Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Class Action Lawsuit Thread (free money for you)

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I had completely forgotten about it and still forget what it was for, but recently got a small check in the mail from a Microsoft suit.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Today, I got an e-mail from the StubHub settlement attorneys:

Hello Todd,

You are receiving this email because you filed a claim in connection with a class action settlement in Wang et al. v. StubHub Inc.. Now that the deadline has passed for all steps necessary for the settlement to become final, your claim has been approved and a total of $564.35 in credit toward purchases through StubHub has been added to your account.

Your credit is valid for any purchases you make through StubHub without restriction. You can use it on your next order using the StubHub platform. Once you have selected the tickets that you would like to purchase and you have proceeded to the checkout page, simply make sure that the credit is selected. You will have up to three years from the date of this email (i.e., until January 11, 2026) to use the credits however you wish.

Best class action settlement I ever got, by a wide margin.

I can't believe I got this much. I'm guessing it's because I paid so much in fees from 2015-2019, thanks to the Dodgers making the playoffs all of those years, and the fact that I attended World Series games in 2017 and 2018.

I would've been happy to see I got $50 here. Wow.

While this isn't cash, it's indeed in my account, and this settlement will be paying for my next few Dodgers games.
    The benchmark has been set. Let us all hope and pray that Bensamochan really sticks it to Paypal and tops the $564!

Amen.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Update on Sweet v Cardona- victory for the defrauded!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammin...ettlement/amp/

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    I had completely forgotten about it and still forget what it was for, but recently got a small check in the mail from a Microsoft suit.
    Oh stop, how much was the check? If you're as rich as Druff $100k is a small check.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I guess this is sort of a class action. Time is running out! Downwinders $50 k compensation, mean downwind from the Nevada nuclear testing.
    Did you or a relative live in this area from this date to this date and get diagnosed with any of these cancers, if so here's your $50k.
    You may be able to collect if you're a heir of a victim.
    That's it in a nutshell. They have a bit ol slush fund just waiting for people to step up.
    No I have not collected on this but I know people who have. Oh and I know all kinds of people who could have qualified but
    simply didn't know about it.
    https://www.cancerbenefits.com/cance...s/downwinders/
    Name:  RECA-eligible-area_Arizona.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  82.1 KB
    If you collect you owe me $500, wink.
    Last edited by Entropy; 04-16-2023 at 11:23 AM.

Load Metric
    I'll kick this off by posting one where you are likely a member of the class.

Were you on ZOOM before July 2021? Then you are probably entitled to $15.

The lawsuit focuses on alleged privacy and security issues with the Zoom Meetings Application (“App”). The lawsuit alleges that Zoom (i) shared certain information with third parties, (ii) should have done more to prevent unwanted meeting disruptions by third parties, and (iii) advertised its Zoom Meetings App as being encrypted “end-to-end” when Plaintiffs contend it was not at that time.
    https://www.zoommeetingsclassaction.com/

Deadline to file is March 5. You can submit the form online.
    Just had $32.32 hit my Amazon account as a result of this post.

TY Druff, GOD.

Comments

Dan Druff: american success story

OK2: poor and enticed to invest time for an advertised $15 payout LOL
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nicky Pipes has made a fortune with class action law suits

Brother do you understand what lawyers pay per lead for some of these class action suits?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Newer Meta/FB settlement: (seems like any fb user from time specfified) from the Cambridge Analytica fallout:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ummer/3159566/

Claim form: https://www.facebookuserprivacysettl.../#submit-claim

Load Metric
    I got $85 from Equifax about a year ago or so. I remember filling out a form online for a data breach. Got a check in the mail. Also returned a form for a Samsung Washing machine I bought. It was for $11. Still have the washing machine and never had an issue after 8 years.

Also, back in the day, like 2005 I stiffed American Express for like $4000. I owed the money but was neck deep into online poker and was stuck, those deposits into Party Poker made sense at the time, you literally could buy phone cards on Party and convert to cash, LOL. . Obviously my card got canceled when I did not pay and sent to collections and when I got my head right I eventually settled with the collection agency for like $2,220 or something, really 50 cents on the dollar. But it was cleared but my credit dropped to 520 or so. It's nearly 800 now.

In 2012 I got a letter with a letter offering me an America Express credit card with a $1,000 limit. There was a long letter from some Class Action suit basically saying I was entitled to the card due to the fact they sold my debt to a collection agency without my permission. The annual fee was waived for the first year. You could tell by the letter it for forced on them by whatever lawsuit they lost.

Why the fuck I got that letter or card I have no idea. I now have an American Express Platinum card with a $25,000 limit and its really my primary card for all charges now. Great rewards program.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket:

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any idea what the Richards thing is about?

Here's an article from a few months ago stating that 51-year-old Richards is making $2m per month (!!) on Onlyfans, and her 18-year-old daughter (with Charlie Sheen) is making "much less": https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...191512695.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    American Airlines got sued over their bag fees. I guess they charged them sometimes when they weren't supposed to.

If you've paid a bag fee to AA in the period of February 2017 to March 2020, you might be eligible for money.

https://bagfeesettlement.com/Home/ClaimForm
    Got this one in the fall but forgot to post about it.

Girlfriend got zero point zero.

I got $85.

Benjamin got $60 (lol).

They actually dug into your records and figured out exactly where you were overcharged. Impressive!

Comments

desertrunner: Good job Ben.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Finally got some money out of Apple regarding their battery issues with the iPhone 6/6 Plus.

Took forever. Got two $95 checks. So old that it wasn't even part of this thread.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Just received 75 cents from Anheuser Busch. Movin on up.

Load Metric
    Eligible customers are receiving postcards or emails alerting them to file a claim by April 15 to receive up to $100, which is the result of the lawsuit accusing Verizon of charging fees that were “unfair and not adequately disclosed.”

How to claim your slice of a $100 million Verizon settlement

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Eligible customers are receiving postcards or emails alerting them to file a claim by April 15 to receive up to $100, which is the result of the lawsuit accusing Verizon of charging fees that were “unfair and not adequately disclosed.”

How to claim your slice of a $100 million Verizon settlement

got the email a couple weeks ago. thought it was fraud. researched it. wasn't. so filed.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Walmart meat purchases.

https://www.walmartweightedgroceriessettlement.com/

NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
    TO: All Persons 1 who Purchased Weighted Goods and/or Bagged Citrus in-person at a Walmart retail store, supercenter, or neighborhood market in the United States or Puerto Rico (“Walmart Store”) from October 19, 2018 through and including January 19, 2024 (the “Settlement Class Period”). YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CASH PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    FYI, the "class action lawsuit" ads on Facebook these days appear to be a scam.

desertrunner posted 2 of these back in September, and I just noticed them today. I deleted the posts. I don't blame him because they look real, and reference real incidents, such as the Caesars data breach.

They appear to be foreign data collection scams.

Anyway, please do NOT post any class action lawsuit ads from Facebook in this thread, unless you have verified they're legit.

I do thank desertrunner for the Verizon post, as I will be looking into filing a claim there for a Verizon phone I have.

Comments

The Boz: Agree on the scams. Walmart one above is legit with news stories linking it. Easy $25 without receipts for regular shoppers.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I didn’t see the ads he posted but in general the class action lawsuits you see on social media are not scams, there are real lawyers on the back end of this

I would assume that yes you are agreeing for your data to be used to be remarketed to

For example Camp Lejeune Class Action all over social media for 2 years now, that’s real and real law firms are buying those leads

Thread Information