Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Class Action Lawsuit Thread (free money for you)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Class Action Lawsuit Thread (free money for you)

Would you like to get free money from class action lawsuits?

Of course you would.

This thread is to list class action lawsuit settlements where you can file a claim.

Please post such information if:

1) The lawsuit has been settled and class members can claim free money/stuff
    -AND-
    2) The class is likely to include one or more PFA members

Do NOT post class action lawsuits which are pending or where litigation/negotiation is ongoing.

Do NOT post junk/trolling in this thread. I will remove such posts and ban users from the thread who do this.

Do NOT post policy-related discussions of class action lawsuits. This isn't the thread for that. This is just for people to learn about free money they can get.

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll kick this off by posting one where you are likely a member of the class.

Were you on ZOOM before July 2021? Then you are probably entitled to $15.

The lawsuit focuses on alleged privacy and security issues with the Zoom Meetings Application (“App”). The lawsuit alleges that Zoom (i) shared certain information with third parties, (ii) should have done more to prevent unwanted meeting disruptions by third parties, and (iii) advertised its Zoom Meetings App as being encrypted “end-to-end” when Plaintiffs contend it was not at that time.
    https://www.zoommeetingsclassaction.com/

Deadline to file is March 5. You can submit the form online.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    StubHub is about to settle.

This is due to Stubhub's intentional avoidance of dislpay of fees on their website, from 2015-2019. This only applies to purchases made on computer -- not tablets/phones -- and only involves the dates below.

You may be a Class Member in the proposed Settlement and may be entitled to participate in the proposed Settlement if you meet the following criteria. The Settlement Class includes all persons who purchased at least one ticket from StubHub while in California using the StubHub website or mobile website from September 1, 2015 to September 1, 2019. All eligible Settlement Class Members will receive an award upon submitting a valid claim. Excluded from the Settlement Class are ticket purchases made using StubHub’s app for mobile devices and tablets.
    https://www.stubhubsettlement.com/lang/en/index.php

You can submit claims online, and the deadline is June 25.

Load Metric
    Draft Kings paid out some class action lawsuit last year.

Did anyone take the money? You had to respond by a certain date and forfeit all rights to future lawsuits.

The alleged payout was around $1,200 per person?

If you had an account with them before a certain date.

Why? Because of their fraudulent ads. You are a victim because they lie and steal your money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This is due to Stubhub's intentional avoidance of dislpay of fees on their website, from 2015-2019. This only applies to purchases made on computer -- not tablets/phones -- and only involves the dates below.

You may be a Class Member in the proposed Settlement and may be entitled to participate in the proposed Settlement if you meet the following criteria. The Settlement Class includes all persons who purchased at least one ticket from StubHub while in California using the StubHub website or mobile website from September 1, 2015 to September 1, 2019. All eligible Settlement Class Members will receive an award upon submitting a valid claim. Excluded from the Settlement Class are ticket purchases made using StubHub’s app for mobile devices and tablets.

BUMP

This deadline is in 3 weeks.

Submitting the claim is easy. You must have made a purchase on Stubhub from 9/1/15-9/1/19 to qualify.

Load Metric

BUMP

This deadline is in 3 weeks.

Submitting the claim is easy. You must have made a purchase on Stubhub from 9/1/15-9/1/19 to qualify.
    From a tablet still though, correct? I made 50 I’m sure in that time frame, but always from my phone so that I can have tickets on my phone.

You can probably do that from tablet, but I just do it from the phone.

Silver
    Load Metric
    FACEBOOK/META Class Action.

Just received this today. Too bad Eric B didn't get this case, filed in the same Northern District Court of CA. Surprised FACEBOOK did not have the same mandatory arbitration clause for its users.

www.FBInternetTrackingSettlement.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notice ID:
    Confirmation Code:

United States District Court for the Northern District of California

In Re Facebook Internet Tracking Litigation, Case No. 5:12-MD-02314-EJD

NOTICE OF PROPOSED SETTLEMENT OF CLASS ACTION

If you are a person who, between April 22, 2010 and September 26, 2011, inclusive, were a Facebook User in the United States who visited non-Facebook websites that displayed the Facebook Like button, you may be eligible for a payment from a Class Action Settlement.

A federal court authorized this Notice. You are not being sued. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.

A Settlement has been reached between Defendant Meta Platforms, Inc., formerly Facebook, Inc. (“Meta” or “Defendant”) and Plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
    You are included in this Settlement as a Settlement Class Member if, between April 22, 2010 and September 26, 2011 inclusive, you were a Facebook User in the United States who visited non-Facebook websites that displayed the Facebook Like button.
    The lawsuit is known as In Re Facebook Internet Tracking Litigation, Case No. 5:12-MD-02314-EJD (N.D. California). Defendant denies that it violated any law but has agreed to the Settlement to avoid the costs and risks associated with continuing this case.
    Your rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Please read this Notice carefully.
    Last edited by JoeD; 06-23-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    JoeD, you're a lawyer, right?

Can you explain how the above lawsuit is valid? I received the same e-mail. I was shocked that, in 2022, Facebook could be sued for actions in 2010-2011. Clearly these violations weren't discovered in 2022, as the suit itself admits that users noticed the Facebook "Like" button on external websites in 2010-2011.

How could the statute of limitations not be expired at this point?

Silver
    Load Metric

Can you explain how the above lawsuit is valid? I received the same e-mail. I was shocked that, in 2022, Facebook could be sued for actions in 2010-2011. Clearly these violations weren't discovered in 2022, as the suit itself admits that users noticed the Facebook "Like" button on external websites in 2010-2011.

Yes. Case No. CASE #: 5:12-md-02314-EJD, originally filed on February 8, 2012
    So it was timely at least regarding the statute of limitations.

Looks like at least 3 amended complaints with successful Motions to Dismiss by Facebook, at least 1 appeal, and dozens of lawyers working on the case. They finally settled.

Doesn't beat my personal record - I'm involved in a State Court case originally filed in 2011 that is presently set for another trial (trial #2) later this year. The 1st jury trial verdict was reversed on appeal. Plus a bankruptcy filing and then 2 years of COVID delays. Meanwhile, my clients' $2,000,000 has been and remains stuck on deposit with the Court since 2011.

Load Metric
    Class Action Lawsuits i have wondered about now myself some

are they worth it, to even just bother with and idk

I worked at Lowes Home Improvement few years ago and while a part of all that and they're 401k etc something happened but in the mail i got a real actual, sign this to be a part of a Class Action that went on vs. Lowes Home Improvement but i not honestly overly even wanting to be bothered didnt, but i could have and so now i do wonder about these more maybe as i get older, and just have gotten them but lol only wondered never done

Bronze
    Load Metric

Seriously, Druff? You don't know the legal system is shit? It was filed timely - my buddy still waiting for Restaurant overcharges from Visa/MasterCard from his restaurant. Looking at 12,000
    From 20ish years ago.

Load Metric
    too bad plop is no longer on pfa

about two years ago he sent me a link to a class action lawsuit involving an NFL team, told me it was free money

i was too lazy to write up a claim - about a year later he received a check for $4k

oops
    Hi Lew!!!

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    This one looks solid if you purchased Chicken of the Sea tuna from 2011-2015:

https://www.tunaendpurchasersettlement.com/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    If you went to a FOR PROFIT COLLEGE - This is VITAL! Do it now!

https://www.ppsl.org/cases/sweet-v-cardona

Comments

Tellafriend: fucking freeloaders

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    California AT&T Customers: Get $20 for lol "Admin Fees" being charged by AT&T Wireless between June 2015 and June 2022. If you were a customer during those 7 years, you can get $20.

www.ATTVianuClassActionSettlement.com

Deadline to file is 10/29/22

Again, this is California only.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    American Airlines got sued over their bag fees. I guess they charged them sometimes when they weren't supposed to.

If you've paid a bag fee to AA in the period of February 2017 to March 2020, you might be eligible for money.

https://bagfeesettlement.com/Home/ClaimForm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Didn't have high hopes for this one, and in fact forgot about it.

Today, I got an e-mail from the settlement attorneys:

Hello Todd,

You are receiving this email because you filed a claim in connection with a class action settlement in Wang et al. v. StubHub Inc.. Now that the deadline has passed for all steps necessary for the settlement to become final, your claim has been approved and a total of $564.35 in credit toward purchases through StubHub has been added to your account.

Your credit is valid for any purchases you make through StubHub without restriction. You can use it on your next order using the StubHub platform. Once you have selected the tickets that you would like to purchase and you have proceeded to the checkout page, simply make sure that the credit is selected. You will have up to three years from the date of this email (i.e., until January 11, 2026) to use the credits however you wish.

Best class action settlement I ever got, by a wide margin.

I can't believe I got this much. I'm guessing it's because I paid so much in fees from 2015-2019, thanks to the Dodgers making the playoffs all of those years, and the fact that I attended World Series games in 2017 and 2018.

I would've been happy to see I got $50 here. Wow.

While this isn't cash, it's indeed in my account, and this settlement will be paying for my next few Dodgers games.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: What a result!

Thread Information