View Poll Results: What shoud Druff do at this point?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forget it and just don't go back for awhile

7 33.33%
  • Call the general manager and complain, then don't go back for awhile

4 19.05%
  • Call corporate and make a complaint there

4 19.05%
  • Druff was the one in the wrong here

2 9.52%
  • Don't know / don't care

4 19.05%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jew Make the Call: "We're Unable to Refund You" Edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I’m trying to figure out why you wasted time letting your food get cold over the situation.

A true Heeb would have just left and charged back the entire meal.
    I wasn't. Had it been a 15-minute wait to talk while my food was getting cold, I would have walked out after a few minutes.

Here I was waiting for the burrito (the final item) anyway. I figured once I got my burrito, then I was actually waiting just for the refund, and at that point I would get more aggressive about demanding the manager come talk to me (though I had already asked for it earlier, as you saw from the story).

The 5 or so additional minutes I waited after the burrito came was about the max time I would have waited before just walking out and dealing with it later. However, this of course was inappropriate because they had known for 15+ minutes that I was waiting for this refund, and doing so literally took 30 seconds at most. That idiot manager just didn't feel like interrupting her burrito-making to help me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also it was confirmed by the GM that I was correct to ask for a cash refund.

"There's no way to do it on the app, no way to do it through customer service", she told me. "It's on us. We have to give the refund in cash when there's a problem."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Please provide the name and location of the restaurant and I and perhaps others will call and explain that you are not right in the head and have a documented history of causing trouble for several people in several separate trivial matters.

Pathetic.

Load Metric
    I know it’s 2022 but please tell us if workers are black or Spanish? I have noticed both races seem to go on a power trip when dealing with white men
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Please provide the name and location of the restaurant and I and perhaps others will call and explain that you are not right in the head and have a documented history of causing trouble for several people in several separate trivial matters.

Pathetic.
    Please provide your name and location so we can call and explain to neighborhood bars to cut you off before you even walk in.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    There is an Athol in Idaho.

Comments

country978: you don't say

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Pathetic.
    Please provide your name and location so we can call and explain to neighborhood bars to cut you off before you even walk in.
    You're a bit late for that but even so I have never bothered any working stiff over anything so insignificant.

Your boy must love hearing of your gallant dealings with such unscrupulous people

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I know it’s 2022 but please tell us if workers are black or Spanish? I have noticed both races seem to go on a power trip when dealing with white men
    You need to tell the race of employees in order to paint a clear picture here. I never thought you would be scared to say on your own free speech site. It isn’t racist for you to say the race of employees. You have noticeably been very careful in the past year or so when it comes to race. If you were a victim of reverse racism just say so
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I’m trying to figure out why you wasted time letting your food get cold over the situation.

A true Heeb would have just left and charged back the entire meal.
    I wasn't. Had it been a 15-minute wait to talk while my food was getting cold, I would have walked out after a few minutes.

Here I was waiting for the burrito (the final item) anyway. I figured once I got my burrito, then I was actually waiting just for the refund, and at that point I would get more aggressive about demanding the manager come talk to me (though I had already asked for it earlier, as you saw from the story).

The 5 or so additional minutes I waited after the burrito came was about the max time I would have waited before just walking out and dealing with it later. However, this of course was inappropriate because they had known for 15+ minutes that I was waiting for this refund, and doing so literally took 30 seconds at most. That idiot manager just didn't feel like interrupting her burrito-making to help me.
    This was obviously a result of your disposition and attitude.

Of course you're in the right to expect a refund, but making someone wait like this is always because they acted like an entitled dick.

It's all about how you treat people. Obviously everyone runs into shitty service here and there but it continuously happening with you says everything.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’m starting to suspect this, also.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    The overall problem is nothing will change. The GM is in a no win situation, the District Manager is in a worse situation. Both are probably good people who take pride in their job but the GM has to check their work ethic and expectations when they walk through the door. While everyone is now talking about the staffing situations, the reality is that it’s been a problem for years now.

The staff at most restaurants just doesn’t give a damn and hates their job. Restaurants are paying more and more but you are getting the same shitty employees. You are now paying $15 to the same minimum wage quality employees. Paying more does nothing other than increase the prices to customers. The App ordering is the result of the staffing issues and isn’t going away. It’s why you see free stuff for signing up and other promotions for Apps. They can’t find people to answer phones and take orders.

So while there will be a discussion with the manager in question, I guarantee it will be more a discussion to try and improve the employee and build them up instead of threatening them. The GM knows she isn’t finding anyone better and she can’t be there all opening hours. And she also knows if she fires the employee, the next place down the street will be happy to hire an “experienced” manager and will hire them without even calling previous employers. So they accept what they get and are happy if they can keep the doors open and the cash rolling in.

Sad situation, but this truly is the “new normal” in the restaurant industry.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Of course you're in the right to expect a refund, but making someone wait like this is always because they acted like an entitled dick.

It's all about how you treat people. Obviously everyone runs into shitty service here and there but it continuously happening with you says everything.

The manager was in the back and felt she was "behind" in making the burritos, because they were short staffed. Anything else could wait, in her opinion.

The girl in front just wanted to push me to "use the app", since she didn't have the code to give me a cash refund like the manager did, and she wasn't allowed to have it. The fact that there was no way to refund on the app was immaterial to her -- she just wanted me to eat the $ and go away.

I wasn't an "entitled dick". The nicest person in the world would have also waited a long time for this refund -- in fact, even longer, because I only got the manager to finally come out because I escalated my demands for her to come out once I had all my food.

As I mentioned, the manager actually went to the GM herself and bragged what a good job she did staying focused on the burritos, and how she didn't let that nagging customer distract her.

The GM was like...

Once again, a bad Sloppy Joe take. I know everyone is shocked.

Load Metric

The manager was in the back and felt she was "behind" in making the burritos, because they were short staffed. Anything else could wait, in her opinion.

The girl in front just wanted to push me to "use the app", since she didn't have the code to give me a cash refund like the manager did, and she wasn't allowed to have it. The fact that there was no way to refund on the app was immaterial to her -- she just wanted me to eat the $ and go away.

I wasn't an "entitled dick". The nicest person in the world would have also waited a long time for this refund -- in fact, even longer, because I only got the manager to finally come out because I escalated my demands for her to come out once I had all my food.

As I mentioned, the manager actually went to the GM herself and bragged what a good job she did staying focused on the burritos, and how she didn't let that nagging customer distract her.

The GM was like...

You're right, definitely a one off that's never happened to you before and unlikely to happen again.

Here's hoping you found a substitute dessert that didn't crimm up your legs again.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

The GM was like...

Pretty concise response that intentionally didn’t address the fact that this happens to you over and over and over and over again. I wonder why that might be? You’re probably just super unlucky…………..

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Druff is a customer a businessman would send to his competitor
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Which Athol?
    Massachusetts. Is there another Athol?
    Actually, I believe there is another in Idaho. A state which self-identifies as our esteemed Vice President.

I'm from near Athol. (MA) East of, so no inbreeding comments. Save that for folks from Winchendon. or Orange, MA.

Comments

country978: then you're from royalston, templeton or phillipston

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSiena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Massachusetts. Is there another Athol?
    Actually, I believe there is another in Idaho. A state which self-identifies as our esteemed Vice President.

I'm from near Athol. (MA) East of, so no inbreeding comments. Save that for folks from Winchendon. or Orange, MA.
    Nothing like dropping unnecessary politics into your very first post. You should fit in well.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    However, I probably won't go back again for awhile, for this reason.
    Explain to me why you would ever reward them with your repeat business?

if he did that there would literally no business within a 2 mile radius that he could visit.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Hate to do it but I have to disagree with Druff. I probably have the same amount of customer service fails and could post here weekly however once the situation was accessed, manger cooking food, said they were short staffed etc.. , Im simply writing my name down to hand the cashier and saying ill call back tomorrow or whenever.

Now if you're having a bad day and want to make a scene ... go right ahead .... me, im not starting a heated discussion with the guy making my food lol. As right as you are about the situation, and there is no argument about that .... I could never go back after this. Id always be worried about them fucking with my food.

And yes, its a complete fail on the manager to not just say ... give the guy the money back on the item we don't have and Ill deal with the register later. i mean how stupid to think an average customer want to deal with the app or even have to think about it going forward. Just hand you the difference and be done. Pretty fucking stupid on his end. Sometimes you just have to walk away from stupid though ...
    Last edited by Ballhawknet; 02-21-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

The GM was like...

Pretty concise response that intentionally didn’t address the fact that this happens to you over and over and over and over again. I wonder why that might be? You’re probably just super unlucky…………..
    It just happened to you at your kid's birthday party -- a much worse version, in fact. Was that because you were "insufferable" and "entitled", or just because you ran into an asshole manager?

What about when your kid was offered a cookie and then no longer offered a cookie, and you called corporate? More bad luck?

This shit happens to everyone -- it just a matter of how far they're willing to go to rectify it. A healthy percentage of people would just say "Fuck it, I'll eat the money, it's too much trouble", and not even bother arguing once (incorrectly) told they have to do it through the app. That approach is fine, but it doesn't work for me. I'm not letting them keep my money because they're lazy/incompetent.

If I'm in the wrong here, why did the GM fully agree with me, and volunteer that this same employee has had recent issues with other customers, as well?

My choice here was to either eat the cost or pressure them to come out and deal with it. No amount of niceness or asskissing would have made this better. If you're too dumb to see that, then that's your problem.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post
    Hate to do it but I have to disagree with Druff. I probably have the same amount of customer service fails and could post here weekly however once the situation was accessed, manger cooking food, said they were short staffed etc.. , Im simply writing my name down to hand the cashier and saying ill call back tomorrow or whenever.

Now if you're having a bad day and want to make a scene ... go right ahead .... me, im not starting a heated discussion with the guy making my food lol. As right as you are about the situation, and there is no argument about that .... I could never go back after this. Id always be worried about them fucking with my food.
    This place isn't super close to me. The amount of money wouldn't be worth making a round trip to retrieve the refund the next day.

It turns out that a cash refund was the only way to rectify this. They have no other way to handle it, due to system limitations. So I would have actually needed to physically return there and get the cash. I actually suspected as such, though the incompetent night manager didn't know this for sure (but conceded that it was possible I was right about the app not being able to do refunds).

So basically my choices were to either just eat the money, or press the manager to stop her burrito-making and deal with this. I chose the latter.

I agree that I wouldn't want any of these same 3 employees making my food at any point in the future. It's actually possible that all three will be fired (the GM was very spun up about what happened, especially about their confrontational attitudes with me), but due to the worker shortage, probably not.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post

This place isn't super close to me. The amount of money wouldn't be worth making a round trip to retrieve the refund the next day.

It turns out that a cash refund was the only way to rectify this. They have no other way to handle it, due to system limitations. So I would have actually needed to physically return there and get the cash. I actually suspected as such, though the incompetent night manager didn't know this for sure (but conceded that it was possible I was right about the app not being able to do refunds).

So basically my choices were to either just eat the money, or press the manager to stop her burrito-making and deal with this. I chose the latter.

I agree that I wouldn't want any of these same 3 employees making my food at any point in the future. It's actually possible that all three will be fired (the GM was very spun up about what happened, especially about their confrontational attitudes with me), but due to the worker shortage, probably not.

You ignored my option of just calling next day. You said you were there before and it was a small amount of money so i would have just left my name, called back the next day to confirm, and settle up next time. The problem of you not wanting those 3 employees not making your food in the future was due to you deciding to make an issue at the time ... when obviously they were short staffed and said so. Again, just beyond stupid the manager doesn't give the good ahead to refund out of register and deal with that later. And yes of course you are right, and its illegal ... etc. Just have to better time your battle with idiots imo. Just brought more stress upon yourself.

Thread Information