Thread: another missing person found dead (Mt. Charleston content)

Load Metric

another missing person found dead (Mt. Charleston content)

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/2/1...dead-at-age-49

Xtreme Couture coach Tim Lane was found dead on Friday at age 49.

Lane, a former kickboxing champion and longtime presence at Xtreme Couture, was reported missing on Thursday before ultimately being found dead in Nevada’s Mount Charleston area.

On Friday, Xtreme Couture head coach Eric Nicksick confirmed Lane’s passing on Instagram following a manhunt in the Mount Charleston area that lead to Lane’s discovery, and indicated that suicide may have been the cause of death.

“I think the best thing that I can say in this situation is that I’m just glad that all of us were up here looking for him. I just that would’ve been important for him to know, that his Xtreme Couture and MVP family were looking for him and loved him,” Nicksick said in an emotional video.

“This is another friend and a coach who’s taken his life, and this sh*t gets heavy, man. This sh*t is too soon and I don’t understand a lot of this stuff, and the reasons why, but please make sure you tell your loved ones that you love them and check in on people.”...

Load Metric
    Druff has rotary phone there.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Druff has rotary phone there.
    FRANKRIZZO IS GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah this guy hels'd himself at Mount Charleston. Wonder why he chose to do it out there. Apparently he had some freak out at or near home in Las Vegas, said he was going to kill himself, drove to Mount Charleston, and did the deed. It's a 40-minute drive there, but apparently that time didn't cool him down.

I had a buddy from high school develop severe emotional issues in his 20s, and he did something similar. Totally normal kid in high school, and we were friends twice (first in elementary school, then again in high school, then we kinda faded out of contact). I found out in 1999 that he vanished in Yosemite, a place which he loved more than anything. He had been suffering from severe depression and suicidal thoughts, so it didn't take a lot to connect the dots. He was an expert hiker and outdoorsman, and he knew Yosemite better than anyone, so it didn't look likely it was a matter of an accident or getting lost. I figured he went to go be one with the park he loved, and indeed that was what happened. Two years later, his remains were found in a super remote area, where he had hiked to in order to kill himself and never be located. Very sad story.

I do wonder if this guy went to Mount Charleston for similar reasons.

There are actually very few deaths by suicide at Mount Charleston. It's almost always from accidents or heart attacks while hiking. Well known Vegas sports handicapper David Malinsky died there four years ago, after falling off a cliff. It wasn't a suicide, and he wasn't murdered. He was a frequent hiker in the area, and just fell over the side somehow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and apparently this dude had a minor connection to poker.

Johnny Vibes knew him, and Kristen Bicknell posted that she was good friends with his wife. Not sure if he ever played poker, or if there was just some other connection to these people. Probably the latter.

Thread Information