Thread: Inclusive Workplace Training: Post your Questions Here

Diamond
    Load Metric

Inclusive Workplace Training: Post your Questions Here

So my brilliant HR person decided to book this obv scam of a businesswoman to come and talk to us about Diversity Equity and Inclusion.

Below is the the overview:

Goals:

To provide you with a baseline understanding of how to foster a psychologically safe workplace
    To begin to understand race in America and how racism and oppression are ingrained in our institutions
    To provide a safe space to brainstorm and commit to at least 1 actionable step to foster an anti-racist, psychologically safe environment

Agenda:

Intro, Goals,& Ground Rules
    Psychological Safety 101: The Fundamentals
    Understanding Our Differences: Defining Diversity & Inclusion
    Race,Oppression, & Anti-Blackness
    How to Recognize & Mitigate Bias
    Action Planning: Individuals Commit to 1 Thing for Change
    Final Thoughts / Q&A

So not only is this bitch taking up my entire lunch but this will last an entire 90 minutes. Since there will be a Q&A portion, I would like you all to post some questions I can ask her.

Possible questions include:

- I noticed that throughout the entire 90 minutes, not one second was devoted to the hate crime that was perpetrated against the Asians last year(largely by Blacks). Also, noticed not one sections was dedicated to the Jews, whom not only have been at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement dating back to the 50s with Thurgood Marshall, but have experienced a recent increase in hate crime attacks as well. Almost 300% more this January than last. Why is that? Do you not feel those groups are worthy of anti-Jewishness or anti-Asianness?

- Are you a fan of Ibrahim Kendi? If so, a lot of her rhetoric involves putting the blame on inequality with the people at the top. Its no surprise then that a lot of individuals in power are of Jewish decent. Therefore, its not hard to make a connection that those groups of people are the cause of these issues. The same rhetoric was espoused during 1930s in Germany and we all seen how that turned out. Are you not concerned about that occurring again, especially with the rise of anti Semitic attacks?

Im not looking to get fired but if this bitch taking up 1.5 hours, I better get my times worth.

Gold
    Load Metric
    If everyone has to agree to change one thing then wouldn't that presume that everyone in attendance needs to change and isn't that presumption itself a bit racist?

Comments

OSA: cant beat this logic

Load Metric
    Blame the gays for this

Silver
    Load Metric
    "Whoppi Goldberg said that the Holocaust wasn't about race. What do you think?"

"Many CRT proponents insist black people can't be racist, yet I've seen tens of videos, from New York to SF, of black people targeting Asian people, often saying it out load. Can black people be racist?"

"The N word is said to be acceptable only for black people to use. Is it OK for half black people to use the N Word, or does their whiteness cancel out their N word pass?"

"How come black people in the inner city or places like Chicago murder each other so frequently, and is this the result of white supremacy / anti-blackness?"

"Can Blacks and Mexicans be white supremacists?"

"Since we are all racist, can you share a time you were racist?"

"Do you really expect us to buy any of this bullshit?"

Comments

country978: these are excellent questions

Load Metric
    My "friend" used to call into 8th tier poker radio shows and say the n word 3 times.

Does this make me a racist for being his "friend"?

Comments

OSA: love ya

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ibram X. Kendi is a dude, so you probably shouldn't refer to him as "her", unless you claim you're trying to be gender inclusive.

Comments

OSA: oops good catch, ty

Silver
    Load Metric
    Not sure that I'd ask the questions proposed in this thread if you plan on keeping your job long term.

If you want to score some points I'd walk into the meeting with this tag on.

Also, if you provide photographic evidence you wore the name tag into the meeting I will dono $50.00 to the next freeroll
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

Dan Druff:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually you should ask what they are doing to be inclusive to gay people, and when the gay workshop will be.

As a twink-loving gay man, you have a right to ask that question. Unless you aren't out at work.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Kendi is a male.

And my guess is you would be fired if you asked any derivation of any of your sample questions.

Comments

OSA: fired? really? I think they were well thought out and articulated.

Load Metric
    Was she sincere or was she some type of race lady?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    "Whoppi Goldberg said that the Holocaust wasn't about race. What do you think?"

"Many CRT proponents insist black people can't be racist, yet I've seen tens of videos, from New York to SF, of black people targeting Asian people, often saying it out load. Can black people be racist?"

"The N word is said to be acceptable only for black people to use. Is it OK for half black people to use the N Word, or does their whiteness cancel out their N word pass?"

"How come black people in the inner city or places like Chicago murder each other so frequently, and is this the result of white supremacy / anti-blackness?"

"Can Blacks and Mexicans be white supremacists?"

"Since we are all racist, can you share a time you were racist?"

"Do you really expect us to buy any of this bullshit?"

1. I think this is the most legitimate question you could ask without sounding aggressive. Her explanation only made it worse because it sounded like she thinks that racism only affects blacks

2. Too judgemental

3. I like it.

4. 2nd worse question

5. No point to ask, too confrontational

6. My favorite one. This puts her in a position to either say black people cant be racist or she has to lean in and explain a time.

7. Worst one obv, because apparently there are hundreds if not thousands of people making a living off of this stuff so someone is buying lol

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Not sure that I'd ask the questions proposed in this thread if you plan on keeping your job long term.

Also, if you provide photographic evidence you wore the name tag into the meeting I will dono $50.00 to the next freeroll

Ill wear it if you donate it to my vacation fund.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

Ill wear it if you donate it to my vacation fund.
    You really should ask if she will donate $50 of her speaking fee to your vacation fund.

I mean it would help her be more inclusive, wouldn't it?

Comments

OSA: agreed

Diamond
    Load Metric
    T minus 10 minutes till this farce of a meeting. Gonna have my camera off the entire time so I can do actual work

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Name:  20220217_123436.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  1.07 MB

This bitch convieniently forgets to mention the obesity rate in Black community and how that was a driving force for the death rates as well as the mistrust of govt and vaccines in general dating back to the 50s.

Load Metric

This bitch convieniently forgets to mention the obesity rate in Black community and how that was a driving force for the death rates as well as the mistrust of govt and vaccines in general dating back to the 50s.
    Yeah, lol at that first bullet point. You should have interjected with "so theyre not good at social distancing? At least until the baby is born?"

Load Metric
    used to be only Jesse Jackson did these shakedowns and then only to mega corporations

i guess this is a growth industry

Comments

herbertstemple: LOL
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

You could have asked "How many people are returning to Africa because of these grievances?"
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Thread Information