Thread: Is münecat sonatine’s dream girl???

Load Metric

Is münecat sonatine’s dream girl???

Just ran across a very interesting YouTuber whose almost 2-hour video about the fraudulent nature of the crypto world I could not stop watching. Literally. Watched the whole damn thing from start to finish, with only a short pause to get a piece of cheesecake out of the fridge.

Check it out let me know if you think she is sonatine’s dream girl.

Comments

Entropy: I made it to 5:52, she's a climate activist NEXT...
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    im going to go out on a limb and say the 42 year old actress from Coronation Street did not in fact write this.

also im assuming 'line goes up' spelled out all of this 6 months ago with fewer shitty skits and noise.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I laugh at the cryptobros who believe that today's version of crypto is going to be the future.

While I've been wrong about the longevity of crypto (pretty shocking that it's where it is today, given the beatdown bitcoin originally had back in 2013 after the MtGox scandal), I still stand firm on the theory of where it will eventually end up:

All but the top few cryptos will go to zero, all but the top few NFTs will go to zero, and even the top ones will be worth far less.

Crypto's ceiling lies in its complexity, volatility, and lack of stability. Even dumbed down versions are too intimidating for the general public, and thus the utility for it is limited. For all the growth in market cap, we still have less utility out of crypto than we did 5 years ago.

Eventually we might see a government-backed version of crypto which is easier for the public to use. Think of a stablecoin backed by real funds by a real government. That might catch on and become commonplace in the future.

The current state of crypto and NFTs reminds me of what I thought of the housing market in the early and mid 2000s. Someone asked me at the time why I didn't buy a house or condo in Vegas, and instead rented "a shitty 2 bedroom apartment". I said that I knew a crash was coming soon, I just didn't know how soon.

Same thing here. Crypto/NFTs will have its major day of reckoning soon enough. It might be a combination of several days of reckoning, and we might not see it fully play out for several years. We also might see it this year. Too hard to tell.

Gold
    Load Metric
    What's Scott Mattusow's position on crypto?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im going to go out on a limb and say the 42 year old actress from Coronation Street did not in fact write this.

also im assuming 'line goes up' spelled out all of this 6 months ago with fewer shitty skits and noise.
    I’m guessing that if you had lived in the 1940s, you would have made a similar claim about Hedy Lamarr’s contribution to the invention of radio frequency-hopping tech because she was an actress.

Edit: Uhhh, I think there’s MIGHT be more than one Taylor-surnamed female in the UK whose first name starts with “Georgi”.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 05-28-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I laugh at the cryptobros who believe that today's version of crypto is going to be the future.

While I've been wrong about the longevity of crypto (pretty shocking that it's where it is today, given the beatdown bitcoin originally had back in 2013 after the MtGox scandal), I still stand firm on the theory of where it will eventually end up:

All but the top few cryptos will go to zero, all but the top few NFTs will go to zero, and even the top ones will be worth far less.

Crypto's ceiling lies in its complexity, volatility, and lack of stability. Even dumbed down versions are too intimidating for the general public, and thus the utility for it is limited. For all the growth in market cap, we still have less utility out of crypto than we did 5 years ago.

Eventually we might see a government-backed version of crypto which is easier for the public to use. Think of a stablecoin backed by real funds by a real government. That might catch on and become commonplace in the future.

The current state of crypto and NFTs reminds me of what I thought of the housing market in the early and mid 2000s. Someone asked me at the time why I didn't buy a house or condo in Vegas, and instead rented "a shitty 2 bedroom apartment". I said that I knew a crash was coming soon, I just didn't know how soon.

Same thing here. Crypto/NFTs will have its major day of reckoning soon enough. It might be a combination of several days of reckoning, and we might not see it fully play out for several years. We also might see it this year. Too hard to tell.

i just wasnt raised with the take 'this is a ponzi but will almost certainly be one of the most successful ponzis in history' in my cultural vocabulary.

almost everyone who bought into this shit any other reason is poor again.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    radio frequency hopping sucks

Comments

sonatine: get them

Thread Information