Thread: Druff's Dolphin Sugie

Ballin'
    Load Metric

Druff's Dolphin Sugie

TMMLK enjoyed the story about the dolphin Sugie. TMMLK likes the weekly radio where you encounter problems. TMMLK would like to hear more in the future.

FREE TYDE, 30-2 LANDSLIDE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sugie is probably dead now.

Most dolphins in captivity live around 15 years on average. Occasionally one will make it to as old as 40, but it's very uncommon.

I don't know how old Sugie was when I met him in 2006. Those damn Jamaicans wouldn't give me any time with him.

At least I got to meet a fake Jeff Goldbum as a result of the whole experience.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'm gonna listen to the dolphin sugie segment tonight to see what all this fuss is about

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like not much has changed.

Review from August 2015:

We booked this excursion through NCL while we were in docked in Ocho Rios. We were told to meet in the excursion area at 1030. We arrived around 1020 where it was filled with people for all kinds of excursions. We checked in with the staff and got wristbands. The staff told us to wait until we were called for the shuttle. We ended up waiting over an hour for our shuttle to arrive. During this time, all other excursions had left and our group was the only ones standing there. We finally get on a bus and get to the Dolphin Cove for us to only wait in another line for them to tell us we have to wait another hour before we have our dolphin experience. On top of that, since we were so late they ran out of lockers so we had no where to put our towels and cameras while we were with the dolphins. So then we wait...and wait until it is our turn. We go on the dock and they finally call us. The experience lasts about 15 minutes where you clap for the dolphin to jump, pet her a little and then give her a kiss. The end.

There were other things to see on the property like a few bunnies and birds. They also had a shark area where people were meeting sharks (for a fee).
    I'm not sure if I would do this one again since the overall experience was not that great.
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...a.html#REVIEWS

Exactly what I got stuck with in 2006. You can tell this woman was just as surprised and disappointed as I was.

Looks like they hit the cruise ship people with this awful dolphin program, and do the real dolphin swim for walk-up customers. That's probably what they meant by "we do the swim program you wanted on different days of the week." Probably the days the cruise ships haven't booked up the place.

Anyway, if you want to look at the website for this shitty Ocho Rios joint, here it is: https://www.dolphincoveja.com/

I do see they normally offer 3 levels of dolphin programs. The "encounter" sounds like the shit I got, even though it was labeled "dolphin swim". The one called "dolphin swim" entitles you to a dolphin belly ride, and the one called "royal swim" gives you the belly ride, the foot push, and the dorsal pull. The latter is what I did in Cozumel in 2013, and it was fun.

Bottom line is you should never book through cruise ships because you'll often get fucked.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: enjoyed the story

Gold
    Load Metric
    The funniest part was the person who showed up a few hours before departure with no money and no ticket to board and wound up on the boat and staked in poker games and hooking up with the 1 single girl on the boat. He was getting on the boat come hell or high water.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You are lucky you didn't swim with the dolphins.
    I hear they are rapey.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    The funniest part was the person who showed up a few hours before departure with no money and no ticket to board and wound up on the boat and staked in poker games and hooking up with the 1 single girl on the boat. He was getting on the boat come hell or high water.
    Yeah Lalande I forget his name always has a he is busto thread. Legit funny guy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    You are lucky you didn't swim with the dolphins.
    I hear they are rapey.
    I dove with dolphins in the open ocean in Hawaii a couple times. Dolphins (at least male ones) definitely like to fuck. A lot of times two males will team up on a female and take turns. Not a single other dolphin will even bat a eye.

Thread Information