Thread: Best Game You Ever Attended in Person

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Best Game You Ever Attended in Person

What is the best game you ever attended in person?

Mine was last night. Chiefs vs Bills. What an amazing atmosphere. 31 points scored after the 2:00 warning. Shock, then sadness, then elation. Then more OT thrills. It took a solid 5-6 hours after the game before I calmed down.

One funny side note; two of the eight in our group walked out at :13 left. They literally had to watch OT on a tv in the parking lot. We will never let them live that down!

Runner up:

Before last night the best game I had attended in person was the 2015 World Series Game 1 Royals vs Mets. It was cold and rainy. I woke up sick (Druff immune system) and contemplated not going. My wife made me go. I’m sitting in the stands hacking and shivering. Then Alcides Escobar hits a lead off first pitch inside the park HR! Fast forward to the 9th and the Royals trail by 1. Juerys Familia is the closer for the Mets and has been untouchable. Until hometown hero Alex Gordon steps in and hits a tying bomb to straight away center. Absolute pandemonium ensued! Royals go on to win in extras and win the WS in NY.

I was also at the 2018 AFC Championship the Chiefs lost in OT after a Dee Ford lined up offsides on a game sealing (we thought) interception play. Amazing game

More obscurely, I attended a Chiefs vs Raiders game 10+ years ago. This is a huge rivalry. The Chiefs trailed by 3 late. Larry Johnson took a screen pass and weaved through the D all the way down to the 1 or 2. KC calls a timeout with a few seconds left. We all assumed it was going to be kick the FG and go into OT. This was pre-analytics and what not. But nope Dick Vermiel sent the offense out. LJ takes the hand off and dives over the top to score the game winning TD as time expired. I thought the place was gonna collapse.

Lastly I attended a regular season game vs Tom Brady and the Patriots at Arrowhead 6 or 7 years ago. The Chiefs thumped NE. It was awesome watching Brady pout in person. The talking heads later that week said he was done. The dynasty was over. Retirement was near. All he’s done since is win 3 or 4 more. Hate that guy lol.
    Last edited by jsearles22; 01-24-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information