Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Game You Ever Attended in Person

Load Metric

Best Game You Ever Attended in Person

What is the best game you ever attended in person?

Mine was last night. Chiefs vs Bills. What an amazing atmosphere. 31 points scored after the 2:00 warning. Shock, then sadness, then elation. Then more OT thrills. It took a solid 5-6 hours after the game before I calmed down.

One funny side note; two of the eight in our group walked out at :13 left. They literally had to watch OT on a tv in the parking lot. We will never let them live that down!

Runner up:

Before last night the best game I had attended in person was the 2015 World Series Game 1 Royals vs Mets. It was cold and rainy. I woke up sick (Druff immune system) and contemplated not going. My wife made me go. I’m sitting in the stands hacking and shivering. Then Alcides Escobar hits a lead off first pitch inside the park HR! Fast forward to the 9th and the Royals trail by 1. Juerys Familia is the closer for the Mets and has been untouchable. Until hometown hero Alex Gordon steps in and hits a tying bomb to straight away center. Absolute pandemonium ensued! Royals go on to win in extras and win the WS in NY.

I was also at the 2018 AFC Championship the Chiefs lost in OT after a Dee Ford lined up offsides on a game sealing (we thought) interception play. Amazing game

More obscurely, I attended a Chiefs vs Raiders game 10+ years ago. This is a huge rivalry. The Chiefs trailed by 3 late. Larry Johnson took a screen pass and weaved through the D all the way down to the 1 or 2. KC calls a timeout with a few seconds left. We all assumed it was going to be kick the FG and go into OT. This was pre-analytics and what not. But nope Dick Vermiel sent the offense out. LJ takes the hand off and dives over the top to score the game winning TD as time expired. I thought the place was gonna collapse.

Lastly I attended a regular season game vs Tom Brady and the Patriots at Arrowhead 6 or 7 years ago. The Chiefs thumped NE. It was awesome watching Brady pout in person. The talking heads later that week said he was done. The dynasty was over. Retirement was near. All he’s done since is win 3 or 4 more. Hate that guy lol.
    Last edited by jsearles22; 01-24-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    August 20, 1988 (considered notable enough 29 years later for MLB to post it on YouTube, despite it just being a regluar season game): Kirk Gibson wins the game in a walkoff from a wild pitch -- from second base!

October 27, 2018 - Dodgers win a World Series game against the Red Sox in the 18th inning, via a Max Muncy walkoff HR. Game was 7 1/2 hours, the longest in Dodger Stadium history, and it's also the longest playoff game ever.

Comments

jsearles22: Extra innings and playoffs. Nothing better

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also LOL @ the NFL not letting people embed their YouTube videos.

Comments

herbertstemple: Too busy stopping racism rep.

Load Metric
    I knew there was a thread on here from a decade ago with a similar theme, found that and copied my post:

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I flew back to the twin cities to see the Vikings-Packers monday night game in 2009, the first with Favre on the Vikes vs the pack. Great game but nothing too memorable. Stayed and snap-purchased tix for the next days game 163 of Tigers-Twins, due to them finishing the season tied. Best game I've ever seen live.

Load Metric
    You were at the Oct 27, 2018 game, Druff?

What a series that was. Every night stretched into morning on the east coast.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You were at the Oct 27, 2018 game, Druff?

What a series that was. Every night stretched into morning on the east coast.

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1055984562314956800

Not cheap, though. $600 per seat. I took Benjamin.

Still got one of the best deals in the stadium.

Comments

Sanlmar: They Series will be appreciated more as time goes by. So much fun

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd like to interrupt this brag thread for a serious question and anyone is allowed to weigh in with their guesses.

Which of these two, jsearles(bigfoot)22 or Todd(two plates)Witteles, consumed more food and beverage at their respective games. My guess is bigfoot because of potential tailgating and liquor consumption but it's gonna be a close.

Also, for bigfoot, how many cop roadblocks are there after a game in KC. I'm guessing none.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    I'd like to interrupt this brag thread for a serious question and anyone is allowed to weigh in with their guesses.

Which of these two, jsearles(bigfoot)22 or Todd(two plates)Witteles, consumed more food and beverage at their respective games. My guess is bigfoot because of potential tailgating and liquor consumption but it's gonna be a close.

Also, for bigfoot, how many cop roadblocks are there after a game in KC. I'm guessing none.
    I don't know enough about jsearles to say for sure but I cannot imagine Druff opening up the Jew wallet too much for lousy and expensive ballpark food/drink. If Dodger stadium is anything like Fenway Park they have horrible food at outrageous prices. The pizza at Fenway, fwiw, might be the worst pizza I've ever had. And its $7 a slice. I once went to a game at Fenway where Pedro struck out 17 and gave up one run in a complete game loss. It wasn't close to that game in KC Sunday. Happy for jsearles to have been able to see it live. Even on tv you could tell Arrowhead was full pandemonium and everyone there knew that they had just witnessed an all-time classic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

I don't know enough about jsearles to say for sure but I cannot imagine Druff opening up the Jew wallet too much for lousy and expensive ballpark food/drink. If Dodger stadium is anything like Fenway Park they have horrible food at outrageous prices. The pizza at Fenway, fwiw, might be the worst pizza I've ever had. And its $7 a slice. I once went to a game at Fenway where Pedro struck out 17 and gave up one run in a complete game loss. It wasn't close to that game in KC Sunday. Happy for jsearles to have been able to see it live. Even on tv you could tell Arrowhead was full pandemonium and everyone there knew that they had just witnessed an all-time classic.
    Way to sneak in a brag post answer. Clues to original question, bigfoot and Druff eating at the Commerce video.

Also Oilers with Gretzky, Messier and Kurri against a bum Canucks team. 43-1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

DRUFF LOVES HIMSELF A DODGER DOG

Load Metric
    Portland is the worst city I've ever lived in, but Damian Lillard has provided some of the best games I've ever been to (until this year). This was the best:

I haven't been to a relevant college game in more than a decade but watched loads of ACC basketball growing up in North Carolina. Usually then-hometown Wake Forest who played 5 minutes from my house and almost always were a notch below Duke and UNC during that era. Games at both Cameron Indoor and the Dean Dome were always the best, this probably topped them all:

Not anywhere near the best, but the most memorable. Word around me at the time was that Bartman was a child.

The actual answer, but I was 6 and my memory is pretty blank. You know it's memorable if the whole game is up:

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Silver
    Load Metric
    2nd leg of the 2003 MLS Cup playoff between LA Galaxy and SJ Earthquakes.

Quakes lost the first game 0-2, and were losing 2-0 in game 2, then scored 5 unanswered goals to take the win.

Crazy night.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Lakers vs Trailblazers June 4, 2000

This was the Western Conference Finals. The Lakers were up 3 games to 1. Portland then won two in a row to force a game seven. The Lakers played like shit most of the game. They were down by 15 with about 10 minutes to play. The entire arena was on its feet virtually the entire 4th quarter. The Lakers stormed back and won by 5. They went on to win their first of 3 consecutive championships.

Comments

Elmo: Great game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

This was the Western Conference Finals. The Lakers were up 3 games to 1. Portland then won two in a row to force a game seven. The Lakers played like shit most of the game. They were down by 15 with about 10 minutes to play. The entire arena was on its feet virtually the entire 4th quarter. The Lakers stormed back and won by 5. They went on to win their first of 3 consecutive championships.

Lakers-Kings WCF 2002 has all of the notoriety for being fixed, but this one is also really sketchy.

Bucks-Sixers ECF 2001 is the worst.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    The day Bill Parcells was announced as the new HC of the NE Patriots (random day in 93), I spur-of-the-moment purchased 2 season tix. There was no waiting list back then. Within a few seasons I was able to pick up a third ticket. I controlled those seats for 18 seasons, and attended every Patriots home game during that run, regular season and playoff.

Most memorable is easy, twas the Snow Bowl, aka the Tuck Rule game.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Nice

Crowe Diddly: third ticket

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    The day Bill Parcells was announced as the new HC of the NE Patriots (random day in 93), I spur-of-the-moment purchased 2 season tix. There was no waiting list back then. Within a few seasons I was able to pick up a third ticket. I controlled those seats for 18 seasons, and attended every Patriots home game during that run, regular season and playoff.

Most memorable is easy, twas the Snow Bowl, aka the Tuck Rule game.
    Epic, and you were there? I have only heard of the beginning for Brady. Those NFL film highlights were special (that voice), kind of like listening to Cosell wrap up Sunday's play on Monday Night Football

Comments

Kuntmissioner: I was there indeed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post

I was at this game too. Sorry Blazer fans, zero sketchiness. When the Lakers were down by 15 in the 4th Quarter I remember my heart sinking. The comeback was with about 7 - 8 minutes left, and especially that Kobe to Shaq lob was unbelievable.

This was before 9/11 so there was no where near the security they have nowadays, and the one memory I have to this day is the way the crowd from the upper deck started filling up the stairs down to the floor in the section where my seats are located, so that by the end of the game we were all packed in tight together, standing and screaming (can see it at the end of the game around the Lakers bench). Was literally high fiving anyone and everyone.

[In loving memory of the great Kobe Bryant, who passed 2 years ago today].
    Last edited by JoeD; 01-26-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Load Metric
    So, I ended up with the kunt's third ticket in 2002 for the duration of the run, and there were so many incredible games in that stretch, it's hard to pick a best, or a favorite. So many games with snow all over the place, all those Pats-Colts games, close to zero degrees against the Titans, blowouts and comebacks, almost always wins, an incredibly charmed run. If I never went to another football game ever again, I would have a lifetime of memories of seeing the greatest team ever during the most dominant run of any modern team, ever.

I've been to only one Patriots game since then, a late call from a friend for a playoff game against the Ravens. It didn't start too great, but then things got settled later, Brady got on track, the defense hung tough, Edelman threw a 50 yard TD, the Patritos came back from 2 touchdowns, then they came back from 2 touchdowns, then they came back from a field goal, and won. It was quite a deal. For extra personal stuff, we were also in our friend's recently deceased brother's seats, who we used to see at games all the time, as well as known our entire lives. Pretty sure there were tears.

I've never hugged so many randoms at a game before. Huggiest section I've ever been in.

Comments

country978: the story of your last game was great! ty for sharing
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 01-26-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Load Metric
    One of my clearest memories during the BRADY/MOSS Era happened in December 09 at home vs JAX. The first appearance of Mask Man and Randy's interactions with him. I'd never heard a stadium laugh as a group before but Mask Man accomplished that feat. The stadium camera crew put him on the big screen after a Moss TD.

(Video blocked from embedding by NFL but worth a look for the laugh. Click watch on YouTube .)

Comments

country978: hilarious!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    So, I ended up with the kunt's third ticket in 2002 for the duration of the run, and there were so many incredible games in that stretch, it's hard to pick a best, or a favorite. So many games with snow all over the place, all those Pats-Colts games, close to zero degrees against the Titans, blowouts and comebacks, almost always wins, an incredibly charmed run. If I never went to another football game ever again, I would have a lifetime of memories of seeing the greatest team ever during the most dominant run of any modern team, ever.

I've been to only one Patriots game since then, a late call from a friend for a playoff game against the Ravens. It didn't start too great, but then things got settled later, Brady got on track, the defense hung tough, Edelman threw a 50 yard TD, the Patritos came back from 2 touchdowns, then they came back from 2 touchdowns, then they came back from a field goal, and won. It was quite a deal. For extra personal stuff, we were also in our friend's recently deceased brother's seats, who we used to see at games all the time, as well as known our entire lives. Pretty sure there were tears.

I've never hugged so many randoms at a game before. Huggiest section I've ever been in.

I really enjoyed these stories Kunt and Crowe. I've been a Pats fan all my life too and remember before Parcells came you couldn't even get the home games on tv because they couldn't sell out Shaeffer or Sullivan Stadium.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Oh we have stories. I've forgotten more than I remember but ill try to post more Foxboro experiences

Thread Information