Thread: Cat Make-out Sessions

Load Metric

Cat Make-out Sessions

Many of you know I "rescued" a kitten recently from a local shelter - his name is George Clooney ("Cloo" for short). (I put "rescue" in quotes because it's more like they rescue YOU, by bringing so much love and entertainment into your life.)

So I have had a cat in the past that was very cuddly and liked to come lie on my chest and push his little head against my face while purring and kneading - very sweet and therapeutic when you are feeling down. But Cloo does something I've never seen a cat do before.

He comes up, lies down on your chest, starts purring loudly, and begins to make out with you. He licks your lips zealously while kneading against your chin and neck. He licks so hard that he forces his little tongue between your lips at times, licking the inside of your lips and your teeth! He will do this for a long time and eventually fall asleep on you with his little head nestled against your neck.

As cute and awesome as this is, it has a couple of major drawbacks. For one thing, his tongue is the most abrasive grade of sandpaper I have ever known a cat to possess. It hurts SO damn bad, and leaves my lips abraded! For another, his claws kneading against my face and neck hurt like hell! (I have managed to alleviate the pain of the kneading by clipping just the very top of his claws with a nail-clipper - from the point of the curve. He doesn't mind this at all, but the sharp tips seem to grow back - or become re-sharpened - VERY fast.) The last problem is his breath. WTF are they feeding this cat? His breath smells like rotting meat and poop sometimes!

Despite these issues, I love my critters so much that I find myself accommodating their odd cuddle-behaviors, including these love fests that hurt my lips. Working on finding a natural breath freshener for the little guy.

Anyone else make out with their beasts?

Here's my little Clooney:

´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    My Cat, Chyna Cat Sunflower, loved to do that to me as well. She would climb on my chest, do this thing with her paws where she would stretch each one forward, individually, extending her claws and kind of dug in lightly to my shoulder blade, and then put her nose on my lips like she was trying to steal my breath, then eventually would lick my lips once or twice.

My parents have had that cat since I found her in college. She turned 24 this year. No clue how she is still kicking. She is very slow now, but will still go outside and try to chase a bird.

Load Metric
    Cloo's make-out sessions are very vigorous - it's not one or two licks, but steady, voracious smooching till he falls asleep. Your Chyna's technique sounds much more romantic. LOL.

Cloo is also an avid hunter. He has access to the back yard through the doggie door, and is out there daily catching bugs... and then bringing them into the house to play with. Sometimes he eats them... sometimes he leaves them in the house for me to deal with. This can be very upsetting if they are large and/or disgusting. (I HATE bugs!!!)

Twice now I have come home after work to find a lovely surprise in the TV room on the carpet. Once it was a dead bird - there were feathers all OVER the house, so clearly the struggle took place indoors. The second time it was a dead mouse. The mouse was still intact and there was no blood anywhere - makes me wonder how he killed it.

Load Metric
    Chyna is more of a laid back cat. We had two black cats that were bad-asses but both lost battles to car tires, since we lived on a busy street.

We had a cat, Midnight, that used to smack around our neighbors dogs. A collie and a dachshund. The day he picked on the doberman, he was lucky to be alive. The dog chased his ass down the block, picked him up around the scruff of the neck and tossed him 10 feet hard into a garage door.

He would catch and kill a bird, bit the head off of it, eat the head, THEN eat the body, then a few minutes later, puke up the HEAD. No clue how it switched around in his gut.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    My Cat, Chyna Cat Sunflower, loved to do that to me as well. She would climb on my chest, do this thing with her paws where she would stretch each one forward, individually, extending her claws and kind of dug in lightly to my shoulder blade, and then put her nose on my lips like she was trying to steal my breath, then eventually would lick my lips once or twice.

My parents have had that cat since I found her in college. She turned 24 this year. No clue how she is still kicking. She is very slow now, but will still go outside and try to chase a bird.
    That's the second-oldest cat I've ever heard of, by one year. 24 is amazing.

Load Metric
    Chyna is more of a laid back cat. We had two black cats that were bad-asses but both lost battles to car tires, since we lived on a busy street.

We had a cat, Midnight, that used to smack around our neighbors dogs. A collie and a dachshund. The day he picked on the doberman, he was lucky to be alive. The dog chased his ass down the block, picked him up around the scruff of the neck and tossed him 10 feet hard into a garage door.

He would catch and kill a bird, bit the head off of it, eat the head, THEN eat the body, then a few minutes later, puke up the HEAD. No clue how it switched around in his gut.
    LOL sfgross.

You kind of get used to the murder and torture of small critters when you have a cat that likes to hunt... but I have to admit I don't like that part.

Is it true that if a cat gets stung by a scorpion, it doesn't affect them?

Load Metric
    someone told me 28 is around the record for oldest cat.

I have photos of me holding the cat in the palm of my hand when I was I think a senior in HS.

Load Metric
    I have 5 cats and they all clean each others asses with their tongues so thats why it smells like shit.

Load Metric

This is why my cats arent allowed outside, and we have a fenced in yard. Not taking any chances they dont make it home we would be crushed. My dogs on the other hand are encouraged to play in traffic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    My dogs on the other hand are encouraged to play in traffic.
    Whaa??

Last edited by Vwls; 09-09-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Load Metric
    I have 5 cats and they all clean each others asses with their tongues so that's why it smells like shit.
    LOL... none of the other animals will let George Clooney lick their asses - trust me - he would if they'd allow it. I've watched him "wash" himself and he's fairly lackadaisical about it - he never gets near the butt hole. It's got to be what he's eating.

BTW I did a little research and it turns out Trader Joe's cat food is second on the all time list of best cat foods for nutrition and overall good ingredients (as rated by top veterinarians and and cat experts). Another bonus - it's cheap!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    My dogs on the other hand are encouraged to play in traffic.
    Whaa??

Really a bad joke since my blind maltipoo with Diabetes got hit by a car, but she wont die. Shes all jacked up but she still barks at every noise and shits in the house

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post

Anyone else make out with their beasts?

Load Metric

Arrow

for the record, that is NOT MY ginger chest.

Load Metric
    for the record, that is NOT MY ginger chest.
    Nor mine, but I'm not a ginger.

That is the Kuntmissioner's exposed breast. He also is inflicted with ginger-itis.

Thread Information