Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Time To Go On A Cruise?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Envelopes are gone on Norwegian since I started cruising them in 2013, and I didn't see them on my last Princess Cruise (2011), either.

Which line was this?
    Royal Caribbean. I had to look at the first page of this thread to remind myself. A fairly unremarkable vacation. I would have to ask my wife which boat. It was nearly brand new - Allure of the Seas, I think

I literally disembarked days before before Covid broke out.

It appeared from the article this final envelope is still usual.

I have done Norwegian too but like you, it was some time ago.

Curious why you quit cruises.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-05-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Envelopes are gone on Norwegian since I started cruising them in 2013, and I didn't see them on my last Princess Cruise (2011), either.

Which line was this?
    Royal Caribbean. I had to look at the first page of this thread to remind myself. A fairly unremarkable vacation. I would have to ask my wife which boat. It was nearly brand new - Allure of the Seas, I think

I literally disembarked days before before Covid broke out.

It appeared from the article this final envelope is still usual.

I have done Norwegian too but like you, it was some time ago.

Curious why you quit cruises.
    My last cruise was booked for late 2018. Then I came down with those severe anxiety/depression issues and there was no way I could get on a plane. I cancelled it, and fortunately was still barely within the window to do so without penalty, and I hadn't booked flights yet.

Then in 2019 I was well enough to go again, but my highly discounted cruises through Caesars ended, due to no longer being a Seven Stars member. Now, this didn't have to stop me. Not only could I afford to just pay for the cruise myself, but I also had learned their booking system better than just about anyone, and I knew exactly how to get the lowest price on most itineraries. In fact, I would do this to get a second room on the cruises I'd take, so everyone would have more room to stretch out or nap during the day. But I just didn't quite get motivated enough to do it.

Then I planned to cruise in 2020, but hadn't booked anything. You know what happened then.

Now there's this obnoxious policy in place where they hold you like a prisoner if you get COVID, and I'm just not down with that. I am hearing they do random testing or whatever. Once that ends, and you only self-report your COVID, I'd be more willing to go, because then I could just not report it and do my own version of staying away from people without being an absolute prisoner in a tiny stateroom. Kinda like how I handled it during WSOP. But as long as the COIVD police are testing and confining, I just don't want to go.

When this practice is fully over, I will return to cruising.

Load Metric
    Been on 3 cruises in the last 3 months - be on 2 more over the next 11 weeks.

You guys are way to scared at this point

Comments

Tellafriend: exacrty

Thread Information