Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFA snubbed again at GPI Awards, confirms site's 8th tier status

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PFA snubbed again at GPI Awards, confirms site's 8th tier status

https://www.globalpokerindex.com/awa...-poker-awards/

Best Podcast Nominees:

Poker in the Ears (James Hartigan, Joseph Stapleton for PokerStars)

The Chip Race Poker Podcast (David Lappin, Dara O’Kearney for Unibet Poker)

The Doug Polk Podcast (Doug Polk)

The Heart of Poker (Kara Scott)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It does make me feel better that DAT Poker Podcast also got snubbed (again). If Negreanu can't get nominated, do we really have a chance? At least we are in good snub company.

I do find it irritating that Doug Polk's show is considered a "podcast". It really isn't. It's a YouTube show. It should be competing in a different category. There should be both "Best Poker Podcast" and "Best Poker YouTube Show", or something like that.

No issue with The Chip Race Podcast being nominated, as it's quite popular. And I suppose it's fine to nominate the new Pokerstars one with Joe Stapleton, given its reach.

However, I've never heard of this podcast with Kara Scott. Has anyone? Just because Kara is a known name doesn't mean that her podcast should be nominated as "best".

Do any of these shows run 8 hours and feature a weekly cash freeroll? Do any of them have co-hosts which literally fall asleep on the air? Do any of them have hosts who continue doing the live show while having a 102 degree fever and severe chills? I think not.

It was confirmed to me, however, that we were considered for nomination. According to Eric Danis at GPI, Kevmath "makes sure PFA is on the list to consider". So at least we have that. Thank you, Kevmath.

Load Metric
    PFA RADIO IS GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kara Scott? WTF?
    If she's in you're gonna have to play the minority card at some point.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It does make me feel better that DAT Poker Podcast also got snubbed (again). If Negreanu can't get nominated, do we really have a chance? At least we are in good snub company.

I do find it irritating that Doug Polk's show is considered a "podcast". It really isn't. It's a YouTube show. It should be competing in a different category. There should be both "Best Poker Podcast" and "Best Poker YouTube Show", or something like that.

No issue with The Chip Race Podcast being nominated, as it's quite popular. And I suppose it's fine to nominate the new Pokerstars one with Joe Stapleton, given its reach.

However, I've never heard of this podcast with Kara Scott. Has anyone? Just because Kara is a known name doesn't mean that her podcast should be nominated as "best".

Do any of these shows run 8 hours and feature a weekly cash freeroll? Do any of them have co-hosts which literally fall asleep on the air? Do any of them have hosts who continue doing the live show while having a 102 degree fever and severe chills? I think not.

It was confirmed to me, however, that we were considered for nomination. According to Eric Danis at GPI, Kevmath "makes sure PFA is on the list to consider". So at least we have that. Thank you, Kevmath.
    Lets be honest, yours isn't a podcast either. You correctly don't advertise it like it is either, so not sure why you would think you would be up for it.

A 6-8 hour rambling show is late-night radio.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    An internet radio show available in archive format is a podcast, which is available to subscribers as it's dropped, is a podcast.

The actual definition of a podcast is:

A digital audio file made available on the internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
    The only argument against an archived audio show being a podcast would be one which has no structure, such as a few dudes just sitting on the mic talking about things. However, that doesn't describe PFA Radio, which has an agenda and generally sticks to it.

The main reason I don't list it as a podcast is because it's live, and I prefer to have it thought of as a live internet radio show than a podcast. However, it's definitely also a podcast.

However, notice that the definition states it's a "digital audio file" -- which Doug's isn't. His is a video. I agree Doug's show is popular and should be up for some kind of award, but not "best podcast".

Load Metric
    Druff doesn't kiss ass enough to be associated with the main poker media.

They will refuse to acknowledge Druff's website existence.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Druff doesn't kiss ass enough to be associated with the main poker media.

They will refuse to acknowledge Druff's website existence.

Druff is a republican. There is no way a republican is winning an award for very much in '22. On far too many subjects he is dissenting from the approved narrative and this simply cannot be tolerated and so PFA is not worthy of recognition.

Load Metric
    Stormfront likely faces similar issues when it comes to recognition.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    An internet radio show available in archive format is a podcast, which is available to subscribers as it's dropped, is a podcast.

The actual definition of a podcast is:

A digital audio file made available on the internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
    The only argument against an archived audio show being a podcast would be one which has no structure, such as a few dudes just sitting on the mic talking about things. However, that doesn't describe PFA Radio, which has an agenda and generally sticks to it.

The main reason I don't list it as a podcast is because it's live, and I prefer to have it thought of as a live internet radio show than a podcast. However, it's definitely also a podcast.

However, notice that the definition states it's a "digital audio file" -- which Doug's isn't. His is a video. I agree Doug's show is popular and should be up for some kind of award, but not "best podcast".
    I mean.... https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1575599439

Load Metric
    Please forgive Druff he's a bit older and doesn't realize that most "podcasts" are now in video format for YouTube in parallel with the audio only version.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Please forgive Druff he's a bit older and doesn't realize that most "podcasts" are now in video format for YouTube in parallel with the audio only version.
    I prefer the audio only most times. I listen more carefully. I don’t want to look at most of these people anyway.

Rogan is an the extreme case of a distracting appearance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I prefer the audio only most times. I listen more carefully. I don’t want to look at most of these people anyway.

I still find it quite awkward when kids are Facetiming and call in the parents so they can discuss permission/whatever while still on Facetime.

No I don't want to see your friend's parent over video. Okay I lied maybe some of them I do, but let's not go there it will just lead to trouble.

Load Metric

I still find it quite awkward when kids are Facetiming and call in the parents so they can discuss permission/whatever while still on Facetime.

No I don't want to see your friend's parent over video. Okay I lied maybe some of them I do, but let's not go there it will just lead to trouble.
    Strict no FaceTime and no Zoom policy

Load Metric
    This actually is a huge reason. Nobody just sits around and listens to audio files anymore on their computer. Pfa was so far ahead of the curve but never invested in a proper team. I mean it’s a poker podcast that has no way to visually analyze hands. All the top podcasts and commentators have their own production teams and video editors. Even the lazy guys like leafy have some random video game clips playing in the background while they discuss some issue.

honestly think jewdonk could have been huge had he chosen to do video instead of blog talk radio crap.

It doesnt matter how good pfa radio is it’s ten years behind technology wise. It’s like trying to make a text based video game In today’s era.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    This actually is a huge reason. Nobody just sits around and listens to audio files anymore on their computer. Pfa was so far ahead of the curve but never invested in a proper team. I mean it’s a poker podcast that has no way to visually analyze hands. All the top podcasts and commentators have their own production teams and video editors. Even the lazy guys like leafy have some random video game clips playing in the background while they discuss some issue.

honestly think jewdonk could have been huge had he chosen to do video instead of blog talk radio crap.

It doesnt matter how good pfa radio is it’s ten years behind technology wise. It’s like trying to make a text based video game In today’s era.
    I’m more likely to follow if I don’t have to sit staring at the screen. In what universe would anyone watch Druff for 8 hours?

That is a huge appeal for summer baseball btw. On in the background.

Load Metric
    Where was Chicago Joey? Isn’t he popular?

Classic example of a guy I cannot look at

Load Metric
    Your should write your congressman ... or congresswoman if they transitioned.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

I’m more likely to follow if I don’t have to sit staring at the screen. In what universe would anyone watch Druff for 8 hours?

That is a huge appeal for summer baseball btw. On in the background.
    I know some people like 8 hour PFA radio shows, but I would much prefer a 2 hour version.

Load Metric
    Where was Chicago Joey? Isn’t he popular?

Classic example of a guy I cannot look at
    Joey has been off the online grid since this Tom Dwan interview was posted in August. He showed up in Andrew Neeme’s holiday Vlog walking the streets in Vegas, so he is still in one piece. He is popular, but obviously made a choice to step out of the public eye. Seems like a genuinely nice dude, hope he is doing well.

Thread Information