Thread: Betallsports and TheRx Forum

Silver
    Load Metric

Betallsports and TheRx Forum

The head moderator there(betallsports or simply called BAS). Steals 30k of contest funds from posters. Is still a head mod there and makes sure to delete any threads pertaining to the subject.

https://www.therx.com/threads/1194029/

Silver
    Load Metric
    and they delete that thread also. Hilarious.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Found the post that management deleted from their site in order to sweep what their head mod is doing under the rug.

Betallsports aka BAS at theRXForum is a STIFF
    As you may or may not know, I was a Moderator ‘Defying’ @ theRXforum aka theRX years ago for a handful of years. BAS is/was the head moderator of the forum at the time so the title of my boss isn’t that far off. I built a decent relationship with him during my time there. I found him to be a genuine and standup guy. I wrongly judged him to be one of the good ones.

I’m not creating this post to create drama. Everything is factual. I have no reason to lie as I’ve left these communities years ago. However, I feel compelled to share the information as he continues to be involved at the forum and in the community.

One of my favorite things about these forums throughout my time is the contests offered there. It provides unique gambling style contests, either forum or poster ran. TheRX had one of the biggest and best. It’s a structure like the now Circa and Westgate Contest where you pick 5 NFL games against the spread each week and the person with the most points wins. TheRX was able to generate $30,000+ prize pools for these contests. It made it very appealing and fun. A huge draw for theRX forum itself.

In 2018(?), the winners of the contest were claiming on the forum that they were not being paid by BAS who held the funds. BAS who recently had a stroke claimed he could not access the money because it was in a safety deposit box far from where he was receiving care and he was currently immobile and that it was only in his name so no one else could access it. This delay was quickly creating distrust on the online community that I loved and worked at for years. The heat was getting turned up on him and the forum publicly so I stepped in.

BAS, if you know him, then you know what I’m saying, but he is a very proud guy. He greatly cares about his reputation. In a convo with BAS, he assured me he has the money but simply couldn’t access it and would be able to very soon. So, I offered to pay out the winners and he would simply repay the money to me once he was healthy enough to access it.

I paid the money out of my own pocket. My bitcoin investment (which now would be worth 6 figures), plus with cash I had on hand. I paid every winner, every dollar they were owed. Approx $30,000. I have exact amounts and who received what to this day.

As time goes on and I’m getting a ton of excuses from BAS about his health and why he can’t pay yet. I did receive two separate $1,000 payments over the next 6 months, leaving a negative balance of roughly $28,000. BAS’ story over time becomes more erratic and more unbelievable with each deadline that passes. Sometimes these deadlines are ones he sets himself regarding the lie he is currently telling. At times, he completely abandons the lie that the money exists in the safe and goes to on to others on how he will get the money, like he’s selling his condo in FL or he’s selling his business. Then suddenly back to the money is in the safe, to dozens of lies and stories.

As you probably have gathered, I have not received another penny in years. I notified SBR forum, who owned theRX forum at that time. I notified the current owners of theRX forum. No one seems to care that I stepped up for the forum. BAS simply cannot pay nor has made any effort to make even the smallest payments. He simply is a broke stiff, stiffing the only person that stepped up for him.

For those that question why I would do this, that’s a great question. Even one of my closest forum friends who knew about it in real-time, questioned me. At the time, I thought I was being the most noble human I could be, something I continually strive to be.

Here I was to be fortunate enough to be in a position to help an old man out, who done right by me in the past. One that I believed was fighting for his life and didn’t need all the negative energy of an internet forum while he fought a life and death battle. All it would cost me was the couple hours it took to pay out the people. It would also help the people of the forum that I once LOVED, it was my internet home. If you ever had a true internet home, maybe that will make sense to you. It wasn’t just a random internet place to me. Plus, I wanted the players (the contest winners) to be paid, as they truly won a difficult contest, and we’re losing all hope they would be paid. They were angry and hurt. I thought this act of service would be easy enough, and help a ton of people.

BAS himself will not deny these allegations as he knows I have years of text messages and emails to prove otherwise. Furthermore, the winner themselves were paid directly by me. I was naïve to do such a thing, but this is my story regardless. That $30,000 would go a long way in improving my life right now and it’s a shame that trying to do a selfless good deed ends up impacting my future negatively. But I suppose, no good deed goes unpunished.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Interesting seeing all this. Who was it that posted these details?

I’ve not been on Rx for a long time myself. I was active many years back when The Shrink still owned it. Lost interest in it when the regime after his crew took over. I moved over to EOG then and eventually SBR. I was a mod and writer on both of those sites for a few years.

Heard Rx was taken over by SBR a while ago and now I guess may have new owners/management again?

As for outing stiffs, the forums are always good for that. When I was a mod, it was pretty easy to get credit from others and I had a couple of agents at different times (Shrink himself at one point was one).

I do miss a lot of the old times when stiffs would get outed and a lot would be discussed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadSports View Post

I’ve not been on Rx for a long time myself. I was active many years back when The Shrink still owned it. Lost interest in it when the regime after his crew took over. I moved over to EOG then and eventually SBR. I was a mod and writer on both of those sites for a few years.

Heard Rx was taken over by SBR a while ago and now I guess may have new owners/management again?

As for outing stiffs, the forums are always good for that. When I was a mod, it was pretty easy to get credit from others and I had a couple of agents at different times (Shrink himself at one point was one).

I do miss a lot of the old times when stiffs would get outed and a lot would be discussed.
    Defying. Who back in the day was also a mod at TheRx.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by crudebar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadSports View Post

Defying. Who back in the day was also a mod at TheRx.
    Ok I didn’t know them. Hope more can get resolved from this.

Load Metric
    I wonder what the plan was for BAS if he didn’t have this guy bail him out. It is much easier to just screw over one guy in private, than a bunch of contest winners constantly complaining on a public forum. If BAS had this guy in mind to bail him out from the start or if it was just a fortuitous occurrence? The pressure must of been great and was essentially totally alleviated by the “loan”. The fact this was kept quiet for 3+ years while this guy was continuing to moderate on the site is pretty absurd.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I wonder what the plan was for BAS if he didn’t have this guy bail him out. It is much easier to just screw over one guy in private, than a bunch of contest winners constantly complaining on a public forum. If BAS had this guy in mind to bail him out from the start or if it was just a fortuitous occurrence? The pressure must of been great and was essentially totally alleviated by the “loan”. The fact this was kept quiet for 3+ years while this guy was continuing to moderate on the site is pretty absurd.
    Pretty sure the plan was just to disappear.(perhaps have someone on the forum report that he died) That is what happened at first, his whereabouts unknown for months, then another mod chimed in that it was health problems. Then more silence, then it was a stroke.

I went at him pretty hard that this was either fabricated or this illness happened after he already had lost the money. I had always heard he would take the contest funds and either straight up gambled them or put them in somewhat risky short term investments to make quick profit. One of these seemed to eventually go south.

He then came back once all the funds were paid. Came at me hard about what a loser i was to ever doubt him. We then had another small dust up later and he banned me.

Now obviously he did what i originally thought.

edit: the hilarious part recently, is that he was deleting any posts about this. BAS even made a post himself stating "this is a private matter and didn't happen on the forums anything written about this further will be spam and you will be banned"...after a few days of this and posters not letting it go BAS finally stopped deleting and stopped posting. Communist China anyone?
    Last edited by crudebar; 01-21-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Load Metric
    I feel bad for the guy that covered all 30k worth of bets, but man how do you trust someone on the internet to pay you back 30k?

Even if there are others than can vouch for the person, you never know what kind of situations will come up. I think BAS is making excuses not to pay but certain health events could actually happen. What is the dude dies and his wife knows nothing about the money belonging to an online forum member? I know these are very slim chances of occurring but 30k is a nice little chunk of cash.

Maybe the guy thought he could use the money for something else and have it back in time to pay the forum members, but for some reason lost the cash?

Maybe bought Bitcoin on margin or something, it’s hard to say.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    I feel bad for the guy that covered all 30k worth of bets, but man how do you trust someone on the internet to pay you back 30k?

Even if there are others than can vouch for the person, you never know what kind of situations will come up. I think BAS is making excuses not to pay but certain health events could actually happen. What is the dude dies and his wife knows nothing about the money belonging to an online forum member? I know these are very slim chances of occurring but 30k is a nice little chunk of cash.

Maybe the guy thought he could use the money for something else and have it back in time to pay the forum members, but for some reason lost the cash?

Maybe bought Bitcoin on margin or something, it’s hard to say.
    You are so corrected with so many circumstances that could have arisen where even if BAS had the money and wanted to pay that outside circumstances could have arisen where the poster still ended up empty handed.

For BAS. I would have given the health concerns and expenses more thought if he had made a 30k bet and lost and now because of these unforeseen circumstances have hampered his ability to pay. But BAS didn't lose 30k. It was funds handed to him that he never should have touched. He has no right to gamble other peoples money.

I also have a problem with him because he use to brag about his fancy vegas trips and how they were all comped because he was such a high roller; his multiple homes and now he wants us to believe he had 0 health insurance and is broke over medical bills. I mean the guy is in his 60s and smoked like a chimney. A stroke wasn't so far off in the blue.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Wasn't that BAS guy a moderator for like 10+ years? WTF

Also you guys may remember Nasa Sports or Betonsports.com - got indicted and stiffed for about 50 million in deposits and never paid...

I hear they are reincarnated as Mybookie.ag which advertises everywhere. Unreal

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Wasn't that BAS guy a moderator for like 10+ years? WTF

Also you guys may remember Nasa Sports or Betonsports.com - got indicted and stiffed for about 50 million in deposits and never paid...

I hear they are reincarnated as Mybookie.ag which advertises everywhere. Unreal
    15+ years as a mod. Stole 30k of contest money and the forum tries their best to delete any threads that come up about it. The other mod(Hacheman) doesn't want to talk about it because BAS is his friend. LOL

The mod wants you to believe he had a stroke and this bankrupted him. Even though the guy for years bragged how rich he was with multiple homes and fancy vacations. Yet now he wants you to believe he had 0 health insurance. Having a stroke is obviously serious, but BAS is in his 60s and a heavy smoker, this stuff happens to millions of americans and shouldn't bankrupt; at the very lest, a high middle class guy.

My take has been he long gambled away the contest funds(either through straight up gambling or bad short term investments). He then had a stroke and thought he had the perfect sob story to not pay people. It hasn't flown on the forum as well as he had hoped. He has now disappeared from posting. But still listed on the site as a mod.

I could at lest given the guy's story some credence if he had made a 30k bet and lost and now because of medical bills he is having a hard time paying the bet. But this was just money he was holding. To go ahead and help yourself to other people's funds is just about unforgivable.

and yes. you are dead on for the mybookie.ag thing. TheRX even advertised for them under betonsports.com and mybookie.ag before the new ownership came in and removed all the offshore books.

Silver
    Load Metric
    He was finally removed as a mod.

Thread Information