Thread: NFT Fraud Alert: Controversial influencer "Beanie" accused of lots of scamming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NFT Fraud Alert: Controversial influencer "Beanie" accused of lots of scamming

Here's an article explaining everything: https://nftevening.com/beanie-expose...g-allegations/

Here is a long-ass Twitter thread exposing Beanie's real identity, and making various scamming allegations against him:

https://twitter.com/NFTethics/status/1483051289022017538

Here is Beanie's Twitter: https://twitter.com/beaniemaxi

Here's a tweet showing that Beanie's "resignation" from a company over the scandal was likely BS, and his replacement at the company is probably him: https://twitter.com/mbhdoteth/status/1483553303304622080

His real name is Charles Moscoe. Here's a picture of him:

Beanie is also accused of pretending to be a female NFT influencer, which has led to a lot of people posting a bad picture of him and laughing about how ugly the "girl" ended up being.

I haven't looked into this too deeply, but it looks pretty bad for him.

The NFT space just blew up about a year ago, and the very nature of it has attracted a lot of scammers. Unlike poker, which has dealt with scammers for decades, the NFT space has a lot of people who aren't used to seeing/dealing with such things, and thus nobody quite knows how to handle someone like Beanie.

It doesn't help that the crypto space prides itself upon pseudo anonymity, so doxxing is taken very seriously -- much moreso than in poker, where it's not considered a huge deal to connect an online poker player to their real name. As you'll see in that long thread I posted above, there's a lot of justification given at the beginning for why Beanie's identity was being outed.

Load Metric
    Only about 5% of NFT sales were from women.

Load Metric
    This is so true I think also, NFT participants seem to be naïve to the fact that. Scammers can be and are everywhere and this new now starting to burgeon NFT space is a real scammers wet dream, this early and actually how naïve some really are. To the real threat online scamming actually is and them discord DMs shut them off people distribute too much dirt via bad links on them Discord DMs anyway yeah for sure, these ones are young too probably Millennial's too and so with that you already know, they know Technology and computers inside out I'd think.

so yeah, they are here too and trying to scam, and being so early for sure.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Thought this was gonna be about beanie from online poker back in the day heh.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I've been following him for the last 8 months. I think his background is offshore gambling.

He's had a ton of influence in the NFT space (until now). I made a lot of money by getting in early in some of the projects he was shilling. Not exactly sure what the outright scams were but there are plenty of other influencers in this space and others (social media influencers) who do shady tactics to make big bags. My biggest turn off to Beanie was due to this Wolf Game project, which he said he was an investor in. He seems to have inside knowledge of mechanics of the game while also holding a lot of the NFTs. I sold those and never touched his projects again.

Load Metric
    IS it me or am i missing something as to why this isnt in the scams scandels and shadiness subforum??

Thread Information