Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *********OFFICIAL ITS N.F.L. SUNDAY THREAD***************

Bronze
    Load Metric

*********OFFICIAL ITS N.F.L. SUNDAY THREAD***************

its finally here! the adult males christmas, N.F.L. SUNDAY opening season!!!! ill have the bigscreen going and a game on both the putr screens(along with a myriad of fantasy screens in small boxes down below)

good luck to everyone(except weiss) in their fantasy leagues, survivor/33 pools and all of their wagers!

early thoughts and sleepers: i really really like detroit, in the nfc and cinncinati and my sleeper teams, i think both teams will make deep runs!converseley i dont think san fran, nor green bay or new engalnd pittsburgh will be nearly as good as last year..........

p.s. tony bags STAFFORD/JOHNSON OWN YOUR FACE!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badbilly32 View Post
    its finally here! the adult males christmas, N.F.L. SUNDAY opening season!!!! ill have the bigscreen going and a game on both the putr screens(along with a myriad of fantasy screens in small boxes down below)

good luck to everyone(except weiss) in their fantasy leagues, survivor/33 pools and all of their wagers!

early thoughts and sleepers: i really really like detroit, in the nfc and cinncinati and my sleeper teams, i think both teams will make deep runs!converseley i dont think san fran, nor green bay or new engalnd pittsburgh will be nearly as good as last year..........

Niners. Definitely Niners.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Mrs Bagadonuts? Very nice

Why do these hours leading up to kickoff seem to take forever?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    thoughts/predictions that probably won't happen:

KC, Denver, and Tennessee make the playoffs in the AFC, Pittsburgh and Houston do not.

Philly wins the NFC east, Giants miss the playoffs.

Chris Johnson leads the NFL in rushing yards.

Niners over GB in NFC champ
    Pats over Broncos in AFC Champ

Niners FTW.

Load Metric

Mrs. Bags is looking awfully risque on this first NFL SUNDay!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Mrs Bagadonuts? Very nice

Why do these hours leading up to kickoff seem to take forever?

BEcause we have to listen to the same twenty reporters talk about the same shit over and over and over.

I've heard analysis for each game at least three times already....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

Mrs. Bags is looking awfully risque on this first NFL SUNDay!!!!
    :splash

Load Metric
    Already off to a bad start.

Any brilliant observations/edits to this? Tell me now - still have time to change it!

´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    rg3 looks good so far.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    rg3 looks good so far.
    Skins flat out had New Orleans on their heels until that blocked punt gave NO back the points the lost on the fumble prior to the endzone/touchback.. We shall see but if I was Who Dat Id be very worried at halftime considering the Saints were pretty decent favorites today.

Load Metric
    Wish I had had the foresight to pick Wash.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Load Metric
    Is everybody happy with the replacement referees?

Tried to watch football sunday and all I saw was a bunch of refs calling penalty after penalty.

Seattle gets an extra time out.

Do these idiots not know the rules or can they not count?

Goodell needs to fix this right now.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Banned
    Load Metric

Tried to watch football sunday and all I saw was a bunch of refs calling penalty after penalty.

Confirmation bias. You probably wouldn't have noticed anything out of the ordinary if you didn't know they were replacements.

I only noticed some minor things in the games I watched. For the most part, the Houston/Miami game was very well officiated. A ref did refer to my team as "Texas", called a somewhat ticky tack personal foul against Miami, and I hear there was an extra timeout incident in Arizona. I've seen the regular refs do much much worse, and afaik there weren't any abnormally bad calls this weekend.

I'm a little biased as well because I want to see those striking refs get canned. I'm concerned that the replacements will do something outrageously bad, but that hasn't happened yet, so for now I see no cause for alarm.

Load Metric

I watched the KC vs ATL game and I thought the officials did an excellent job. There was only like 3 or 4 penalties called the entire game. I would rather they error on that side then calling 30!

The Seattle situation, I dont think they botched that. Since when is any injury a timeout under two minutes? It was a dead ball without the clock running, and it was a defensive player. How could they possibly be gaining an advantage by being hurt after an incomplete pass with the clock stopped and the offense in the huddle?

***Edit*** Apparently Im wrong. I disagree with this rule, but it is a rule I guess?:
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...urth-timeout/1
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Confirmation bias. You probably wouldn't have noticed anything out of the ordinary if you didn't know they were replacements.

I only noticed some minor things in the games I watched. For the most part, the Houston/Miami game was very well officiated. A ref did refer to my team as "Texas", called a somewhat ticky tack personal foul against Miami, and I hear there was an extra timeout incident in Arizona. I've seen the regular refs do much much worse, and afaik there weren't any abnormally bad calls this weekend.

I'm a little biased as well because I want to see those striking refs get canned. I'm concerned that the replacements will do something outrageously bad, but that hasn't happened yet, so for now I see no cause for alarm.

http://deadspin.com/5941958/here-are...es-from-sunday

I watched the MIN-Jax game and couldn't believe the call on Allen. There's a reason he is one of the best DE's in football, and was penalized because he made it look too easy. In the late games I paid most attention to sf-gb, and that game was horrendously officiated. The block in the back on the punting team (LOL) that deadspin listed, plus the no-call on gb's block in the back on Cobb's return for the TD took the cake.
    Last edited by gut; 09-10-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Load Metric
    I don't understand the general fan who thinks that second-rate officiating is ok. If the NFL trotted out scab-players last season everyone would have been in an uproar about the quality of play. Being a ref is just as hard of a job, and just like any job, the best of the best make the cut to do their trade at the highest level. To say that these people are easily replaced is ignorance at its highest level.

Out of curiosity SS, did you side with the owners as well during the lockout last year?
    Last edited by gut; 09-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Load Metric

The Seattle situation, I dont think they botched that. Since when is any injury a timeout under two minutes? It was a dead ball without the clock running, and it was a defensive player. How could they possibly be gaining an advantage by being hurt after an incomplete pass with the clock stopped and the offense in the huddle?

***Edit*** Apparently Im wrong. I disagree with this rule, but it is a rule I guess?:
    The rule's there because people used to fake injuries all the time to slow down a team marching down the field, usually no-huddle style. Whether the clock was moving or not when the guy went down is irrelevant. People don't just use time-outs to stop the clock, they do it for many reasons, like incorrect personnel on the field, general confusion, etc. What if the defense notices they have the wrong personnel when the offense is coming up to the line? You used to see dudes drop like they were shot to get the injury time-out. If an injury stops gameflow under 2 minutes, someone gets hit with a timeout. Since a ref can't really distinguish between a real and a faked injury, they all have to be treated the same way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

The rule's there because people used to fake injuries all the time to slow down a team marching down the field, usually no-huddle style. Whether the clock was moving or not when the guy went down is irrelevant. People don't just use time-outs to stop the clock, they do it for many reasons, like incorrect personnel on the field, general confusion, etc. What if the defense notices they have the wrong personnel when the offense is coming up to the line? You used to see dudes drop like they were shot to get the injury time-out. If an injury stops gameflow under 2 minutes, someone gets hit with a timeout. Since a ref can't really distinguish between a real and a faked injury, they all have to be treated the same way.
    I was about to say the same thing. Which team last season was "caught" blatantly doing the fake injury towards the end of the regular season? I want to say it was the Giants, but can't remember.

Thread Information