Thread: Fire Staley or run it back

Bronze
    Load Metric

Fire Staley or run it back

Of all my friends that were San Diego Charger fans, 1/3 stayed fans of the LA Chargers, 1/3 are big time haters and want Spanos hung and will never be fans again unless they are sold and move back, and 1/3 dgaf.
    I have great memories with my Dad having season tickets, which carried over to me and my son having many memories. The worst has to be the playoff game to the Jets(shoutout to Drexel saw you there) as big favorites or the Mcree fumble against the Pats in the AFC Championship game. So I'm still a fan sigh
    This loss was so bad because it was exactly the way they lose to inferior teams forever. As of a month ago the players backing of Staley was close to 100%. After this performance and calling that timeout when the Raiders were ready to run the clock out for the tie it puts him in a bad spot. The media is calling for his head, I say run it back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Of all my friends that were San Diego Charger fans, 1/3 stayed fans of the LA Chargers, 1/3 are big time haters and want Spanos hung and will never be fans again unless they are sold and move back, and 1/3 dgaf.
    I have great memories with my Dad having season tickets, which carried over to me and my son having many memories. The worst has to be the playoff game to the Jets(shoutout to Drexel saw you there) as big favorites or the Mcree fumble against the Pats in the AFC Championship game. So I'm still a fan sigh
    This loss was so bad because it was exactly the way they lose to inferior teams forever. As of a month ago the players backing of Staley was close to 100%. After this performance and calling that timeout when the Raiders were ready to run the clock out for the tie it puts him in a bad spot. The media is calling for his head, I say run it back.

Stop with the bullshit. They were absolutely not going to “run out the clock” when they took the timeout.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Stop with the bullshit. They were absolutely not going to “run out the clock” when they took the timeout.
    Yeah, it is really strange that everyone is lapping up the narrative that the timeout caused them to "go for it," when it looked like they were getting ready to do a run play, and then they came back after the timeout and did a run play.

They were going to run the same play most likely, and if the play got stuffed they were going to attempt a 55 yd FG. So the question is does calling the timeout help or hurt the Chargers as far as making a stop and making the FG harder?

RJ Bell had an interesting take in that calling a timeout is an indictment of the Chargers coaching staff, but not for the reason the sports media is giving. Basically he is arguing that chaotic, high leverage situations greatly favor the more prepared, organized team. So either 1) The Chargers are a more organized team and shouldn't have called a timeout, or 2) The Chargers weren't the more organized, prepared team in which case calling the timeout makes sense, but is an indictment in itself.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Given the massive equity swing of playing the Bengals vs playing the Chiefs in Rd 1, I think the Raiders should have actually been much more aggressive once they crossed midfield getting into better FG range.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

The Raiders were in no hurry to run a play and were not stopping the clock themselves. They were running the ball and if they didn't gain 7 or more yards were taking the tie imo. Taking the timeout on defense with less than a minute was a bonehead move and his interviews after are making him look bad. I like the guy and want him back but his leash is much shorter now.

Load Metric
    Anybody suggesting Raiders wanted the tie is a fucking moron.. There is no way in hell the Raiders would go for the tie when they knew it meant going to KC in the WC round thats shear fucking suicide

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Anybody suggesting Raiders wanted the tie is a fucking moron.. There is no way in hell the Raiders would go for the tie when they knew it meant going to KC in the WC round thats shear fucking suicide
    meh I have been called worse by bigger dorks than you ftp. I'm not saying they were playing for the tie. It is a risk vs reward decision and if they don't get past the 40 taking the tie wouldn't be that bad considering the circumstances. 58 yard field goals are less than 50/50 and if taking a knee gets you to the playoffs over a possible blocked kick it's a pretty easy choice, I don't care if the '89 49ers are the opponent. Staley subbed out a linebacker for a safety so his excuse of wanting to get a run defense in there was a lie.

Pretty excited for the Trump rally in Az ftp? The uber rates are going to be lit bruh. Make them monies door dashing and uber eatsing homie

Load Metric
    meh I have been called worse by bigger dorks than you ftp. I'm not saying they were playing for the tie. It is a risk vs reward decision and if they don't get past the 40 taking the tie wouldn't be that bad considering the circumstances. 58 yard field goals are less than 50/50 and if taking a knee gets you to the playoffs over a possible blocked kick it's a pretty easy choice, I don't care if the '89 49ers are the opponent. Staley subbed out a linebacker for a safety so his excuse of wanting to get a run defense in there was a lie.

Pretty excited for the Trump rally in Az ftp? The uber rates are going to be lit bruh. Make them monies door dashing and uber eatsing homie
    Fuck UE and DD theyre raping drivers.. I will say this though.. Shits been bad last few weeks and its likely Omicron.. NYE numbers were worse then 2020-21s unexpectedly for drivers 1/3 less on avg.. Avg was 650-700 previous NYE a couple weeks ago nobody seemed to have made bank and avg was in the 400-450 range which shit I did 300 before on a Sunday during football season before.. Several huge conventions have been cancelled including one that was supposed to be 30k in attendance. The biggest money makers coming up are Barrett Jackson starting next week and then Waste Management Open around Super Bowl Weekend.. Both are expected to be back to normal this year. The concern is the shitting of the bed by MLB which could cost the economy here in Phoenix Metro $100M+ across the board with loss of tax revenue, hotels, resturants yes rideshares and taxis all make good money during Cactus League and its looking bad right now for things to resolve in time for the start in about 6 weeks.

The Trump Rally is in bumfuk nowhere its actually literally down where I last worked as a nurse in the same town as the 2 biggest state prison complexes Florence AZ.. Ubers been squashing surges for awhile now actually and I can be honest no driver is gonna take rides to Florence an hour plus with no likelyhood of a ride out of there or even to Tucson. FOlks are gonna have to drive themselves.

Honestly Im working to get out of the rideshare biz by the time things die out before summer. I got the backend of my PPP/ Covid Disaster Loan Assitance money finally totalling $14k from the SBA in Dec that isnt required to be repaid and working on a few things as a result including expanding my forex stuff into hopefully becoming a funded trader and make some good money with the splits alot of them offer.. Just trying to nail down some of the automated trading black box side for when I cant monitor 24/7 and have it monitor and close as needed as well as scalping auto trading during markets busiest periods on breakouts (just not feasible to trade middle of the night starting at 12a-1a which is London Market Opening and then till 2-3pm AZ time when NY closes finally too hard on me physically honestly).
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 01-14-2022 at 01:07 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Fuck UE and DD theyre raping drivers.. I will say this though.. Shits been bad last few weeks and its likely Omicron.. NYE numbers were worse then 2020-21s unexpectedly for drivers 1/3 less on avg.. Avg was 650-700 previous NYE a couple weeks ago nobody seemed to have made bank and avg was in the 400-450 range which shit I did 300 before on a Sunday during football season before.. Several huge conventions have been cancelled including one that was supposed to be 30k in attendance. The biggest money makers coming up are Barrett Jackson starting next week and then Waste Management Open around Super Bowl Weekend.. Both are expected to be back to normal this year. The concern is the shitting of the bed by MLB which could cost the economy here in Phoenix Metro $100M+ across the board with loss of tax revenue, hotels, resturants yes rideshares and taxis all make good money during Cactus League and its looking bad right now for things to resolve in time for the start in about 6 weeks.

The Trump Rally is in bumfuk nowhere its actually literally down where I last worked as a nurse in the same town as the 2 biggest state prison complexes Florence AZ.. Ubers been squashing surges for awhile now actually and I can be honest no driver is gonna take rides to Florence an hour plus with no likelyhood of a ride out of there or even to Tucson. FOlks are gonna have to drive themselves.

Honestly Im working to get out of the rideshare biz by the time things die out before summer. I got the backend of my PPP/ Covid Disaster Loan Assitance money finally totalling $14k from the SBA in Dec that isnt required to be repaid and working on a few things as a result including expanding my forex stuff into hopefully becoming a funded trader and make some good money with the splits alot of them offer.. Just trying to nail down some of the automated trading black box side for when I cant monitor 24/7 and have it monitor and close as needed as well as scalping auto trading during markets busiest periods on breakouts (just not feasible to trade middle of the night starting at 12a-1a which is London Market Opening and then till 2-3pm AZ time when NY closes finally too hard on me physically honestly).
    Thank you for the detailed answer! Good luck with everything!! These guys have good stock advice around here. Surprised the rally is not in the Scotsdale area, or Lake Havasu actually. 100% Trump country there
    Are they expecting big numbers?

Load Metric
    I run it back. You can make smart analytical decisions and have it break the wrong way in the short term.

One season is a small sample and he’s young. I didn’t believe his version of the story tbh.

I haven’t watched that last sequence again, but he didn’t look like a guy trying to stop the run after that timeout. It wasn’t like they crowded the line when I first watched it, but I was kind of distracted so maybe I missed it. I’ll have to go look it up and watch it again. His interview struck me as he knew he fucked up and kind of made up a little story, but I let it go and run it back.

He’s the whipping boy for every old school analyst and former player who dislikes analytics, but the vast majority of those guys are stone cold stupid. It’s a bad look to have a defense that bad and miss the playoffs with a QB that good, but it’s one season and you have to run it back and give him a shot to draft some defensive players and right the ship. Everyone else out there is interviewing some retread guy who has failed before. Fuck that, stick with the young dude who has had success everywhere and see what you have. That’s what I’d do. NFL wisdom is always dusty old establishment types and former players who won the genetic lottery physically, but aren’t exactly geniuses.

Thread Information