Thread: Actually Autistic?

Load Metric

Actually Autistic?

I had to sit through a 15 minute Zoom call yesterday for a colleague to come out...as autistic?

She explained how she thinks differently and some shit about autistic burnout, blah blah. Would have fully expected this from the Portland audience but this woman works in Tennessee.

Presents as fully normal as least as a colleague so it was fucking weird.

Later I saw another friend on my Instagram 'come out' wearing an 'I'm too autistic for this shit' shirt. Never does virtue signally shit. She would register as a bit different anywhere outside of Portland but is firmly normal for here.

Name:  Autist.PNG
Views: 334
Size:  590.1 KB

Some trending shit on Twitter as well, #actuallyautistic. Looks like the autists are making their move.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I had to sit through a 15 minute Zoom call yesterday for a colleague to come out...as autistic?

She explained how she thinks differently and some shit about autistic burnout, blah blah. Would have fully expected this from the Portland audience but this woman works in Tennessee.

Presents as fully normal as least as a colleague so it was fucking weird.

Later I saw another friend on my Instagram 'come out' wearing an 'I'm too autistic for this shit' shirt. Never does virtue signally shit. She would register as a bit different anywhere outside of Portland but is firmly normal for here.

Name:  Autist.PNG
Views: 334
Size:  590.1 KB

Some trending shit on Twitter as well, #actuallyautistic. Looks like the autists are making their move.
    Why you were in such a Zoom meeting?
    Druff payin you sign up new members?

Name:  D8FC936A-1DCE-4536-92CA-D9A453A7FA36.jpeg
Views: 299
Size:  238.9 KB

Load Metric
    Mandatory 15 minute meeting for this woman to have a soapbox (lol Portland).

I remember in college when everyone was all about having ADD/ADHD, half of whom were doing so to get Adderall scripts back when it was easy. Very easy to read the symptoms of ADD and self-diagnose, but it's almost never true.

Do wonder if it's a latent issue for women; diagnosed like 5x more in men. See zero benefit to 'coming out' as autistic; everyone already knows who the full blown OG's are.

Perhaps the youth will latch onto it and republicans will pearl clutch.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I remember in college when everyone was all about having ADD/ADHD, half of whom were doing so to get Adderall scripts back when it was easy. Very easy to read the symptoms of ADD and self-diagnose, but it's almost never true.

Do wonder if it's a latent issue for women; diagnosed like 5x more in men. See zero benefit to 'coming out' as autistic; everyone already knows who the full blown OG's are.

Wow, talk about a painful 15 minutes.
    Any urge to riot?

Load Metric

This is roughly how ADHD diagnosis looked like in 2011 among 2-17 year olds...

Name:  ADHD.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  43.3 KB

...i think about 60% of them were on medication. Likely over diagnosed and over prescribed for boys and reverse for girls. Same thing with ADHD and ADD.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Can she get sweet social security disability cash?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cate Hall did this on Twitter like 3 years ago.

She's always ahead of the curve.

Soon we will all be doing a lot of hard drugs and living in a polyamorous commune.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Cate Hall did this on Twitter like 3 years ago.

She's always ahead of the curve.

Soon we will all be doing a lot of hard drugs and living in a polyamorous commune.
    Ffs I hope so. You wrote it like that’s a bad thing. I don’t even do drugs anymore, but you’ve just described my ideal retirement experience

Load Metric
    First it was cool to have ADHD, then to be gay, then to be trans, now to be autistic. I look forward to people claiming to be full-blown retards.

Comments

Sheesfaced: I lol’d

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Teen girls and young women (especially middle-to-upper class white ones) seem to like labels which make them stand out from the crowd.

That's why there's been a trend of seemingly typical, feminine-presenting girls claiming to be "trans", "non-binary", or "agender", despite no previous signs of gender dysphoria, or even masculine tendencies. I always laugh when I see extremely feminine chicks claiming they're a gender other than female.

Elizabeth Warren was one of the OGs of this trend, but used race instead of gender (probably because the alternative gender shit didn't exist back then). Many Republicans like to say that Warren did it to further her career, but I don't necessarily believe that. I think she felt ordinary and boring as a heterosexual white woman, especially in the world of academia. She then used the whole Native American lie to feel more special.

In this case, I bet a large number of the self-diagnosed autistic people "coming out" will be straight/bi white females, under 35, and either in college or presently holding college degrees.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Teen girls and young women (especially middle-to-upper class white ones) seem to like labels which make them stand out from the crowd.

That's why there's been a trend of seemingly typical, feminine-presenting girls claiming to be "trans", "non-binary", or "agender", despite no previous signs of gender dysphoria, or even masculine tendencies. I always laugh when I see extremely feminine chicks claiming they're a gender other than female.

Elizabeth Warren was one of the OGs of this trend, but used race instead of gender (probably because the alternative gender shit didn't exist back then). Many Republicans like to say that Warren did it to further her career, but I don't necessarily believe that. I think she felt ordinary and boring as a heterosexual white woman, especially in the world of academia. She then used the whole Native American lie to feel more special.

In this case, I bet a large number of the self-diagnosed autistic people "coming out" will be straight/bi white females, under 35, and either in college or presently holding college degrees.
    Name:  Bis.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  70.3 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: Increasingly fragmented society

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Nasty View Post
    First it was cool to have ADHD, then to be gay, then to be trans, now to be autistic. I look forward to people claiming to be full-blown retards.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I think of this board as Druff's long zoom call explaining he has autism.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Thread Information