Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Different Dining Experience in Vegas

  1. #1
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    338
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,250

    Different Dining Experience in Vegas

    So next month I will be in Vegas with family and friends to run the Rock N Roll Half Marathon. Already have reservations at a Steakhouse and Italian booked. Now we're looking for something different, preferably somewhere on the strip. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Gracias.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

  2. #2
    have the rabbit at Le Cirque. Its not always on menu, but always in the kitchen (pre-covid at least).

    <Chef's kiss>


    Lemon Grass at Aria is good as is Javiers.
    he tries to fly under the radar with his gay big words - Big Bird

  3. #3
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    635
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,080
    Just off the Strip ibehind the Rio is that Dining in the Dark place. Never been there and would love a trip report. Marrakech is fun and different. But it’s about a mile east of the Strip. If the weather is nice, brunch or dinner on the patio at Mon Ami Gabi is great for people and fountain watching.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 01-11-2022 at 04:57 PM.

  4. #4
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7524
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45,724
    Blog Entries
    2
    The whole dining in the dark concept seems unappealing to me. I saw it depicted on a late 2000s TV show (supposedly taking place in LA), and I thought, "This seems dumb... I wonder if this is real."

    But yeah, it's apparently real.

    I don't even like the idea of eating food I like without knowing what's coming. For example, I've had it before where a vegetable which looks like a potato but is actually squash is on my plate, and when I taste the squash, it's an unpleasant surprise, even though I don't mind squash. Since I'm expecting to bite into a potato, the squash taste is weird at that point. But trying new things without being able to see it? GTFO

  5. #5
    Everything at WynnCore. I don't know if they still do this post-covid but if you looking for a very good brunch on Sunday, Sterling Brunch best deal on Strip, all you can eat steak and lobster brunch. The Cosmopolitan has a good buffet "wicked spoon" and some other weird dining options that are fun.

    https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/dining

    https://www.opentable.com/sterling-b...llys-las-vegas

    https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/restaurants
    "Just Do Your Job"

    "Discipline or Regret"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The whole dining in the dark concept seems unappealing to me. I saw it depicted on a late 2000s TV show (supposedly taking place in LA), and I thought, "This seems dumb... I wonder if this is real."

    But yeah, it's apparently real.

    I don't even like the idea of eating food I like without knowing what's coming. For example, I've had it before where a vegetable which looks like a potato but is actually squash is on my plate, and when I taste the squash, it's an unpleasant surprise, even though I don't mind squash. Since I'm expecting to bite into a potato, the squash taste is weird at that point. But trying new things without being able to see it? GTFO
    I cannot imagine enjoying eating in the dark unless I already know I really like everything that is going to be served, and even then I'll pass. The premise sounds almost masochistic to me, lol. Maybe its a weed thing.
    "Just Do Your Job"

    "Discipline or Regret"

  7. #7
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    338
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Just off the Strip ibehind the Rio is that Dining in the Dark place. Never been there and would love a trip report. Marrakech is fun and different. But it’s about a mile east of the Strip. If the weather is nice, brunch or dinner on the patio at Mon Ami Gabi is great for people and fountain watching.

    I did the Dining in the Dark thing years ago @ Market 17 in Fort Lauderdale. We were drunk and high and went with a party of 10. It was fun, but it's something you only do once.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

  8. #8
    What is your budget? If you don’t have a limit..

    At The Cosmo, the Chef’s Table private room at Scarpetta, over looking the Bellagio Fountain..pre fixe menu is an amazing experience…but you already are going Italian

    SushiSamba in Palazzo has a fantastic menu if you are into unusual food combos..great atmosphere and drinks

    Tao at Venetian..if you like Asian

    Monzu..off strip, behind an Arby’s..but fantastic Italian..if you like a charcuterie board..the one they have is amazing..again Italian but worth it

    CarverSteak at Resort’sWorld..if you can get a private room..either the Whiskey or Knife Room..amazing food..newest hot restaurant

    I’ve go more..but I’ll stop now..

  9. #9
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    338
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,250
    Thanks for the recommendations. BTW, was thinking about going to Roma deli for lunch one day. Has anyone tried it?
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. BTW, was thinking about going to Roma deli for lunch one day. Has anyone tried it?
    Its good, but I wouldnt go there unless its really important to you as theres better / more interesting novel options
    "Just Do Your Job"

    "Discipline or Regret"

  11. #11
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    338
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. BTW, was thinking about going to Roma deli for lunch one day. Has anyone tried it?
    Its good, but I wouldnt go there unless its really important to you as theres better / more interesting novel options

    Was looking for a good Chicken Parm sandwich
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

  12. #12
    I thought Kabuto (off strip in Chinatown) was one of the best meals I've ever had. If you like sushi, it was awesome. $175 omikase was top top every course.

    I am kind of a foody, and maybe others will poo poo it or what not, but well worth it and awesome. $175 seems like a lot, but its not compared to the strip and this was one of the most memorable meals I've ever had.

     
    Comments
      
      Jayjami: TY. Always looking for another Vegas spot.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post

    Its good, but I wouldnt go there unless its really important to you as theres better / more interesting novel options

    Was looking for a good Chicken Parm sandwich
    Worth having lunch, I would say.
    "Just Do Your Job"

    "Discipline or Regret"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Strip Dining Help
    By MrWallace in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2021, 08:53 AM
  2. Looking for Off Strip outdoor dining in Las Vegas
    By IamGreek in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-26-2021, 09:11 PM
  3. My experience on a nuclear sub
    By Tellafriend in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 05:35 PM
  4. Las Vegas VIP Weekend Experience!!!
    By Brittney Griner's Clit in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 10:39 PM
  5. What was the last drug you did, and what was the experience?
    By JUSTIFIEDhomicide in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-23-2014, 07:42 PM