Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Poker Fraud Alert Radio Thread for 01/08/2022 --- ** $50 FREEROLL *** 9:30pm PST START TIME

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    This bullet point is a misrepresentation (though to be fair, I haven't heard the actual podcast yet).

If both parties are wearing a cloth mask, it doubles the safe contact time, and so they continue to be effective for casual contact (out and about in stores, etc.)

Secondly, the article this is from states that this specifically applied only to the new highly infection omicron variant.

ref: https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...-stop-covid-19

So an accurate statement would be:

- It's now being acknowledged that specifically for the omicron variant, cloth masks are mostly useless for long-term exposure of > 30 minutes of contact

Also any attempt to retroactively apply what we know about this new omicron strain to past incarnations of COVID-19 is intellectually disingenuous, and flys in the face of a mountain of studies, and the overwhelming consensus of experts around the world:

ref: https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118#sec-22

If you have evidence to refute the conclusions of the group of experts at the National Academy of Sciences, and the 141 studies & papers that they cite as references on the effectiveness of masks, but all means, present it.

What I do agree with you is that we clearly need to treat each strain of the virus as its own unique thing, and adjust our behavior based on the unique characteristics of each strain.

If we acknowledge that, by inference, it is also incorrect to then apply what we know about the current omicron strain to previous incarnations of the virus.

The advice from experts continues to be consistent:

What we can do

When it comes to understanding the spread of COVID-19 and vaccination, Dr. Laguio-Vila suggests reorienting our expectations about how to approach both the virus and the vaccine.

“There was a great hope that this vaccine would be a silver bullet,” Dr. Laguio-Vila said. “But now, I think we need to readjust our expectations based on what we are learning. For us to expect zero infections when half of the globe is vaccinated, there is a hubris in that. This is a humbling virus that we are learning to prevent and evade using science. We need to evolve our understanding as much as the virus evolves.”

As we work to keep our minds open, there are steps we can continue to take to ensure we are as well protected as we can be against COVID-19.

Get vaccinated: COVID-19 vaccines are available at local pharmacies, doctor’s offices, and other locations in many of our communities. This is proving to be the best form of prevention we have against the virus.

Get boosted: If you are 18 years old or older and received your COVID-19 vaccine at least two months ago (Johnson & Johnson), or five months ago (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), you are now eligible for a booster shot. For 12 to 17 year olds who received the Pfizer vaccine, the booster shot has also been approved.

Wear a mask: Properly wearing a medical mask while at indoor public locations can reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19

Practice good hand hygiene: Wash your hands with soap and water frequently, especially after spending time in public spaces. This means rinsing for at least 20 seconds.

Physical distancing: Stay six feet or more apart from other people in public spaces.
    -- Maryrose R. Laguio-Vila, MD, Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease

ref: https://hive.rochesterregional.org/2...een-vaccinated
    I've only been back here for a week and my God you are the most insufferable delusional person on this board. Holy fuck who brainwashed you.
    lol I've been gone a long time as well albeit not as long as you and wondered the same fucking thing. Guy went full retard over essentially the cold as of now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I knew that the question I'd be asked most after the interview was, "Why didn't you tell Mikki to eat shit after he was so repeatedly rude to you?"

As I said in the (live) comments after the interview, my goal there wasn't to deliver return zingers. He claimed he would show me his statements, which I thought was possible at that point, and wanted to preserve the ability to do that. I was, and still am, very curious about what his win/loss statements look like. I may never get to see them, but notice he seemed open to showing me that, whereas he was very quick to say he's not showing me his strategy.

Anyway, my goal was to get him to talk a lot and answer the questions I had for him. Then it's up to the listener to decide what they do and don't believe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Man that fucking interview was tough to get through. Can't remember the last time I wanted to reach into my phone to punch someone in the face like I did this guy. I understand you were trying to be nice but at some point you need to call the guy out for being the condescending prick dbag he was. You don't talk to people like that period. Also the guy is 100% living in a made up world. Pure delusional la la land. Wish you didn't bring up the women part because at close to 50 years old you really shouldn't even give a fuck if he's banging hags or whether or not he's paying. You've seen the guy, we're not exactly talking Brad Pitt here. Guy couldn't get laid without paying if his life depended on it. My favorite part was when he said he lost 8 million then an hour later won 9 million. I know a lot of rich people. Nobody throws out numbers like that if they really had that kind of money. I suspect you were hoping he would tell you his secrets, even with a ND agreement, because if it were a miracle and they actually worked you'd be able to use it to your own advantage maybe on a smaller scale. Just my two cents but that guy is pos loser.
    This whole post nails it.

Mikki came across as a super defensive, delusional narcissist. With Spencer he seemed at least a little bit likable but he was a colossal prick in the Druff interview. And that's probably because Druff actually asked intelligent questions that Mikki wasn't equipped to answer.

Druff has mentioned that he had been in contact with Mikki about doing an interview. Then Unexpectedly Mikki told Druff he would do an interview but it had to be right then.

This is what I think happened...

It was very clear that Mikki had listened to the first PFA radio show where he was discussed and good questions were presented regarding his outrageous claims. I believe Mikki had just finished listening to PFA and he instantly contacted Druff to do an interview. He was freshly bothered and wanted to respond. He appeared to be upset as he was just called out for his bullshit claims and wanted to somehow convince the viewers of his fairytales.

Comments

aayjay: +
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 01-11-2022 at 05:23 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post

This whole post nails it.

Mikki came across as a super defensive, delusional narcissist. With Spencer he seemed at least a little bit likable but he was a colossal prick in the Druff interview. And that's probably because Druff actually asked intelligent questions that Mikki wasn't equipped to answer.

Druff has mentioned that he had been in contact with Mikki about doing an interview. Then Unexpectedly Mikki told Druff he would do an interview but it had to be right then.

This is what I think happened...

It was very clear that Mikki had listened to the first PFA radio show where he was discussed and good questions were presented regarding his outrageous claims. I believe Mikki had just finished listening to PFA and he instantly contacted Druff to do an interview. He was freshly bothered and wanted to respond. He appeared to be upset as he was just called out for his bullshit claims and wanted to somehow convince the viewers of his fairytales.

Agree, Sounded like he just finished listening to the first podcast with a blunt and some sweet sweet e-juice. Was all rattled up and said to himself "fine lets do this NOW" And rage-contacts Druff in hopes of basically the interview that happened. I think He thought it went well for him.
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I knew that the question I'd be asked most after the interview was, "Why didn't you tell Mikki to eat shit after he was so repeatedly rude to you?"

As I said in the (live) comments after the interview, my goal there wasn't to deliver return zingers. He claimed he would show me his statements, which I thought was possible at that point, and wanted to preserve the ability to do that. I was, and still am, very curious about what his win/loss statements look like. I may never get to see them, but notice he seemed open to showing me that, whereas he was very quick to say he's not showing me his strategy.

Anyway, my goal was to get him to talk a lot and answer the questions I had for him. Then it's up to the listener to decide what they do and don't believe.
    He is a fraud. Plain and simple. He might be a fraud with money. So what? Frankly I don't know why you are giving this scumbag the time of day.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

At some point it isn't called a return zinger. It's called a life lesson and that guy def needs one before he gets the shit kicked out of him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    This bullet point is a misrepresentation (though to be fair, I haven't heard the actual podcast yet).

If both parties are wearing a cloth mask, it doubles the safe contact time, and so they continue to be effective for casual contact (out and about in stores, etc.)

Secondly, the article this is from states that this specifically applied only to the new highly infection omicron variant.

ref: https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...-stop-covid-19

So an accurate statement would be:

- It's now being acknowledged that specifically for the omicron variant, cloth masks are mostly useless for long-term exposure of > 30 minutes of contact

Also any attempt to retroactively apply what we know about this new omicron strain to past incarnations of COVID-19 is intellectually disingenuous, and flys in the face of a mountain of studies, and the overwhelming consensus of experts around the world:

Conclusion
    Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission: Nonmedical masks use materials that obstruct particles of the necessary size; people are most infectious in the initial period postinfection, where it is common to have few or no symptoms (45, 46, 141); nonmedical masks have been effective in reducing transmission of respiratory viruses; and places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have shown substantially lower community transmission.

The available evidence suggests that near-universal adoption of nonmedical masks when out in public, in combination with complementary public health measures, could successfully reduce Re to below 1, thereby reducing community spread if such measures are sustained. Economic analysis suggests that mask wearing mandates could add 1 trillion dollars to the US GDP (32, 34).
    ref: https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118#sec-22

If you have evidence to refute the conclusions of the group of experts at the National Academy of Sciences, and the 141 studies & papers that they cite as references on the effectiveness of masks, but all means, present it.

What I do agree with you is that we clearly need to treat each strain of the virus as its own unique thing, and adjust our behavior based on the unique characteristics of each strain.

If we acknowledge that, by inference, it is also incorrect to then apply what we know about the current omicron strain to previous incarnations of the virus.

The advice from experts continues to be consistent:

What we can do

When it comes to understanding the spread of COVID-19 and vaccination, Dr. Laguio-Vila suggests reorienting our expectations about how to approach both the virus and the vaccine.

“There was a great hope that this vaccine would be a silver bullet,” Dr. Laguio-Vila said. “But now, I think we need to readjust our expectations based on what we are learning. For us to expect zero infections when half of the globe is vaccinated, there is a hubris in that. This is a humbling virus that we are learning to prevent and evade using science. We need to evolve our understanding as much as the virus evolves.”

As we work to keep our minds open, there are steps we can continue to take to ensure we are as well protected as we can be against COVID-19.

Get vaccinated: COVID-19 vaccines are available at local pharmacies, doctor’s offices, and other locations in many of our communities. This is proving to be the best form of prevention we have against the virus.

Get boosted: If you are 18 years old or older and received your COVID-19 vaccine at least two months ago (Johnson & Johnson), or five months ago (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), you are now eligible for a booster shot. For 12 to 17 year olds who received the Pfizer vaccine, the booster shot has also been approved.

Wear a mask: Properly wearing a medical mask while at indoor public locations can reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19

Practice good hand hygiene: Wash your hands with soap and water frequently, especially after spending time in public spaces. This means rinsing for at least 20 seconds.

Physical distancing: Stay six feet or more apart from other people in public spaces.
    -- Maryrose R. Laguio-Vila, MD, Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease

ref: https://hive.rochesterregional.org/2...een-vaccinated
    The one small problem is Khalwat is that the mask study took place long before Omicron escaped in South Africa (yeah I said it). The date per Wall Street Journal was March/April of 2021 basically a year ago even before Delta officially showed up.

Thread Information