Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Manhattan DA Green Lights Anarchy in NYC

Gold
    Load Metric

New Manhattan DA Green Lights Anarchy in NYC

https://nypost.com/2022/01/04/alvin-...t-for-anarchy/

Alvin Bragg, the new DA in Manhattan, has instructed prosecutors to eliminate jail sentences for many crimes, including armed robbery.

I didn't feel so safe in New York when I was there a few months ago and now its likely I won't be going back again. New York City has been ruined. If you're a criminal these are the best of times. If you're not, you better start packing or only traveling with some other form of protection. Is it any wonder New Yorkers are leaving for Florida and Texas? Maybe FrankRizzo will have the courage to stay and tell us how bad it gets. Anyone else should probably just not go to New York for the next several years. Portland and San Francisco are going to look like comparable safe havens in the not so distant future.

Comments

garrett: LOL.... "Maybe FrankRizzo will have the courage to stay and tell us how bad it gets" fantastic

Load Metric
    Name:  253221C8-BD73-4DD2-8A50-5DA44CB0AF9E.jpeg
Views: 473
Size:  795.0 KB

https://nypost.com/2021/12/16/how-ge...s-crime-surge/

No conspiracy. He's another one of these DAs bought to destabilize cities and cause distrust of local governments. The mutual combat insanity in Chicago where teenagers are actively murdering unarmed teenagers in a street fight with stab wounds to the chest then a finish shot to the neck all caught on video, yet facing no charges, is a bigger outrage and more indicative of the hell to come in major cities than the "insurrection" or months of looting and rioting.

Comments

country978: scary

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Agreed. Eric Adams I think is going to turn this around I hope. Hopefully he's not another Dinkins.

However, I am still fucking 17 yr olds and shooting my warm load deep inside their holes while they moan "harder daddy harder" so its all good on my end.

Comments

country978: lol just wait until one of the 17yr olds goes loraina bobbet on you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Democrats are terrible at handling crime and punishment issues.

Always have been, always will be.

That's a large reason they got clobbered in 1994 (when NYC was also a disaster, then it got better under Giuliani, now it's getting bad again), and it's a large reason they will get clobbered in 2022.

The reason Democrats will always lose violent crime issues is because they're all about the misguided effort to "rehabilitate" career criminals, as well as play identity politics with arrest/sentencing guidelines. Republicans simply want violent criminals locked up and punished appropriately. The GOP approach is far more popular with independent voters, especially when crime issues get a lot of attention.

This is also why cities consistently controlled by Democrats always turn into crime-ridden shitholes.

Comments

dwai: based

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Alvin Bragg, the new DA in Manhattan, has instructed prosecutors to eliminate jail sentences for many crimes, including armed robbery.

I didn't feel so safe in New York when I was there a few months ago and now its likely I won't be going back again. New York City has been ruined. If you're a criminal these are the best of times. If you're not, you better start packing or only traveling with some other form of protection. Is it any wonder New Yorkers are leaving for Florida and Texas? Maybe FrankRizzo will have the courage to stay and tell us how bad it gets. Anyone else should probably just not go to New York for the next several years. Portland and San Francisco are going to look like comparable safe havens in the not so distant future.

Dupety do da dupety day, my oh my what at wonderful day.

Site = Fox "News".

Is it the roadrunner, Druff 4.5 or one in the same?

Get some sleep Druff you ain't feeling so good, remember?

As soon as this place starts grinding to a halt we get this kind of post from Druff or one of his sycophant dupes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Dupety do da dupety day, my oh my what at wonderful day.

Site = Fox "News".

Is it the roadrunner, Druff 4.5 or one in the same?

Get some sleep Druff you ain't feeling so good, remember?

As soon as this place starts grinding to a halt we get this kind of post from Druff or one of his sycophant dupes
    Another day, another wacked out post from this Gringo Wino.

Comments

The Boz:

Load Metric
    Khalwat should love this.

SCIENCE!

Load Metric
    This is not the first time that the emphasis has been placed on rehabilitation of criminals over jail sentences. It's occurred at least a few times in the past one hundred years. Every time it's led to rapidly rising crime rates. Then the pendulum swings back to jail sentences over rehabilitation. Then a new generation gets in power and does the same thing over again, go soft on criminals and the crime rate goes back up.

The problem with the big cities is George Soros giving a progressive lawyers one million dollars each to run for DA. A DA willing to prosecute can't compete in an election when the other side has that kind of money. The only way out of that problem is conservatives are going to have to find a way to give conservative DA candidates that kind of money to compete in the elections.

Comments

country978: i dont recall it being this bad in my lifetime
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    This is not the first time that the emphasis has been placed on rehabilitation of criminals over jail sentences. It's occurred at least a few times in the past one hundred years. Every time it's led to rapidly rising crime rates. Then the pendulum swings back to jail sentences over rehabilitation. Then a new generation gets in power and does the same thing over again, go soft on criminals and the crime rate goes back up.

The problem with the big cities is George Soros giving a progressive lawyers one million dollars each to run for DA. A DA willing to prosecute can't compete in an election when the other side has that kind of money. The only way out of that problem is conservatives are going to have to find a way to give conservative DA candidates that kind of money to compete in the elections.
    Incarcerations per capita

Name:  D90E4FCA-88F5-432F-A1AD-F9CD32E5944A.jpeg
Views: 307
Size:  372.3 KB

Nothing new

U.S. #1

China #71

Load Metric
    I don't think i care enough to correct everything that's wrong in this thread. Almost everything tbh.

The thing is that Bragg didn't have the biggest campaign coffer. The runner up did. She spent more than $8m of her own money. She was endorsed by various scum like Wall Street and NY Post.

https://gothamist.com/news/da-candid...money-campaign

Load Metric

I didn't feel so safe in New York when I was there a few months ago and now its likely I won't be going back again. New York City has been ruined.
    I'm curious as to where you went in NYC and didn't feel safe?

Load Metric
    lol violent crime has been decreasing in the US for decades, sounds like this DA just wants to focus on the crime part of the equation over the bullshit that republicans want to throw everyone in jail for. I love how they brought up Dinkins run as a disaster because of crack while simultaneously ignoring the fact that crack didn't increase the crime rate, crack being illegal and people fighting over the turf to deal crack increased the crime rate

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    lol violent crime has been decreasing in the US for decades, sounds like this DA just wants to focus on the crime part of the equation over the bullshit that republicans want to throw everyone in jail for. I love how they brought up Dinkins run as a disaster because of crack while simultaneously ignoring the fact that crack didn't increase the crime rate, crack being illegal and people fighting over the turf to deal crack increased the crime rate

Violent crime was decreasing in the US between the early 1990s and 2014.

Then came "The Ferguson Effect".

It's been going up since then, and has really rocketed up over the past 2 years in some places.

However, unlike the '70s and '80s, when crime was going up around the country at a fairly uniform rate, we are now seeing disproportionate rises in violent crime in certain cities. Places like LA, NY, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, and several other big cities are seeing a huge crime problem, and the left's response has been to decriminalize or non-prosecute so-called "minor" crimes, which has led to making the matter even worse.

At the same time, crime in a lot of suburbs and certain medium-sized cities hasn't risen much, or in some cases has gone down. This allows the left to lump all the numbers together, and minimize what's really going on in the worst spots.

In the entire modern history of the US, more police on the streets, longer sentences, and more prosecution of all crimes has led to a lower violent crime rate, and the reverse has led to a higher crime rate.

The left sees the attempt to incarcerate fewer people as compassionate and anti-racist, but in reality these policies directly harm law-abiding people of color. That's why the entire "Defund the Police" movement (and yes, I know what was really meant by that) was popular with white liberals in the suburbs, but unpopular in high crime neighborhoods where the police are actually needed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Nothing newer than 2003…wtf.

China has no need for incarceration when execution is pretty free.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

I didn't feel so safe in New York when I was there a few months ago and now its likely I won't be going back again. New York City has been ruined.
    The area around Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. And in Penn Station itself. I felt unsafe mostly because I was with my sister and my 80 year old mom when we were accosted by a deranged person. And there were many more in the area who didn't bother with us. There was also a murder in that same area just a few weeks later.

Load Metric

The area around Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. And in Penn Station itself. I felt unsafe mostly because I was with my sister and my 80 year old mom when we were accosted by a deranged person. And there were many more in the area who didn't bother with us. There was also a murder in that same area just a few weeks later.
    Welcome to New York Penn Station, this is right at home for some...

Comments

country978: sure is

Load Metric

Thats just called an "average Tuesday" out here now.

One thing that irks me here, in regards to how I perceive how the rest of "you" (read as: anyone outside of Portland) see our homeless situation is so framed by the media as being this continuous problem that has plagued the city for years, and then the left portrays how so many of them are just "single moms who missed rent once and are out on the streets". Completely and utterly false.

15 years ago, the truly homeless were very few compared to now, and mainly segregated to a few areas of town. There WERE much more street kids/quasi-homeless, and ironically, many MORE panhandlers. Some of the panhandlers were just pro-panhandlers who went home to their house everyday after work, but the majority were legit people who needed a hand. Today, its tent city in pockets all over town, while panhandling is rare.

Easy explanation for that. De-criminalizing all drug use makes this a homeless junkies dream. These people will just break into your car or business to steal shit to sell/trade for their next fix rather than put in work trying to ask for money. Fun ecosystem. Property crime was always bad here but now it's through the roof. Violent crimes also at all-time highs for here, but thats only partially related to the homeless, and also comparatively a drop-in-the-bucket compared to Chicago/St. Louis/Baltimore and etc.

Comments

country978: local boy local news
    Last edited by gut; 01-07-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Thats just called an "average Tuesday" out here now.

One thing that irks me here, in regards to how I perceive how the rest of "you" (read as: anyone outside of Portland) see our homeless situation is so framed by the media as being this continuous problem that has plagued the city for years, and then the left portrays how so many of them are just "single moms who missed rent once and are out on the streets". Completely and utterly false.

15 years ago, the truly homeless were very few compared to now, and mainly segregated to a few areas of town. There WERE much more street kids/quasi-homeless, and ironically, many MORE panhandlers. Some of the panhandlers were just pro-panhandlers who went home to their house everyday after work, but the majority were legit people who needed a hand. Today, its tent city in pockets all over town, while panhandling is rare.

Easy explanation for that. De-criminalizing all drug use makes this a homeless junkies dream. These people will just break into your car or business to steal shit to sell/trade for their next fix rather than put in work trying to ask for money. Fun ecosystem. Property crime was always bad here but now it's through the roof. Violent crimes also at all-time highs for here, but thats only partially related to the homeless, and also comparatively a drop-in-the-bucket compared to Chicago/St. Louis/Baltimore and etc.
    thank you for that take, Gut. At this point why would anyone pay a check for a meal in the city anymore? There are no consequences for skipping out on the bill. There are almost no consequences at all in New York anymore. I feel sad for that city. I have roots in The Bronx and family still there. I make it a point to go there usually multiple times a year but not anymore.

Load Metric
    I can't wait for gimmick to come in here and tell you that you guys are wrong about these things, keep in mind he's in Finland

Comments

country978: lol he already did

garrett: lol, Scandanavian Rep

Tellafriend: lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/man-28...-station-cops/

A case in point from earlier today. A man randomly slashed a teenager at Penn Station.

The attack comes two days after a 21-year-old homeless man allegedly slashed another man, 31, who confronted him for masturbating in front of his wife outside Penn Station.

Thread Information