Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Manhattan DA Green Lights Anarchy in NYC

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

I'm curious as to where you went in NYC and didn't feel safe?
    The area around Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. And in Penn Station itself. I felt unsafe mostly because I was with my sister and my 80 year old mom when we were accosted by a deranged person. And there were many more in the area who didn't bother with us. There was also a murder in that same area just a few weeks later.
    Oh no, not a crazy person on the streets. I'm guessing no mask?
    Pack some heat and a blade next time out

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The area around Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. And in Penn Station itself. I felt unsafe mostly because I was with my sister and my 80 year old mom when we were accosted by a deranged person. And there were many more in the area who didn't bother with us. There was also a murder in that same area just a few weeks later.
    Oh no, not a crazy person on the streets. I'm guessing no mask?
    Pack some heat and a blade next time out
    Have you been to New York recently, Les? Or any other of the US cites discussed many times that are comparable to New York? I've been to Boston and New York a lot. Boston has either not changed or has gotten better/safer. New York has changed dramatically for the worse.

Load Metric
    If only i was living in Michigan, i could see how you can buy an election with 1/5 of your opponents funding. We're obv talking about actual opponents in Democratic primaries, since Republicans are just grifting rubes that are delusional enough think their candidate has any chance of winning.

Load Metric
    New York Post...

"The Post endorses Tali Farhadian Weinstein for Manhattan DA"

"Democrats utterly dominate Manhattan elections, so the general election is a mere formality. The party’s primary is the real contest"

...in good company with Hillary Clinton and Eric Holder endorsing Wall Streets candidate.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/09/the-po...-manhattan-da/

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    If only i was living in Michigan, i could see how you can buy an election with 1/5 of your opponents funding. We're obv talking about actual opponents in Democratic primaries, since Republicans are just grifting rubes that are delusional enough think their candidate has any chance of winning.
    To be fair, I was never trying to make this a political discussion, Gimmick. You clearly know more about the politics involved and the opposition candidate. The issues I raise are not meant to offer support to the other candidate for the position. I was just pointing out what I feel is an alarming new approach to crime in a city that means something to me and sharing my own experiences. Go see for yourself if you don't believe me. Hang out at 33rd and 7th for half an hour and then you might have a different point of view.

Load Metric
    To be fair, I was never trying to make this a political discussion, Gimmick. You clearly know more about the politics involved and the opposition candidate. The issues I raise are not meant to offer support to the other candidate for the position. I was just pointing out what I feel is an alarming new approach to crime in a city that means something to me and sharing my own experiences. Go see for yourself if you don't believe me. Hang out at 33rd and 7th for half an hour and then you might have a different point of view.
    Doubt a whole lot changes when someone isn't prosecuted for weed or prostitution.

The armed robbery bit refers to use of fake guns and only when no one is hurt. Pistol whip someone and you still get armed robbery on top of everything else.

Load Metric
    Rikers in fall...

Name:  rikers-overcrowding-01.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  219.0 KB

...image provided by hippies from NY Post.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/photos...ly-conditions/

I think you could fit a few more there. Doubt anything bad happens when they get out.

Comments

country978: I dont condone that. Rikers seems to be cruel and unusual punishment

OSA: Good. Maybe people will do everything possible to not end up in there

Load Metric
    Name:  Tilt-A-Whirl_in_Saskatchewan (4).jpg
Views: 214
Size:  1.17 MB

Load Metric
    Ultra liberals are now coming out against Gascon so his days may be numbered.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Democrats are terrible at handling crime and punishment issues.

Always have been, always will be.

That's a large reason they got clobbered in 1994 (when NYC was also a disaster, then it got better under Giuliani, now it's getting bad again), and it's a large reason they will get clobbered in 2022.

The reason Democrats will always lose violent crime issues is because they're all about the misguided effort to "rehabilitate" career criminals, as well as play identity politics with arrest/sentencing guidelines. Republicans simply want violent criminals locked up and punished appropriately. The GOP approach is far more popular with independent voters, especially when crime issues get a lot of attention.

This is also why cities consistently controlled by Democrats always turn into crime-ridden shitholes.

Hey Pol Pot give me with break with that 'tough on crime' nonsense. Yea it's a catchy slogan and all but in practice it's a source of unimaginable destruction and it doesn't rehab prisoners it makes them worse.
    Lets get to the real root cause.
    Name:  DIVERSITY77.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  33.2 KB
    Let that sink in.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I have no emotional attachment to NYC, San Fran, Minneapolis, or even my own former city, Los Angeles. That being said, I actually think it might be a good thing these cities follow through with their progressive social science experiments. Not because I think they will be anything but disasters, but because empirical data clearly showing this to be the case could prove beneficial to everyone in the long run. I was actually disappointed Minneapolis didn't follow through with its "defund the police" campaign.

Comments

Tellafriend: agreed re Minn; was waiting for the fun

Diamond
    Load Metric
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/man-28...-station-cops/

A case in point from earlier today. A man randomly slashed a teenager at Penn Station.

The attack comes two days after a 21-year-old homeless man allegedly slashed another man, 31, who confronted him for masturbating in front of his wife outside Penn Station.
    Guy jerks off in front of my wife and slashes me? Lol. What a beta male. If Im gonna confront someone like that and he attacks me(which Im expecting him to) that nigga getting bodied. Word to my mother. I dont care if Im bleeding, that dude is ending up in the ICU. On God.

Comments

country978: youre right. choice is to fuck the dude up immediately or look away and keep walking

Load Metric
    https://nypost.com/2022/01/07/man-28...-station-cops/

A case in point from earlier today. A man randomly slashed a teenager at Penn Station.

The attack comes two days after a 21-year-old homeless man allegedly slashed another man, 31, who confronted him for masturbating in front of his wife outside Penn Station.
    Some of this is just actually just, Population density

Penn Station and NYC in that area you do get crazy, its gotten better much better but. Huge population density and so you do get, crazy and weird with that

Comments

OSA: 100%

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    lol violent crime has been decreasing in the US for decades, sounds like this DA just wants to focus on the crime part of the equation over the bullshit that republicans want to throw everyone in jail for. I love how they brought up Dinkins run as a disaster because of crack while simultaneously ignoring the fact that crack didn't increase the crime rate, crack being illegal and people fighting over the turf to deal crack increased the crime rate

Violent crime was decreasing in the US between the early 1990s and 2014.

Then came "The Ferguson Effect".

It's been going up since then, and has really rocketed up over the past 2 years in some places.

However, unlike the '70s and '80s, when crime was going up around the country at a fairly uniform rate, we are now seeing disproportionate rises in violent crime in certain cities. Places like LA, NY, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, and several other big cities are seeing a huge crime problem, and the left's response has been to decriminalize or non-prosecute so-called "minor" crimes, which has led to making the matter even worse.

At the same time, crime in a lot of suburbs and certain medium-sized cities hasn't risen much, or in some cases has gone down. This allows the left to lump all the numbers together, and minimize what's really going on in the worst spots.

In the entire modern history of the US, more police on the streets, longer sentences, and more prosecution of all crimes has led to a lower violent crime rate, and the reverse has led to a higher crime rate.

The left sees the attempt to incarcerate fewer people as compassionate and anti-racist, but in reality these policies directly harm law-abiding people of color. That's why the entire "Defund the Police" movement (and yes, I know what was really meant by that) was popular with white liberals in the suburbs, but unpopular in high crime neighborhoods where the police are actually needed.
    so would you say that means violent crime has been decreasing for the last few decades?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I moved to the city in he 90s. Back hen, we had 2000 homicides per ear and jus lawlessness. Shad characters selling bootleg and stolen things on he street, drug use, fights, etc. People complained about crime and affordability.

Homicides - as a general metric for serious crime - have fallen to under <300 per ear and "skyrocketed" to ~500 this ear. Certainly, this is no great, but in perspective, NYC is still one of the safest big cities in the USA. There is more homelessness, petty crime, but overall today is NOTHING like the 90s. People still complain about crime and affordability.

People that come to visit might be shocked a little by the shadiness and some sketchiness. i suspect those people come from the stable burbs with hardly any people (and therefore hardly any problems) and have not been to other US cities.

There are plenty of doomsayers highlighting what businesses closed, who moved out, whatever. I don't doubt these stories. What i do know from my daily life is that multiple high rises are going up like weeds in my neighborhood. 1.5-2 million for 1 bedroom and they are filling up fast. Multiple more projects are braking ground. The biggest companies in the USA are opening up huge offices in the city, from google to Facebook to Amazon. If this city is dying, i am not seeing it. It might turn into a shitty and expensive office park, but it is not dying from what i see day to day.

Comments

country978:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by apwiz View Post
    I moved to the city in he 90s. Back hen, we had 2000 homicides per ear and jus lawlessness. Shad characters selling bootleg and stolen things on he street, drug use, fights, etc. People complained about crime and affordability.

Homicides - as a general metric for serious crime - have fallen to under <300 per ear and "skyrocketed" to ~500 this ear. Certainly, this is no great, but in perspective, NYC is still one of the safest big cities in the USA. There is more homelessness, petty crime, but overall today is NOTHING like the 90s. People still complain about crime and affordability.

People that come to visit might be shocked a little by the shadiness and some sketchiness. i suspect those people come from the stable burbs with hardly any people (and therefore hardly any problems) and have not been to other US cities.

There are plenty of doomsayers highlighting what businesses closed, who moved out, whatever. I don't doubt these stories. What i do know from my daily life is that multiple high rises are going up like weeds in my neighborhood. 1.5-2 million for 1 bedroom and they are filling up fast. Multiple more projects are braking ground. The biggest companies in the USA are opening up huge offices in the city, from google to Facebook to Amazon. If this city is dying, i am not seeing it. It might turn into a shitty and expensive office park, but it is not dying from what i see day to day.
    Thank you for that perspective. Its good to hear from local people who've been there awhile. My own point of view is not shaped by daily experiences like yours. For your sake and that of the city entire I hope things will not deteriorate into what the 90's were like there.

Thread Information