Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NFT Thread

Load Metric
    nfts with utility are where its at, a bunch of zed run people just got into footium past 24 hours and price has rocketed

floor now is .25 and my avg cost around .06 so yeah nice returns if i were to sell but im gonna let it ride until 1 eth a club or they go to zero lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Lots of buying the last few days. Seeing a lot of projects 2x overnight. Bored Ape keeps pushing higher.

Bored Ape = 72.5 ETH
    Mutant Ape = 15.7ETH

Load Metric
    had a look at defi kingdoms its absolutely smashing it right now but i think the big returns there have already been had by the people who got in there early

im really looking for games in early stages you got anything else on your radar ?
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    drake, thanks for creating this. I've been very impressed with your results thus far in the NFT space, and you seem to know a whole lot.

I have not gotten very involved in NFTs. My main foray was into ZED, and that was more for fun than money.

It's been almost a year since the NFT scene first exploded, but among those who have jumped in, we've seen a mixture of those with big gains, big losses, and breakevenish results. So we're not sitting in the place where anyone who got involved over the summer is necessarily killing it. Some of those people are a good deal down.

It seems like one of those things where you need to pick the right project to back -- and get in early, of course. This is similar to crypto, but seems even more extreme.

In your opinion, what draws your eye to certain early NFT projects as opposed to others?

Load Metric
    yeah we defo needed a proper thread just for general nft shenanigans

like i said todge you wanna be looking for things with utility or that do something different but really you already got the basics, look for interesting projects get in early and hope other people like them too

Load Metric
    sorare i wasnt that early for a game was first released in 2019 but was still early enough back in march combined with being good at the game to to have 6x'd my initial investment

footium was super early for, clubs only minted a month ago and i was in before the public mint, already seen a 5x on those clubs with much more to come

i rolled a bunch of sorare profits into footium early so for like 8k usd ive got the 14th largest wallet right now

game still yet to launch if it blows up could be looking at 6 figure returns over the next few months but the key was being in the right place at the right time, get in early and throw down a good amount and see what happens

Load Metric
    Don't know about the rest of you but I'll be loading up on Richard Karn NFTs.

https://superfandom.io/richardkarn

Comments

JACKDANIELS: BLOWING UP HUGE

Load Metric
    idk much about zed but are you familiar with GVG Genetics todge ?

it was GVG tweeting about footium that got a bunch of zed people jumping in causing the big spike so i think maybe that name could mean something to you

Bronze
    Load Metric
    drake, thanks for creating this. I've been very impressed with your results thus far in the NFT space, and you seem to know a whole lot.

I have not gotten very involved in NFTs. My main foray was into ZED, and that was more for fun than money.

It's been almost a year since the NFT scene first exploded, but among those who have jumped in, we've seen a mixture of those with big gains, big losses, and breakevenish results. So we're not sitting in the place where anyone who got involved over the summer is necessarily killing it. Some of those people are a good deal down.

It seems like one of those things where you need to pick the right project to back -- and get in early, of course. This is similar to crypto, but seems even more extreme.

In your opinion, what draws your eye to certain early NFT projects as opposed to others?
    The space has evolved quite a bit in the last 8 months. Last May - June, almost every project that launched would sell out either immediately or within 24 hours. Most of these projects were just JPGs of every type of animal you can imagine (elephants, birds, frogs, monkeys, etc) with no utility whatsoever. Play to earn gaming seems to be where the money is going to flow along with Metaverse. I don't really get the hype on Metaverse but I am following the trend for the $$.

I used to spend a lot of time trying to research the project and the team, but I do a lot less research now and go hard on 3-4 projects knowing I need just of 1 of the 3 to explode. I spend a lot of time in discord and twitter to hear the trends.

I've been dabbling a little bit the last couple weeks in liquidity pools, which have been paying a nice return.

You don't always have to be early or the first one in to do well here. As an example, a project I had been following for 6 months was trading around 0.25 ETH. I invested about 4 ETH 2 weeks ago and floor is currently 0.75 ETH. Prices ebb and flow just like a stock so sometimes its about watching and waiting for the entry, as well as timing the exit.

I was in Zed early. I scored my first horse in a drop last summer but got frustrated when they had so many failed drops. I had a view horses that avg ~10 odds at all distances but they still were not profitable so I just lost the patience. I like the concept but I couldn't figure out how to profit. I also dabbled with Axie Infinity and have 4 people in the Phillipines that play as my "scholars". At one point I was earning $200 a week but the in game currency has plummeted.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: good info
    Last edited by drake; 01-02-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    had a look at defi kingdoms its absolutely smashing it right now but i think the big returns there have already been had by the people who got in there early

im really looking for games in early stages you got anything else on your radar ?
    Nothing else on the gaming side. I generally suck at games.

I was going to dabble in 'Ice Poker' which is a play to earn poker game in the metaverse (Decentraland). You need a certain NFT to be able to play in the game and then you can earn crypto playing. You can actually sponsor someone else to play for you and share in the earnings. I like this concept as I have been doing this with Axie Infinity. I'll run the math this week on how much you can earn in the poker game. I think the NFT floor for this was around 1 ETH.

Load Metric
    yup agreed play to earn is where nfts will really end up shining imo and ya discord / twitter are the best places to get info about the project

the sponsorship / scholarship model is interesting, kinda feels a bit exploitative but at the same time the scholars are making way more than they would working a regular job in their home country so idk

had a lquick ook at ice poker but 1eth floor is way too high for me to get involved, id much rather just drop 3k on stars or something lol

Load Metric
    NFT games are very hot right now and will explode in popularity this year.

Axie Infinity and Thetan Arena are doing great.

You can make some money with these games but you must spend a little crypto on it.

Check out these games in 2022...

illuvium
    Guild of Guardians
    Sidus Heroes
    Project Quantum
    Genopets
    NitroLeague

In the future, your kid will never have to leave home to make money.

He will instead sit on his ass playing video games and making thousands of dollars a month or more doing it.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: nice ill check these out

Bronze
    Load Metric
    yup agreed play to earn is where nfts will really end up shining imo and ya discord / twitter are the best places to get info about the project

the sponsorship / scholarship model is interesting, kinda feels a bit exploitative but at the same time the scholars are making way more than they would working a regular job in their home country so idk

had a lquick ook at ice poker but 1eth floor is way too high for me to get involved, id much rather just drop 3k on stars or something lol
    Eh its not really exploitative. Even though Axie has taken a dive, it would still cost like $800 for someone to buy 3 of the NFTs and play the game. Under the scholarship model, I pay the $800 and let them use the NFTs for free. In return, I give them 65% of the earnings. They are earning more than their day job.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post

Eh its not really exploitative. Even though Axie has taken a dive, it would still cost like $800 for someone to buy 3 of the NFTs and play the game. Under the scholarship model, I pay the $800 and let them use the NFTs for free. In return, I give them 65% of the earnings. They are earning more than their day job.
    ya for sure i get this, nothing really against the scholarship model and i may end up doing something similar with some of my footium clubs but it just feels a bit wrong on some level ldk prob more to do with global wage inequality than anything else

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post

ya for sure i get this, nothing really against the scholarship model and i may end up doing something similar with some of my footium clubs but it just feels a bit wrong on some level ldk prob more to do with global wage inequality than anything else
    For sure. Even though Axie hasn't been profitable for me I throw my scholars rewards every now and then. Sometimes free ETH or letting them keep 100% of the proceeds some weeks.

I think for ICE POKER, it could be profitable as long as the NFT floor doesn't tank.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Crypto taking a nap but NFTs setting volume records

Floor Prices (these are just some "blue chip" projects I keep tabs on to gauge the overall market)
    Bored Ap = 77 ETH
    Mutant Ape = 14.7 ETH
    Doodles = 11.4 ETH
    Cool Cats = 10.9
    World of Women = 3.9 ETH

I aped into a few projects the last week: CryptoMories, Alien Frens, Cool Mans, PhantaBears. Did minimal research but followed the momentum. These are all up 50%+ since I bought.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Another free airdrop today. Looks Rare is a new market place like Opensea. The team is a bunch of NFT whales such as Pranksy, Dingaling, etc. The claim of their token, $LOOKS, is based on your Opensea NFT spend.

https://twitter.com/LooksRareNFT

I qualified for 2,500. Currently trading at $2.6. I dumped it all into the liquidity pool to earn fees. You can also stake it on their site.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

I’ve had a couple offers around $10k for this one.

only $10k is that USD?

I'm sure its hard to part with such a stunning piece of art...

my daughter tells me influencers are getting rich on these things. jets, mansions, swimming pools you know the good life, no need to work any more.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Thread Information