Thread: Kicking in the New Year!

Load Metric

Kicking in the New Year!

Beats the hell out of those pathetically scripted TV New Year’s celebration shows.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On a related note, I'm pretty sure the "Los Angeles" party on ABC with Ciara was recorded weeks in advance, as per usual.

And every attendee is an actor.

Load Metric
    On a related note, I'm pretty sure the "Los Angeles" party on ABC with Ciara was recorded weeks in advance, as per usual.

masked up and triple vaxxed I'm sure!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Actually the good news for these people is that they probably didn't get Omicron, because this stupid thing was recorded weeks in advance, and it hadn't taken over yet!

BTW, I discovered this was recorded weeks in advance about 15 or so years ago. This was when Fergie was doing it. I thought to myself, "You know, it would be pretty cool if I could find a way to attend this thing", and looked if it was possible. At first I was dumb enough to think that it might just be a matter of buying a ticket, but I quickly learned that wasn't true, when I couldn't find any reference to such a thing being on sale. I realized that this had to be one of these invite-only things, and that you needed some connection to get in.

At the time I wasn't ancient like I am now, so I wouldn't have stuck out like a sore thumb in that crowd, which looked 21-35. I thought there was a chance I could get in, provided I had such a connection. I called up someone in the industry, who may or may not have been the man known today as Harry Hollywood. This person broke the bad news to me: "That happened weeks ago! It's all recorded on a soundstage, and everyone there is a paid actor!" He also told me to check around and I'd notice that Fergie, who was supposedly "live in Hollywood", was actually performing somewhere else in an unrelated show. Indeed, she was performing in Vegas that night. Oooooooops!

I didn't even bother to ask him if there was a way to get in the following year. The whole thing seemed so unappealing if it was a fake NYE party in mid-December.

Furthermore, he told me that it was nowhere near as fun as it looked. Despite the rapid-fire succession of A/B-list performers, the attendees were under strict instruction to constantly look alert, happy, and repeatedly cheer and dance. He said this got really old after about 10 minutes, and most of them were hating life, even if they otherwise would have enjoyed the performances.

In other words, LOL Hollywood.

Load Metric
    Actually the good news for these people is that they probably didn't get Omicron, because this stupid thing was recorded weeks in advance, and it hadn't taken over yet!

BTW, I discovered this was recorded weeks in advance about 15 or so years ago. This was when Fergie was doing it. I thought to myself, "You know, it would be pretty cool if I could find a way to attend this thing", and looked if it was possible. At first I was dumb enough to think that it might just be a matter of buying a ticket, but I quickly learned that wasn't true, when I couldn't find any reference to such a thing being on sale. I realized that this had to be one of these invite-only things, and that you needed some connection to get in.

At the time I wasn't ancient like I am now, so I wouldn't have stuck out like a sore thumb in that crowd, which looked 21-35. I thought there was a chance I could get in, provided I had such a connection. I called up someone in the industry, who may or may not have been the man known today as Harry Hollywood. This person broke the bad news to me: "That happened weeks ago! It's all recorded on a soundstage, and everyone there is a paid actor!" He also told me to check around and I'd notice that Fergie, who was supposedly "live in Hollywood", was actually performing somewhere else in an unrelated show. Indeed, she was performing in Vegas that night. Oooooooops!

I didn't even bother to ask him if there was a way to get in the following year. The whole thing seemed so unappealing if it was a fake NYE party in mid-December.

Furthermore, he told me that it was nowhere near as fun as it looked. Despite the rapid-fire succession of A/B-list performers, the attendees were under strict instruction to constantly look alert, happy, and repeatedly cheer and dance. He said this got really old after about 10 minutes, and most of them were hating life, even if they otherwise would have enjoyed the performances.

fucking Hollywood

Load Metric

Even more lol:

ABC rang in the new year with the best numbers of any broadcaster, as Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve averaged 8.4 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating during primetime — exactly matching last year’s fast nationals.

Thread Information