Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick as can be

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So did FRANKRIZZO live?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So did FRANKRIZZO live?
    Once Tom Hanks died from Vid in March 2020 I don’t think anyone survived it.
    Last edited by The Boz; 12-30-2021 at 04:53 PM.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    did not read
    That's your problem, though. You don't read anything, including the links that purport to support your position. Had you read them, you'd realize that contradict you strongly.

go get your second booster(4th shot) faggot dweeb then tell me about being a conspiracy theorist

everything I said two years ago has come true
    Nothing you have said has come true.

Vaccines work. Social distancing works. Masks work.

Hopefully, you and everyone else that are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories and what some rando posted on Facebook than the worldwide consensus of people who have spent their lives studying virology will come to your senses in 2022.

It's not political. It's a public health matter.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    covid omnicron symptoms same as cold except omnicron includes loss of smell?

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...oms-difference
    It's still a bit early to know for sure, but it would indeed be fantastic news if as Druff stated, the omicron variant becomes dominant, and the symptoms are significantly less lethal than previous incarnations of CODVID-19.

Load Metric
    So did FRANKRIZZO live?
    Still Alive

Comments

dwai:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

High chance it's Omicron. You should stay home until these symtoms subside.
    Honestly, why? Unless he feels like shit and doesn’t want to go out no reason to change his life. He is just as likely to spread it the guy next to you in the store that has no symptoms.

This changing your life bullshit and not working if you can is so weak.

Cuck world.
    People will eventually get tired of these Covidiots and realize the Chinese response is far superior.
    That would look something like this.
    Druff we need to tag trace and ID this Rizzo and get him fitted with an ankle monitor, have his door welded shut and alert the compliance snipers in the area.
    Only then would we truly be free.

Jk Good luck

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    That's your problem, though. You don't read anything, including the links that purport to support your position. Had you read them, you'd realize that contradict you strongly.

go get your second booster(4th shot) faggot dweeb then tell me about being a conspiracy theorist

Hopefully, you and everyone else that are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories and what some rando posted on Facebook than the worldwide consensus of people who have spent their lives studying virology will come to your senses in 2022.

cope faggot none of it worked

Gold
    Load Metric

The masking/distancing argument is dead and done. You cannot lecture about the efficacy of masks and then support school closures at the same time. If the masking and distancing are as important as you claim there should never be any reason to close a school and yet here we are with teachers unions throughout the country clamoring to close down schools again and further damage the children they've been entrusted to protect.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    So did FRANKRIZZO live?
    Still Alive
    More info si'l vous plait

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    The masking/distancing argument is dead and done. You cannot lecture about the efficacy of masks and then support school closures at the same time. If the masking and distancing are as important as you claim there should never be any reason to close a school and yet here we are with teachers unions throughout the country clamoring to close down schools again and further damage the children they've been entrusted to protect.
    I have never supported school closures; I'm not sure where you get that idea. It was in fact very difficult to home school, and we were thrilled when our schools re-opened.

I agree that the masking/distancing argument is dead and done; they are both effective, and the scientific census around the world supports this. If you disagree, present proof.

Comments

The Boz: What a fucking joke. Damn some people will never get it. CUCK world.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I have never supported school closures; I'm not sure where you get that idea. It was in fact very difficult to home school, and we were thrilled when our schools re-opened.

I agree that the masking/distancing argument is dead and done; they are both effective, and the scientific census around the world supports this. If you disagree, present proof.
    I'm just an innocent bystander to all of this, Khalwat, I don't need to prove anything. I like to chime in with my opinion from time to time. I do all I can to ignore covid and just go about my business. The teachers unions want to close down schools again. I don't know exactly in how many places I've just heard of a bunch. It would seem to me that if these rulers of children and parents have declared that the schools need to be closed again they are also declaring that masks and distancing policies are a failure. In other words, if masking and distancing were effective there would be no further discussion about closing a single school yet, here we are.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    I'm just an innocent bystander to all of this, Khalwat, I don't need to prove anything. I like to chime in with my opinion from time to time. I do all I can to ignore covid and just go about my business. The teachers unions want to close down schools again. I don't know exactly in how many places I've just heard of a bunch. It would seem to me that if these rulers of children and parents have declared that the schools need to be closed again they are also declaring that masks and distancing policies are a failure. In other words, if masking and distancing were effective there would be no further discussion about closing a single school yet, here we are.
    Agreed, you can't have it both ways -- though I suspect they would argue that it's about protecting the teachers and other adult/at risk staff.

I'm very much hoping we don't have school closures again, which I think is likely the case of most parents, given the hardship of trying to homeschool while also working. And it does seem likely that the current variant -- while virulent -- is not lethal like its predecessors, and would not warrant the same response.

Comments

country978: at least khalwat is easy to talk to. must be a good dad

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

dude ive been dead silent on this issue. but you need to log the fuck off for a while. there is no fucking consensus on masks and distancing. none. zero.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

dude ive been dead silent on this issue. but you need to log the fuck off for a while. there is no fucking consensus on masks and distancing. none. zero.
    You should have stuck with your original plan.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

Do you and Pooh exchange pm's on a regular basis?

Silver
    Load Metric

Like Katt Williams always says, "ain't nothing worse than a smart dumb nigga!”

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

Incorrect ->

Great article from PNAS on the effectiveness of masks against COVID-19:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118#sec-22

It is a research-based, neutral look at the documented efficacy of cloth and other types of masks, and includes a very large References section for the studies it cites. The studies and the article were both conducted and written by scientists who specialize in infectious diseases.

Excerpts:

Do cloth masks work?

Masks prevent touching of the mouth and nose

One possible additional benefit of masks as PPE is that they do not allow hands to directly touch the nose and mouth, which may be a transmission vector. The lipid barrier that protects viruses is destroyed within 5 min of touching the hands (95), and wearing a mask during that period could be protective. However, there are no case reports or laboratory evidence to suggest that touching the mask can cause infection.
    What about Risk Compensation Behavior (the bike helmet argument)?

One concern around public health messaging promoting the use of face covering has been that members of the public may use risk compensation behavior. This involves fear that the public would neglect other measures like physical distancing and hand hygiene, based on overvaluing the protection a mask may offer due to an exaggerated or false sense of security (96). Similar arguments have previously been made for HIV prevention strategies (97, 98), motorcycle helmet laws (99), seat belts (100), and alpine skiing helmets (101). However, contrary to predictions, risk compensation behaviors have not been significant at a population level, being outweighed by increased safety in each case (100, 102⇓⇓–105). These findings strongly suggest that, instead of withholding a preventative tool, accompanying it with accurate messaging that combines different preventative measures would display trust in the general public’s ability to act responsibly and empower citizens.
    What about mask mandates?

Modeling suggests (38, 39) that population-level compliance with public mask wearing of 70% combined with contact tracing would be critical to halt epidemic growth. Population-level uptake of an intervention to benefit the whole population is similar to vaccinations. A common policy response to this conundrum is to ensure compliance by using laws and regulations, such as widespread state laws in the United States which require that students have vaccinations to attend school. Research shows that the strength of the mandate to vaccinate greatly influences compliance rates for vaccines and that policies that set a higher bar for vaccine exemptions result in higher vaccination rates (136). The same approach is now being used in many jurisdictions to increase mask wearing compliance, by mandating mask use in a variety of settings (such as public transportation or grocery stores or even at all times outside the home). Population analysis suggests that these laws are effective at increasing compliance and slowing the spread of COVID-19 (29, 31, 32).
    Conclusion:

Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission: Nonmedical masks use materials that obstruct particles of the necessary size; people are most infectious in the initial period postinfection, where it is common to have few or no symptoms (45, 46, 141); nonmedical masks have been effective in reducing transmission of respiratory viruses; and places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have shown substantially lower community transmission.

The available evidence suggests that near-universal adoption of nonmedical masks when out in public, in combination with complementary public health measures, could successfully reduce Re to below 1, thereby reducing community spread if such measures are sustained. Economic analysis suggests that mask wearing mandates could add 1 trillion dollars to the US GDP (32, 34).

Models suggest that public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high (39). We recommend that mask use requirements are implemented by governments, or, when governments do not, by organizations that provide public-facing services. Such mandates must be accompanied by measures to ensure access to masks, possibly including distribution and rationing mechanisms so that they do not become discriminatory. Given the value of the source control principle, especially for presymptomatic people, it is not sufficient for only employees to wear masks; customers must wear masks as well.

It is also important for health authorities to provide clear guidelines for the production, use, and sanitization or reuse of face masks, and consider their distribution as shortages allow. Clear and implementable guidelines can help increase compliance, and bring communities closer to the goal of reducing and ultimately stopping the spread of COVID-19.

When used in conjunction with widespread testing, contact tracing, quarantining of anyone that may be infected, hand washing, and physical distancing, face masks are a valuable tool to reduce community transmission. All of these measures, through their effect on Re, have the potential to reduce the number of infections. As governments exit lockdowns, keeping transmissions low enough to preserve health care capacity will be critical until a vaccine can be developed.
    You may not like wearing masks (I personally hate it), but they are not merely "performative".

They also are not 100% effective, but they have efficacy, just like vaccines., seatbelts, etc.

There is a reason why masks are recommended by every credible medical and governmental institution across the world.

Changing your mind based on evidence is the basis for science.

My favorite rant on the subject from UFC MMA commentator Luke Thomas:

Bonus videos:

Comments

dwai: propagandist gets red

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Incorrect ->

Great article from PNAS on the effectiveness of masks against COVID-19:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118#sec-22

It is a research-based, neutral look at the documented efficacy of cloth and other types of masks, and includes a very large References section for the studies it cites. The studies and the article were both conducted and written by scientists who specialize in infectious diseases.

Excerpts:

Do cloth masks work?

Masks prevent touching of the mouth and nose

One possible additional benefit of masks as PPE is that they do not allow hands to directly touch the nose and mouth, which may be a transmission vector. The lipid barrier that protects viruses is destroyed within 5 min of touching the hands (95), and wearing a mask during that period could be protective. However, there are no case reports or laboratory evidence to suggest that touching the mask can cause infection.
    What about Risk Compensation Behavior (the bike helmet argument)?

One concern around public health messaging promoting the use of face covering has been that members of the public may use risk compensation behavior. This involves fear that the public would neglect other measures like physical distancing and hand hygiene, based on overvaluing the protection a mask may offer due to an exaggerated or false sense of security (96). Similar arguments have previously been made for HIV prevention strategies (97, 98), motorcycle helmet laws (99), seat belts (100), and alpine skiing helmets (101). However, contrary to predictions, risk compensation behaviors have not been significant at a population level, being outweighed by increased safety in each case (100, 102⇓⇓–105). These findings strongly suggest that, instead of withholding a preventative tool, accompanying it with accurate messaging that combines different preventative measures would display trust in the general public’s ability to act responsibly and empower citizens.
    What about mask mandates?

Modeling suggests (38, 39) that population-level compliance with public mask wearing of 70% combined with contact tracing would be critical to halt epidemic growth. Population-level uptake of an intervention to benefit the whole population is similar to vaccinations. A common policy response to this conundrum is to ensure compliance by using laws and regulations, such as widespread state laws in the United States which require that students have vaccinations to attend school. Research shows that the strength of the mandate to vaccinate greatly influences compliance rates for vaccines and that policies that set a higher bar for vaccine exemptions result in higher vaccination rates (136). The same approach is now being used in many jurisdictions to increase mask wearing compliance, by mandating mask use in a variety of settings (such as public transportation or grocery stores or even at all times outside the home). Population analysis suggests that these laws are effective at increasing compliance and slowing the spread of COVID-19 (29, 31, 32).
    Conclusion:

Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use as source control to reduce community transmission: Nonmedical masks use materials that obstruct particles of the necessary size; people are most infectious in the initial period postinfection, where it is common to have few or no symptoms (45, 46, 141); nonmedical masks have been effective in reducing transmission of respiratory viruses; and places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have shown substantially lower community transmission.

The available evidence suggests that near-universal adoption of nonmedical masks when out in public, in combination with complementary public health measures, could successfully reduce Re to below 1, thereby reducing community spread if such measures are sustained. Economic analysis suggests that mask wearing mandates could add 1 trillion dollars to the US GDP (32, 34).

Models suggest that public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high (39). We recommend that mask use requirements are implemented by governments, or, when governments do not, by organizations that provide public-facing services. Such mandates must be accompanied by measures to ensure access to masks, possibly including distribution and rationing mechanisms so that they do not become discriminatory. Given the value of the source control principle, especially for presymptomatic people, it is not sufficient for only employees to wear masks; customers must wear masks as well.

It is also important for health authorities to provide clear guidelines for the production, use, and sanitization or reuse of face masks, and consider their distribution as shortages allow. Clear and implementable guidelines can help increase compliance, and bring communities closer to the goal of reducing and ultimately stopping the spread of COVID-19.

When used in conjunction with widespread testing, contact tracing, quarantining of anyone that may be infected, hand washing, and physical distancing, face masks are a valuable tool to reduce community transmission. All of these measures, through their effect on Re, have the potential to reduce the number of infections. As governments exit lockdowns, keeping transmissions low enough to preserve health care capacity will be critical until a vaccine can be developed.
    You may not like wearing masks (I personally hate it), but they are not merely "performative".

They also are not 100% effective, but they have efficacy, just like vaccines., seatbelts, etc.

There is a reason why masks are recommended by every credible medical and governmental institution across the world.

Changing your mind based on evidence is the basis for science.

My favorite rant on the subject from UFC MMA commentator Luke Thomas:

Bonus videos:

shut it down youtube researcher, propagandist

Gold
    Load Metric
    Khalwat, do you think you're going to change anyones mind at this point or is everyone pretty much all set in their own ways?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Khalwat, do you think you're going to change anyones mind at this point or is everyone pretty much all set in their own ways?
    I’ve already made this point, yet the same few people keep making threads saying the same things over and over to people who will never agree with them. Everyone that has chosen a hill to die on continue to let Covid rule their lives in one way or another. No one will ever admit they were wrong about anything so what’s the point?

All the normal people quit preaching long ago and just live how they feel most comfortable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    I’ve already made this point, yet the same few people keep making threads saying the same things over and over to people who will never agree with them. Everyone that has chosen a hill to die on continue to let Covid rule their lives in one way or another. No one will ever admit they were wrong about anything so what’s the point?

All the normal people quit preaching long ago and just live how they feel most comfortable.
    khalwat is the only one creating propaganda threads to post his propaganda into

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ainst-COVID-19

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-likely-to-die

Thread Information