Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A&E Sept 11th Marathon

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

A&E Sept 11th Marathon

It looks like A&E is running a 9/11 marathon tomorrow. Death and destruction all day.

On that day I was recording the proceedings on VHS but I have never looked at that tape. It's still too disturbing for me. I did watch the French documentary where two journalists happened to be recording the life and times of a NY Fire Department station crew and that was it for me...

Will watch football instead

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    It looks like A&E is running a 9/11 marathon tomorrow. Death and destruction all day.

On that day I was recording the proceedings on VHS but I have never looked at that tape. It's still too disturbing for me. I did watch the French documentary where two journalists happened to be recording the life and times of a NY Fire Department station crew and that was it for me...

It was interesting how they were showing the towers crashing down nonstop during the first few days, but then abruptly stopped showing it because they were afraid it was "too depressing".

Horribly depressing, yes, but you can't avoid history and reality because they are depressing.

If you really don't want to be depressed, don't ever listen to the Kevin Cosgrove 911 call. I couldn't get that shit out of my mind for a long time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It was interesting how they were showing the towers crashing down nonstop during the first few days, but then abruptly stopped showing it because they were afraid it was "too depressing".

Horribly depressing, yes, but you can't avoid history and reality because they are depressing.

If you really don't want to be depressed, don't ever listen to the Kevin Cosgrove 911 call. I couldn't get that shit out of my mind for a long time.
    I think the all the 9/11 footage was quit being shown was to keep people from getting pissed off at the Muslims.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm sure it's a personality problem but I don't watch the local news or the national because of the guaranteed sorrow that dominates

the "show". I worked in this business for a few years" radio" not tv but the same principle was in place......the more outstanding the higher the placement on the order.

"News" is given precedent because of the degree horriblebleness
    Last edited by limitles; 09-09-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Load Metric

As I recall I think there's a poster on DD that was at the Pentagon on 9/11 (actually spent 3 days there on and off) and has debated those who've sworn that it was a conspiracy. The guy ended up with PTSD after the whole thing and quit Fire and EMS in 2003 over it, and in fact lost a good friend who was in NY on business and was also a volunteer FF/EMT in the same county outside DC. The guy who died was 4 blocks away from the Towers and ran into Tower 1 trying to help and was in it when it came down..

Load Metric
    Those 9-11 conspiracy guys are so fucking insane. All they are doing is rubbing salt in wounds of victims families. I got pissed whenever I heard that shit and I am not even related to any ppl killed on 9-11.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

I think the all the 9/11 footage was quit being shown was to keep people from getting pissed off at the Muslims.
    + 10,000

Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

As I recall I think there's a poster on DD that was at the Pentagon on 9/11 (actually spent 3 days there on and off) and has debated those who've sworn that it was a conspiracy. The guy ended up with PTSD after the whole thing and quit Fire and EMS in 2003 over it, and in fact lost a good friend who was in NY on business and was also a volunteer FF/EMT in the same county outside DC. The guy who died was 4 blocks away from the Towers and ran into Tower 1 trying to help and was in it when it came down..
    never forget the muslims did it and never forget our fallen heros
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    from what i recall, less than four thousand people people died on 9/11

not trying to be a dick, but that's a grain of sand in the big scheme of things

i hate this fucking country

Load Metric
    pretty sure about that many military have killed themselves this year, for example

Load Metric
    What a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists. This OBVIOUSLY fell due to "fire".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    pretty sure about that many military have killed themselves this year, for example
    That is v crazy and sad if true.

Load Metric
    They need to speed up those MDMA for PTSD clinical trials

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

What an irredeemably stupid and bigoted person you are.

Did you go around after the Timothy McVeigh and other domestic terrorist stuff saying "never forget those whiteys did it"

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post

What an irredeemably stupid and bigoted person you are.

Did you go around after the Timothy McVeigh and other domestic terrorist stuff saying "never forget those whiteys did it"
    Cmon. We all know from Alex Jones that Oklahoma City was a false flag attack and out national parks are owned by Nato.

Obv joke is bad joke.

The Discovery Channel is starting to get a little ridiculous. They have another "new" 911 tape show. It almost seems if they are now milking 911 for ratings.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
    Those 9-11 conspiracy guys are so fucking insane. All they are doing is rubbing salt in wounds of victims families. I got pissed whenever I heard that shit and I am not even related to any ppl killed on 9-11.

You know what's more insane?

Blind sheep who will drink whatever kool aid the mass media has to offer.

The victims families deserve truth. Someday maybe they will get it.

lol at fire bringing down these buildings. WTC7 moreso.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

So far this year the number of suicides in the military has surged beyond expectations, given that the pace of combat deployments has begun to slow. The Defense Department closely tracks suicides throughout the military but releases its figures only once a year. The Associated Press in June obtained an internal Defense Department document that revealed that there had been 154 suicides in the first 155 days of the year, though June 3. That marked the fastest pace of active-duty military suicides in the nation's decade of war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1792372.html
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

So far this year the number of suicides in the military has surged beyond expectations, given that the pace of combat deployments has begun to slow. The Defense Department closely tracks suicides throughout the military but releases its figures only once a year. The Associated Press in June obtained an internal Defense Department document that revealed that there had been 154 suicides in the first 155 days of the year, though June 3. That marked the fastest pace of active-duty military suicides in the nation's decade of war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1792372.html
    So Willie came pretty, pretty close. And lol at "less than four thousand"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

+ 10,000

are you joking with posts like this? If no, wtf is wrong with you?

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

+ 10,000

are you joking with posts like this? If no, wtf is wrong with you?

He is an open racist, doesn't surprise me. His IQ won't allow him to properly weigh facts against his opinion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BuSTMeANuT View Post
    What a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists. This OBVIOUSLY fell due to "fire".

Still waiting on a myth buster....

Thread Information