Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got incredibly sick in the middle of the desert on Thursday night, and thought I might die out there

Load Metric
    Did you find the time to lodge a complaint about the state of the gas station bathroom amid thinking you were dying?

Comments

dwai: LOL
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Did you find the time to lodge a complaint about the state of the gas station bathroom amid thinking you were dying?
    I went into that bathroom thinking they might lodge a complaint against me, once I was done with it.

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

Pablo:

Load Metric
    Something as simple as eating/drinking the combination of a can of Red Bull and a bag of Combos (pretzel+peanut butter) can bring on the feeling you felt, Todd. It happened to me in the desert of Vermont one time, and I feared death as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I herrrrrd Israel giving out a 4th booster so like that is what you need.
    Since receiving the Pfizer booster in mid-October:

Mid October (right after booster): Three days of illness, near-103 fever
    Late October: Sharp left elbow pain
    Early December: Horrible swelling/pain in left ankle & foot, couldn't walk for 2 days, pain for 2 weeks
    Mid December: Bizarre fast-developing illness resembling stomach flu, going from perfect to feeling deathly ill within 2 hours

THANK YOU FAUCI
    Dude, you’re a hypochondriac who lived in a basement for over a year. Its not Fauci’s fault that you have health problems.

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Load Metric

I tried to use a gas station bathroom, hoping that would help matters. Nope. I was able to crap, but it wasn't diarrhea, and I felt like absolute AIDS sitting there on that grimy toilet.
    So you took a shit in a gas station toilet. And you think that is newsworthy. Everyone else would have taken a shit and left, but you felt the need to document it. WOW.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

I tried to use a gas station bathroom, hoping that would help matters. Nope. I was able to crap, but it wasn't diarrhea, and I felt like absolute AIDS sitting there on that grimy toilet.
    So you took a shit in a gas station toilet. And you think that is newsworthy. Everyone else would have taken a shit and left, but you felt the need to document it. WOW.
    I realize that strangers' toilets full of shit are an everyday encounter for you, but for some of us it's a more noteworthy occasion.

Comments

zealanddonk: Zing!

Load Metric
    You really seem to have significant anxiety that exacerbates any illness or malady since your LPR episode You’re becoming a bit neurotic.

You know I’m never trolling you to be a dick, but it certainly seems you jump to really irrational and unlikely concerns despite being a smart guy.

Bad things cross any of our minds when we get rapidly ill or in pain, but most of us quickly discard those thoughts as extraordinarily unlikely. You don’t seem able to lately.

You’re just about 50. It’s normal to have shit that is inexplicable or painful occur out of nowhere, but to leap mentally multiple times in a few months that you might die or be having a serious life threatening emergency isn’t rational.

I have woke up for the last probably maybe six years with pain so bad in my foot that I can’t put a foot on the ground on random days a couple times a year.

I just wake up, and without being able to understand what brought it upon, and can’t set a foot on the floor without it being agony. It’s not sore. I can’t walk.

I found it bizarre and annoying the first few times it happened, as it hurts like hell and wastes a day or two. but never for a second did I think it was indicative of some dire scenario. I kind of figured out it was likely plantar fasciitis, which was later confirmed when it lasted multiple days. Mine is random. Why it flares up has no rhyme or reason.

I also have developed vertigo that will usually last from a day up to three or four days maybe twice a year. It’s truly miserable when it hits. Nausea, trying to catch yourself from falling when you’re already lying down and unable to open your eyes at times or you’ll puke. I will get up on some random day, and find myself bouncing off a wall and dizzy out of nowhere. It probably first happened four years ago.

Why? I have no idea. I’d guess it’s because I have cervical spine issues and it kind of bothers my ears when my neck is bad.

That’s just a guess. It’s infrequent enough that I don’t have to go to pursue a diagnosis. Maybe I’ll have to at some point.

Once again, I didn’t for a second think I had a brain tumor or anything. My neck pain is frequent, and it’s not tied to the worst days. Its just guess it’s related.

I know both your parents and all your siblings are alive. I assume they are healthy for their respective ages as you’ve never mentioned any serious issue or disappeared for family reasons that suggests something very serious

You’re a very strong believer in genetics over lifestyle and everything else. Yet you aren’t very consistent with that belief. It doesn’t seem to relax you.

Anxiety makes any unpleasant health situation far worse. It replaces rational and logical concerns and puts your thinking into worse case shit any time some legit illness or thing happens, and it isn’t going to get better at our age. You’re going to occasionally have intense and unexplained things. Our bodies have fifty years of wear and tear on them. Our immune system isn’t what it once was. Nothing is.

Honestly, you have a lot of free time it appears, and you really should get into very good physical condition. Not for ego. Just for health, both physical and mental. Just start slow until you get up to an intense 60-90 minutes a day of exercise of your choice. Just work up to an intense 30 minutes of sustained heart pumping.

Not because you’re some obese guy. You’re not. You’re typical for 50ish.

You’ll just feel better, have more energy, likely live slightly longer, and I think it will help your anxiety knowing you’re fit. It might not add multiple years, but the quality of your life will be much improved.

You don’t jump to those worst case conclusions when you’re really fit and have a good family history. You have the time, and it’s silly not to as you seem to enjoy your life and want it to be long.

You do eight hour radio shows. You can spend seven hours a week to feel better and it will alleviate your stress about this stuff. If you don’t do it, there will come a time you wish you had and you probably won’t be able to.

Comments

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Joking aside, BCR gave the War and Peace version of what I was going to suggest that anxiety likely exacerbated something minor.

Guessing the cuisine on a long drive wasn't exactly a well-balanced meal, but really would consider some mental health treatment to keep the hypochondria at bay.

Not trolling or suggesting you don't have any physical symptoms; I've had incredibly minor things scare the fuck out of me back when I was dealing with bad anxiety that were definitely worsened by my state of mind.

Thinking you're going to die is no joke to write off.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Silver
    Load Metric

Early December: Horrible swelling/pain in left ankle & foot, couldn't walk for 2 days, pain for 2 weeks
    Mid December: Bizarre fast-developing illness resembling stomach flu, going from perfect to feeling deathly ill within 2 hours

THANK YOU FAUCI
    Your body is definitely telling you something. One of these instances would be of little worry but you’ve got quite a list going now. May be time for a full and thorough check up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    You really seem to have significant anxiety that exacerbates any illness or malady since your LPR episode You’re becoming a bit neurotic.

You know I’m never trolling you to be a dick, but it certainly seems you jump to really irrational and unlikely concerns despite being a smart guy.

Bad things cross any of our minds when we get rapidly ill or in pain, but most of us quickly discard those thoughts as extraordinarily unlikely. You don’t seem able to lately.

You’re just about 50. It’s normal to have shit that is inexplicable or painful occur out of nowhere, but to leap mentally multiple times in a few months that you might die or be having a serious life threatening emergency isn’t rational.

I have woke up for the last probably maybe six years with pain so bad in my foot that I can’t put a foot on the ground on random days a couple times a year.

I just wake up, and without being able to understand what brought it upon, and can’t set a foot on the floor without it being agony. It’s not sore. I can’t walk.

I found it bizarre and annoying the first few times it happened, as it hurts like hell and wastes a day or two. but never for a second did I think it was indicative of some dire scenario. I kind of figured out it was likely plantar fasciitis, which was later confirmed when it lasted multiple days. Mine is random. Why it flares up has no rhyme or reason.

I also have developed vertigo that will usually last from a day up to three or four days maybe twice a year. It’s truly miserable when it hits. Nausea, trying to catch yourself from falling when you’re already lying down and unable to open your eyes at times or you’ll puke. I will get up on some random day, and find myself bouncing off a wall and dizzy out of nowhere. It probably first happened four years ago.

Why? I have no idea. I’d guess it’s because I have cervical spine issues and it kind of bothers my ears when my neck is bad.

That’s just a guess. It’s infrequent enough that I don’t have to go to pursue a diagnosis. Maybe I’ll have to at some point.

Once again, I didn’t for a second think I had a brain tumor or anything. My neck pain is frequent, and it’s not tied to the worst days. Its just guess it’s related.

I know both your parents and all your siblings are alive. I assume they are healthy for their respective ages as you’ve never mentioned any serious issue or disappeared for family reasons that suggests something very serious

You’re a very strong believer in genetics over lifestyle and everything else. Yet you aren’t very consistent with that belief. It doesn’t seem to relax you.

Anxiety makes any unpleasant health situation far worse. It replaces rational and logical concerns and puts your thinking into worse case shit any time some legit illness or thing happens, and it isn’t going to get better at our age. You’re going to occasionally have intense and unexplained things. Our bodies have fifty years of wear and tear on them. Our immune system isn’t what it once was. Nothing is.

Honestly, you have a lot of free time it appears, and you really should get into very good physical condition. Not for ego. Just for health, both physical and mental. Just start slow until you get up to an intense 60-90 minutes a day of exercise of your choice. Just work up to an intense 30 minutes of sustained heart pumping.

Not because you’re some obese guy. You’re not. You’re typical for 50ish.

You’ll just feel better, have more energy, likely live slightly longer, and I think it will help your anxiety knowing you’re fit. It might not add multiple years, but the quality of your life will be much improved.

You don’t jump to those worst case conclusions when you’re really fit and have a good family history. You have the time, and it’s silly not to as you seem to enjoy your life and want it to be long.

You do eight hour radio shows. You can spend seven hours a week to feel better and it will alleviate your stress about this stuff. If you don’t do it, there will come a time you wish you had and you probably won’t be able to.
    Name:  1F3CA0D9-9F36-43C6-AD83-91A097E9B721.jpeg
Views: 340
Size:  14.1 KB

Comments

splitthis: Lol Les

Load Metric
    Get a new dog. One you need to take out for a walk twice a day.

You have a script for Xanax. Use it. Don't just plan to use it on specifically stressful situations you know ahead of time. Keep them on you. That's your get out of jail card. Also works for heart issues as first line of defense.

About 20 years ago was the first time i thought i was going die. That was after 4 days of MDMA and a night of drinking after i ran out of pills. Nothing was wrong with me (excluding poor judgement), i had just depleted serotonin in my brain and i takes i while to get back to functional levels.

Serotonin controls GABA release. Benzoes cheat that system and overrides it by directly binding to GABA receptors. There's a handful of things that dictate Serotonin/Gaba levels. They are tied to depression/anxiety in a cause/effect way, sort of a stress causes more stress mechanic. Stress also weakens your immune system. You have limited resources for what your body can do. As you age it goes down even more.

I doubt i can stop you from stressing over trivial shit, fix your nutrition or have you start an exercise regimen BCR suggested. Just do the first 2 things i suggested. Dogs are the best cheat for exercise. Xanax does the rest. Both give you few extra years. Nothing close to what doing the "proper" things would, but the "cost" is nonexistent.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anxiety definitely fueled some of the symtpoms prior to that ER visit a few weeks ago (such as the elevated blood pressure). Note that I've only been to the ER a few times in my life, so it's not like I'm constantly running there fearing death.

However, this one wasn't the result of anxiety. I had some anxiety after things felt really awful, but that was more of a function of where I was (the middle of the desert, far from any competent medical care) than how I was feeling. Had this occurred at home, I would have gotten into bed and just tried to sleep it off.

The physical symtpoms on this one were very real. If anything, I was in denial it was happening, trying to convince myself I might be imagining it, or that it would pass soon enough. I really wanted to ignore it, complete the drive, and check in.

Fortunately I just needed to lie down, sleep, and let some time pass, as it was likely a stomach virus which presented atypically at the beginning.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Do anything fun in Vegas?

Load Metric
    You were in denial but thought you might be dying?

Load Metric
    Anxiety definitely fueled some of the symtpoms prior to that ER visit a few weeks ago (such as the elevated blood pressure). Note that I've only been to the ER a few times in my life, so it's not like I'm constantly running there fearing death.

However, this one wasn't the result of anxiety. I had some anxiety after things felt really awful, but that was more of a function of where I was (the middle of the desert, far from any competent medical care) than how I was feeling. Had this occurred at home, I would have gotten into bed and just tried to sleep it off.

The physical symtpoms on this one were very real. If anything, I was in denial it was happening, trying to convince myself I might be imagining it, or that it would pass soon enough. I really wanted to ignore it, complete the drive, and check in.

Fortunately I just needed to lie down, sleep, and let some time pass, as it was likely a stomach virus which presented atypically at the beginning.
    Symptoms were real, but how you reacted to it wasn't necessary. Anxiety can cause some symptoms, but more frequently you just overreact to existing issues.

Stress can also increase the possibility of autoimmune disorders. It doesn't just weaken the immune system. It breaks it.

For random extra advice see if you can find a kombucha flavor that's tolerable and start taking magnesium.

As is you seem to be chaining stressful events.

Gold
    Load Metric
    food poisoning?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    You were in denial but thought you might be dying?
    I was in denial until it got really bad, then I started to worry.

My point was that I didn't worry myself into heavy symptoms. The heavy symptoms came while I was trying to talk myself into believing that it will pass within 15 minutes if I just get fresh air, and the anxiety followed that.

Load Metric
    For a new years resolution i'll quit smoking and soda so we can all be miserable.

Will you get a new dog for Christmas/Hanukkah?

Fairly sure i'm getting screwed in this trade.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Get a new dog. One you need to take out for a walk twice a day.

You have a script for Xanax. Use it. Don't just plan to use it on specifically stressful situations you know ahead of time. Keep them on you. That's your get out of jail card. Also works for heart issues as first line of defense.

About 20 years ago was the first time i thought i was going die. That was after 4 days of MDMA and a night of drinking after i ran out of pills. Nothing was wrong with me (excluding poor judgement), i had just depleted serotonin in my brain and i takes i while to get back to functional levels.

Serotonin controls GABA release

. Benzoes cheat that system and overrides it by directly binding to GABA receptors. There's a handful of things that dictate Serotonin/Gaba levels. They are tied to depression/anxiety in a cause/effect way, sort of a stress causes more stress mechanic. Stress also weakens your immune system. You have limited resources for what your body can do. As you age it goes down even more.

I doubt i can stop you from stressing over trivial shit, fix your nutrition or have you start an exercise regimen BCR suggested. Just do the first 2 things i suggested. Dogs are the best cheat for exercise. Xanax does the rest. Both give you few extra years. Nothing close to what doing the "proper" things would, but the "cost" is nonexistent.
    the worst thing hat has happened to me is repeat usage of mdma. It was so good I ignored all warnings . I paid the price.
    worse than hell

Comments

gimmick: yup

country978: good psa

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

THANK YOU FAUCI
    Are you linking all of these health issues to the vaccine? While I won't discount the possibility, remember that correlation is not causation.

As a data point, I'm of similar age, and also have received 3 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and I've had zero health issues, or even side effects other than my shoulder being mildly sore the next day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thread Information