Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got incredibly sick in the middle of the desert on Thursday night, and thought I might die out there

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Honestly, you have a lot of free time it appears, and you really should get into very good physical condition. Not for ego. Just for health, both physical and mental. Just start slow until you get up to an intense 60-90 minutes a day of exercise of your choice. Just work up to an intense 30 minutes of sustained heart pumping.

Not because you’re some obese guy. You’re not. You’re typical for 50ish.

You’ll just feel better, have more energy, likely live slightly longer, and I think it will help your anxiety knowing you’re fit. It might not add multiple years, but the quality of your life will be much improved.

You don’t jump to those worst case conclusions when you’re really fit and have a good family history. You have the time, and it’s silly not to as you seem to enjoy your life and want it to be long.

You do eight hour radio shows. You can spend seven hours a week to feel better and it will alleviate your stress about this stuff. If you don’t do it, there will come a time you wish you had and you probably won’t be able to.
    ^ this is really good advice, IMO. Mind + body.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    this is really good advice, IMO. Mind + body.
    or he could get a wild dingo for companionship

Load Metric

lol bcr making a lot of sense in this thread as much as I hate to admit it, Druff you're losing it, hypochondriac style

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You really seem to have significant anxiety that exacerbates any illness or malady since your LPR episode You’re becoming a bit neurotic.

You know I’m never trolling you to be a dick, but it certainly seems you jump to really irrational and unlikely concerns despite being a smart guy.

Bad things cross any of our minds when we get rapidly ill or in pain, but most of us quickly discard those thoughts as extraordinarily unlikely. You don’t seem able to lately.

You’re just about 50. It’s normal to have shit that is inexplicable or painful occur out of nowhere, but to leap mentally multiple times in a few months that you might die or be having a serious life threatening emergency isn’t rational.

I have woke up for the last probably maybe six years with pain so bad in my foot that I can’t put a foot on the ground on random days a couple times a year.

I just wake up, and without being able to understand what brought it upon, and can’t set a foot on the floor without it being agony. It’s not sore. I can’t walk.

I found it bizarre and annoying the first few times it happened, as it hurts like hell and wastes a day or two. but never for a second did I think it was indicative of some dire scenario. I kind of figured out it was likely plantar fasciitis, which was later confirmed when it lasted multiple days. Mine is random. Why it flares up has no rhyme or reason.

I also have developed vertigo that will usually last from a day up to three or four days maybe twice a year. It’s truly miserable when it hits. Nausea, trying to catch yourself from falling when you’re already lying down and unable to open your eyes at times or you’ll puke. I will get up on some random day, and find myself bouncing off a wall and dizzy out of nowhere. It probably first happened four years ago.

Why? I have no idea. I’d guess it’s because I have cervical spine issues and it kind of bothers my ears when my neck is bad.

That’s just a guess. It’s infrequent enough that I don’t have to go to pursue a diagnosis. Maybe I’ll have to at some point.

Once again, I didn’t for a second think I had a brain tumor or anything. My neck pain is frequent, and it’s not tied to the worst days. Its just guess it’s related.

I know both your parents and all your siblings are alive. I assume they are healthy for their respective ages as you’ve never mentioned any serious issue or disappeared for family reasons that suggests something very serious

You’re a very strong believer in genetics over lifestyle and everything else. Yet you aren’t very consistent with that belief. It doesn’t seem to relax you.

Anxiety makes any unpleasant health situation far worse. It replaces rational and logical concerns and puts your thinking into worse case shit any time some legit illness or thing happens, and it isn’t going to get better at our age. You’re going to occasionally have intense and unexplained things. Our bodies have fifty years of wear and tear on them. Our immune system isn’t what it once was. Nothing is.

Honestly, you have a lot of free time it appears, and you really should get into very good physical condition. Not for ego. Just for health, both physical and mental. Just start slow until you get up to an intense 60-90 minutes a day of exercise of your choice. Just work up to an intense 30 minutes of sustained heart pumping.

You’ll just feel better, have more energy, likely live slightly longer, and I think it will help your anxiety knowing you’re fit. It might not add multiple years, but the quality of your life will be much improved.

You don’t jump to those worst case conclusions when you’re really fit and have a good family history. You have the time, and it’s silly not to as you seem to enjoy your life and want it to be long.

You do eight hour radio shows. You can spend seven hours a week to feel better and it will alleviate your stress about this stuff. If you don’t do it, there will come a time you wish you had and you probably won’t be able to.
    For occasional vertigo go to a chiropractor(preferably blond and stacked) and she'll rid you of your maladies one way or another.

Load Metric
    Druff you are too old to continue neglecting proper body maintenance.

Join a gym.
    Clean up your diet.
    Get nutrition response tested.

Only been saying this for years, hopefully one year you will wake up to it. If not for you, for the sake of your son. You will miss a lot if you don’t.

Comments

The Boz: Best advice anyone can get. Common sense but few are willing to listen.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Join a gym.
    Clean up your diet.

Only been saying this for years, hopefully one year you will wake up to it. If not for you, for the sake of your son. You will miss a lot if you don’t.
    She's right, grow up foor Christ's sake

Load Metric
    You really seem to have significant anxiety that exacerbates any illness or malady since your LPR episode You’re becoming a bit neurotic.

You know I’m never trolling you to be a dick, but it certainly seems you jump to really irrational and unlikely concerns despite being a smart guy.

Bad things cross any of our minds when we get rapidly ill or in pain, but most of us quickly discard those thoughts as extraordinarily unlikely. You don’t seem able to lately.

You’re just about 50. It’s normal to have shit that is inexplicable or painful occur out of nowhere, but to leap mentally multiple times in a few months that you might die or be having a serious life threatening emergency isn’t rational.

I have woke up for the last probably maybe six years with pain so bad in my foot that I can’t put a foot on the ground on random days a couple times a year.

I just wake up, and without being able to understand what brought it upon, and can’t set a foot on the floor without it being agony. It’s not sore. I can’t walk.

I found it bizarre and annoying the first few times it happened, as it hurts like hell and wastes a day or two. but never for a second did I think it was indicative of some dire scenario. I kind of figured out it was likely plantar fasciitis, which was later confirmed when it lasted multiple days. Mine is random. Why it flares up has no rhyme or reason.

I also have developed vertigo that will usually last from a day up to three or four days maybe twice a year. It’s truly miserable when it hits. Nausea, trying to catch yourself from falling when you’re already lying down and unable to open your eyes at times or you’ll puke. I will get up on some random day, and find myself bouncing off a wall and dizzy out of nowhere. It probably first happened four years ago.

Why? I have no idea. I’d guess it’s because I have cervical spine issues and it kind of bothers my ears when my neck is bad.

That’s just a guess. It’s infrequent enough that I don’t have to go to pursue a diagnosis. Maybe I’ll have to at some point.

Once again, I didn’t for a second think I had a brain tumor or anything. My neck pain is frequent, and it’s not tied to the worst days. Its just guess it’s related.

I know both your parents and all your siblings are alive. I assume they are healthy for their respective ages as you’ve never mentioned any serious issue or disappeared for family reasons that suggests something very serious

You’re a very strong believer in genetics over lifestyle and everything else. Yet you aren’t very consistent with that belief. It doesn’t seem to relax you.

Anxiety makes any unpleasant health situation far worse. It replaces rational and logical concerns and puts your thinking into worse case shit any time some legit illness or thing happens, and it isn’t going to get better at our age. You’re going to occasionally have intense and unexplained things. Our bodies have fifty years of wear and tear on them. Our immune system isn’t what it once was. Nothing is.

Geez, that took 3 readings to finish. But he’s right. Get on a healthy exercise regimen. Eat better. Start by eliminating sugar from your diet. That alone will help you sleep better and feel better.

Load Metric

Join a gym.
    Clean up your diet.

There is a psychological component to this that you aren’t addressing. A person cannot always change these behaviors through will or choice alone. Whether his behavior is organic or learned - nature vs nurture…. I have no idea.

Years ago i riffed a comparison between Druff and Marilu Henner’s superior autobiographical memory. Druff would talk on air about his superior immune system and could site the dates of his last colds, detailed symptoms and so on. It was odd enough that we all joked about it even back then. It became a damn PFA meme for chrissake. He’s a little out of the norm.

Another interesting behavior I always noted when he interacted with a guest or new caller was his prenatural curiosity about their age. It was like listening to a dick measuring contest on air. His pleasure at learning he was younger was cringe or funny or both. I remember calling in and bracing for the inevitable question. It was definitely a thing.

Druff has, what is to me, an inordinate concern with time. Maybe I noticed it more then most because I have little to no concern with time. That is not to say I am one of those “live in the moment” guys either. I just give time little regard.

I seriously never think about my age. In my head I’m 33. Suddenly point a gun to my head and demand my age and I will prolly be off by a year or two. I cannot place events to a particular year. Was it last year or three years ago that we went on a particular cruise or vacation, for instance. So listening to Druff was like witnessing some kind of mirror image and I couldn’t help but take note.

His obsession with time prolly has some kind of coincident obsession with mortality. That’s gotta be rough.

As an aside, Druff is a guy who is blessed with no work deadlines. Analytics and efficiency are crushing workers with productivity metrics. Deadlines for the Amazon warehouse workers are the height of this development. Druff doesn’t have to worry about time like most. Yet, despite his time obsession he is also kind of unresponsive to read others posts. Freeroll payouts are now another PFA meme, for instance.

I don’t know if one can just substitute one obsession (exercise) with another. I doubt it. A healthy lifestyle strives to eliminate stress. Stress just ain’t good. That’s fact. It costs more physically the older you get. Druff and I seek stress. I like the juice. I like conflict. Exercise helps reset the stress and prolly makes me a little more tolerable as a person. It would definitely benefit Druff given his career choice.

Mine was longer, BCR?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-22-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Join a gym.
    Clean up your diet.

There is a psychological component to this that you aren’t addressing. A person cannot always change these behaviors through will or choice alone. Whether his behavior is organic or learned - nature vs nurture…. I have no idea.

Years ago i riffed a comparison between Druff and Marilu Henner’s superior autobiographical memory. Druff would talk on air about his superior immune system and could site the dates of his last colds, detailed symptoms and so on. It was odd enough that we all joked about it even back then. It became a damn PFA meme for chrissake. He’s a little out of the norm.

Another interesting behavior I always noted when he interacted with a guest or new caller was his prenatural curiosity about their age. It was like listening to a dick measuring contest on air. His pleasure at learning he was younger was cringe or funny or both. I remember calling in and bracing for the inevitable question. It was definitely a thing.

Druff has, what is to me, an inordinate concern with time. Maybe I noticed it more then most because I have little to no concern with time. That is not to say I am one of those “live in the moment” guys either. I just give time little regard.

I seriously never think about my age. In my head I’m 33. Suddenly point a gun to my head and demand my age and I will prolly be off by a year or two. I cannot place events to a particular year. Was it last year or three years ago that we went on a particular cruise or vacation, for instance. So listening to Druff was like witnessing some kind of mirror image and I couldn’t help but take note.

His obsession with time prolly has some kind of coincident obsession with mortality. That’s gotta be rough.

As an aside, Druff is a guy who is blessed with no work deadlines. Analytics and efficiency are crushing workers with productivity metrics. Deadlines for the Amazon warehouse workers are the height of this development. Druff doesn’t have to worry about time like most. Yet, despite his time obsession he is also kind of unresponsive to read others posts. Freeroll payouts are now another PFA meme, for instance.

I don’t know if one can just substitute one obsession (exercise) with another. I doubt it. A healthy lifestyle strives to eliminate stress. Stress just ain’t good. That’s fact. It costs more physically the older you get. Druff and I seek stress. I like the juice. I like conflict. Exercise helps reset the stress and prolly makes me a little more tolerable as a person. It would definitely benefit Druff given his career choice.

Mine was longer, BCR?

I think it's possible with guidance. Trying to kick alcohol has proven tougher than I could imagine. The one thing I have going for me is a weird ability to exercise,(cardio) to the point of physical depletion

It is beneficial both physically and mentally
    and I don't have to live with the horror of under arm flaps like lol wow and Sonatine
    ewe

Comments

Sanlmar: I found this interesting. Keep it up.

Load Metric
    Druff, good to hear that you persevered again and continue to add to your reputation as "Medical Miracle Man" who will probably outlive us all.

FYI, that hospital in Barstow accepts only snake bite patients (seasonal) and meth lab explosion victims. All others are told to get back on their Harleys and leave.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Druff, good to hear that you persevered again and continue to add to your reputation as "Medical Miracle Man" who will probably outlive us all.

FYI, that hospital in Barstow accepts only snake bite patients (seasonal) and meth lab explosion victims. All others are told to get back on their Harleys and leave.
    Druff checking the hospital Yelp reviews while in the middle of a near death shit storm is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

Comments

dwai: spot on

gimmick:

Cerveza Fria: Lol
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

Druff checking the hospital Yelp reviews while in the middle of a near death shit storm is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read.

was thinking the same thing, who fucking does that

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Brother he's probably still smarting from getting cucked by the last patient coordinator. Couldn't risk sticking his girlfriend with two medical bills going to collections if his upset stomach proved fatal.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Brother he's probably still smarting from getting cucked by the last patient coordinator. Couldn't risk sticking his girlfriend with two medical bills going to collections if his upset stomach proved fatal.

Load Metric
    Definitely sucks for druff to be going through this.

That being said I think it’s time for druff to name a successor should he be mentally or god forbid physically incapable to run the site.

I would suggest they be given full control until bens 18th birthday.

Load Metric
    Also I always believed that emergency care in USA was superior to Canada. But druff now has me doubting this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I was on the way to Vegas on Thursday night. My girlfriend and Ben were in the car, and I was driving.
    Did Ben have good results this time with his mechanics grip at the craps table. Fake mustache?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I was on the way to Vegas on Thursday night. My girlfriend and Ben were in the car, and I was driving.
    Did Ben have good results this time with his mechanics grip at the craps table. Fake mustache?
    The Russians poisoned you speaking the truth about Communists poker players.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by turdzilla View Post

The Russians poisoned you speaking the truth about Communists poker players.
    Listen comrade, we don’t talk about poker but I was told to short iShares Taiwan ETF EWT and go long Lockheed and Raytheon.

Nio Nio Cons

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hey Todd, or any interested parties. Are you in hospital, court or just dead?

Thread Information