Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nicky Pipes Provides Cure for Frail Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Should I be tipping doctors as I would other service employees with soul crushing workloads?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Should I be tipping doctors as I would other service employees with soul crushing workloads?
    Was it delivery or take-out?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Groveling for money shouldn't be part of the Nicky Pipes lifestyle.

However, a man already holding substantial Jew gold does not need to grovel to anyone -- especially not some junior Toys R US or Subway sandwich employee.
    FYP

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BCR,

I read your post twice.

You're definitely right about one thing. If you want them to take things seriously in the ER which you want them to check out, you need to hit the right keywords. You suggested a nonchalant approach, playing the role of the guy who had heart-issue symptoms for awhile, and was finally talked into going in after a lot of pain. There's a good chance that would work.

What would also work is just saying the right keywords to get their attention, and leaving out details.

If you mention pain in your chest area, they will demand to give you an EKG, even if it's due to an injury which is clearly unrelated to the heart. If you don't mention chest pain, they won't give an EKG in many cases, even if you're there because you suspect heart failure symptoms. It's ass backwards, but I think these nurses hear so many convoluted health stories every day, they just tune people out and listen for keywords.

Unfortunately, with my last visit, the keyword was "ankle swelling". That's all they focused upon. They were so focused on the ankles that they forgot to ask me about my meds, and they weren't particularly interested in hearing the gout diagnosis, or about my concerns about it being heart related. I could tell they were tuning me out and just acting as if I said "ankle swelling", and nothing else.

I figured I'd explain it to the doctor when he/she came to see me. Never happened. I was never examined by the doctor in charge (who I believe wasn't even in the building), nor by the PA who was actually in charge of my case. I only saw her when she discharged me, and she repeatedly refused to come out and see me during my time there, repeatedly sending messages through the nurse. Pretty unbelievable that I went to an ER visit and was never examined by any doctor or PA. Huge fail, and this would have been a monster malpractice suit if anything had happened to me.

Even when they realized they forgot to get my list of meds, and had double-prescribed some things, she still wouldn't come out and see me. Instead, she sent the (very incorrect) instruction to "take it anyway". Just plain incompetence by a PA who was both young and passive aggressive.

I think my requests to add uric acid onto the blood test (passed through the nurse) turned her off to wanting to deal with me, but that's not her choice. If you're an ER doc, you are expected and required to see and examine all of your patients. You don't get to pick and choose the ones you feel are "easy", and avoid the others. That's not how the ER works.

What we had was an incompetent young PA, running the ER on a late Saturday night, who was afraid of having any arguments with patients, and who was directing everything poorly.

I did learn a few things from the situation:

1) Make sure they plan to give me a real doctor to examine me, and not a PA. If they say it's a PA, walk out and go elsewhere.

2) If the doctor refuses to come out, assert stronger that it's your right to see the doctor and be examined. Believe it or not, I wasn't aggressive enough in demanding this, and by the time I spoke up about being pissed about the doctor (actually the PA) not seeing me, I was minutes away from being discharged anyway.

3) Don't give a lot of detail to the nurses. Just stick to simple keywords which get their attention the way you want. This appears to be what BCR was getting at, and it seems correct. My mistake was that I told them the actual story of what was happening, and I was mostly tuned out (even though I didn't go on for very long).

I still stand by my assessment that this visit was useless and marred by sheer incompetence. The fault was theirs, not mine. However, had I understood the ER "game" better, I could have probably played better.

Comments

BCR: Yeah, I’ve never heard of not taking a drug interaction screen. It was clearly poor. Didn’t mean to revive a topic you were done with. Had simply not gotten around to it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BCR,

I read your post twice.

You're definitely right about one thing. If you want them to take things seriously in the ER which you want them to check out, you need to hit the right keywords. You suggested a nonchalant approach, playing the role of the guy who had heart-issue symptoms for awhile, and was finally talked into going in after a lot of pain. There's a good chance that would work.

What would also work is just saying the right keywords to get their attention, and leaving out details.

If you mention pain in your chest area, they will demand to give you an EKG, even if it's due to an injury which is clearly unrelated to the heart. If you don't mention chest pain, they won't give an EKG in many cases, even if you're there because you suspect heart failure symptoms. It's ass backwards, but I think these nurses hear so many convoluted health stories every day, they just tune people out and listen for keywords.

Unfortunately, with my last visit, the keyword was "ankle swelling". That's all they focused upon. They were so focused on the ankles that they forgot to ask me about my meds, and they weren't particularly interested in hearing the gout diagnosis, or about my concerns about it being heart related. I could tell they were tuning me out and just acting as if I said "ankle swelling", and nothing else.

I figured I'd explain it to the doctor when he/she came to see me. Never happened. I was never examined by the doctor in charge (who I believe wasn't even in the building), nor by the PA who was actually in charge of my case. I only saw her when she discharged me, and she repeatedly refused to come out and see me during my time there, repeatedly sending messages through the nurse. Pretty unbelievable that I went to an ER visit and was never examined by any doctor or PA. Huge fail, and this would have been a monster malpractice suit if anything had happened to me.

Even when they realized they forgot to get my list of meds, and had double-prescribed some things, she still wouldn't come out and see me. Instead, she sent the (very incorrect) instruction to "take it anyway". Just plain incompetence by a PA who was both young and passive aggressive.

I think my requests to add uric acid onto the blood test (passed through the nurse) turned her off to wanting to deal with me, but that's not her choice. If you're an ER doc, you are expected and required to see and examine all of your patients. You don't get to pick and choose the ones you feel are "easy", and avoid the others. That's not how the ER works.

What we had was an incompetent young PA, running the ER on a late Saturday night, who was afraid of having any arguments with patients, and who was directing everything poorly.

1) Make sure they plan to give me a real doctor to examine me, and not a PA. If they say it's a PA, walk out and go elsewhere.

2) If the doctor refuses to come out, assert stronger that it's your right to see the doctor and be examined. Believe it or not, I wasn't aggressive enough in demanding this, and by the time I spoke up about being pissed about the doctor (actually the PA) not seeing me, I was minutes away from being discharged anyway.

3) Don't give a lot of detail to the nurses. Just stick to simple keywords which get their attention the way you want. This appears to be what BCR was getting at, and it seems correct. My mistake was that I told them the actual story of what was happening, and I was mostly tuned out (even though I didn't go on for very long).

I still stand by my assessment that this visit was useless and marred by sheer incompetence. The fault was theirs, not mine. However, had I understood the ER "game" better, I could have probably played better.
    I didn't read yours once after watching you pout like a little boy. Talking about PA's in an ER as if they are busboys when you are the real PA, a pompous ass

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Also, if Pipes agrees, then I will promise to show proof the bill is zeroed, prior to his donation.
    Bro, don't you realize by NOW that these companies "agree" with you and write off losses in the hopes that you will just stop harassing them with trivial complaints and just STFU ? It doesn't mean that you are "right".

Comments

NickyPipes: Brother you make a good point

Load Metric
    BCR,

I read your post twice.

You left out a key fact. You went in there concerned you were having a heart attack, and they evaluated you as just another hypochondriac which pour into ERs all the time. And guess what, they were right since you are still alive and not having a heart attack. You leave that out, your point is you wanted them to run a battery of expensive tests because you are a bracelet winner and won a lot of money online a few years ago. I mean give me a break you are fucking obnoxious. They were right and you were wrong, go flash the bracelet next time and let them know who you are.

Comments

NickyPipes: Brother a lot of people seem to agree with you

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers you both raised some very interesting points. I can tell you a lot of people seem to agree with your perspective.

Here’s an interesting question:

If Druff was so worried about his health why is he staying up pulling all nighters just a few days after a heart attack scare?

Brother that troubled me.

Brother Nicky Pipes always gets a good nights rest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brothers you both raised some very interesting points. I can tell you a lot of people seem to agree with your perspective.

Here’s an interesting question:

If Druff was so worried about his health why is he staying up pulling all nighters just a few days after a heart attack scare?

Brother that troubled me.

Brother Nicky Pipes always gets a good nights rest.
    Brother he's always dismissed dietary and habits and lifestyle choices, it's just all genetics and random.

Aside from the Second Dinner Saga, which caused stomach stretching and subsequent weight gain, leading to LPR which had him distracted and the reason why a death hoax was perpetuated in the forum.

Thank goodness for mouth rinse brother. Curiously we have never gotten an LPR update ever since the death hoax heat faded away, surely a coincidence.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tbuck27 View Post
    Also, if Pipes agrees, then I will promise to show proof the bill is zeroed, prior to his donation.
    Bro, don't you realize by NOW that these companies "agree" with you and write off losses in the hopes that you will just stop harassing them with trivial complaints and just STFU ? It doesn't mean that you are "right".
    This isn't McDonald's, where they give you another box of fries after you complain that yours were cold, just to make you go away.

ERs are notoriously screwed by patients who visit, leave, and don't pay. They deal with tons of deadbeats who "didn't know the bill would be that high", "can't afford to pay", or have some kind of complaint which they say justifies no payment.

Most of them operate on a "take what you can get approach". They aren't interested in getting people to "stop harassing them", because of the relatively big money involved, and the high non-payment rate. Instead, they try to negotiate with people to get them to pay ANYTHING, via methods such as bill reductions and payment plans.

You know what they almost never do? Zero the bill. Hugely counterproductive. If they're zeroing your bill, it's because they realize they fucked up, and want the problem to go away. I bet you don't know anyone whose ER bill was actually zeroed out. You probably know people who simply didn't pay, but not ones who were released from any responsibility due to hospital error.

Bottom line is that a zeroed ER bill is virtually an admission of guilt on their part.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway I'm getting tired of arguing about this with fake rich guys who play pretend on forums, as well as diminished lung capacity soyboys who don't get sex from their wives since the baby was born.

If you read a story about an ER where they don't get a list of the patient's meds, direct the patient to take the wrong meds, and no doctor ever examines the patient, and your conclusion is, "Wow this guy is acting so entitled to complain", then you're either a drooling retard or a idiotic troll with no life.

I'm not interested in continued dialogue with drooling retards or idiotic trolls with no life, so I am exiting stage left from this discussion.

Load Metric

This isn't McDonald's, where they give you another box of fries after you complain that yours were cold, just to make you go away.

ERs are notoriously screwed by patients who visit, leave, and don't pay. They deal with tons of deadbeats who "didn't know the bill would be that high", "can't afford to pay", or have some kind of complaint which they say justifies no payment.

Most of them operate on a "take what you can get approach". They aren't interested in getting people to "stop harassing them", because of the relatively big money involved, and the high non-payment rate. Instead, they try to negotiate with people to get them to pay ANYTHING, via methods such as bill reductions and payment plans.

You know what they almost never do? Zero the bill. Hugely counterproductive. If they're zeroing your bill, it's because they realize they fucked up, and want the problem to go away. I bet you don't know anyone whose ER bill was actually zeroed out. You probably know people who simply didn't pay, but not ones who were released from any responsibility due to hospital error.

Bottom line is that a zeroed ER bill is virtually an admission of guilt on their part.
    In fairness, if your insurance pays them $4000 (for example) and they agree to “zero out” your $500 portion, they haven’t exactly gotten nothing as you seemingly imply.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

In fairness, if your insurance pays them $4000 (for example) and they agree to “zero out” your $500 portion, they haven’t exactly gotten nothing as you seemingly imply.
    True, but they don't ever take the approach of "we got a lot from the insurance, so we will zero your part to make you stop bugging us". They'll reduce your part if they think it's the only way you will pay, but they'll never zero it unless they believe they fucked up, and just want the matter to be done without further damage.

While it's possible they will deny everything I alleged and still demand I pay, if they do end up voluntarily zeroing my part of the bill, that's a pretty strong indicator that my story was accurate. If necesasry, I'll also sign paperwork promising not to sue them or come after them for anything further, but only if they ask me to do so.

Comments

tbuck27: Way to "exit stage left", champ

Load Metric
    Anyway I'm getting tired of arguing about this with fake rich guys who play pretend on forums, as well as diminished lung capacity soyboys who don't get sex from their wives since the baby was born.

If you read a story about an ER where they don't get a list of the patient's meds, direct the patient to take the wrong meds, and no doctor ever examines the patient, and your conclusion is, "Wow this guy is acting so entitled to complain", then you're either a drooling retard or a faggot troll with no life.

I'm not interested in continued dialogue with drooling retards or faggot trolls with no life, so I am exiting stage left from this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

True, but they don't ever take the approach of "we got a lot from the insurance, so we will zero your part to make you stop bugging us". They'll reduce your part if they think it's the only way you will pay, but they'll never zero it unless they believe they fucked up, and just want the matter to be done without further damage.

While it's possible they will deny everything I alleged and still demand I pay, if they do end up voluntarily zeroing my part of the bill, that's a pretty strong indicator that my story was accurate. If necesasry, I'll also sign paperwork promising not to sue them or come after them for anything further, but only if they ask me to do so.
    aw yeah here we go

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Decided to give it one more response for jsearles because he raised a fair point.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brother I have screen shot this homophonic message and forwarded to my SEO team to publish first thing Monday morning, brother this type of discrimination is not acceptable please apologize

Load Metric

If you read a story about an ER where they don't get a list of the patient's meds, direct the patient to take the wrong meds, and no doctor ever examines the patient, and your conclusion is, "Wow this guy is acting so entitled to complain", then you're either a drooling retard or a faggot troll with no life.

I'm not interested in continued dialogue with drooling retards or faggot trolls with no life, so I am exiting stage left from this discussion.
    Alpha shit, bro. Try this approach more often, a lot less stressful. Good luck with your inflamed body.

Comments

The Boz: Great advice.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I'm not interested in continued dialogue with drooling retards or faggot trolls with no life, so I am exiting stage left from this forum.

welcome to the party.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Wasn't attempting to "argue" with you. No offense, but I'm not ignorant enough to think that you would ever admit to being wrong, so it would be a huge waste of time to argue with you about anything. You're too big of a bullheaded narcissist, at least from what I've seen over the years.
    Just thought I might spark a bit of of a self-revelation in you. These continued incidents that you seem to "run into" quite frequently seem to make you and the target of your complaints very angry and annoyed. Life is too short, and you seem to have a problem with people in business, no matter the venue. Whether it's McDonalds or a hospital system, they still employ PEOPLE. Most people have feelings, so when you come at them so aggressively, their feeling is to not want to help you or even make things worse for you. They are human. Conversely, if you tried being more empathetic and show these workers a positive vibe/attitude, you would be absolutely amazed how it works the other way. They will go out of their way to help you, in most instances exceeding the effort to help that they would show most people. Some will even bend the rules just to show you how eager they are to help you because of how you treated them.

Anyways, it appears that you are resorting to the "can't convince them with logic, so I will resort to childish insults and take my ball and go home on top of it" approach, so I guess at the end of the day, I'm just one of those drooling retards or faggot trolls.

Way to alienate what's left of the forum pahticipants, some of us here from the very start (2006 for me). I kept up with this site over the years mostly because I was rooting for all of the people from here and previous forums, and wanted to keep up with their current stories/dramas, etc. Dan Druff was one of these people that I was rooting for the hardest, because you undeniably have put in a huge amount of work on all 3 incarnations of this website. It's ironic you say others have "no life" though since the amount of hours that you have spent posting/lurking/arguing over the years is unbelievable, almost unhuman.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but it appears my time here has also come to an end, so I will see myself out. It's been real....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If you read a story about an ER where they don't get a list of the patient's meds, direct the patient to take the wrong meds, and no doctor ever examines the patient, and your conclusion is, "Wow this guy is acting so entitled to complain", then you're either a drooling retard or a idiotic troll with no life.

I'm not interested in continued dialogue with drooling retards or idiotic trolls with no life, so I am exiting stage left from this discussion.
    Wasn't attempting to "argue" with you. No offense, but I'm not ignorant enough to think that you would ever admit to being wrong, so it would be a huge waste of time to argue with you about anything. You're too big of a bullheaded narcissist, at least from what I've seen over the years.
    Just thought I might spark a bit of of a self-revelation in you. These continued incidents that you seem to "run into" quite frequently seem to make you and the target of your complaints very angry and annoyed. Life is too short, and you seem to have a problem with people in business, no matter the venue. Whether it's McDonalds or a hospital system, they still employ PEOPLE. Most people have feelings, so when you come at them so aggressively, their feeling is to not want to help you or even make things worse for you. They are human. Conversely, if you tried being more empathetic and show these workers a positive vibe/attitude, you would be absolutely amazed how it works the other way. They will go out of their way to help you, in most instances exceeding the effort to help that they would show most people. Some will even bend the rules just to show you how eager they are to help you because of how you treated them.

Anyways, it appears that you are resorting to the "can't convince them with logic, so I will resort to childish insults and take my ball and go home on top of it" approach, so I guess at the end of the day, I'm just one of those drooling retards or idiotic trolls.

Way to alienate what's left of the forum pahticipants, some of us here from the very start (2006 for me). I kept up with this site over the years mostly because I was rooting for all of the people from here and previous forums, and wanted to keep up with their current stories/dramas, etc. Dan Druff was one of these people that I was rooting for the hardest, because you undeniably have put in a huge amount of work on all 3 incarnations of this website. It's ironic you say others have "no life" though since the amount of hours that you have spent posting/lurking/arguing over the years is unbelievable, almost unhuman.

Anyways, sorry for the long post, but it appears my time here has also come to an end, so I will see myself out. It's been real....
    That post wasn't aimed at you. There clearly are trolls in this discussion, both in this thread in the other one. I didn't see you as one of them. I gave you a serious response to what you said, as I'm sure you saw.

While sometimes a "catch more flies with honey" approach works in customer service settings, it will also sometimes backfire, as you can be seen as too passive and easily dismissed. It depends on the situation whether you should be the nice guy or the angry guy (or somewhere in between) in customer service situations. I usually only post about them here when it's gotten to a frustrating enough point where I had no choice but to become the angry guy. I rarely start out that way.

In any case, none of that applies here. This one was a matter of sheer incompetence mixed with passive aggressive arrogance. There were really basic mistakes made. My point to you was that they rarely wipe off the entire patient portion of a bill at the hospital, due to a complaint. When they do, it's because they made some kind of pretty egregious mistake. It's different than a fast food setting, where they'll "agree" to your request/demand just to get you out of their hair.

Regarding staying on the forum, that's your choice. As I said, the derisive post wasn't referring to you, but ultimately it's up to you whether you want to pahticipate here.

Thread Information