Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed, broke, unable to fill in a job requirement documents, Dwai considers cliff diving. Not safe for queasy stomach types

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This is very surprising. These jobs are almost always done by young people, and don't look very exciting. There's jobs I see people doing where I say, "Wow, this may actually be fun short term", but running a ski lift isn't one of them.

Are you the guy standing next to everyone as they load, or are you sitting up in a little booth pressing buttons?
    I did it last year at Kirkwood in Tahoe and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado. I liked Summit County, but the cost of living is way less in Salt Lake and the skiing is better. I do both jobs, and shovel snow, etc. You get moved around. I enjoy the work because I hate going to a gym to exercise. Working outdoors is enjoyable and healthy. The benefit is the ski pass. I work 4 days, ski the other three. There are lots of older people who are semi retired that will work a couple days a week just for the ski pass.
    what are your accommodations like?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I think you just described the law here
    I actually have thought that about being a lawyer. I think I would have been good at it, but I also would have tired of it very quickly, as there are a lot of tedious elements to that work. Plus you deal with crazy clients with unreasonable expectations (no matter what your specialty).

I assume that's what Jayjami quit the profession for the most part.
    Druff, if you never became a pro poker player what do you think would have been your next most likely career path?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    OKAY I LOOK LIKE A FAGGOT, but no I've never been to the ocean that shit is gay as fuck
    How come you dont know how to swim?
    just never learned, didn't see a reason why I should

Gold
    Load Metric

thanks for answering that. I was thinking maybe I pried into Dwai too much and was going to catch hell.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Perfectly understandable. Friends off to the lake and u at home with mom trying on Halloween costumes
    A large percentage of parents ensure kids their learn how to swim

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Perfectly understandable. Friends off to the lake and u at home with mom trying on Halloween costumes
    A large percentage of parents also try to ensure their kid doesn't wind up as an alcoholic shit-poster on a 9th-tier poker forum, but hey, what can you do?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    '

A large percentage of parents also try to ensure their kid doesn't wind up as an alcoholic shit-poster on a 9th-tier poker forum, but hey, what can you do?
    I'm sure that's true but this is an eighth tier forum and I was a foster child

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I did it last year at Kirkwood in Tahoe and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado. I liked Summit County, but the cost of living is way less in Salt Lake and the skiing is better. I do both jobs, and shovel snow, etc. You get moved around. I enjoy the work because I hate going to a gym to exercise. Working outdoors is enjoyable and healthy. The benefit is the ski pass. I work 4 days, ski the other three. There are lots of older people who are semi retired that will work a couple days a week just for the ski pass.
    what are your accommodations like?
    I don’t live in employee housing. Way too old for that. I’ve got a furnished 2 bedroom apt in SLC for $1450 a month, utilities and parking included.

Comments

country978: really nice life you've arranged for yourself. Very happy for you

Load Metric
    OKAY I LOOK LIKE A FAGGOT, but no I've never been to the ocean that shit is gay as fuck
    Imagine one of your grown daughters is dating some dude you’ve never met and he’s coming back for Christmas dinner, and all you know is he’s from Detroit, can’t swim, and is an anti-vaxxer. If you don’t tell the wife she better find a recipe for some chitlins and black eyed peas, you’re playing the percentages wrong. I don’t think I ever met a white kid who couldn’t swim unless he was the delicate sort, or had some birth defect.

Load Metric
    Also pick up a gift card from KFC for a stocking stuffer so the kid don’t feel left out

Load Metric
    I literally have not been in a pool in 20 years up until last week. I was in a hotel, they had a heated pool. I have not been in a hotel pool in recent memory, but they just opened it for the first time since Covid, I apparently was the first person in it. Amazingly I swam like 4 laps. It really is amazing the human mind and body. I have not swam any time in 20+ years and it was like I was 19 again. Granted, I am highly intelligent, but even I was impressed by myself. I am somewhat out of shape now that I am older, but still an impressive feat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I literally have not been in a pool in 20 years up until last week. I was in a hotel, they had a heated pool. I have not been in a hotel pool in recent memory, but they just opened it for the first time since Covid, I apparently was the first person in it. Amazingly I swam like 4 laps. It really is amazing the human mind and body. I have not swam any time in 20+ years and it was like I was 19 again. Granted, I am highly intelligent, but even I was impressed by myself. I am somewhat out of shape now that I am older, but still an impressive feat.

I’ve riffed about this before.

We own several public pools. Neither anyone in my family nor the head of maintenance would ever swim in a public pool unless threatened at gunpoint. Except my wife. Sometimes there is just no reaching her.

It’s one of those “the more you know” things.

I’ve spent countless hours in the winter and summer battling pool control systems and responding to “code browns” (fecal matter).

A hotel pool would positively be at the very bottom of the public pool acceptability list. When was the last time you think anyone did a chemical reading?

Comments

adamantium: code brown

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: ^^ Crazy Norwegian beat me to it ^^
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-05-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Load Metric

We own several public pools. Neither anyone in my family nor the head of maintenance would ever swim in a public pool unless threatened at gunpoint. Except my wife. Sometimes there is just no reaching her.

I’ve spent countless hours in the winter and summer battling pool control systems and responding to “code browns” (fecal matter).

A hotel pool would positively be at the very bottom of the public pool acceptability list. When was the last time you think anyone did a chemical reading?
    Agreed 100%, the only reason I went in was because it literally just opened after over a year and I was the first one in. I know I was first because there was not a drop of water on the surrounding tile and no used towels in the bin. When I went down for dinner, I saw two huge fat women in the jacuzzi as I walked by. To your point about fecal matter you got that right. It will probably be another 20 years if I ever go into a hotel pool again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Agreed 100%, the only reason I went in was because it literally just opened after over a year and I was the first one in. I know I was first because there was not a drop of water on the surrounding tile and no used towels in the bin. When I went down for dinner, I saw two huge fat women in the jacuzzi as I walked by. To your point about fecal matter you got that right. It will probably be another 20 years if I ever go into a hotel pool again.
    pussies

Load Metric

I remember one time you said you were from detroit. Have you been to the ocean?
    no do I look like a faggot
    You can't swim and have never been to the ocean?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    no do I look like a idiotic
    You can't swim and have never been to the ocean?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Imagine one of your grown daughters is dating some dude you’ve never met and he’s coming back for Christmas dinner, and all you know is he’s from Detroit, can’t swim, and is an anti-vaxxer. If you don’t tell the wife she better find a recipe for some chitlins and black eyed peas, you’re playing the percentages wrong. I don’t think I ever met a white kid who couldn’t swim unless he was the delicate sort, or had some birth defect.
    I feel sad for Dwai and want him to get to the ocean asap. I love being in and/or around the water more than almost anything. I'm planning on spending most of January in Florida and most of those days parked right on Siesta Key. If Dwai wants to come I'll teach him how to swim.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I feel sad for Dwai and want him to get to the ocean asap. I love being in and/or around the water more than almost anything. I'm planning on spending most of January in Florida and most of those days parked right on Siesta Key. If Dwai wants to come I'll teach him how to swim.
    Yeah Dwai is obviously a simpleton. Dogs can swim but he cannot.

Wondering now if he can cope with public transit

Load Metric
    It’s well known that the higher your bmi the less likely you need to swim because how well you float. Swimming is a skill only needed for those in shape.

Comments

Kuntmissioner:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    It’s well known that the higher your bmi the less likely you need to swim because how well you float. Swimming is a skill only needed for those in shape.
    That is not well known. Please supply any evidence of such a claim

Thread Information