Thread: Eddie Mekka DD at age 69.. Best known as The Big Ragu on Laverne and Shirley

Load Metric

Eddie Mekka DD at age 69.. Best known as The Big Ragu on Laverne and Shirley

Eddie Mekka, the Tony-nominated actor best known for his role as Carmine “The Big Ragu” Ragusa of “Laverne & Shirley,” has died. He was 69.

The veteran TV and stage actor’s passing was confirmed Thursday via his official Facebook fan page. No cause of death has been revealed at this time.

“It is with deep regret that we share with you the passing of our beloved Eddie Mekka. Eddie passed away peacefully in his Newhall, California home on Saturday, November 27, 2021,” the announcement reads. “He was 69 years old. At this time, we do ask that all media inquiries be withheld during his family’s time of grief and mourning. We welcome you to share your memories of Eddie and your condolences to his family on this fan page. Rest In Peace Eddie.”

Mekka played Shirley Feeney’s crooner boyfriend, Carmine, on the “Happy Days” spinoff starring Penny Marshall as Laverne and Cindy Williams as Shirley. The series aired between 1976 and 1983 on ABC, and later in syndication. His character — the loyal sweetheart of Williams’ Shirley — was known to break out into song, often belting out the Tony Bennett-inspired catchphrase, “You know I’d go from rags to riches!”

Williams, 74, told The Post her “darling” leading man was “a world class talent who could do it all. I love you dearly. I’ll miss you so much. But oh the marvelous memories.”

The only two main players from the show still alive are Cindy Williams who played Shirley and Mike McKean who played Lenny now..

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cindy Williams is actually very approachable these days. My friend messaged her on Facebook to appear on his small podcast (makes PFA look like a #1 rated show), and she actually did.

Most actors from '70s TV shows are dead now, since it's been almost 52 years since 1970 arrived, and 42 years since the '70s ended.

You know you're getting old when a lot of the young adults on TV shows you watched as a kid are dying.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  87F25D6F-000C-421B-BD6C-9675A475B382.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  764.4 KB
    It is with deep sadness the family announce the passing of Orest on October 19, 2021 at the age of 79 years. He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Mary; his children Douglas and Colleen; grandchildren T.J., Ashlee, Jennifer (Justin), Miranda, Jordan; 7 great grandchildren; sister Lorraine; and Aunt Olga. He obtained his sheet metal certificate and made his career in construction. Family was very important to him and he loved spending time with his grandchildren. In 2000, he was given the gift of life with a heart transplant. He was very involved with the Canadian Transplant Association of Canada and was a member of the Knights of Columbus. He was predeceased by his mother Mary, father Alex and brother Jerry.
    A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at St. Augustine Roman Catholic Church, 602 Boychuk Drive with Rite of Committal to follow at Woodlawn Cemetery. Memorial donations may be made to C.T.A. No covid restrictions, masks are mandatory. Arrangements in care of David Polzen- Mourning Glory Funeral Services

Something is up boys. First we lose Orest and now Eddie.

Coincidence? I seriously doubt it.

It's end of days

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Cindy Williams is actually very approachable these days. My friend messaged her on Facebook to appear on his small podcast (makes PFA look like a #1 rated show), and she actually did.

Most actors from '70s TV shows are dead now, since it's been almost 52 years since 1970 arrived, and 42 years since the '70s ended.

You know you're getting old when a lot of the young adults on TV shows you watched as a kid are dying.
    The “Shotz” beer company in the show was probably a take on the Schlitz Brewing Company based in Milwaukee at the time. Funny how this show’s fake brewery in Milwaukee outlived the real one owned by Schlitz because of the epically stupid mistakes made by Schlitz management in the preceding years.

http://americanurbex.com/wordpress/?p=2722
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Tbh, he looked 69 when he was on the show.

Comments

David USF: No he didn't, you idiot. Get some better glasses.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information