Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Radio won't happen this week... or perhaps for the rest of 2021 (update: Radio BACK, but I had terrible ER visit riddled with incompetence)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So as I said on Tuesday, it's not likely to be gout, though it can't be entirely ruled out.

Since the issue is in the heel/ankle area, and not in the front of the foot at all, that already makes it lean against gout. There also isn't the typical gout redness, nor is the area hot. The rheumatologist does not believe it's gout.

I went for that MRI yesterday, and the radiologist who read it also believes it's not gout. Big time inflammation is shown in the area of the tendon, but it is not clear why. There is no blood clot. There is no apparent injury to the area.

I had made it clear on Tuesday that I don't want one of those strong anti-inflammatory meds -- at least for now. I didn't tolerate the last one well, as it seemed to be the cause of my dizziness, nausea, stomach issues, and general feeling like I wasn't right. Since getting off it, most of that has gone away. I was told that, as an alternative, I can take a high dose ibuprofen and see if that helps. So that's what I'm going to try.

Blood test results still pending, but I don't expect them to reveal much.

It is looking like this will be a mystery. Hopefully it clears on its own and I don't have to figure it out. It's possible this could stick around awhile. I'm actually going to be buying lower-backed shoes, because the present shoes I have are hurting me as a result of this. (The shoes didn't cause it, but now seem to be aggravating it.)

I was told this could possibly be the beginning of an autoimmune issue or something like that revealing itself, but at the moment it's too early to conclude such a thing.

And they didn't say this, but I can't ignore the fact that I got a really bad case of elbow bursitis 2 weeks after the vaccine booster, and this awful thing 6 weeks after the vaccine booster. I'm not saying the vaccine did this, but I'm also not saying the vaccine isn't a suspect.

While I am not regretting my decision to take the vaccine, shit like this is why it's not as "obvious" for younger people to take it as is being portrayed in the media. There's a lot we don't know about what this thing can to do you.

Load Metric
    alright, alright Druff and Dwai win

Name:  9EC35AF8-D805-44BE-AD15-E10A3D44F83C.jpeg
Views: 598
Size:  158.7 KB

Load Metric
    Does your cancelation result in an influx of emails showing you real estate in Florida/Texas?

Comments

Sheesfaced: lol

Sanlmar: ba-dum tish. you’ve been a great audience

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Things got a lot better today, though not perfect.

There will be radio tonight. More info soon.

Comments

country978: happy to hear this, Druff

dwai:

drufdajewgod: I just logged on in case of a radio update... I was starting to miss it. Ty druff

Forum Wars: Oh Lordy, Druff's way past 40! Let the show go on...

gimmick:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    In other news anybody remember Lynette chan from fulltilt??? I met her tonight random at the airport on Vancouver . She was flying to lax in business class. I was like you Lynette chan from back in the day... And she started laughing. She starts saying I really must have been the luckiest player ever and I got lucky and met annie Duke at commerce one day and she hooked her up with the ft recruiter person . She said that she actually sucked at poker and was just a luckbox. Rare you meet somebody who says that about their poker no matter who it is. Any way shes living in LA and Into some type of hot yoga thes days hasn't played poker on years. Cute and cool chick. It's funny cuz my dad was friends with the dad of the other ft pro from Vancouver back in the day Greg fbt Mueller. Funny how everything is connected in one way or another. She remembered Micon lol we talked about his Bitcoin balling amongst other things. Anyway... Just a funny encounter. Hope everyone is killing it...

Comments

Crowe Diddly:

Load Metric
    Druff, reading your medical posts over the last 10 years has made it literally impossible to feel sorry for myself. Everything from your ankle to your asshole.

It's good to see that you seemed to have persevered through this latest challenge.

The one small consolation will be in 50 or 60 years from now when you pass on. Research doctors from all over the world will fight for the right to examine your corpse with the hope of winning a Nobel Prize for curing almost everything.

I can see one doctor turning to the others at the examination table and saying "How did this Heeb make it to 110? It's a fucking medical miracle!"

Comments

country978: classic!!

Load Metric
    Please put the $25 I won 3 weeks ago into the freeroll.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So radio will be tonight, but not at 9:30, obviously. I have some family-related things I had to do, and I'm currently still putting radio topics together at the moment.

I'll do a late show with no freeroll. Hopefully we can return to normal next week.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    In other news anybody remember Lynette chan from fulltilt??? I met her tonight random at the airport on Vancouver . She was flying to lax in business class. I was like you Lynette chan from back in the day... And she started laughing. She starts saying I really must have been the luckiest player ever and I got lucky and met annie Duke at commerce one day and she hooked her up with the ft recruiter person . She said that she actually sucked at poker and was just a luckbox. Rare you meet somebody who says that about their poker no matter who it is. Any way shes living in LA and Into some type of hot yoga thes days hasn't played poker on years. Cute and cool chick. It's funny cuz my dad was friends with the dad of the other ft pro from Vancouver back in the day Greg fbt Mueller. Funny how everything is connected in one way or another. She remembered Micon lol we talked about his Bitcoin balling amongst other things. Anyway... Just a funny encounter. Hope everyone is killing it...
    Crazy story, sounds like Annie Duke was pretty cool. I don't remember the reason, maybe Full Tilt but in the poker world there was quite a bit of negativity directed towards her (Annie Duke). Some people were saying the most fucked up shit they could possibly think of, just being as rude as possible. I've always felt they were totally out of line and she was unfairly demonized. Sorry for the derail.
    Last edited by Entropy; 12-11-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

The "Patient Safety Coordinator" at the hospital was the one in charge of investigating all of this. I made a complaint to her on Monday, which I already described in this post.

I was concerned that, with the hospital basically investigating itself, they would go into coverup mode and try to find reasons why everything was fine -- even if it meant lying or heavily bending the truth. For that reason, I repeatedly said that I was simply looking to not pay the patient portion of the bill, wasn't looking to sue them, and was willing to sign to that if necessary.

Nine days passed, and I didn't hear anything. I was told I would get a call within 7 days, so I called her back today. She said that they were "still investigating", and didn't seem to know much. It seemed she hadn't done very much. She promised to look into it more today and get back to me in the afternoon.

Well, I got the call back about 30 minutes ago.

She said that I was indeed examined by the doctor. "How?", I asked. She claimed he was in the triage area, and examined me at the time. Complete bullshit. He may have been there (I don't know what he looks like), but I wasn't examined. Lie #1.

She said that they DID know I was on a diuretic, and that the doctor prescribed a second one "because the other one wasn't working well, if you were that swollen." Not only was this a medical mistake, but it's a lie. When I told the nurse I was on it, he was shocked, and said he didn't realize that. When he went back to the PA (who had taken over the case from the doctor by that point), she simply said to "take it anyway", and that it won't hurt that I'm already on one. Nobody ever said that they knew and I was being prescribed a second one, because they didn't know. Lie #2.

I then said, "Wait a minute. You're asserting they knew what meds I was on. So tell me right now... what meds was I on? If you can tell me right now, then that should prove you guys had this information like you're claiming."

She got defensive and barked, "I don't need to do this with you right now" and "I'm not going back and forth here. My investigation is complete."

When I asked, "How can a patient safety coordinator not care whether or not my existing meds were checked?", she responded, "I'm satisfied with my investigation and don't need to ask any more questions. Your care was to a satisfactory standard."

So obviously they're dodging the meds thing because they know they didn't ask, and this is the one piece of major proof I have against them. They can't say what meds I'm on because they never asked, and they can't reverse engineer stories around it. The rest of the story was definitely reverse engineered from my complaint -- basically coming up with after-the-fact excuses to explain everything.

She said that they DID look at my uric acid levels. If that's true, it's LOL because they were constantly fighting me on it, and refusing to answer either way, until finally denying it at the end. So if they did it after all, that's funny. Might be bullshit though, like the other things.

When I asked who she reports to, she refused to tell me. When I asked why that's a secret, she literally hung up on me.

Obviously the hospital was in "protect their ass" mode, and wasn't interested in doing a serious investigation on the matter. I suspected this might happen.

What will I do now?

I'm going to get my medical records from that visit, and then decide what to do next. I'm definitely not paying the bill. They can send it to collections if they want. I will respond with a letter, indicating why I'm not paying.

I may or may not report them to the state. Not sure if it's worth my time, because I don't have tangible damages, so this pales in comparison to most ER fuckups. Still, might be worth getting on record and having them have to answer to regulators why my meds weren't checked.

Never going back to this particular ER ever again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

The "Patient Safety Coordinator" at the hospital was the one in charge of investigating all of this. I made a complaint to her on Monday, which I already described in this post.

I was concerned that, with the hospital basically investigating itself, they would go into coverup mode and try to find reasons why everything was fine -- even if it meant lying or heavily bending the truth. For that reason, I repeatedly said that I was simply looking to not pay the patient portion of the bill, wasn't looking to sue them, and was willing to sign to that if necessary.

Nine days passed, and I didn't hear anything. I was told I would get a call within 7 days, so I called her back today. She said that they were "still investigating", and didn't seem to know much. It seemed she hadn't done very much. She promised to look into it more today and get back to me in the afternoon.

Well, I got the call back about 30 minutes ago.

She said that I was indeed examined by the doctor. "How?", I asked. She claimed he was in the triage area, and examined me at the time. Complete bullshit. He may have been there (I don't know what he looks like), but I wasn't examined. Lie #1.

She said that they DID know I was on a diuretic, and that the doctor prescribed a second one "because the other one wasn't working well, if you were that swollen." Not only was this a medical mistake, but it's a lie. When I told the nurse I was on it, he was shocked, and said he didn't realize that. When he went back to the PA (who had taken over the case from the doctor by that point), she simply said to "take it anyway", and that it won't hurt that I'm already on one. Nobody ever said that they knew and I was being prescribed a second one, because they didn't know. Lie #2.

I then said, "Wait a minute. You're asserting they knew what meds I was on. So tell me right now... what meds was I on? If you can tell me right now, then that should prove you guys had this information like you're claiming."

She got defensive and barked, "I don't need to do this with you right now" and "I'm not going back and forth here. My investigation is complete."

When I asked, "How can a patient safety coordinator not care whether or not my existing meds were checked?", she responded, "I'm satisfied with my investigation and don't need to ask any more questions. Your care was to a satisfactory standard."

So obviously they're dodging the meds thing because they know they didn't ask, and this is the one piece of major proof I have against them. They can't say what meds I'm on because they never asked, and they can't reverse engineer stories around it. The rest of the story was definitely reverse engineered from my complaint -- basically coming up with after-the-fact excuses to explain everything.

She said that they DID look at my uric acid levels. If that's true, it's LOL because they were constantly fighting me on it, and refusing to answer either way, until finally denying it at the end. So if they did it after all, that's funny. Might be bullshit though, like the other things.

When I asked who she reports to, she refused to tell me. When I asked why that's a secret, she literally hung up on me.

Obviously the hospital was in "protect their ass" mode, and wasn't interested in doing a serious investigation on the matter. I suspected this might happen.

What will I do now?

I'm going to get my medical records from that visit, and then decide what to do next. I'm definitely not paying the bill. They can send it to collections if they want. I will respond with a letter, indicating why I'm not paying.

I may or may not report them to the state. Not sure if it's worth my time, because I don't have tangible damages, so this pales in comparison to most ER fuckups. Still, might be worth getting on record and having them have to answer to regulators why my meds weren't checked.

Oh well that's life. Keep on trying

Load Metric
    BUMP

I yelled at the manager at the Dunks down the street, now my life is ruined because I have to go 1/4 mile out of my way to the next one.

Imagine not being able to go to your ER… yikes

Load Metric
    So whens radio again? Although i havent finished last weeks episode yet so I shouldnt be asking probably.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    BUMP

I yelled at the manager at the Dunks down the street, now my life is ruined because I have to go 1/4 mile out of my way to the next one.

Imagine not being able to go to your ER… yikes
    There are a few in my area, so it's no big deal.

I actually CAN go back there. I just don't want to because there was a ton of incompetence.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP again

I got my medical records. I think I have pretty strong evidence that they were incompetent and never checked my meds.

I was there in March 2020 for a different reason, and they basically copy-pasta'd my meds from then onto the December 2021 visit. How do I know? Because I was on different meds in December 2021, and those weren't listed.

But wait, there's more!

Here's something that was listed from my intake information:

He states that he was unable to walk 4 days ago and was given medication for gout by his PCP with improvement.
    However, this so-called "gout medication" (actually a strong prescription anti-inflammatory) is not listed ANYWHERE in the report. So here you have them putting in their own notes that I told them I was on a "gout medication", without any mention of what that medication was.

This is important, because obviously they can't simply claim that I erroneously told them I was on the same meds as March 2020. Here they admit I was talking about a new medication I was just given 4 days prior, yet they don't know what it is, nor do they claim they asked.

This explains why the "patient safety" woman got so defensive when I asked what she found regarding the meds problem, ultimately hanging up on me and refusing to look into it. She knew I was 100% right here, and they didn't want to admit liability.

I am in the process of trying to reach a higher-up at the hospital, to do the following:

1) Point out that my medical records back my story of the sheer incompetence there, where they forgot to ask me what meds I was on, and then double-prescribed what I was already taking.

2) Complain that the "Patient Safety" manager refused to investigate the medication thing, and hung up on me when I raised issue about it.

3) Justify why I am not sending them a penny for this.

Incidentally, my insurance already coughed up thousands for this LOL visit, and they only want like $400 from me, but fuck them. They are getting zero point zero for this malpractice-ridden visit.

Load Metric
    BUMP again

I got my medical records. I think I have pretty strong evidence that they were incompetent and never checked my meds.

I was there in March 2020 for a different reason, and they basically copy-pasta'd my meds from then onto the December 2021 visit. How do I know? Because I was on different meds in December 2021, and those weren't listed.

But wait, there's more!

He states that he was unable to walk 4 days ago and was given medication for gout by his PCP with improvement.
    However, this so-called "gout medication" (actually a strong prescription anti-inflammatory) is not listed ANYWHERE in the report. So here you have them putting in their own notes that I told them I was on a "gout medication", without any mention of what that medication was.

This is important, because obviously they can't simply claim that I erroneously told them I was on the same meds as March 2020. Here they admit I was talking about a new medication I was just given 4 days prior, yet they don't know what it is, nor do they claim they asked.

This explains why the "patient safety" woman got so defensive when I asked what she found regarding the meds problem, ultimately hanging up on me and refusing to look into it. She knew I was 100% right here, and they didn't want to admit liability.

I am in the process of trying to reach a higher-up at the hospital, to do the following:

1) Point out that my medical records back my story of the sheer incompetence there, where they forgot to ask me what meds I was on, and then double-prescribed what I was already taking.

2) Complain that the "Patient Safety" manager refused to investigate the medication thing, and hung up on me when I raised issue about it.

Incidentally, my insurance already coughed up thousands for this LOL visit, and they only want like $400 from me, but fuck them. They are getting zero point zero for this malpractice-ridden visit.

bro you might be insane

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    BUMP again

But wait, there's more!

bro you might be insane
    Unlike a struggling mom and pop restaurant you can ghost for over a year and then strong arm into swapping out a healthy side option for gout inducing fries, hospitals are well equipped to dealing with disgruntled patients, many of whom actually come with legitimate gripes.

Always the chance you run into the person who can push a button just to get you the fuck away but you're setting yourself up for an even bigger cucking than was already delivered to you.

Better come heavy with a letter from your psychiatrist documenting the impact from the fallout of this situation.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    BUMP again

But wait, there's more!

bro you might be insane
    Druff obsesses over shit like this and still wonders why he suffers from depression.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

bro you might be insane
    Unlike a struggling mom and pop restaurant you can ghost for over a year and then strong arm into swapping out a healthy side option for gout inducing fries, hospitals are well equipped to dealing with disgruntled patients, many of whom actually come with legitimate gripes.

Always the chance you run into the person who can push a button just to get you the fuck away but you're setting yourself up for an even bigger cucking than was already delivered to you.

Better come heavy with a letter from your psychiatrist documenting the impact from the fallout of this situation.
    Your trolling is tiresome.

I have proof that the ER didn't ask for a list of my meds during my visit, and committed malpractice by double-prescribing what I was already on. Only reason I'm not suing their ass is because I was smart enough not to follow their retarded advice, so I have no damages other than time wasted.

Is that standard care in Porltand, or nah?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

bro you might be insane
    Druff obsesses over shit like this and still wonders why he suffers from depression.
    I would suffer from depression if I paid the bill for such bullshit "care".

Couldn't live with that.

Thread Information