Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Radio won't happen this week... or perhaps for the rest of 2021 (update: Radio BACK, but I had terrible ER visit riddled with incompetence)

Load Metric
    druff to what extent do you think running a watering hole for aging white nationalists is impacting your physical well being?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    druff to what extent do you think running a watering hole for aging white nationalists is impacting your physical well being?
    ‘tine to what extent do you think running [redacted] is impacting your obesity?

Comments

dwai: chef's kiss

jsearles22: Got heem

sonatine: lets be honest at best im walking [redacted]

splitthis:

Load Metric
    I whistled at a white woman today.

Silver
    Load Metric
    If Druff shut this place down, where would you have to act smug and superior?

Comments

dwai: chef's kiss

YUUP: Haha

sonatine: nature ... finds a way

splitthis: It’s the greatest dichotomy of all

Dan Druff: lolz

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Yup

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Doing MRI in 90 minutes.

Fortunately it's a foot MRI so I won't have my head in the tube. This is also a time where it helps to be tall.

Still, I hate shit like this, so I will be breaking out the Xanax for this one. This will actually be the first MRI I have since my psychological issues started 3 years ago. My last MRI was in 2015, also on my foot, when I had a sprained ankle that wasn't healing for some reason. That MRI ended up not telling me much, other than that they could see it still had some kind of problem. It took 9 months (!!), but one day I woke up and the ankle was abruptly better, and it was never a problem since. It was never medically explained why it took 9 months to stop hurting, nor how it got better so abruptly. At one point I figured it would hurt me the rest of my life.

I do remember that MRI was pretty easy, though, as far as MRIs go, since only half my body was in the tube.

Comments

Pablo: Hope they figure this out. Get well

Load Metric
    Hope you get better soon. I can empathize. My dad tripped on the carpet had to go to emergency room a week ago. Being transferred to a rehab facility for on month. Broke his hip got operated on.

Load Metric
    Look on the bright side, Druff. It's a pain in an appendage. Not life threating stuff. You'll figure it out (yes, it sucks from a quality of life point of view, but, it'll work out). Get better soon.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Doing MRI in 90 minutes.

Fortunately it's a foot MRI so I won't have my head in the tube. This is also a time where it helps to be tall.

Still, I hate shit like this, so I will be breaking out the Xanax for this one. This will actually be the first MRI I have since my psychological issues started 3 years ago. My last MRI was in 2015, also on my foot, when I had a sprained ankle that wasn't healing for some reason. That MRI ended up not telling me much, other than that they could see it still had some kind of problem. It took 9 months (!!), but one day I woke up and the ankle was abruptly better, and it was never a problem since. It was never medically explained why it took 9 months to stop hurting, nor how it got better so abruptly. At one point I figured it would hurt me the rest of my life.

I do remember that MRI was pretty easy, though, as far as MRIs go, since only half my body was in the tube.
    They'll likely will use the xxl mri machine. Too bad they aren't doing the head because it could provide ground breaking results.

Let us know the charges

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    ‘tine to what extent do you think running [redacted] is impacting your obesity?
    I thought he was drinking Dr Pepper Cream Soda Zero Sugar.. No wait thats just to pour into his bubbling vibrating foot bath.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    If Druff shut this place down, where would you have to act smug and superior?
    Skatz where else?

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'm seeing a rheumatologist tomorrow. Wasn't all that easy to find one to see me really quickly, but after some calling around, I eventually did. They will very likely be taking the fluid out and testing it for crystals, and I'll know for sure whether or not this is gout.

After I got that appointment successfully in the books, I moved on to the secondary task of calling the hospital to complain.

I was referred to the "Patient Safety" manager, who apparently has the job of taking these type of complaints. While she needs to actually investigate what occurred (which is totally fine and expected), she did state that she agreed some things were very wrong there if my story is accurate.

She said that a doctor or PA should have seen me and examined me, and that if this wasn't done (it wasn't), that was a big blunder.

She also agreed that the medication thing was a huge fail, if that's really what happened (it was).

Supposedly she will call me within a week and let me know her findings, and then we will go from there. I let her know that I'm not looking to sue anyone or get money out of this. I said that I simply didn't want to pay the patient portion of the bill, given that I didn't get any real care there, and the only thing I got was malpractice (being prescribed meds I'm already on, and told to "take it anyway" once I explained this, which could have made my problem worse if I did).

I wanted her to know that I was only looking for the 3-figure patient portion to be wiped, and nothing else, because often these hospitals go into coverup mode if they think they're going to be on the other end of a big lawsuit. So I made it clear I'm not trying to go that route, so hopefully I'll get a more honest investigation. We'll see.

Either way, I'm not paying. They can get what they want from the insurance -- I don't give a shit about that. I just am not paying anything myself.
    Since you're such a strong defender of the current system of healthcare (privatized).
    The healthcare system that gives the USA the distinction of being the only country in the developed world that does not provide health care to all of its citizens.

The healthcare system that consistently produces these results. Pre Covid
    A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.
    WTF!
    You strongly opposed Sen Sanders plan to address these problems.

I'd argue the minor errors that you experienced are totally standard and you shouldn't withhold payment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I'm seeing a rheumatologist tomorrow. Wasn't all that easy to find one to see me really quickly, but after some calling around, I eventually did. They will very likely be taking the fluid out and testing it for crystals, and I'll know for sure whether or not this is gout.

After I got that appointment successfully in the books, I moved on to the secondary task of calling the hospital to complain.

I was referred to the "Patient Safety" manager, who apparently has the job of taking these type of complaints. While she needs to actually investigate what occurred (which is totally fine and expected), she did state that she agreed some things were very wrong there if my story is accurate.

She said that a doctor or PA should have seen me and examined me, and that if this wasn't done (it wasn't), that was a big blunder.

She also agreed that the medication thing was a huge fail, if that's really what happened (it was).

Supposedly she will call me within a week and let me know her findings, and then we will go from there. I let her know that I'm not looking to sue anyone or get money out of this. I said that I simply didn't want to pay the patient portion of the bill, given that I didn't get any real care there, and the only thing I got was malpractice (being prescribed meds I'm already on, and told to "take it anyway" once I explained this, which could have made my problem worse if I did).

I wanted her to know that I was only looking for the 3-figure patient portion to be wiped, and nothing else, because often these hospitals go into coverup mode if they think they're going to be on the other end of a big lawsuit. So I made it clear I'm not trying to go that route, so hopefully I'll get a more honest investigation. We'll see.

Either way, I'm not paying. They can get what they want from the insurance -- I don't give a shit about that. I just am not paying anything myself.
    Since you're such a strong defender of the current system of healthcare (privatized).
    The healthcare system that gives the USA the distinction of being the only country in the developed world that does not provide health care to all of its citizens.

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.
    WTF!

I'd argue the minor errors that you experienced are totally standard and you shouldn't withhold payment.
    I hope you're joking about "minor errors".

The only thing they did for me was suggest I take a medication which duplicates one I was already taking, and likely would have caused me harm if I followed their instructions.

This was after they had failed to take a list of medications I was on, which is super standard to do.

I also didn't see a doctor (or PA) the entire time, until I was discharged.

Fail all around. Even the hospital's own administrator told me that this shit was pretty bad, provided my story was accurate (which she's now investigating).

Regarding your other points, medical errors would not decrease if the government was in charge of healthcare. In fact, I believe it would get worse, and for sure we'd see a huge reduction in availability. I got into a rheumatologist within 1 day, and got an MRI & ultrasound the following day. In countries with socialized medicine, I'd be waiting 4+ months for each.

"You're not dying, so you can wait!"

No thanks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

WTF!

I hope you're joking about "minor errors".

The only thing they did for me was suggest I take a medication which duplicates one I was already taking, and likely would have caused me harm if I followed their instructions.

This was after they had failed to take a list of medications I was on, which is super standard to do.

I also didn't see a doctor (or PA) the entire time, until I was discharged.

Fail all around. Even the hospital's own administrator told me that this shit was pretty bad, provided my story was accurate (which she's now investigating).

Regarding your other points, medical errors would not decrease if the government was in charge of healthcare. In fact, I believe it would get worse, and for sure we'd see a huge reduction in availability. I got into a rheumatologist within 1 day, and got an MRI & ultrasound the following day. In countries with socialized medicine, I'd be waiting 4+ months for each.

"You're not dying, so you can wait!"

No thanks.
    No doubt it's frustrating when you believe the worst is happening but triage is ER personnel's main priority in dealing with the general public.

Whining loudly does not trump health problems more severe than yours.

Even in private pay systems I believe slipping an ER nurse a hundo won't get you anywhere

Silver
    Load Metric
    poppin a xan just cuz u have to stick ur leg in the MRI tube?

Comments

dwai: LOL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post

i never heard of anyone so sore for not getting $20 promptly. Why is it exactly that you're so desperate for this cash? Maybe we can all venmo you a quarter if you give us a good enough story

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

i never heard of anyone so sore for not getting $20 promptly. Why is it exactly that you're so desperate for this cash? Maybe we can all venmo you a quarter if you give us a good enough story

promptly? lol its been 4 months... would it be better if it was 20K?

my post has nothing to do with getting stiffed on the freeroll either FYI, its just funny that hes planning on taking xanax for an MRI

Gold
    Load Metric

my post has nothing to do with getting stiffed on the freeroll either FYI, its just funny that hes planning on taking xanax for an MRI
    Why would someone's anxiety be funny to you? Why would you want to go around with these negative feelings in your heart? Maybe you'd feel better if you just try to cheer up a little.

Silver
    Load Metric

Why would someone's anxiety be funny to you? Why would you want to go around with these negative feelings in your heart? Maybe you'd feel better if you just try to cheer up a little.

Load Metric
    Any update yet Druff?

Comments

country978:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Why would someone's abuse of alcohol be funny to many on this forum including it's owner. Similarly why would anyone find it funny to strand a young female at an airport and for the guilty party to make light of it afterward.

Thread Information