Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio won't happen this week... or perhaps for the rest of 2021 (update: Radio BACK, but I had terrible ER visit riddled with incompetence)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    lol finally some entertainment around here, do they treat mental health issues in the ER?
    As a matter of fact, yes they do. I used to do psych consults in the ER of a small hospital I worked at. That neon "EMERGENCY" sign is like a welcoming beacon for people with all sorts of issues. Sometimes if they were dissatisfied with their treatment they would get loud and obnoxious and refuse to leave. That's when I was called. Mostly though, the folks I was called to see just wanted some drugs. Of course, there were some who had genuine serious problems and they would go to the psych unit.

As for this:
    "most businesses which check credit tend to ignore medical debt if everything else looks clean." How would YOU know? (Druff)
    If a medical debt stays on your report for a certain length of time, it WILL drop your score, and someone doing a credit check might not go any further than that.
    My credit score is great.

If it drops some, I don't care.

I don't even need a high score at this stage of my life.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I spoke to another doctor friend.

I was told to forget about complaining about the EKG and uric acid thing... that these are subjective and nobody is going to be impressed with a layman telling them what they shoulda coulda done.

He told me that he saw two really egregious problems in the whole thing:

1) Not asking for my medications I was taking, and then attempting to prescribe me meds which duplicated what I was already taking. Even worse, when I pointed this out, the nurse checked with the PA, who told the nurse to tell me to "take them anyway". He said this was a huge error on their part and "would have been a malpractice case had you done this and something adverse ocurred."

2) Refusing to let me see the doctor/PA the entire time, including when I repeatedly asked.

He said it's legal in California for PA's to treat people independently, and they aren't required to inform you beforehand. However, he agreed that the refusal of ANY doctor/PA to see me at all during the visit (except when I was being discharged) was non-standard and weird.

He said that if I want them to zero the bill, focus on those two things and forget the other bullshit. So that's what I'll do.
    So you were really wrong about the uric acid insistence, and acting like an entitled blowhard likely led you to get worse care.

Good luck on owning heads negotiating that bill down, but just be humble and treat people with respect, as you were dead wrong and really should apologize. SMH

Comments

1marley1: as if
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I spoke to another doctor friend.

I was told to forget about complaining about the EKG and uric acid thing... that these are subjective and nobody is going to be impressed with a layman telling them what they shoulda coulda done.

He told me that he saw two really egregious problems in the whole thing:

1) Not asking for my medications I was taking, and then attempting to prescribe me meds which duplicated what I was already taking. Even worse, when I pointed this out, the nurse checked with the PA, who told the nurse to tell me to "take them anyway". He said this was a huge error on their part and "would have been a malpractice case had you done this and something adverse ocurred."

2) Refusing to let me see the doctor/PA the entire time, including when I repeatedly asked.

He said it's legal in California for PA's to treat people independently, and they aren't required to inform you beforehand. However, he agreed that the refusal of ANY doctor/PA to see me at all during the visit (except when I was being discharged) was non-standard and weird.

He said that if I want them to zero the bill, focus on those two things and forget the other bullshit. So that's what I'll do.
    So you were really wrong about the uric acid insistence, and acting like an entitled blowhard likely led you to get worse care.

Good luck on owning heads negotiating that bill down, but just be humble and treat people with respect, as you were dead wrong and really should apologize. SMH
    With Druff its completely transactional. He is even now admitting he did not have a medical issue but went there due to anxiety. But its not about wasting everyone's time in the ER on a issue he probably found on the internet and suddenly developed. So he is going to protest not getting an EKG and another test he clearly did not need. It all comes down to, hey mutherfucker I am a bracelet winner and own a website, you know who I am?????? Just awful. Guy walks into an ER for care he does not need in the middle of Covid and is pissed he is given an invoice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

With Druff its completely transactional. He is even now admitting he did not have a medical issue but went there due to anxiety. But its not about wasting everyone's time in the ER on a issue he probably found on the internet and suddenly developed. So he is going to protest not getting an EKG and another test he clearly did not need. It all comes down to, hey mutherfucker I am a bracelet winner and own a website, you know who I am?????? Just awful. Guy walks into an ER for care he does not need in the middle of Covid and is pissed he is given an invoice.

druff does have a tendency much like 14 year old girls to read about diagnoses and think he has it.

Sad!

Gold
    Load Metric

these are stressful moments and situations in the middle of the night with people who did not provide good service. A person in pain can never think as rationally as the same person when not in pain and these people know that and see it daily. They see far worse. As for the whole spitting in the food business when you witnessed this happen how did you respond? Did you ever do that to anyone?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Whether it's Toys R Us or the ER you have a personality issue that tells you that you are number one. It is far from true but you can't see that

It seems you are more gout than goat.

Gout???? WTF?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

these are stressful moments and situations in the middle of the night with people who did not provide good service. A person in pain can never think as rationally as the same person when not in pain and these people know that and see it daily. They see far worse. As for the whole spitting in the food business when you witnessed this happen how did you respond? Did you ever do that to anyone?
    You missed the point. Druff went into the ER for what he already admitted was stress induced. Ok, that happens all the time in ERs, which is why they are generally overloaded. He is pissed he was not given a battery of tests the medical professionals decided he did not need. Guess what, he did not need them, which is why he was posting 12 hour straight. He is pissed because some 'lowly ER' person said no. And you never do that with Druff, whether in an ER or a pizza place or at a hotel front desk. He is always the smartest guy in the room and nothing will change that.

Gold
    Load Metric

You missed the point. Druff went into the ER for what he already admitted was stress induced. Ok, that happens all the time in ERs, which is why they are generally overloaded. He is pissed he was not given a battery of tests the medical professionals decided he did not need. Guess what, he did not need them, which is why he was posting 12 hour straight. He is pissed because some 'lowly ER' person said no. And you never do that with Druff, whether in an ER or a pizza place or at a hotel front desk. He is always the smartest guy in the room and nothing will change that.
    What did you do when you witnessed the person spitting in another persons food?

Load Metric

What did you do when you witnessed the person spitting in another persons food?
    I called the police and he was arrested on the spot.

Load Metric
    As a matter of fact, yes they do. I used to do psych consults in the ER of a small hospital I worked at. That neon "EMERGENCY" sign is like a welcoming beacon for people with all sorts of issues. Sometimes if they were dissatisfied with their treatment they would get loud and obnoxious and refuse to leave. That's when I was called. Mostly though, the folks I was called to see just wanted some drugs. Of course, there were some who had genuine serious problems and they would go to the psych unit.

As for this:
    "most businesses which check credit tend to ignore medical debt if everything else looks clean." How would YOU know? (Druff)
    If a medical debt stays on your report for a certain length of time, it WILL drop your score, and someone doing a credit check might not go any further than that.

Medical bills cannot affect your credit score by law.

Uric acid level standard for gout diagnosis.

Anti inflammatory good, colchicine short term for acute, then allopurinol for long term maintenance.

Druff correct to ask for the test.

Gout attack is terribly painful.

Leave Druff alone.

Comments

David USF: Yeah! Leave Britney alone!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

shut up

Anti inflammatory good, colchicine short term for acute, then allopurinol for long term maintenance.

Leave Druff alone.
    shut up

Comments

splitthis: No
    Last edited by limitles; 12-05-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

shut up

Leave Druff alone.
    shut up

Load Metric
    Duff,

Can I have your stuff?

Load Metric

Leave Druff alone.
    Lifestyle changes? Hopping on a foot to take a piss would have me do anything.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    If Druff has GOUT, shouldn't they have done a Uric Acid test since a medical professional would see he was presenting symptoms of gout AND:

Gout: literally caused by prolonged raised uric acid levels.

It just takes a ticky on the requisition form.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Leave Druff alone.
    Per Experian website:

Do Medical Bills Hurt Your Credit?
    Medical bills will not affect your credit as long as you pay them. However, medical debt is handled a little differently than other types of consumer debt. Since most health care providers don't report to credit bureaus, your debt would have to be sold to a collection agency before appearing on your credit report. Most medical providers won't sell the debt to a collection agency until you are 60, 90 or even 120 days or more past due. Exactly when that happens depends on your health care provider.

Even after your bill goes to collections, the account won't show up on your credit report right away. The three main consumer credit bureaus—Experian, TransUnion and Equifax—give you a 180-day waiting period to resolve any medical debt before the collection account appears in your credit history, so medical bills won't impact your credit score right away.

So your statement above is entirely false. Where did you get that?

Whether or not Druff "needs a high credit score" or not wasn't the point of my comment.

Your understanding of some general lifestyle principles is commendable but you don't know how contracted Emergency Services in hospitals work.
    They are in it for the money, and they try to minimize costs by essentially working from standardized responses. The doctors and PA's don't have as much autonomy as you might think. I'm not saying I agree with this model, but that's the way it is.

I will say this: IF they prescribed meds without asking him what he was already taking, that is a serious error. So serious that I'm inclined to doubt that it actually happened that way, but if it did then that's something that should be followed up on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    If Druff has GOUT, shouldn't they have done a Uric Acid test since a medical professional would see he was presenting symptoms of gout AND:

Gout: literally caused by prolonged raised uric acid levels.

It just takes a ticky on the requisition form.
    Gout typically affects one joint, since he was having bilateral issues, either that test or an X-ray showing gouty arthritis is warranted. What if it wasn’t gout and is something else?

I stayed out of all courtrooms in my career by following one simple rule. How would this situation play out in court? Clearly if Druff has a different condition he has a case, period.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Leave Druff alone.
    Per Experian website:

Medical bills will not affect your credit as long as you pay them. However, medical debt is handled a little differently than other types of consumer debt. Since most health care providers don't report to credit bureaus, your debt would have to be sold to a collection agency before appearing on your credit report. Most medical providers won't sell the debt to a collection agency until you are 60, 90 or even 120 days or more past due. Exactly when that happens depends on your health care provider.

Even after your bill goes to collections, the account won't show up on your credit report right away. The three main consumer credit bureaus—Experian, TransUnion and Equifax—give you a 180-day waiting period to resolve any medical debt before the collection account appears in your credit history, so medical bills won't impact your credit score right away.

Whether or not Druff "needs a high credit score" or not wasn't the point of my comment.

Your understanding of some general lifestyle principles is commendable but you don't know how contracted Emergency Services in hospitals work.
    They are in it for the money, and they try to minimize costs by essentially working from standardized responses. The doctors and PA's don't have as much autonomy as you might think. I'm not saying I agree with this model, but that's the way it is.

I will say this: IF they prescribed meds without asking him what he was already taking, that is a serious error. So serious that I'm inclined to doubt that it actually happened that way, but if it did then that's something that should be followed up on.
    Hospitals never report unpaid bills to credit reports. Collection agencies are so overwhelmed with bills that unless it is a huge bill and the person has the funds to pay, it will never come to that.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

Per Experian website:

Hospitals never report unpaid bills to credit reports. Collection agencies are so overwhelmed with bills that unless it is a huge bill and the person has the funds to pay, it will never come to that.
    This is great news for the tens of thousands of people who have had their credit scores hurt by hospital bills. I guess they are just misinformed.

Load Metric
    It’s not the same, not even close.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information