Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio won't happen this week... or perhaps for the rest of 2021 (update: Radio BACK, but I had terrible ER visit riddled with incompetence)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyway, I'm back home.

Before I left, I did talk to that PA. They chose not to do the uric acid test because they said it "wouldn't change treatment either way" no matter what it read.

But it was a conscious choice to refuse to do it. There was no "technicality" preventing it, and they wouldn't have been under any liability had they done it. It was also extremely fast and cheap to do, since they already took my blood. The results of the uric acid test would have informed all of the other results, because it would increase or decrease the likelihood gout was the cause of the problems.

The refusal was actually the misapplication of a general policy to avoid allowing patients to use the ER as a substitute for their general doctor. For example, if I were to say, "While you've got my blood, can you check my testosterone? I want to know if it's still normal for my age", they'd be correct to refuse, because that would have nothing to do with the reason I was there.

However, they did the standard metabolic panel, of which uric acid is often part anyway. For example, they checked my potassium, which also had no direct correlation with treatment.

I'm going to ask some doctors I know to give me their opinion. If they agree with bottomset and say I was out of line, then I will not complain. If they agree with me, then a complaint is forthcoming.
    What a horses ass you are. You go into an ER for a NON life threatening issue, and you berate nurses and doctors who are treating people dying from Covid every day. First you overreacted by going to an ER for a non emergency, then you bitch out people for no reason trying to help you in an ER for your non life threatening issue. And LOL saying nurses in an ER are not underpaid, you have no clue. They are not there for the pay, hours or prestige. They are there because they like helping patients. They even accept the fact they have to deal with an unruly asshole with a sore foot at 2am. Get some business about yourself. Life and personal conduct does not always have to be transactional.
    If it was a NON life threatening issue, I wouldn't have gone. I'd have waited until Monday and gone to a regular doctor. I hate the ER.

I'm about to turn 50, and all of a sudden I had increasing swelling in both feet and legs, plus tingling in both arms and hands, and higher BP than I ever had in my life.

On Saturday night at 1am, I can't exactly stroll into my doctor's office. It's either the ER or lol Urgent Care, the latter of which is useless.

The average RN in Los Angeles makes over $100k per year: https://www.indeed.com/career/regist...os-Angeles--CA

My argument wasn't even with the nurse. It was with the PA (physician's assistant), who makes $125k per year on average: https://www.salary.com/research/sala...los-angeles-ca

What does the average plumber make?

Load Metric

What a horses ass you are. You go into an ER for a NON life threatening issue, and you berate nurses and doctors who are treating people dying from Covid every day. First you overreacted by going to an ER for a non emergency, then you bitch out people for no reason trying to help you in an ER for your non life threatening issue. And LOL saying nurses in an ER are not underpaid, you have no clue. They are not there for the pay, hours or prestige. They are there because they like helping patients. They even accept the fact they have to deal with an unruly asshole with a sore foot at 2am. Get some business about yourself. Life and personal conduct does not always have to be transactional.
    If it was a NON life threatening issue, I wouldn't have gone. I'd have waited until Monday and gone to a regular doctor. I hate the ER.

I'm about to turn 50, and all of a sudden I had increasing swelling in both feet and legs, plus tingling in both arms and hands, and higher BP than I ever had in my life.

On Saturday night at 1am, I can't exactly stroll into my doctor's office. It's either the ER or lol Urgent Care, the latter of which is useless.

The average RN in Los Angeles makes over $100k per year: https://www.indeed.com/career/regist...os-Angeles--CA

My argument wasn't even with the nurse. It was with the PA (physician's assistant), who makes $125k per year on average: https://www.salary.com/research/sala...los-angeles-ca

There you go again, equating everything in life to money. You can 'tilt' me all you want calling me a plumber, a joke Jewdonk made back in the day, I am just impressed I am so front and center with people they remember that. But back to the topic, I LOL saying you will not complain if all your doctor friends(another LOL) tell you that you were in the wrong. You walk into basically a Covid Ward with a sore foot and you bitch and complain about the care you are receiving. Then you say you will not complain if you were in the wrong. You already complained and berated people. Your real answer should be: I will not continue to make a horses ass and bother people in an ER at 2am with a sore foot. Something you already did, but lets take small steps here.

You are priceless, go back to selfies with poker players who have no idea who you are. You got that down cold. You have more in common with Alec Baldwin, another delusional bot who claims he did nothing wrong. It's everyone else.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I don't go for this kind of talk ever, but miserly Jew seems appropriate here.

And not just miserly Jew but know it all Semite.

While I'm at it the persecution of your kind is understandable considering your hubris

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There you go again, equating everything in life to money. You can 'tilt' me all you want calling me a plumber, a joke Jewdonk made back in the day, I am just impressed I am so front and center with people they remember that. But back to the topic, I LOL saying you will not complain if all your doctor friends(another LOL) tell you that you were in the wrong. You walk into basically a Covid Ward with a sore foot and you bitch and complain about the care you are receiving. Then you say you will not complain if you were in the wrong. You already complained and berated people. Your real answer should be: I will not continue to make a horses ass and bother people in an ER at 2am with a sore foot. Something you already did, but lets take small steps here.

You are priceless, go back to selfies with poker players who have no idea who you are. You got that down cold. You have more in common with Alec Baldwin, another delusional bot who claims he did nothing wrong. It's everyone else.
    You made the moronic statement that nurses and PAs were "underpaid". I posted a link to their salaries to show you how stupid you were.

It wasn't a COVID ward. It wasn't busy at all. I walked in fearing a heart issue or some other life threatening condition. The "sore foot" was going to wait until Monday at a regular doctor's office.

I will complain if doctors with actual ER experience tell me the hospital was wrong to deny the uric acid test. If these doctors tell me their refusal was correct, then I will drop it. Sorry you have a hard time understanding this.

I don't take selfies with poker players. Is that what you do when you go to Vegas and see Mike Matusow walking around?

I think someone needs a meal at Red Lobster and a trip to Perth to unwind.

Load Metric

I don't take selfies with poker players.
    My bad.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I don't take selfies with poker players.
    My bad.

He's a Twitter legend, not a poker player.

Load Metric
    Druff isn’t 100k in LA underpaid?

I can see if you made 100k in some small hick town in the Midwest….but LA I’m assuming 100k is peanuts now.

Hope you feel better and figure it out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I can see if you made 100k in some small hick town in the Midwest….but LA I’m assuming 100k is peanuts now.

It's not big money, but by no means is it "underpaid". You can live quite well on 100k in LA, especially if it's part of a 2-income family (or you're just supporting yourself).

The "stop hassling underpaid workers" line should be reserved for situations with the employee making minimum wage, not a PA who makes $125k. That was my point to hurricane boy.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. The past week has been quite difficult. You don't know how awful it is to not be able to walk until you can't walk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

The "stop hassling underpaid workers" line should be reserved for situations with the employee making minimum wage, not a PA who makes $125k. That was my point to hurricane boy.
    Yet you hassle with Pizza employees all the time. But they don't count, I get it. You really just like making people miserable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I forgot to say one other thing.

I never saw a doctor. Didn't even see the PA until I was being discharged. I now belive there was no ER doctor (see below) -- perhaps one in a different part of the hospital who would come over if absolutely necessary.

They didn't disclose this to me. I think it was the PA handling my case the entire time. I don't think the doctor "went home in the middle" like they tried to tell me, because I never saw him.

I just spoke to one of my doctor friends on the phone. Here were some of his quotes:

"Of course they should test uric acid if gout is suspected. That PA is an idiot."

"It sounds like there was no doctor there in the ER, and they were hiding that from you. They should have told you this when you checked in, and had you go elsewhere if you didnt like a PA handling your case. Most people come to the ER to see a doctor."

"How can they not do an EKG of a 50-year-old man with possible heart faiure symptoms? Big time malpractice there."

"Wait, they didn't ask what meds you were taking prior to admitting you? You sure you went to a hospital in the US?"

He said that the whole place was a mess and I should call on Monday and demand for the bill to be written off.

Load Metric

I never saw a doctor. Didn't even see the PA until I was being discharged. I now belive there was no ER doctor (see below) -- perhaps one in a different part of the hospital who would come over if absolutely necessary.

They didn't disclose this to me. I think it was the PA handling my case the entire time. I don't think the doctor "went home in the middle" like they tried to tell me, because I never saw him.

I just spoke to one of my doctor friends on the phone. Here were some of his quotes:

"Of course they should test uric acid if gout is suspected. That PA is an idiot."

"It sounds like there was no doctor there in the ER, and they were hiding that from you. They should have told you this when you checked in, and had you go elsewhere if you didnt like a PA handling your case. Most people come to the ER to see a doctor."

"How can they not do an EKG of a 50-year-old man with possible heart faiure symptoms? Big time malpractice there."

"Wait, they didn't ask what meds you were taking prior to admitting you? You sure you went to a hospital in the US?"

He said that the whole place was a mess and I should call on Monday and demand for the bill to be written off.
    So we are to believe you called one of your 'doctor friends' 6am on a Sunday morning to discuss your invoice? Really, you expect anyone to believe that? Even if it were true, unlikely, who the hell would call anyone about an insurance deductible at 6am on a Sunday morning? I guess you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So we are to believe you called one of your 'doctor friends' 6am on a Sunday morning to discuss your invoice? Really, you expect anyone to believe that? Even if it were true, unlikely, who the hell would call anyone about an insurance deductible at 6am on a Sunday morning? I guess you.
    I called my doctor friend at 9am EST. Not everyone I know is in California.

I didn't discuss my invoice. I discussed my experience, which he felt was extremely substandard. I told him that I felt I was right for being frustrated, but a plumber on the internet was telling me otherwise, so I wanted to check with him.

He understood.

Load Metric

I didn't discuss my invoice. I discussed my experience, which he felt was extremely substandard. I told him that I felt I was right for being frustrated, but a plumber on the internet was telling me otherwise, so I wanted to check with him.

He understood.
    If this were true and I doubt it is, to call anyone on an early Sunday morning because you are steamed about essentially free care you received for a sore foot, or elevated BP is so bizarre I cannot even take the other side of the position just for perspective. BTW, even though you said you did not talk about the invoice, your Doctor friend said for you to refuse to pay it. Good luck with that, it will go to collections, you just cannot refuse to pay because you received care in an ER.

One more point, since you went to the ER for elevated BP and you are still alive posting all night with effectively no treatment proves the fact you overreacted. And by the way, LOL at saying you will never go to that ER again, they would be thrilled to know that, give them a call and let them know and see what they say.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

He understood.
    If this were true and I doubt it is, to call anyone on an early Sunday morning because you are steamed about essentially free care you received for a sore foot, or elevated BP is so bizarre I cannot even take the other side of the position just for perspective. BTW, even though you said you did not talk about the invoice, your Doctor friend said for you to refuse to pay it. Good luck with that, it will go to collections, you just cannot refuse to pay because you received care in an ER.

One more point, since you went to the ER for elevated BP and you are still alive posting all night with effectively no treatment proves the fact you overreacted. And by the way, LOL at saying you will never go to that ER again, they would be thrilled to know that, give them a call and let them know and see what they say.
    I texted the guy about my experience and asked if I could call him because it's too long to explain in text. Do I need to post the log of the phone call to get the bottomset approval?

I'm not going to just ignore the bill. I am going to call the hospital on Monday, speak to an administrator, and raise various issues.

Unless you think failing to ask what meds I'm on and failing to take an EKG means a competent ER, there's already a lot to complain about right there.

Obviously you're just trolling so I'm going to end this stupid debate. I already got my answer, and a complaint is forthcoming.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Malpractice, LOL. How much do think a flimsy case such as yours would have net you? Did your Dr. buddies consider the lawyer costs or were you were you on a three way call with Shapiro, Shapiro and Shapiro

Have you contacted desertrunner on this issue?

The judge better be named Shapiro as well

One more thing, how do you like your health care system now compared to that of Canada's communist plan? Did you even get a free healthy meal during your stay?
    Last edited by limitles; 12-05-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Malpractice, LOL. How much do think a flimsy case such as yours would have net you? Did your Dr. buddies consider the lawyer costs or were you were you on a three way call with Shapiro, Shapiro and Shapiro

One more thing, how do you like your health care system now compared to that of Canada's communist plan? Did you even get a free healthy meal during your stay?
    Oh, there's no malpractice case here.

I wish I could bring one, for their waste of my time and all the needless aggravation. There was definitely malpractice here, but I have no damages, so I have no case.

This one was definitely a FAIL of the US healthcare system, but it wasn't a fail from the standpoint of the system itself. It was just a group of incompetent employees acting stupidly. I probably didn't get the "A" team working there, given it was Saturday night at 2am.

Load Metric

I texted the guy about my experience and asked if I could call him because it's too long to explain in text. Do I need to post the log of the phone call to get the bottomset approval?

I'm not going to just ignore the bill. I am going to call the hospital on Monday, speak to an administrator, and raise various issues.

Unless you think failing to ask what meds I'm on and failing to take an EKG means a competent ER, there's already a lot to complain about right there.

Obviously you're just trolling so I'm going to end this stupid debate. I already got my answer, and a complaint is forthcoming.
    Nobody is trolling you, we all just think its hilarious you are going to tell the hospital you are never coming back. Like they would do anything other than the pizza clerk you berate, saying thank God this guy is never coming here again. Ok Druff, I will go unclog some toilets, hahahaha, so funny.

Load Metric
    Test

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Oh, there's no malpractice case here.

I wish I could bring one, for their waste of my time and all the needless aggravation. There was definitely malpractice here, but I have no damages, so I have no case.

This one was definitely a FAIL of the US healthcare system, but it wasn't a fail from the standpoint of the system itself. It was just a group of incompetent employees acting stupidly. I probably didn't get the "A" team working there, given it was Saturday night at 2am.
    How much do you think his total waste of time will cost you?

Load Metric

Yet you hassle with Pizza employees all the time. But they don't count, I get it. You really just like making people miserable.
    Hassling small restaurant employees just means you're a shitty person, but the worst outcome is that you'll be ingesting spit hidden in your food, something your body is definitely used to.

Behaving like an entitled, arrogant WebMD expert in the ER couldn't possibly be more -EV. People die and crazy shit happens all day long. An older guy yelling about a foot just doesn't play, regardless of uric acid or knowing other doctors.

Handling things 'your way' with seasoned professionals serves as a massive detriment when it comes to wellness. Be smarter.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information