Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
28 of 30 first place votes for Judge. Apparently AL records and making the playoffs actually does sway voters.

I stand by my claim that not a single GM would deal Ohtani for Judge straight up right now, if contracts/money were not a factor.
HR are revered in MLB, and many see him as the true baseball HR king, since Bonds/Sosa/McGwire were all clearly roids assisted.

It just felt weird to writers to give it to Ohtani when Judge not only set the HR record, but also hit .311 with a 1.111 OPS! Ohtani was excellent in both hitting and pitching, but he wasn't exceptionally good in either. That was the killer. I don't think Ohtani being on a failteam hurt him all that much in the voting.

Those giving Judge a huge contract need to take care. He played only 60% of the games from 2018-2020. Injuries might take him out fairly early, or at least severely limit his playing time and effectiveness. Guys who are 6'7" carry a great danger to get hurt in athletics. He will already be 31 just weeks into the 2023 season.
… and Yankees fans BOO’d Judge.

Ohtani all day. You won’t see his kind again.