Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and there was a goose on the field in the 8th. Benjamin actually predicted this by asking me earlier in the game, "Has there ever been a bird on the field before?"

Sure enough...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Okay, Sanlmar, I'm here to take my lumps regarding Kershaw.

Though tonight's loss was a multi-player failstory.

At least the game was exciting and the weather was nice.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Shortstop shit the bed on an easy double play. Betts getting caught stealing. 2nd and 3rd with no outs….didn’t score.

Load Metric
    Okay, Sanlmar, I'm here to take my lumps regarding Kershaw.

Though tonight's loss was a multi-player failstory.

At least the game was exciting and the weather was nice.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Great seats for a playoff game. The contest was a nail biter and exciting. Ben is a lucky kid.

Kershaw’s slider wasn’t working. I wonder how much of a difference Will Smith vs Barnes made. Both Yu and Kershaw ground thru that game. Honorable performances.

Back half of the Dodgers lineup was on full graphic display. I guess it’s time Ben learn about a few adult facts of life. Nothing but the long ball so far. No station to station manufactured runs. That’s not good.

Lotta Dodgers bullpen. Gonsolin next and that will certainly mean much more exposure to the experimental “bullpen by committee”. Just shameful this homework assignment was never finished. You had all year. This has always been the case though over the years. It’s worse this year

Padres bullpen has been really quite good.

Both teams need their pitchers to go deep. Dave Roberts has always been quick and twitchy with his pen in October. I have no idea what he’s gonna do here with Gonsolin and later games. Maybe I do actually.

I was thinking last night how much Machado has grown up. He was a hot head early on and I still have him stereotyped that way but it’s no longer the case. He’s surprisingly well spoken too these days.

The Dodgers will overcome their challenges and get past Padres. Braves Dodgers will be the World Series for me.

When Acuna got hit in the elbow by a pitch I thought my interest in the playoffs just ended. We will see.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-13-2022 at 05:05 AM.

Oh, and there was a goose on the field in the 8th. Benjamin actually predicted this by asking me earlier in the game, "Has there ever been a bird on the field before?"

Sure enough...

The kid is a jinx

Load Metric

Sure enough...

Tell Ben about this...ah, the 80's:

https://www.facebook.com/TorontoBlue...63050864366544

Comments

Sanlmar: Animal cruelty. +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ben loved the goose. When he woke up this morning, it was the first thing he wanted to tell his mom about.

He was already fascinated by the Randy Johnson bird thing (which occurred before he was born), so nice that he got to see a bird story which didn't involve death.

Load Metric
    One game in 9 days for Yankees? That just can’t be good for routine. LFG Guardians

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    One game in 9 days for Yankees? That just can’t be good for routine. LFG Guardians
    Tito is all in with Clase in 10th. No bullpen no hedging. Clase has never gone this deep.

Hope he doesn’t cripple him

Nice win

Load Metric
    Tito is all in with Clase in 10th. No bullpen no hedging. Clase has never gone this deep.

Hope he doesn’t cripple him

Nice win
    Fuckers have me on stubhub thinking about freezing my balls off again tmrw. Haven’t hit buy yet. I was miserable last week.

As much as I enjoy beating the Yankees, these Yankees aren’t particularly annoying. Shutting Costas the fuck up though is highly enjoyable. Won’t ever shut up except to suck the Yankees cock.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yankees proving how one dimensional they are. No wonder they struggled in the second half.

If this postseason ends up Padres vs Phillies and Mariners vs Indians, MLB will get exactly what they deserve. This is no offense to BCR's Injuns, as they deserve to be in the picture, being the AL Central champs. However, the 6 wildcards are a complete joke. I don't care if some had to go through all road games to get to the NLDS. Still dumb.

If the season is going to be 162 games, it needs to mean something.

But imagine if the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers, Braves, and Mets all fail to make the ALCS/NLCS. Awful.

Load Metric
    Yankees proving how one dimensional they are. No wonder they struggled in the second half.

If this postseason ends up Padres vs Phillies and Mariners vs Indians, MLB will get exactly what they deserve. This is no offense to BCR's Injuns, as they deserve to be in the picture, being the AL Central champs. However, the 6 wildcards are a complete joke. I don't care if some had to go through all road games to get to the NLDS. Still dumb.

If the season is going to be 162 games, it needs to mean something.

But imagine if the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers, Braves, and Mets all fail to make the ALCS/NLCS. Awful.
    Season is too long. All the teams are battle weary and worn out. Dodgers are a great example of this. The playoff product this year is not the greatest.

The regular season used to mean something but everyone gets in now.

Load Metric
    Gonsolin is an example of a good pitcher on a worn out staff who is worn out himself. Anticlimactic stuff. That’s not elite baseball

Player and owner greed is on display this fall. Is what it is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gonsolin is an example of a good pitcher on a worn out staff who is worn out himself. Anticlimactic stuff. That’s not elite baseball

Yeah, he got hurt in August, made just one appearance since then, and clearly has rust. Not the guy you throw out in a super-important postseason game.

Hopefully the Dodgers can worm out of this one, otherwise they are in deep trouble.

Load Metric

Yeah, he got hurt in August, made just one appearance since then, and clearly has rust. Not the guy you throw out in a super-important postseason game.

Hopefully the Dodgers can worm out of this one, otherwise they are in deep trouble.
    Gonsolin pitched far more innings than he ever had before. He got hurt because he was overused. It’s like the final scene in Saving Private Ryan.

We can talk about Dodger load management. Dodgers didn’t. Load management is not a conversation sports fans should be having but baseball isn’t alone.

I needed Padres to convert some runs in the 2nd. Fail

Gold
    Load Metric
    Not gonna lie. It is going to be somewhat of a relief if Padres win this series and I dont have to watch another second of baseball until next March. Playoff baseball is just too much angst on top of all the football/basketball betting going on right now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers 0-for-19 in last 19 AB with runners in scoring position.

Since the fourth inning of Game 1, they have not gotten a base hit with runners on base which drove in a run. The 3 runs in Game 2 were solo HR, and the one run today was from a sac fly.

Awful.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Dodgers 0-for-19 in last 19 AB with runners in scoring position.

Since the fourth inning of Game 1, they have not gotten a base hit with runners on base which drove in a run. The 3 runs in Game 2 were solo HR, and the one run today was from a sac fly.

Awful.

At least Trea didn't jam/break some fingers sliding into first. Oh wait. He did. Never mind.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was actually worried about the Padres hitters getting hot and clubbing the Dodgers hard this series. So many guys who are capable of doing that in their lineup. Instead, they've mostly been held down, and the Dodgers bullpen has been pretty good.

But the inability to hit with runners on is just mind boggling. Hader is kinda back to being himself again, so I don't see the Dodgers coming back here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    At least Trea didn't jam/break some fingers sliding into first. Oh wait. He did. Never mind.
    I’ve heard the narrative this year that Trea isn’t good in the playoffs historically. I didn’t have that impression personally. I’m a Trea fan. However, he hasn’t been elite by any stretch.

10’s of millions ride on each performance given his contract being put out to bid.

Load Metric
    Josh Hader. It’s showtime

I keep thinking about how Cleveland abused Clase today

Back half of Dodgers lineup is a bag of balls
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-14-2022 at 08:23 PM.

Thread Information