Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Did they have a 14th inning stretch like they did at the 18-inning World Series game I went to?

At least the Tribe won and is moving on. Imaging if they lost after all this.

Comments

Sanlmar: Dodgers Boston series was ridiculous

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Did they have a 14th inning stretch like they did at the 18-inning World Series game I went to?

They sang take me out to the ballpark twice. Unreal. Thank God we won. It was like a hostage situation of horrible baseball with 35 strikeouts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

They sang take me out to the ballpark twice. Unreal. Thank God we won. It was like a hostage situation of horrible baseball with 35 strikeouts
    This reminds me a bit of how it felt at the All-Star Game -- my first one ever. Great beginning with lots of hits, including by Dodgers. Kershaw did well enough. Then I got to see the NL just go hitless from the 2nd through 7th innings, and it was just brutal. Just nothing to cheer for. Crowd's energy was sapped. It didn't help that this was a "neutral" stadium (stupid), so they couldn't even play any rallying music or sound effects to get the crowd into it. Finally there was a weak attempt to get something going in the 8th, which failed. Then a 1-2-3 9th.

What a fail. Would've been a lot more fun if it was a slugfest back and forth.

Anyway, at least you had a good ending.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    9-9 Jays Mariners, was 8-1 TOR, both bullpens, including the amazing Mariners BP, have let in 5 runs.

Load Metric
    What a disgusting choke job by Toronto.

Should have left gausman in one more batter.

And your bullpen just has to be better.

Pathetic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Pathetic.
    Les 100% going on a bender tonight. Well, he does every night, but y’all know what I mean.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Pathetic.
    Les 100% going on a bender tonight. Well, he does every night, but y’all know what I mean.
    Two things, baseball has been very good me but I hate Toronto almost as much as I hate America.

Seattle is a neighbour and if they advance one step further I will watch.

Also, shut the fuck up you nicotine slave. Your addiction to nicotine extends to a photo
    of you and your son, running of the bulls in Spain, and you have a butt lodged between your stunted growth fingers.

You couldn't drop that nicotine hit for the minute or two required for a photo? That's speaks volumes. Let's talk addiction.

And your little addiction means a daily intake. That means stink. You have a stink about you that involves all your clothing. You can't smell it but everyone else can.

Of all addictions, yours is the most pointless. There is no mental uplift. There is no satiation as with food.
    No relief from stress, nothing. But you do it and you cast blame all the same. Fraud.

Name:  jay.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  5.3 KB

Ultimately no one is perfect so the charge is that of a hypocrite. It's time honoured. Those casting blame
    are typically in over their heads with personal failures.

Comments

Jayjami: Thx for proving me right
    Last edited by limitles; 10-08-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Two things, baseball has been very good me but I hate Toronto almost as much as I hate America.

Seattle is a neighbour and if they advance one step further I will watch.

Also, shut the fuck up you nicotine slave. Your addiction to nicotine extends to a photo
    of you and your son, running of the bulls in Spain, and you have a butt lodged between your stunted growth fingers.

You couldn't drop that nicotine hit for the minute or two required for a photo? That's speaks volumes. Let's talk addiction.

And your little addiction means a daily intake. That means stink. You have a stink about you that involves all your clothing. You can't smell it but everyone else can.

Of all addictions, yours is the most pointless. There is no mental uplift. There is no satiation as with food.
    No relief from stress, nothing. But you do it and you cast blame all the same. Fraud.

Name:  jay.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  5.3 KB

Ultimately no one is perfect so the charge is that of a hypocrite. It's time honoured. Those casting blame
    are typically in over their heads with personal failures.
    Any differences applied to compulsive behaviours is subjective. The root of compulsive behaviours/addictions lie in the
    neurologic reward pathways and I challenge anyone in this forum to point their dirty finger at anyone else.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pathetic.
    One of the most epic deciding game meltdowns in MLB history. Wow.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

This reminds me a bit of how it felt at the All-Star Game -- my first one ever. Great beginning with lots of hits, including by Dodgers. Kershaw did well enough. Then I got to see the NL just go hitless from the 2nd through 7th innings, and it was just brutal. Just nothing to cheer for. Crowd's energy was sapped. It didn't help that this was a "neutral" stadium (stupid), so they couldn't even play any rallying music or sound effects to get the crowd into it. Finally there was a weak attempt to get something going in the 8th, which failed. Then a 1-2-3 9th.

What a fail. Would've been a lot more fun if it was a slugfest back and forth.

Anyway, at least you had a good ending.
    First off it was cold as fuck. It was like 47-48 through innings 1-9. That’s nothing to me being from up here. I’ve went to a hundred events colder than that. There was something about the wind and just angle, it was miserable. I felt appropriately dressed. Had north face long sleeve on and Columbia jacket. 48 feels like 80 in March after winter, but I was miserable as was everyone else. When they loaded the bases and failed to score a run, there was just a palpable gloom that overtook the stadium and it lost all atmosphere between the cold and length. I’d have left two hours earlier and went somewhere to watch it in any non-playoff scenario. At the end, my team won, but was legit the least enjoyable experience I’ve ever had at a sporting event.

Add in I had a headache and I had this guy just screaming his own made up chant the whole game a row behind me and it was a long day. I turned around to tell him to shut the fuck up, but he was older and had one of those diabetic gloves on and missing a few fingers, so I just let him have his fun.

We won. I have not a single other positive thing to say

Load Metric

Pathetic.
    One of the most epic deciding game meltdowns in MLB history. Wow.
    Toronto is banned. A season of disgrace

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Going to Dodgers/Padres game 2

Very unlike me to buy seats over 24 hours in advance, as usually the price goes down. Decent chance that will happen here, too, but I saw seats I really liked and couldn't resist. Also, the amount it can potentially go down isn't that high, so the downside isn't that terrible.

Looks like I'm getting Kershaw. Lord help me.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: YOLO

Load Metric
    Well, I’ve ran well with Quantril, and we aren’t beating Nestor, so it has to be tonight.

Tribe +175

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Phillies/Braves already starting with some fireworks.

2-1 Phillies

Fried isn't looking great, but Ranger Suarez simply isn't very good. Braves really need to win this one, rather than being in must-wins against Nola or Wheeler.

Load Metric
    Awful announcing

Can someone tell Joe Davis to fucking stop talking. He can’t stuff more meaningless trivia into a broadcast. Ok bud, you are “Mr Inside Baseball”. Motormouth. Trying too hard.

I usually switch to another broadcast when he’s on but I’m stuck with him for playoffs. Uggghhhh

He is the antithesis of Vin Scully.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Awful announcing

Can someone tell Joe Davis to fucking stop talking. He can’t stuff more meaningless trivia into a broadcast. Ok bud, you are “Mr Inside Baseball”. Motormouth. Trying too hard.

I usually switch to another broadcast when he’s on but I’m stuck with him for playoffs. Uggghhhh

He is the antithesis of Vin Scully.
    I despise watching all nationally broadcast games, local crews are better 95% of the time

Load Metric
    Despite the expanded playoffs I see a 5 day break for those teams with a bye vs 4 last year.

I actually have no playoff action today. Very unlike me.

October is the very best time of the year for sports so no worries finding good spots.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-11-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Phillies bullpen strikes again. 7-1 lead becomes 7-6. Uh oh

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Going to Dodgers/Padres game 2

Very unlike me to buy seats over 24 hours in advance, as usually the price goes down. Decent chance that will happen here, too, but I saw seats I really liked and couldn't resist. Also, the amount it can potentially go down isn't that high, so the downside isn't that terrible.

Looks like I'm getting Kershaw. Lord help me.
    Astros always get the shitty afternoon games, could have got tickets today for $18 +fees on seatgeek.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, Sanlmar, I'm here to take my lumps regarding Kershaw.

Though tonight's loss was a multi-player failstory.

At least the game was exciting and the weather was nice.

Name:  208C50E3-1716-432B-90C8-4C623FE018A5.jpeg
Views: 279
Size:  3.59 MB

Thread Information