Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    aight, I need to get my Dodger game ready for the playoffs.

How about this:

Love the power trio. Greatest of my lifetime.

Beginning of season
    Betts Freeman Turner

The trio get together and decide they want
    Betts Turner Freeman

Dave Roberts nods head.

The trio decides none will be a DH.

Dave Roberts nods head.

Why did the power trio want to keep playing these meaningless games at the end of the season - risking injury etc.

They talk quite a bit amongst themselves. They accept coaching from each other. It’s more than that. They look to each other. The trio is a subsidiary of the Dodgers. What will they cook up for the playoffs? They need to manufacture runs like a good playoff team. More running and base stealing?

Will they tell Dave Roberts?

The rest are a bag of balls. Although Bellinger & Barnes will finish over .200 unlike Muncy. Who woulda thought? Doesn’t matter. Never did this year. Testimony to the trio’s greatness.

Would be cool if the threesome sat down and told all in an interview. That would only happen if the Dodgers win the World Series and Turner leaves. That ain’t happening.

If the Dodgers let Trea go with the new “throw to first limits” and get Bogaerts they will indeed cement the dumbest team of the decade moniker. Running next year is gonna break the game - will be wild.
    Got cut off. I’ll be backing Dodgers most likely. They made me so much money this year. Generally likable kids.

I just see them as too good. Braves only true threat imo. And their bullpen.

Your Magnum Opus on Dodger fail after winning all those games would almost be worth any money lost. That would be a bitter pill for dodger faithful after historic win differential year like early 30s Yankees teams. . Just don’t see it. Just a great team. Almost hope they look shaky early so I can convince myself to get off of them.

Load Metric
    BCR: I can’t see anyone beating them tbh, just too good, plus they made me so much money mid season with all the 1.5 wins.
    Why do you think the Guardians are strong contenders? Pitching

What is the Dodgers annual playoff Achilles heel? Pitching.
    Chicks dig the long ball. Get over that. Playoffs - much time is spent by the best pitchers on matchups. Long balls don’t win playoffs.

You make me feel like I’ve spent my life in vain BCR.

Having said that my oersonal 2022 MLB wagering will be remembered for failing to bet the Dodgers amongst some other things. Most years I’m making decent cake fading Dodgers. I knew about the run-line stats very early but my perpetual hard on for the Dodgers kept me off them most of the time. Priapism is a bitch.

Load Metric
    BCR: I can’t see anyone beating them tbh, just too good, plus they made me so much money mid season with all the 1.5 wins.
    Why do you think the Guardians are strong contenders? Pitching

What is the Dodgers annual playoff Achilles heel? Pitching.
    Chicks dig the long ball. Get over that. Playoffs - much time is spent by the best pitchers on matchups. Long balls don’t win playoffs.

You make me feel like I’ve spent my life in vain BCR.

Having said that 2022 personally MLB wagering will be remembered for failing to bet the Dodgers amongst some other things. Most years I’m making decent cake fading Dodgers. I knew about the run-line stats very early but my perpetual hard on for the Dodgers kept me off them most of the time. Priapism is a bitch.

I’d love to see the Dodgers struggle against the Mets/presumably} and get off them. If I see any signs of playoff fail, I’ll default to Dodgers regular season team and lay off.

I love the Mariners at Toronto assuming the number is right. Just truly think they’ll handle them. They have that something and lights out bullpen.

Guardians/TB I see as unders and Tribe/under parlay spots

Comments

Sanlmar: You’re right. Its a numbers game.

Load Metric
    BCR -> I agree the Mariners have a strong bullpen. I disagree they beat the Jays

Manoah has been pitching lights out. Unless he has a playoff let down I give the Jays 1 game with him pitching.

Are you prepared to back a team winning 2 in a row on the road? This new format heavily favors the home team IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    BCR -> I agree the Mariners have a strong bullpen. I disagree they beat the Jays

Manoah has been pitching lights out. Unless he has a playoff let down I give the Jays 1 game with him pitching.

Are you prepared to back a team winning 2 in a row on the road? This new format heavily favors the home team IMO.
    Bunch of children on the road - that’s a rough spot for Mariners. Manoah could easily blank them over 7 innings. Easily.

Mariners stumbled at the finish and let Toronto take the home field and that will cost them. It was critical Mariners have home field.

It is well documented that the Jays and I have trust issues. This series may not see any of my money. It will come down to price. Manoah could be -265… that would be wrong

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Jays are just a better team + home team + Seattle's strength of a deeper rotation doesn't factor in + relievers are fickle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by podcast View Post
    Jays are just a better team + home team + Seattle's strength of a deeper rotation doesn't factor in + relievers are fickle.
    Jays may win. I’m struggling to find a real team in the AL tbh. It probably ends up Yankees/Houston because that’s boring with Astros emerging. But all of them are flawed. It’s not like I think my Tribe are contenders, but any of them can be contenders if a few guys get hot at the plate who have good pitching. Our problem is our starters aren’t as good as they’ve been some of the last ten years. It would require Bieber being Bieber of the last 5 years, not this years version. Quantril is good, but like Charles Nagy was good twenty years ago. Not playoff good.

I’m thrilled with my team given its constraints. Tito does an amazing job. They’re a real baseball team with great fundamentals that never quit, just one with a shoestring budget and that lack of an extra bat and $30 million starter will be their undoing at some point.

I disagree the Jays are the better team, but it’s entirely possible they win a series with all games at home. I view Seattle as a better balanced team though. A real baseball team. I view the Jays as a a stupidly constructed team.

I’m straight into Mariners tmrw at only +116. Not enough value and a bad bet, I knew it was the minute I clicked it, but I’m stubborn and I just know a fake team when I see one and the Jays are the fakest of all the playoff contenders and eventually I’ll get my money back betting against them even if tmrw loses.

If I was free I’d wait around and get Seattle down 2-1 going into the 8th, because Manoah is a legit freak, but I’m busy tmrw and won’t be able to jump into live betting.

If it loses, I’ll bet against them again the next game. They’re the worst of the playoff teams. I’ll bet against them all the way. Sometimes I can’t find a good team, but I can spot a fake one.

Single
    @
    +116
    Open
    Oct 6 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 50384
    Moneyline: SEA Mariners
    SEA Mariners @ TOR Blue Jays
    Last edited by BCR; 10-07-2022 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lol @ the lower seed not getting a home game in this first round.

Terrible.

Would it have killed them to insert a travel day in between?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Terrible.

I would have thought you liked it considering you think the playoffs have too many teams and the better regular season teams get screwed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Terrible.

I would have thought you liked it considering you think the playoffs have too many teams and the better regular season teams get screwed.
    You have to always filter this thru the prism of his Dodgers. This isn’t a concern about playoff purity and fairness.

Personally, I don’t know why he’s sweating the Mets. Scherzer isn’t really Scherzer with his oblique and DeGrom they are trying to avoid this whole series b/c of blister. Eventually the greatest team ever are gonna have to face some competition.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by podcast View Post
    Jays may win. I’m struggling to find a real team in the AL tbh. It probably ends up Yankees/Houston because that’s boring with Astros emerging. But all of them are flawed. It’s not like I think my Tribe are contenders, but any of them can be contenders if a few guys get hot at the plate who have good pitching. Our problem is our starters aren’t as good as they’ve been some of the last ten years. It would require Bieber being Bieber of the last 5 years, not this years version. Quantril is good, but like Charles Nagy was good twenty years ago. Not playoff good.

I’m thrilled with my team given its constraints. Tito does an amazing job. They’re a real baseball team with great fundamentals that never quit, just one with a shoestring budget and that lack of an extra bat and $30 million starter will be their undoing at some point.

I disagree the Jays are the better team, but it’s entirely possible they win a series with all games at home. I view Seattle as a better balanced team though. A real baseball team. I view the Jays as a a stupidly constructed team.

I’m straight into Mariners tmrw at only +116. Not enough value and a bad bet, I knew it was the minute I clicked it, but I’m stubborn and I just know a fake team when I see one and the Jays are the fakest of all the playoff contenders and eventually I’ll get my money back betting against them even if tmrw loses.

If I was free I’d wait around and get Seattle down 2-1 going into the 8th, because Manoah is a legit freak, but I’m busy tmrw and won’t be able to jump into live betting.

If it loses, I’ll bet against them again the next game. They’re the worst of the playoff teams. I’ll bet against them all the way. Sometimes I can’t find a good team, but I can spot a fake one.

Single
    @
    +116
    Open
    Oct 6 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 50384
    Moneyline: SEA Mariners
    SEA Mariners @ TOR Blue Jays

Yeah, I’m on this too. You coulda had Mariners series +140 now +124. There has been more movement away from Jays than any other series by far.

Comments

BCR: If they were all so easy. Saw first inning and knew it was over already

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Castillo dealing for the Mariners, found 2 extra mph on his already high velo, Seattle has had the luck as well (neither team is really hitting very well but Seattle is up 4-0).

Load Metric
    I think it goes without saying

Single
    @
    Open
    Oct 7 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 5041911
    Moneyline: CLE Guardians
    TB Rays @ CLE Guardians

Load Metric
    I think it goes without saying

Single
    @
    Open
    Oct 7 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 5041911
    Moneyline: CLE Guardians
    TB Rays @ CLE Guardians
    You’re steadily piling up the wins. Nice.

You’ve also caught more Cleveland money than me at the end of the season. Let’s keep cookin’. Guardians are categorized as weak against lefties but won and now face a Tommy John rehab rightie returnee. Think Druff’s Dustin May. It’s an autobet. I have -107 offshore

Name:  64748736-9796-454D-8518-0D9F1EB1DFF5.jpeg
Views: 117
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  53537DD3-F50B-46EC-B180-00BEA9699DD8.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  33.6 KB

Wish I acted on my advice to Druff above concerning the Mets Scherzer/DeGrom not being what he needs to fear. I had enough action for one day.

The Mariners was a no stress deal.

How about those crazy high 5½ totals?

I have series for Mariners and Guardians too as we discussed.

Man I love MLB playoffs.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-07-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Terrible.

I don't. Every playoff team should get to play in front of their own fans in a multi-game series. 3 games all in the same spot is crazy.

I do wish that fewer teams made the playoffs. Three teams and a wildcard in each league is enough.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Scherzer just isn't durable enough in his old age to pitch a bunch of innings and then the postseason. They need to rest him far more, if the goal is to have him be effective in playoff games.

It wasn't a big surprise to see him get bombed today.

F. Yu made good on some of his postseason demons.

Interesting that 3 of the 4 road teams won today, but they still have to win one of the two remaining. Sad end for the Mets if the end up getting dispatched by the Padres, after the year they've had.

Load Metric

You’ve also caught more Cleveland money than me at the end of the season. Let’s keep cookin’. Guardians are categorized as weak against lefties but won and now face a Tommy John rehab rightie returnee. Think Druff’s Dustin May.
    Surgically repaired Rays Glasnow looks tremendous.

Oops.

The arc of Dustin May was that he looked great initially but later outings he sucked.

Glasnow may not recover well from this outing. We will deal with that later.

Transparency requires admitting I just live Cleveland RL as a fade of reality

Load Metric

You’ve also caught more Cleveland money than me at the end of the season. Let’s keep cookin’. Guardians are categorized as weak against lefties but won and now face a Tommy John rehab rightie returnee. Think Druff’s Dustin May.

Oops.

The arc of Dustin May was that he looked great initially but later outings he sucked.

Bases loaded and no outs In the playoffs BCR. You gotta cash or clean out locker

Load Metric

Oops.

Bases loaded and no outs In the playoffs BCR. You gotta cash or clean out locker
    This is 4 and a half hours I’m never getting back. Just horrible. We got Kluber warming now.

Load Metric

This is 4 and a half hours I’m never getting back. Just horrible. We got Kluber warming now.
    Yesterday was some kinda record for speed

I have to go to a fall livestock fair tomorrow on the outskirts of civilization. There is a pig scramble but that doesn’t begin to make up for the lost weekend. Count yourself lucky buddy.

Bases loaded no out. I won’t soon forget

First game in playoff history to go scoreless in 14 …. dubious distinction award

Beer get cutoff 7 innings ago?

Comments

BCR: They didn’t cut it off until about 11. Idk why? Maybe because it started so early

Thread Information