Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****

Load Metric

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Astros getting stuck playing Tampa or Toronto rather than Seattle or Cleveland.
    That’s just one man’s thoughts.

Defense wins championships. We all know this.

Personally, I think the Astros will be thrilled and rewarded if they face Toronto and their pitching. I do not think anyone wants to face Seattle’s or Cleveland’s pitching. That is offset by each teams’ youth.

Cleveland’s youth is helped quite a bit by Franconia who has his share of championship rings. Dave Roberts would have no legitimate World Series ring if it weren’t for Tito.

This is why we love betting baseball playoffs. People get married to the regular season recency. It’s a new season baby

Having said that I do strongly agree that the expanded playoffs were the last straw. The regular season is very nearly but not quite a meaningless and endless exhibition.
    I’d much rather play Toronto and Tampa over Seattle. Not even close. That exact order of preference. Seattle has fantastic bullpen and it’s game over if you’re losing after 6. I don’t expect to win anything, but I’m like 70% we beat Toronto, 55% with TB, and 35% to beat Seattle.

Comments

ok25: "we beat Toronto" You aren't on the team junkie

Sanlmar: I agree with this ranking.

Load Metric
    Red Sox v Yankees

Aaron Judge 61? Ok I’m in for what otherwise is a meaningless game.

local NESN ❌
    MLBtv ❌

AppleTv ✅. I don’t have that. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Betonline offered a Japanese Appletv feed but I’m really not that interested.

MLB does everything they can to kill the game I once loved whether intentionally or not..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tio Albert got #700 at Dodger Stadium tonight.

That was the place if he was going to do it on the road, as the fans love him here. The Dodgers were ready with a montage in tribute to him. He hit 2 HR to do it.

This final run is likely roids fueled, but everyone is looking the other way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Tio Albert got #700 at Dodger Stadium tonight.

That was the place if he was going to do it on the road, as the fans love him here. The Dodgers were ready with a montage in tribute to him. He hit 2 HR to do it.

This final run is likely roids fueled, but everyone is looking the other way.
    The team (Dodgers) who had Mark McGuire as batting coach serves up Puljos #700. Symmetry.

Load Metric
    Tribe plus money autobet.

Single
    @
    +112
    Won
    Sep 23 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 4994408
    Moneyline: CLE Guardians
    CLE Guardians @ TEX Rangers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Tribe plus money autobet.

Single
    @
    +112
    Won
    Sep 23 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 4994408
    Moneyline: CLE Guardians
    CLE Guardians @ TEX Rangers
    Yeah that was a good bet. Definitely considered that one. Jon Gray has a few good starts in July but honestly hasn't been that impressive. He pitched well, actually, but that Rangers bullpen shot it off.

Nice job.

Load Metric
    BCR

You have any insight on Cleveland today? Need to win, magic numbers to clinch? Francona say anything?

I’m not feeling it especially. The bullpen looks used. Clase pitched last two games. Karinchek could use a break?

Name:  49A8D221-DE66-48FF-9E57-3FF7834E62E8.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  269.6 KB

I could be easily be talked into it.

Nothing excites me in MLB but I’ll let Druff do the work. He’s killing it.

Load Metric
    Who’s the most dangerous team in the playoffs, BCR?

Guardians comparison to World Series Royals. Stuff that works in playoffs.

Load Metric

I hope. I bought tickets for Friday and Saturday games already this afternoon.

I’ll probably give the Friday tickets to my dad and his wife and go Saturday assuming we are the early game on Friday. It said time tbd when I bought them. We usually are early game on weekday playoffs being a small market, plus we’re going to play another small market regardless of which of the 3 play us.

I’ve really enjoyed the season and think this might be Tito’s best coaching job. I have realistic expectations though. We could get by a few of those teams, but the Yankees and Astros both own us. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised.

Load Metric
    Kimbrel is so much damn fun

The Dodgers are going to unveil their bullpen plan in the playoffs. Even the Dodger bullpen is gonna be surprised. There aren’t going to be any leaks. No way opponents will be able to prepare.

This is very high level.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-27-2022 at 10:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Did you guys see Vladdy's walk off single on Monday where he said "My house"?

Yankees announcer last night when they clinched said "Nice of Vladdy to let the Yankees celebrate in his house"....sick burn.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Bunch of BS, stuff that works in playoffs = stuff that works in the regular season. Only real difference is that depth matters a bit less. Guardians might be the worst playoff team, no smart team will not want to play them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tony LaRussa's managerial career is over: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ealth-concerns

He did a shitty job with the White Sox, who admittedly weren't as good as people thought anyway.

He was self-effacing in his final statement:

I was hired to provide positive, difference-making leadership and support. Our record is proof. I did not do my job.

In other news, the Phillies clinched, despite a horrible 22-29 start, and Bryce Harper missing over 60 games.

All playoff teams are now set. In the NL, it will be the Dodgers, Mets, Braves, Cardinals, Phillies, and Padres. In the AL, it will be the Yankees, Indians, Astros, Mariners, Rays, and Blue Jays. The two byes in the AL will be Yankees and Astros, while in the NL it will be the Dodgers and probably the Braves (but possibly the Mets). Home field the whole way will go to the Dodgers, and home field against everyone but the Dodgers will go to the Astros.

If Freddie Freeman can hold onto his razor-thin lead over Jeff McNeil, he will win the NL batting title. That will be the first Dodger to win the batting title in a full season with the team, during my lifetime. Trea Turner won it last year as a Dodger, but was with the Dodgers for less than half of the season. The last Dodger to play a full season and win it was Tommy Davis in 1963. I had some hopes Pedro Guerrero would do it when I was a kid, and the Mike Piazza would do it when I was a young man, but it didn't quite happen.

So far the big money signings of Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts have worked out great for the Dodgers. The trade which brought over Trea Turner has also worked out, as Josiah Gray has sucked for the Nationals, and Keibert Ruiz has been mediocre -- plus the Dodgers already have a great hitting catcher. The one baffling fail from this front office was the lack of bullpen moves during the year, when it was clear this would otherwise be a great team.

Load Metric
    I've read multiple writers lately just pushing for Judge for AL MVP. Crazy. Any sane person understands that Ohtani is by far and away the best player in all of MLB right now, regardless of what shit team he is on.

Money aside, there is not a single other player that anyone wouldn't trade 1-for-1 for Ohtani. He should just have a guaranteed MVP until his numbers slip.

Yankees would send Judge packing in 2 seconds if the Angels called offering Ohtani.

Comments

Sanlmar: Agreed. Classic unprovable baseball debate tho

BCR: Yep.

Load Metric
    If Verlander loses vs Phillies tonight is there a real Cy Young case for Ohtani?

Load Metric
    If Verlander loses vs Phillies tonight is there a real Cy Young case for Ohtani?
    I doubt it, to me Verlander has it locked up.

I'm biased but Manoah has more of a case than Ohtani (other than the fact that he DHs as well...but that should count for MVP not Cy Young).

Last 7 games 4-1 0.94 era whip 0.85. He has been absolutely dominant lately. If the season went another month and he continued I think he could catch Verlander.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I doubt it, to me Verlander has it locked up.

I'm biased but Manoah has more of a case than Ohtani (other than the fact that he DHs as well...but that should count for MVP not Cy Young).

Last 7 games 4-1 0.94 era whip 0.85. He has been absolutely dominant lately. If the season went another month and he continued I think he could catch Verlander.
    Was gonna dig in but you saved me time.

Thought making the rounds that Phillie tanks tonight against the Astros to avoid Mets in wildcard. Neither team has any motivation to win - except Verlander Cy Young and even then I guess you’re telling me that’s a wrap.

I am scaling in on Astros before lineups. My post bet remorse is that this is just a case of apathy vs tanking. Hard to control baseball players at the plate except to bench them. Weird and fun spot. Astros at home tho. That’s gotta be worth some pride.

I’m not an Astros guy btw.

I am lifting Blue Jays sanctions at the conclusion of the season. You’re welcome.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-04-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Load Metric
    aight, I need to get my Dodger game ready for the playoffs.

How about this:

Love the power trio. Greatest of my lifetime.

Beginning of season
    Betts Freeman Turner

The trio get together and decide they want
    Betts Turner Freeman

Dave Roberts nods head.

The trio decides none will be a DH.

Dave Roberts nods head.

Why did the power trio want to keep playing these meaningless games at the end of the season - risking injury etc.

They talk quite a bit amongst themselves. They accept coaching from each other. It’s more than that. They look to each other. The trio is a subsidiary of the Dodgers. What will they cook up for the playoffs? They need to manufacture runs like a good playoff team. More running and base stealing?

Will they tell Dave Roberts?

The rest are a bag of balls. Although Bellinger & Barnes will finish over .200 unlike Muncy. Who woulda thought? Doesn’t matter. Never did this year. Testimony to the trio’s greatness.

Would be cool if the threesome sat down and told all in an interview. That would only happen if the Dodgers win the World Series and Turner leaves. That ain’t happening.

If the Dodgers let Trea go with the new “throw to first limits” and get Bogaerts they will indeed cement the dumbest team of the decade moniker. Running next year is gonna break the game - will be wild.

Comments

BCR: I can’t see anyone beating them tbh, just too good, plus they made me so much money mid season with all the 1.5 wins. Still
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 10-04-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Load Metric
    Happy to draw Tampa Bay. Would have preferred Jays, but Mariners scared me. Forgot all 3 games are at home when I was assigning percentages. Thought it was 2 and 1 away. Think we’ll get by Rays. Like 75%.

I’m going to be all over the Mariners at Jays. I truly think they’re a scary good team and Jays are fools good. Should be decent dog also.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Happy to draw Tampa Bay. Would have preferred Jays, but Mariners scared me. Forgot all 3 games are at home when I was assigning percentages. Thought it was 2 and 1 away. Think we’ll get by Rays. Like 75%.

I’m going to be all over the Mariners at Jays. I truly think they’re a scary good team and Jays are fools good. Should be decent dog also.
    Baby Mariners in Toronto is concerning. I need to think about this.

Cleveland will do fine vs Tampa. If Mariners are babies the Jays are preemies. Ridiculously young. Tito was placed on earth for this team and this moment.

Then there is the Braves.

MLB Futures - Division Futures - Odds to Win the 2022 NL East - Atlanta Braves +240
    MLB Futures - Pennant Futures - Odds to Win the 2022 National League - Atlanta Braves +500

Braves so deep.

Thread Information