Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Serious Question.. Do the Dbacks have the worst fucking bullpen in all of baseball?? I mean seriously? How many games have they cost the team? Up 5-1 in game 1, and get choked out by the Dodgers due to more failures from their bullpen. If not for their bullpen they mightve actually had a WC shot this year. The fact Melancon came in and didnt shit the bed again tonight is a miracle in the 2nd game of the Dbl header.
    I kinda had the feeling the Dodgers couldn't come back twice in one day, despite the comeback kings they've been this year.

Tonight's defeat in the second game of the doubleheader makes it almost certain the Mariners will not lose their record. The Dodgers cannot win more than 117 games now, as they are 103-45, with 14 to play. They would have to go 14-0 to beat the Mariners 116-win record, and 13-1 to tie it -- both being quite unlikely.

I am guessing the Dodgers will go 9-5 in their final 14, and finish with 112 wins.
    If Friedman expends more than zero energy pursuing the REGULAR SEASON record …….. There was no earthly reason why the threesome played these past couple of days.

Your sphincter must have gotten a workout watching Mookie Betts diving all over the field saving meaningless games agains the lowly Diamondbacks and Giants. It’s Dodger-grade dumb.

You know where I’m going with this. Get your shit in one bag Druff. This is a message you must deliver to the fellowship on Facebook.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-20-2022 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    LMAO Canada about to lift vax restrictions right before the playoffs.

Trudeau must have been an Expos fan.
    Won't this hurt the Blue Jays?

Now unvaxxed opponents will be able to come into Canada during the postseason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I kinda had the feeling the Dodgers couldn't come back twice in one day, despite the comeback kings they've been this year.

Tonight's defeat in the second game of the doubleheader makes it almost certain the Mariners will not lose their record. The Dodgers cannot win more than 117 games now, as they are 103-45, with 14 to play. They would have to go 14-0 to beat the Mariners 116-win record, and 13-1 to tie it -- both being quite unlikely.

I am guessing the Dodgers will go 9-5 in their final 14, and finish with 112 wins.
    If Friedman expends more than zero energy pursuing the REGULAR SEASON record …….. There was no earthly reason why the threesome played these past couple of days.

Your sphincter must have gotten a workout watching Mookie Betts diving all over the field saving meaningless games agains the lowly Diamondbacks and Giants. It’s Dodger-grade dumb.

You know where I’m going with this. Get your shit in one bag Druff. This is a message you must deliver to the fellowship on Facebook.
    Yes, there was one day where the big 3 sat, and then they're right back to playing. I think Freeman has an obsession with playing every day, seeing himself as a modern day ironman. He even made a derogatory comment about players who sit, claiming that they're being paid to be out there. However, it doesn't seem that Mookie and Trea have a similar objection, so at least sit them a bit more. Trea wasn't the same guy during the 2021 postseason, so he really needs rest. And you know Mookie... he is prone to slumps if things aren't feeling quite right.

Now that the Dodgers are virtually guaranteed the best record in the NL, highly likely to finish with the best record in baseball, almost sure to beat the franchise record in wins, and almost surely NOT going to win 116+ games, they should really be fielding fail lineups until the playoffs come.

I don't understand why they are playing close to their regular lineup each day.

Load Metric

Yes, there was one day where the big 3 sat, and then they're right back to playing. I think Freeman has an obsession with playing every day, seeing himself as a modern day ironman. He even made a derogatory comment about players who sit, claiming that they're being paid to be out there. However, it doesn't seem that Mookie and Trea have a similar objection, so at least sit them a bit more. Trea wasn't the same guy during the 2021 postseason, so he really needs rest. And you know Mookie... he is prone to slumps if things aren't feeling quite right.

Now that the Dodgers are virtually guaranteed the best record in the NL, highly likely to finish with the best record in baseball, almost sure to beat the franchise record in wins, and almost surely NOT going to win 116+ games, they should really be fielding fail lineups until the playoffs come.

I don't understand why they are playing close to their regular lineup each day.
    Sunday Night Baseball then an early Monday followed by a double header. The likelihood of injury to your MVP was off the charts given the way he played and the fatigue factor.

You got lucky. I already had a screed written.

Friedman is clueless. Mistaking an endless bankroll for genius, son.

You following the other Jewish General Manager Chaim Bloom in Boston? His incompetence is entertaining as hell. A book will be written. There is revolt in Beantown.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, Boston is a mess. Doesn't help that they're in a division with the Yankees, Tampa, Toronto, and now even an upstart Baltimore club.

They're spending $207m for it, too. And they're finishing behind Baltimore, with a whopping $43m payroll.

Dodgers have very little dead money on the payroll this year. That helps. They're mostly getting their money's worth. Except for Price, of course.

Load Metric
    Not only is Cleveland the youngest team in the MLB but they would be the youngest team in AAA

4th lowest payroll. Indians have very little dead money on the payroll this year

1st place in Division

That’s fun.

Load Metric
    Not only is Cleveland the youngest team in the MLB but they would be the youngest team in AAA

4th lowest payroll. Indians have very little dead money on the payroll this year

1st place in Division

That’s fun.
    That is a fun team to watch. Kwan is a throwback, much like Arraez on my dumbass team.

Interesting to see all these articles about the wild card teams possibly throwing at the end to finish as WC3, to play the Tribe. I don't see them as any worse really than any of those WC teams.

Load Metric
    I hope the Twins finish 81-81 now. Seems appropriate. Too many injuries, not enough depth.

Buxton sadly will probably go down as the poor-mans Eric Davis of this generation. Full-time DH seems right around the corner, kid just can't stay healthy. Worst type of injuries as well, for a fast CF.

At least Davis had free use of roids and HGH to keep himself going longer than he should.
    Last edited by gut; 09-21-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Load Metric
    Dodger #3 Dustin May throwing batting practice to the lowly Diamondbacks.

He looks really bad and hasn’t been sharp for a while if you ask me

All that’s happening by leaving him out there to get smacked around is bad muscle memory.

Entry into notepad. Barnes and May are gonna get run on. Future prop bet.

Load Metric

1st place in Division

ThatÂ’s fun.
    Been a nice run. Really thought it was going to come down to the last week after that horrible stretch where we couldn’t score a run against Seattle for two weeks. Didn’t see us pulling away like this. Twins snake-bit with injuries and White Sox just playing bad baseball.

Didn’t look at the line until late and was surprised to see Tribe at +118. I thought the previous night was the obvious back breaker to any White Sox hopes and figured they’d be just going through the motions tonight. Thought it would be Cle -150.

Was shocked at the number, jumped in my car and got across state line and my phone wouldn’t geolocate. Sat there as game started and they had guys at 2 and 3rd with no outs in first inning.

Thankfully it finally located me, and I was able to get a live line at -1 +100 with the runners on, and they then got both runs home, and it was an easy win from there.

Single @
    +100
    Won
    Sep 21 • 2022
    Ticket ID: 498982
    Run Line: CLE Guardians -1.0
    CLE Guardians @ CHI White Sox

Really like to see it shake out where Guardians draw Toronto. We’ve handled them well and just think we are a better team than they are. We usually fare well against those fake teams with bad bullpens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Single @
    +100
    Won
    Sep 21 • 2022
    CLE Guardians @ CHI White Sox.
    Can’t wait for playoffs

Name:  A2D2A480-6757-4DA2-847B-98FA68227AC3.jpeg
Views: 120
Size:  71.2 KB

Load Metric

Single @
    +100
    Won
    Sep 21 • 2022
    CLE Guardians @ CHI White Sox.
    Can’t wait for playoffs

Why first 5 tonight? You’re so good at this that I’m just curious at your thought process on this one. Because the Tribe burnt so many relievers the previous night with extra innings? Just thought Sox would pack it in early after extra-inning loss the previous night that basically ended their season?

The latter is why I jumped in the car to bet it, but I’m just curious as to the first five choice. Lynn can be tough and I want that Sox bullpen fail in the mix. If it’s sitting 3-2 Sox after five, do you then just live bet the frequent Sox bullpen collapse and get + 190 if the first five doesn’t go your way? Just trying to glimpse behind the curtain on that choice.

Load Metric

Can’t wait for playoffs

Why first 5 tonight? You’re so good at this that I’m just curious at your thought process on this one. Because the Tribe burnt so many relievers the previous night with extra innings? Just thought Sox would pack it in early after extra-inning loss the previous night that basically ended their season?

The latter is why I jumped in the car to bet it, but I’m just curious as to the first five choice. Lynn can be tough and I want that Sox bullpen fail in the mix. If it’s sitting 3-2 Sox after five, do you then just live bet the frequent Sox bullpen collapse and get + 190 if the first five doesn’t go your way? Just trying to glimpse behind the curtain on that choice.
    I was following the Fed’s Powell this afternoon and didn’t have a lot of time for handicapping.

Triston McKenzie had 14K’s against CWS last time they met. I just love the kid anyway.

Lance Lynn is a good pitcher and has been pitching at an elite pace recently but he is a head case. Lotta emotion on the mound. Describes himself as an “asshole”. Okay “asshole”. Lol. CWS got cancelled after Cleveland beat them the night before and I felt he would quit. He got hammered.

I strongly felt the pitching numbers told the wrong story. I did not have time to wade into the bullpen usage and all that. Normally you just default to Cleveland’s bullpen but I wasn’t sure what happened the night before and didn’t have time to handicap that. I don’t deal with bullpens unless I know something.

Plus money… I fired.

We are gonna have some fun with this team. Stealthy

Load Metric
    sally is blindingly white also so i heard my doyers were good

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    sally is blindingly white also so i heard my doyers were good
    I just saw your pasty faced #3 guy

I suggest you AirBnB a quaint New England cottage for early October. Do some apple picking. Go on a hay ride. Press some pretty fall leaves between pieces of wax paper.

Those memories will last longer than your playoff hopes.

Load Metric
    simmer down there sally whites its gonna take a world series for me to pretend to watch baseball but i will get super into for like 7 days and pretend i know who our starting lineup is

Load Metric
    just know that i earned this as a fan who vaguely remembers how much it costs to park at dodger stadium thanks sall you may be excused now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

1st place in Division

That’s fun.
    That is a fun team to watch. Kwan is a throwback, much like Arraez on my dumbass team.

Interesting to see all these articles about the wild card teams possibly throwing at the end to finish as WC3, to play the Tribe. I don't see them as any worse really than any of those WC teams.
    Yeah the wildcard playoffs thing is poorly constructed. I was just complaining about that. The Dodgers get "rewarded" for the best record by likely facing the Mets or Braves in the NLDS. The NL East champ gets the winner of the Cards and the 3rd wildcard series. Not fair.

But yeah, the AL has a similar story. I know that's not what you're saying (rather that they'd rather play the Tribe than each other), but my point still applies to the Astros getting stuck playing Tampa or Toronto rather than Seattle or Cleveland.

What a clusterfuck.

They should have seeded the wildcard series according to final record, not division championship. They can give home field to the division champ, but the league's best team should play the NLDS qualifier with the worst record, and the second best team should play the other NLDS qualifier.

So for example, if the two teams to advance in the NL Wildcard series are the Cardinals and Braves, the Dodgers should automatically get the Cardinals in the NLDS, not the Braves.

Load Metric
    Astros getting stuck playing Tampa or Toronto rather than Seattle or Cleveland.
    That’s just one man’s thoughts.

Defense wins championships. We all know this.

Personally, I think the Astros will be thrilled and rewarded if they face Toronto and their pitching. I do not think anyone wants to face Seattle’s or Cleveland’s pitching. That is offset by each teams’ youth.

Cleveland’s youth is helped quite a bit by Franconia who has his share of championship rings. Dave Roberts would have no legitimate World Series ring if it weren’t for Tito.

This is why we love betting baseball playoffs. People get married to the regular season recency. It’s a new season baby

Having said that I do strongly agree that the expanded playoffs were the last straw. The regular season is very nearly but not quite a meaningless and endless exhibition.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-22-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Load Metric
    Kimbrel alert

If you like chaos

Hit By Pitch, Home run in 6 pitches
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-22-2022 at 08:46 PM.

Thread Information