Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The Dodgers are like the Harlem Globetrotters or The King and His Court (softball). Barnstorming across America putting on an exhibition in small towns nightly.

I think the King and his Court played with 4 men. (Dodgers play with 3). Eddie Feigner could trick pitch the ball at 100+ mph from 45ft. I have a vague memory of seeing them when I was little on Long Island NY.

Neither the King or the Globetrotters could ever win serious playoff competition. Different game. Fun tho.

Just when I think you run out of ways to mock Druffs Dodgers, you pull out those gems. Fast Eddie pitching at county fairs to amuse children. That gave me an actual chuckle reducing them to traveling novelty acts
    Nearly a decade of fail - it’s getting tough. Yet some of my best work.

You want more laughs? Playoff rotation

#1 Urias
    #2 Kershaw
    #3 May

The new MLB rules for 2023 - oh my. Entirely new game. Might as well go to 7 innings at this point

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Good thing the Guardians are beating up on the Twins cause the White Sox are coming sans LaRussa. This AL Central coming down to the last weekend.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Good thing the Guardians are beating up on the Twins cause the White Sox are coming sans LaRussa. This AL Central coming down to the last weekend.
    Yeah I’m sure the players are thrilled LaRusa is sick.

I truly wasn't concerned about them, but am now. I was focused on Twins all year. Sox obviously good on paper, but every time I’d watch them, they did all the little things poorly and didn’t play good baseball and had suspect bullpen. But they have like 6 against the Tigers, and 3 against the Rockies, and they’re going to win almost all those. We play them 4 more times. I almost need the Twins to play well after today and be mathematically alive going into the last weekend. We play last 6 against KC. They play Tigers/Twins to end. Be nice if we had like a game on each going into that last weekend where Twins were playing for something. The Mariners ate our lunch and that really hurt. Teams are very similar in many ways, but they have power. We picked a bad time to go cold during that stretch a week ago.

Likely comes down to the 4 we play against each other.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It is funny watching 3 very flawed teams fight for the AL Central. Nobody there will even come close to sniffing the wildcard.

I also don't think Baltimore will make it. Seems like they just can't quite keep up with Seattle/Tampa/Toronto.

Dodgers a hair away from clinching the west for the 9th time in 10 seasons -- the only time they fell short was the year they won 106 games, 2021. They will probably beat that number in 2022.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It is funny watching 3 very flawed teams fight for the AL Central. Nobody there will even come close to sniffing the wildcard.

I also don't think Baltimore will make it. Seems like they just can't quite keep up with Seattle/Tampa/Toronto.

Dodgers a hair away from clinching the west for the 9th time in 10 seasons -- the only time they fell short was the year they won 106 games, 2021. They will probably beat that number in 2022.
    Baltimore does have 6 games left with Toronto so I mean it's possible but unlikely. They also have 4 with Houston and 3 with the Yankees.

Yankees and Dodgers both 5-5 in last 10. Are they taking it easy or peaked at the wrong time?

Load Metric
    “A lot of it is going to depend on the experts,” La Russa said before Sunday’s game against the Oakland Athletics when asked about his expectations to be back. “Reading the situation, they’ll ask how I feel, could I do a little more. And how you respond to the little more affects it.
    “It’s uncertain. In the meantime, it will be fun to watch (the Sox) stay in contention. I know if we lose (Sunday), first game in person, I won’t be on that plane (returning to Chicago with the team).”

Currently 8-3 Oakland in seventh. Fucker needs to get on that plane

Load Metric
    Dodgers satellite into another playoff tournament

Silver
    Load Metric
    Braves were down 6-2 with 2 outs in the 9th and rallied back to take 7-6 lead. Michael Harris II leading the way with HRs in both the 8th and 9th. Kid is unreal.

But the Braves still have Kenley Jansen closing instead of the much better Iglesias so you know how the bottom of the 9th went. Hopefully Snitker finally sees the light and demoted Kenley. He’s been awful. I know I’m not telling you guys anything you don’t already know.

Comments

Sanlmar: Sheefaced advances to reputation 300.

Load Metric
    My finger is hovering over Mariners +800 to win American League.

One of my concerns is the kids traveling to Toronto for a series. Road playoffs. Also, I got no idea what the vax status is for Mariners. That makes it unbettable. I would be gambling the Jays slip in September.

Yankees are injured and average. Astros don’t impress me at all.

I don’t think Mariners really win but they are definitely better than 8 to 1.

Whaddya think?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Cardinals are getting an unfair edge this year, in what appears to be the allowance of Pujols to use roids.

Obviously I can't be certain, but Pujols' sudden transformation into Aaron Judge in the final half of his final season, at age 45 (he's not really 42), is very suspicious. This is especially suspicious because he needed to go on an absolute tear to make 700 HR, and now it looks like he's gonna do it. He currently sits at 697.

MLB looked the other way during Big Papi's final year, for similar reasons. The last thing they want is to taint the legacy of a legendary player on a farewell tour. However, this gives the Cardinals a much better hitter who otherwise wouldn't be much of a factor.

Dodgers fans were very happy with Pujols last year, myself included. When the Dodgers grabbed him after his Angels release, I wasn't sure what to expect. Pujols was always miserable in Anaheim, failing to reach expectations for most of his years there, and I wasn't sure how he'd feel being a bench player. However, he was positive and a great clubhouse figure from day 1, and even smacked some clutch HR and hits during his time on the team. So I have nothing against the guy. The only real blemish on his record came from lying about his age by 3 years, and getting a monster contract with the Angels based upon that. That's something almost nobody talks about, by the way.

Pujols is one of the all-time greats of the game, and I don't think most of it was due to roids. However, this year definitely looks like roids in the second half.

Max Kellerman is now in hot water for asserting the same thing: https://nypost.com/2022/09/14/max-ke...d-insinuation/

Load Metric
    If I hear “Let It Go” from Frozen in the playoffs I’m snap hitting the max bet button

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe it's good that Kimbrel blows a few when the games are meaningless, so the Dodgers are stung into avoiding using him in close postseason games.

Load Metric
    Maybe it's good that Kimbrel blows a few when the games are meaningless, so the Dodgers are stung into avoiding using him in close postseason games.
    I saw Kimbrel the night before last and my thoughts were similar…. Perhaps they will think Kimbrel has been touched by fairy dust …. He actually looked like a competent closer.

Funny to see Kahnle in a Dodgers uniform. I forgot he was still alive.

It’s gonna be Jansen v Kimbrel eventually for all the marbles if you get past the Mets. Many sharps are leaning Mets in that series. I wanna see Braves Dodgers just for the competition.

Load Metric
    Kimbrel enters the game with a 5-1 lead against the mighty Diamondbacks. He proceeds to load the bases with zero outs.

The playoffs can’t come soon enough.

Load Metric
    LMAO Canada about to lift vax restrictions right before the playoffs.

Trudeau must have been an Expos fan.

Load Metric
    Serious Question.. Do the Dbacks have the worst fucking bullpen in all of baseball?? I mean seriously? How many games have they cost the team? Up 5-1 in game 1, and get choked out by the Dodgers due to more failures from their bullpen. If not for their bullpen they mightve actually had a WC shot this year. The fact Melancon came in and didnt shit the bed again tonight is a miracle in the 2nd game of the Dbl header.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Serious Question.. Do the Dbacks have the worst fucking bullpen in all of baseball?? I mean seriously? How many games have they cost the team? Up 5-1 in game 1, and get choked out by the Dodgers due to more failures from their bullpen. If not for their bullpen they mightve actually had a WC shot this year. The fact Melancon came in and didnt shit the bed again tonight is a miracle in the 2nd game of the Dbl header.
    I kinda had the feeling the Dodgers couldn't come back twice in one day, despite the comeback kings they've been this year.

Tonight's defeat in the second game of the doubleheader makes it almost certain the Mariners will not lose their record. The Dodgers cannot win more than 117 games now, as they are 103-45, with 14 to play. They would have to go 14-0 to beat the Mariners 116-win record, and 13-1 to tie it -- both being quite unlikely.

I am guessing the Dodgers will go 9-5 in their final 14, and finish with 112 wins.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, the AL Wild Card race is essentially over -- aside from who gets which position. Baltimore is 5 back, and the White Sox are 5.5 back, so barring a collapse by any of the 3 teams, it will be Toronto, Seattle, and Tampa.

In the NL, the Brewers trail the Phillies by 2.5, but I don't think they're going to make it. I think it will very likely be Atlanta (or Mets), Philly, and Padres.

Still annoyed that the Dodgers might have to face BOTH the Braves and Mets in the NLDS/NLCS.

Oh, and Judge hit his 60th. Obviously he will pass Maris. The question becomes whether or not he deserves to be the true HR king, or if we still count roidheads McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds.

Load Metric
    Anyway, the AL Wild Card race is essentially over -- aside from who gets which position. Baltimore is 5 back, and the White Sox are 5.5 back, so barring a collapse by any of the 3 teams, it will be Toronto, Seattle, and Tampa.

In the NL, the Brewers trail the Phillies by 2.5, but I don't think they're going to make it. I think it will very likely be Atlanta (or Mets), Philly, and Padres.

Still annoyed that the Dodgers might have to face BOTH the Braves and Mets in the NLDS/NLCS.

Oh, and Judge hit his 60th. Obviously he will pass Maris. The question becomes whether or not he deserves to be the true HR king, or if we still count roidheads McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds.
    Baseball has a true, serious marketing issue.

For me as a past diehard (been checked out since Cubs won in 2016) but still a sports fan that tunes in to the playoffs casually but have no idea about Judge is utterly laughable. I've attended two MLB games this year, Seattle and Colorado.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Baseball has a true, serious marketing issue.

For me as a past diehard (been checked out since Cubs won in 2016) but still a sports fan that tunes in to the playoffs casually but have no idea about Judge is utterly laughable. I've attended two MLB games this year, Seattle and Colorado.
    I follow baseball more than most and even I really don’t care about the Judge home run thing as much as the Ohtani accomplishment. I’m barely following.

Different ball and better pitchers today vs the ‘Roid era and the Maris era. I am much more impressed and entertained by how Judge fixed his offense in the cage.

Thread Information