Thread: I was given a list of human development / sex ed videos today for Ben's school...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I was given a list of human development / sex ed videos today for Ben's school...

Ben is at the age where they start teaching kids about the changes their bodies will go through in puberty, which then leads to a sex ed course the following year.

I have no problem with any of this, and in fact went through similar courses myself at around the same age. I assume most of you did, as well.

However, in advance of doing this, they just e-mailed parents a list of the videos which will be shown to kids in each grade. I am not familiar with any of these videos, and they're offering parents the opportunity to watch them, but only if they attend a lol "virtual preview" event at a specific date and time. Dumb. Why not just post them somewhere for parents to watch at their leisure?

Anyway, the preview procedure is stupid, but it's not the point of this post.

They listed the names of the videos and the year they were released.

All three videos Ben will be watching were made in 2007-2008, and I was thrilled to see that!

Isn't it a sad statement about the state of our society, that I'm thrilled to see that puberty/sex ed videos were made over a decade ago, rather than today?

The 2007/2008 production dates mean that there will be no BS about gender fluidity, 100 sexual preferences, preferred pronouns, men having vaginas, or any of that other bullshit. It means that these will very likely be matter-of-fact videos similar to the ones I saw as a kid. I'm totally fine with the concept of gay/bi people being taught to kids (at an appropriate age), but not all of that other extreme, pseudoscientific crap.

In fact, I'll go as far as saying that I may not even bother previewing the videos, given the year they were made. Had they been made any time in the past 5 years, 100% I would want to preview them and make sure they weren't full of propaganda.

The woke left really has ruined American society at record speed.

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ben is at the age where they start teaching kids about the changes their bodies will go through in puberty, which then leads to a sex ed course the following year.

I have no problem with any of this, and in fact went through similar courses myself at around the same age. I assume most of you did, as well.

However, in advance of doing this, they just e-mailed parents a list of the videos which will be shown to kids in each grade. I am not familiar with any of these videos, and they're offering parents the opportunity to watch them, but only if they attend a lol "virtual preview" event at a specific date and time. Dumb. Why not just post them somewhere for parents to watch at their leisure?

All three videos Ben will be watching were made in 2007-2008, and I was thrilled to see that!

Isn't it a sad statement about the state of our society, that I'm thrilled to see that puberty/sex ed videos were made over a decade ago, rather than today?

The 2007/2008 production dates mean that there will be no BS about gender fluidity, 100 sexual preferences, preferred pronouns, or any of that other bullshit. It means that these will very likely be matter-of-fact videos similar to the ones I saw as a kid.

In fact, I'll go as far as saying that I may not even bother previewing the videos, given the year they were made. Had they been made any time in the past 5 years, 100% I would want to preview them and make sure they weren't full of propaganda.

bullshit
    liar

Comments

splitthis: Dumb

Dan Druff: AA time again

Load Metric

The 2007/2008 production dates mean that there will be no BS about gender fluidity, 100 sexual preferences, preferred pronouns, men having vaginas, or any of that other bullshit. It means that these will very likely be matter-of-fact videos similar to the ones I saw as a kid. I'm totally fine with the concept of gay/bi people being taught to kids (at an appropriate age), but not all of that other extreme, pseudoscientific crap.

Hopefully none were directed by Roman Polanski.

I do agree though, and think I would feel the same as you if in that spot.

Do they still do D.A.R.E. for kids? I remember that shit just making me want to do drugs....

Load Metric
    Agree that GOP trigger issues in lieu of a platform do not belong in sex education.

A big issue with Bush-era sex education is the 'abstinence only' curriculum, which refuses to instruct kids about birth control methods in favor of waiting until marriage because of sky wizard and jesus. Obvious lol, with higher rates of teen pregnancy and STI's seen in such states.

Any health curriculum should be based on scientific evidence and understanding and completely free of antiquated religious dogma. Wanting to fuck is biological and those so inclined will do so regardless of not learning about how to go about it safely. I remember a common misconception in my high school was that a girl could simply take a birth control pill before sex and it would do the job and that pulling out was foolproof if you pulled out before dropping a filthy load on the titties. While we weren't taught about birth control, we were given a lecture with gratuitous imagery about how various forms of STI's can manifest if we were to engage in sex. Primary outcome was that everyone was scared to go down on the ladies.

As always, LOL Team Jesus.

Comments

splitthis: Not only dumb, but possessed.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    The GAP now has commercials with 2 dudes kissing. Then theres this weird spot for some truvada for prep drug where trans folk and other odd fellows act all weird. Last night I watched "the harder they fall" on netflix and it was all about black dudes humiliating white folks. And Joy Reid is allowed to say on msnbc that Kyle R was crying "white crodidile tears." The world seems to have passed me by because this is all very unusual to me. Im sure the real controversial stuff thatll be taught to Ben was not mentioned and Im sure therell be some very bizarre things that come up. Time to send him to a good Hebrew school??

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Agree that GOP trigger issues in lieu of a platform do not belong in sex education.

A big issue with Bush-era sex education is the 'abstinence only' curriculum, which refuses to instruct kids about birth control methods in favor of waiting until marriage because of sky wizard and jesus. Obvious lol, with higher rates of teen pregnancy and STI's seen in such states.

Any health curriculum should be based on scientific evidence and understanding and completely free of antiquated religious dogma. Wanting to fuck is biological and those so inclined will do so regardless of not learning about how to go about it safely. I remember a common misconception in my high school was that a girl could simply take a birth control pill before sex and it would do the job and that pulling out was foolproof if you pulled out before dropping a filthy load on the titties. While we weren't taught about birth control, we were given a lecture with gratuitous imagery about how various forms of STI's can manifest if we were to engage in sex. Primary outcome was that everyone was scared to go down on the ladies.

As always, LOL Team Jesus.
    Name:  84F6301F-5460-4080-BA19-A1CDB17A48B1.jpeg
Views: 226
Size:  119.6 KB

Load Metric

I think you should withhold judgement on the videos until you have thoroughly watched them...for parental guidance purposes of course...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why would you be given anything related to being human?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As if you know anything regarding anything related to non gringo affairs.

Chances you have an offspring unrelated to rape are nil

Load Metric
    LIMITED LES FOLKS
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe shit crosses from Mexico to the U.S of ass but we have North Korean shit detectors which make this an impossibility.

Allies

Thread Information