Thread: COVID is leading cause of death among police officers

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

COVID is leading cause of death among police officers

ref: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...g-cause-death/

The pandemic has taken a devastating toll on police departments across the country. COVID-19 is now killing more law enforcement officers than any other threat they face in the line of duty — 716 officers have died since March 2020, according to the Fraternal Order of Police.

Still, there is a reluctance among law enforcement to get vaccinated.

In Memphis and Louisville, just 47% of officers have been vaccinated, according to those police departments. In Philadelphia, just 13% of police department employees have provided proof of vaccination, the city said.
    If you want to support first responders and police officers, encourage them to get vaccinated.

Comments

splitthis: Worry about yourself control freak

Walter Sobchak: Khalwat is god

Gold
    Load Metric
    You should support them by leaving them alone and do what they thinks best for them

Comments

splitthis: 100%

country978:

JACKDANIELS: GET HIM

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    You should support them by leaving them alone and do what they thinks best for them
    He is a left wing loon, and because he reads Huffington Post and watches CNN he is now smart and deserves the right to lecture people. You'll never convince him otherwise.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Dipshit

country978:

MumblesBadly: It’s no longer called the “Huffington” Post, you dumbass.

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Actually agree with this.

The last thing we need now is a shortage of cops. Also, I'm assuming most of these cops who died are ones who work in the station, whereas the beat cops on the streets probably only make up a small percentage of cases. I'm basing this upon the fact that the beat cops (the ones most important not to lose, short term) tend to be younger, and thus much less likely to die of COVID.

Load Metric
    who would imagine this thread would descend into abject right wing boot licking
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The last thing we need now is a shortage of cops. Also, I'm assuming most of these cops who died are ones who work in the station, whereas the beat cops on the streets probably only make up a small percentage of cases. I'm basing this upon the fact that the beat cops (the ones most important not to lose, short term) tend to be younger, and thus much less likely to die of COVID.
    so most of the cops who died are the ones that work at the station but don't walk a beat? like the cops working the desk jobs?

Load Metric
    Actually, the # cause of death for cops is Left Wing Mayors

Comments

splitthis: Zing!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    ref: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...g-cause-death/

The pandemic has taken a devastating toll on police departments across the country. COVID-19 is now killing more law enforcement officers than any other threat they face in the line of duty — 716 officers have died since March 2020, according to the Fraternal Order of Police.

Still, there is a reluctance among law enforcement to get vaccinated.

In Memphis and Louisville, just 47% of officers have been vaccinated, according to those police departments. In Philadelphia, just 13% of police department employees have provided proof of vaccination, the city said.
    If you want to support first responders and police officers, encourage them to get vaccinated.
    How is it that you are practicing what you preach, Khalwat? Are you going to your local fire house and police station to do this? What type of reactions from the cops are you getting when you "encourage" them? I'd really like to follow you around one day to see if you do this and if you really are wearing a mask everywhere you go and keeping a distance or if you're from the Pelosi school of hypocrisy.

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://nypost.com/2021/11/10/nancy-...ding-maskless/

The Pelosi School of Hypocrisy right here. Pretty sure all the servants and bus boys were masked though so I guess its ok. I really can't stand anymore lecturing because those who do are nearly always do as I say type folks. And isn't it just so genius that while the speaker of the house is unmasked at an opulent wedding the children of her district in San Francisco have to wears masks outside. Fuckin' aye Khalwat. Give it a rest already.
    Last edited by country978; 11-10-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There is an endless supply of grade 12 graduates

Thread Information