Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you have politicized a public health issue, you're more likely to die

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

If you have politicized a public health issue, you're more likely to die

If you've decided your fidelity to a particular political party is more important than your health, unsurprisingly, you're more likely to die from COVID:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/b...d-america.html

The brief version: The gap in Covid’s death toll between red and blue America has grown faster over the past month than at any previous point.

In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from Covid, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

splitthis: Worry about yourself control freak

nunbeater: worry about yourself control group

MumblesBadly: Fitting justice for supporting a criminal president

Silver
    Load Metric
    ... and yet here you are, doing exactly that.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Doing exactly the opposite. Attempting to get people to see that this is a _public health issue_ and not a political issue.

Get vaccinated. Wear a mask where asked.

You're more likely to live to vote however you please in the next election than if you disregard it.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Post more

shoeshine box:

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    For anyone who can't read the article because they need an account, here it is as PDF (see attached files)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Comments

country978:

Ryan Eisenhower:

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    Doing exactly the opposite. Attempting to get people to see that this is a _public health issue_ and not a political issue.

You're more likely to live to vote however you please in the next election than if you disregard it.
    No.

Comments

splitthis: Got that right

Gold
    Load Metric

No.
    You wear the mask Khalwat. Then you won't have to be so concerned with the actions of others.

Comments

splitthis: 100%

Gold
    Load Metric
    Is that what you do? You wear a mask when you're asked to do so or you wear a mask in all social settings? If you think its so necessary then nobody should have to ask you and you should be wearing it all the time lest anyone suggest you're being hypocritical

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    You wear the mask Khalwat. Then you won't have to be so concerned with the actions of others.
    I'm fully vaccinated, and I wear a mask in public spaces. So it's not about me.

For public health concerns, these things work most effectively when as many people as possible get involved.

I traveled to Asia about 20 years ago, and was surprised to see some people in Japan wearing masks on the subway. They were doing it as a courtesy to others, because they were sick, and didn't want to spread it to others.

It's amazing how infantile people here can be about taking simple precautions that have been shown to help.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Gold
    Load Metric

For public health concerns, these things work most effectively when as many people as possible get involved.

I traveled to Asia about 20 years ago, and was surprised to see some people in Japan wearing masks on the subway. They were doing it as a courtesy to others, because they were sick, and didn't want to spread it to others.

It's amazing how infantile people here can be about taking simple precautions that have been shown to help.
    I love it that you've been on the show so often lately but that doesn't mean we need to agree or that you should label me as an infant for not agreeing with you. I'm fully vaccinated too and I do not wear a mask in public spaces. I find it unnecessary and won't do it. As a courtesy to my fellow brothers (everyone you meet) I would wear a mask or stay home if I was sick. That has to be good enough. It at least has to be good enough to get people like you to stop reacting with insults and hostility towards those with whom you don't agree.

Comments

splitthis: He is an idiot lib obv

Silver
    Load Metric

This is the line of thinking that got us to having to show papers to eat in a restaurant or work out in a gym.

Idiots wearing masks while riding a bike or walking down the street because they are taking SiMpLE PReCaUTIoNS, patting themselves on the back for depriving themselves of air for no realized benefit.

Asymptomatic spread isn't driving the pandemic, and that is what masks are supposed to prevent.

The masks are for optics, the pandemic ends when the masks go away.

If you are sick or in ill health, go ahead, but pretending there are no consequences to masking society is a very naïve take, and wearing a mask when you don't have any symptoms doesn't make you virtuous.

Comments

country978: perfect!

dwai:

splitthis:

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Load Metric
    yep sorry Khalwat you should’ve listed the title as your more likely to die if your a Trump supporter because that was obviously your point you were trying to make. Just a reminder the biggest bunch of folks vax refusers are actually loyal Dem demographically speaking such as poor blacks and Hispanics.

Oh some other stuff the media is refusing to report. 18K yes 18,000 deaths have been directly attributed to the shots. Almost 1/3 of those were within 48hrs. To compare the adv death number from
    Flu shots is 72 a year on avg. Also recent numbers of deaths in Europe a large majority of Covid Deaths where cases are rising again are indeed Vaccinated showing the shots are shitting the bed in effectiveness being maintained. And there are some MDs now voicing some opinions that the pattern of needing repeated boosters is very concerning especially regarding repeated and continuous exposure to and injection of the spike proteins into the body. (This might explain also Druffs worse reaction from his booster shot). Don’t get me wrong I’m not anti vax im very much concerned that the efficacy has been shown to be rapidly declining and this now push regarding young kids makes zero sense to me. They aren’t dying from Covid it’s under 500 in the nearly 2 yrs. Nearly all had immunocompromised issues such as cancer. Flu kills many lore kids but I don’t see flu shots being mandated.

Comments

splitthis: I know 2 of them

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Load Metric

No.
    Except masks don’t protect the wearers worth a shit and that’s been proven.

Comments

country978: praise4jesus

Load Metric

It’s not about public health and hasn’t been for awhile. The politicization to control the masses started with and is running full bore from the leftists and the elitists. The damning evidence has been out there. Politicians screaming to wear masks and then they’re caught repeatedly not wearing one. Come on Khalwat for a smart guy your ignoring the clear and convincing evidence of the hypocrisy of the political elite and their bullshit.

Comments

splitthis: 100%

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Load Metric
    Pre-symptomatic is the word that matters. If you feel like scoring points for whatever, you can keep spewing facts about asymptomatic spread. It's just worthless noise.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    yep sorry Khalwat you should’ve listed the title as your more likely to die if your a Trump supporter because that was obviously your point you were trying to make. Just a reminder the biggest bunch of folks vax refusers are actually loyal Dem demographically speaking such as poor blacks and Hispanics.
    Incorrect. I do not GAF who people voted for. I'd like people to realize that this is a public health issue, not a political issue.

Gold
    Load Metric

Incorrect. I do not GAF who people voted for. I'd like people to realize that this is a public health issue, not a political issue.
    And I would like for you and everyone else to stop concerning yourself with what I or anyone else does. Its a waste of your time. You are never going to change anyones mind at this stage of the game and so you should just stop trying and worry about yourself.

Comments

splitthis: They have trouble giving up the CONTROL

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    It’s not about public health and hasn’t been for awhile. The politicization to control the masses started with and is running full bore from the leftists and the elitists. The damning evidence has been out there. Politicians screaming to wear masks and then they’re caught repeatedly not wearing one. Come on Khalwat for a smart guy your ignoring the clear and convincing evidence of the hypocrisy of the political elite and their bullshit.
    It has been and continues to be a public health concern. The USA leads the world in deaths from COVID-19 at 775,589, and the sad part is, for a wealthy country like the USA, some of these deaths were avoidable.

Experts are saying "Do these things, and you'll be less likely to die" and a percentage of the population is ignoring them.

Fine, some percentage of people think the world is flat, too.

However, the tragedy here is that there's such a huge disparity in terms of deaths based on political affiliation.

This should not be a political issue; 4x as many people on one side should not be unvaccinated compared to the other. It's mind-numbingly silly.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    And I would like for you and everyone else to stop concerning yourself with what I or anyone else does. Its a waste of your time. You are never going to change anyones mind at this stage of the game and so you should just stop trying and worry about yourself.
    I care, because the more people who get the vaccine, and the more people who practice social distancing & mask wearing, the quicker we can get back to normal.

This isn't a "just worry about yourself" kind of thing (which in general I agree with, btw). What everyone collectively does affects the outcome for everyone.

It's not like having the freedom to choose your own religion; it's more like drunk driving on public roads. You are endangering other people as well as yourself.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Idiots wearing masks while riding a bike or walking down the street because they are taking SiMpLE PReCaUTIoNS, patting themselves on the back for depriving themselves of air for no realized benefit.
    This I 100% agree with; people wearing masks when outside, or biking, or when riding solo in cars... I don't understand the point at all.

Asymptomatic spread isn't driving the pandemic, and that is what masks are supposed to prevent.

The masks are for optics, the pandemic ends when the masks go away.

If you are sick or in ill health, go ahead, but pretending there are no consequences to masking society is a very naïve take, and wearing a mask when you don't have any symptoms doesn't make you virtuous.
    I'm not interested in being virtuous. I FUCKING HATE wearing masks, I want it to end. And as soon as possible.

Masks have been shown in studies the world over to be beneficial for the prevention of the spread of COVID. There's another thread here that links to numerous studies from all over the world.

They are not merely for "optics", as the data clearly shows. Are they 100%? Of course not. But even if only 10% effective, that's 1/10... and similar to how a seat belt doesn't ensure you won't get hurt in a car accident, but it'll help.

Load Metric
    Either way, they are 100% retarded regardless of how they voted if they were eligible to receive it. Only those who couldn’t because of young age or a legit medical condition are worthy of being a number on a spreadsheet when they die.

It’s kind of disrespectful to non-sociopaths with an immune disorder or children to be classified along with that trash without distinction.

The rest should just be tabulated as suicides or as solid waste tonnage.

Thread Information