Thread: If you have politicized a public health issue, you're more likely to die

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric

If you have politicized a public health issue, you're more likely to die

If you've decided your fidelity to a particular political party is more important than your health, unsurprisingly, you're more likely to die from COVID:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/b...d-america.html

The brief version: The gap in Covid’s death toll between red and blue America has grown faster over the past month than at any previous point.

In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from Covid, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

splitthis: Worry about yourself control freak

nunbeater: worry about yourself control group

MumblesBadly: Fitting justice for supporting a criminal president

Silver
    Load Metric
    ... and yet here you are, doing exactly that.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Doing exactly the opposite. Attempting to get people to see that this is a _public health issue_ and not a political issue.

Get vaccinated. Wear a mask where asked.

You're more likely to live to vote however you please in the next election than if you disregard it.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Post more

shoeshine box:

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    For anyone who can't read the article because they need an account, here it is as PDF (see attached files)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Comments

country978:

Ryan Eisenhower:

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    Doing exactly the opposite. Attempting to get people to see that this is a _public health issue_ and not a political issue.

You're more likely to live to vote however you please in the next election than if you disregard it.
    No.

Comments

splitthis: Got that right

Gold
    Load Metric

No.
    You wear the mask Khalwat. Then you won't have to be so concerned with the actions of others.

Comments

splitthis: 100%

Gold
    Load Metric
    Is that what you do? You wear a mask when you're asked to do so or you wear a mask in all social settings? If you think its so necessary then nobody should have to ask you and you should be wearing it all the time lest anyone suggest you're being hypocritical

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    You wear the mask Khalwat. Then you won't have to be so concerned with the actions of others.
    I'm fully vaccinated, and I wear a mask in public spaces. So it's not about me.

For public health concerns, these things work most effectively when as many people as possible get involved.

I traveled to Asia about 20 years ago, and was surprised to see some people in Japan wearing masks on the subway. They were doing it as a courtesy to others, because they were sick, and didn't want to spread it to others.

It's amazing how infantile people here can be about taking simple precautions that have been shown to help.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric

No.
    Except masks don’t protect the wearers worth a shit and that’s been proven.

Comments

country978: praise4jesus

Gold
    Load Metric

Khalwat I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.

Yawn oh J&J may be intentionally creating cancer patients for their much more profitable cancer treatment division.
    Oh and there's no congressional inquiry and no serious concern from the media. Is anyone surprised by this? I'm not it's totally standard.
    Khalwat face the horror of how bad things have gotten.

What i'm saying is corporations routinely choose profit over American lives, i don't even see how that's arguable.
    That's the cause of the distrust. Do i think the vaccines are some sort of depopulation conspiracy? Absolutely not but there's an under reporting of adverse reactions and deaths. Ntm there's still some unknowns.

At this point Pfizer appears to be the best vaccine to take but lets hope their new pill will bring an end to covid deaths. Really can't take their word for it, we'll just have to see.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

Khalwat I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.

Yawn oh J&J may be intentionally creating cancer patients for their much more profitable cancer treatment division.
    Oh and there's no congressional inquiry and no serious concern from the media. Is anyone surprised by this? I'm not it's totally standard.
    Khalwat face the horror of how bad things have gotten.

What i'm saying is corporations routinely choose profit over American lives, i don't even see how that's arguable.
    That's the cause of the distrust. Do i think the vaccines are some sort of depopulation conspiracy? Absolutely not but there's an under reporting of adverse reactions and deaths. Ntm there's still some unknowns.

At this point Pfizer appears to be the best vaccine to take but lets hope their new pill will bring an end to covid deaths. Really can't take their word for it, we'll just have to see.
    Twitter: Technology · Trending
    Johnson & Johnson
    Johnson & Johnson plans to split its consumer business from pharmaceutical and medical-devices device unit
    194K Tweets

Wow

Load Metric
    yep sorry Khalwat you should’ve listed the title as your more likely to die if your a Trump supporter because that was obviously your point you were trying to make. Just a reminder the biggest bunch of folks vax refusers are actually loyal Dem demographically speaking such as poor blacks and Hispanics.

Oh some other stuff the media is refusing to report. 18K yes 18,000 deaths have been directly attributed to the shots. Almost 1/3 of those were within 48hrs. To compare the adv death number from
    Flu shots is 72 a year on avg. Also recent numbers of deaths in Europe a large majority of Covid Deaths where cases are rising again are indeed Vaccinated showing the shots are shitting the bed in effectiveness being maintained. And there are some MDs now voicing some opinions that the pattern of needing repeated boosters is very concerning especially regarding repeated and continuous exposure to and injection of the spike proteins into the body. (This might explain also Druffs worse reaction from his booster shot). Don’t get me wrong I’m not anti vax im very much concerned that the efficacy has been shown to be rapidly declining and this now push regarding young kids makes zero sense to me. They aren’t dying from Covid it’s under 500 in the nearly 2 yrs. Nearly all had immunocompromised issues such as cancer. Flu kills many lore kids but I don’t see flu shots being mandated.

Comments

splitthis: I know 2 of them

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    yep sorry Khalwat you should’ve listed the title as your more likely to die if your a Trump supporter because that was obviously your point you were trying to make. Just a reminder the biggest bunch of folks vax refusers are actually loyal Dem demographically speaking such as poor blacks and Hispanics.
    Incorrect. I do not GAF who people voted for. I'd like people to realize that this is a public health issue, not a political issue.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Incorrect. I do not GAF who people voted for. I'd like people to realize that this is a public health issue, not a political issue.
    And I would like for you and everyone else to stop concerning yourself with what I or anyone else does. Its a waste of your time. You are never going to change anyones mind at this stage of the game and so you should just stop trying and worry about yourself.

Comments

splitthis: They have trouble giving up the CONTROL

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    And I would like for you and everyone else to stop concerning yourself with what I or anyone else does. Its a waste of your time. You are never going to change anyones mind at this stage of the game and so you should just stop trying and worry about yourself.
    I care, because the more people who get the vaccine, and the more people who practice social distancing & mask wearing, the quicker we can get back to normal.

This isn't a "just worry about yourself" kind of thing (which in general I agree with, btw). What everyone collectively does affects the outcome for everyone.

It's not like having the freedom to choose your own religion; it's more like drunk driving on public roads. You are endangering other people as well as yourself.

Thread Information