Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you have politicized a public health issue, you're more likely to die

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

In your opinion, what is causing more Republicans than Democrats to die from Covid?
    What are the age demographics for those counties? I don't care to join this argument, but I'll offer an observation. If you assume that Republicans on average are older in age, then the vaccination rates could be the same, but the republican counties would likely have higher death rates due to covid being more deadly as age increases.
    Geography explains part of it this time of the year. Basically South and North-West gets this bump in cases around summer/fall likely because of climate. Towards winter South goes down and West/NE start going up. Something like that.

I think it's somewhere around late spring when all 4 regions have hit their climate related peaks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Social distance, yes (and I mean staying out of crowded indoor spaces, not keeping 6 feet apart).

Vaccinated, yes.

Wearing a mask, no. That has never been reliably proven, and at best it's of negligible benefit, excluding N-95 and KN-95 which do work well when worn properly. But most people aren't wearing those.

But we've been over this stuff before, and don't fully agree on the mask thing, so I don't really want to argue that here.

Regarding political affiliation, it is true that right-wingers are more likely to die of COVID, given that the right is more hesitant to get vaccinated. Vaccination status is the main difference in those death rates these days, if you're over 45.

However, it's not as simple as you're portraying it. The right wingers have taken this position partially because BOTH sides have heavily politicized COVID,
    lol one side is like you should get vaccinated as per the science while the other side is snorting horse dewormer
    Yes, ignore all of the valid points I made, and respond with a (bullshit) horse dewormer one-liner.

The left and mainstream media has repeatedly lied or exaggerated about COVID, and then they wonder why so many on the right don't trust them. Maybe if they hadn't used COVID propaganda and mask dogma to vilify Trump for all of 2020, the right might trust them more. Maybe if the CDC and Fauci weren't so wishy-washy regarding what is recommended, often turning on a dime without any real change in circumstance or scientific breakthroughs, people would trust them more. Maybe we were told the TRUTH about the actual danger of COVID, and its incredible differential between age groups, we wouldn't be seeing idiotic mandates for vaccinating, masking, and restricting children.

Remember, in 2020 we weren't allowed to say that COVID might have been from a lab leak, and somehow everyone was praising Andrew Cuomo, despite his nursing home debacle, which somehow was just ignored until after Trump lost. And Rochelle Walensky of the CDC actually said that she wouldn't let her (vaccinated) 16-year-old son go to an outdoor camp (lol), and just days later said that masks were no longer recommended for vaccinated people in indoor settings!

We were also the only country in the world with plans to distribute the vaccine based upon "racial equity", and not simply based upon age.

Zero consistency, and entirely politically driven.

And then the left wonders, "Why can't they just trust the EXPERTS and listen to us?"

Comments

splitthis: Correct

Load Metric

lol one side is like you should get vaccinated as per the science while the other side is snorting horse dewormer
    Yes, ignore all of the valid points I made, and respond with a (bullshit) horse dewormer one-liner.

The left and mainstream media has repeatedly lied or exaggerated about COVID, and then they wonder why so many on the right don't trust them. Maybe if they hadn't used COVID propaganda and mask dogma to vilify Trump for all of 2020, the right might trust them more. Maybe if the CDC and Fauci weren't so wishy-washy regarding what is recommended, often turning on a dime without any real change in circumstance or scientific breakthroughs, people would trust them more. Maybe we were told the TRUTH about the actual danger of COVID, and its incredible differential between age groups, we wouldn't be seeing idiotic mandates for vaccinating, masking, and restricting children.

Remember, in 2020 we weren't allowed to say that COVID might have been from a lab leak, and somehow everyone was praising Andrew Cuomo, despite his nursing home debacle, which somehow was just ignored until after Trump lost. And Rochelle Walensky of the CDC actually said that she wouldn't let her (vaccinated) 16-year-old son go to an outdoor camp (lol), and just days later said that masks were no longer recommended for vaccinated people in indoor settings!

We were also the only country in the world with plans to distribute the vaccine based upon "racial equity", and not simply based upon age.

And then the left wonders, "Why can't they just trust the EXPERTS and listen to us?"
    goddamn Trump and the rest of the right wing brain trust made this way the fuck more worse than it ever had to be. If we're gonna bitch about people lying about covid the right has got a mountain compared to the left's molehill. not allowed to say that covid was from a lab leak lol get the fuck outta here yeah you guys are so oppressed you're only like the millionth right winger bitching about how covid came from a lab

Load Metric
    also the right has a huge percentage of religious people, and with those types of people I don't care how many fucking experts you got, anything related to science and they tune that shit the fuck out, cross out the answer, and pencil in god. Your people refuse to listen to the experts because they have divine providence on their side. Then they are shocked when they die from covid.

Load Metric

goddamn Trump and the rest of the right wing brain trust made this way the fuck more worse than it ever had to be. If we're gonna bitch about people lying about covid the right has got a mountain compared to the left's molehill. not allowed to say that covid was from a lab leak lol get the fuck outta here yeah you guys are so oppressed you're only like the millionth right winger bitching about how covid came from a lab

nobody is this stupid except JimmyG_415 🤔

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  1CC9EFD3-0135-4BB4-8F10-2C4FD20B42DD.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  676.2 KB

Dumbest of the dumb nurse Ratchet

Load Metric

In your opinion, what is causing more Republicans than Democrats to die from Covid?
    What are the age demographics for those counties? I don't care to join this argument, but I'll offer an observation. If you assume that Republicans on average are older in age, then the vaccination rates could be the same, but the republican counties would likely have higher death rates due to covid being more deadly as age increases.
    That’s a quality thought, but almost all Covid deaths now are among unvaccinated people. There are exceptions but the data are overwhelming. So age isn’t the answer.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Name:  1CC9EFD3-0135-4BB4-8F10-2C4FD20B42DD.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  676.2 KB

Dumbest of the dumb nurse Ratchet
    You should be out gettin drunk and bangin beaver

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Geography explains part of it this time of the year. Basically South and North-West gets this bump in cases around summer/fall likely because of climate. Towards winter South goes down and West/NE start going up. Something like that.

I think it's somewhere around late spring when all 4 regions have hit their climate related peaks.
    But that would not explain the disparity between Democrats and Republicans.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    ... and yet here you are, doing exactly that.
    Doing exactly the opposite. Attempting to get people to see that this is a _public health issue_ and not a political issue.

Get vaccinated. Wear a mask where asked.

You're more likely to live to vote however you please in the next election than if you disregard it.
    Khalwat I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.

Yawn oh J&J may be intentionally creating cancer patients for their much more profitable cancer treatment division.
    Oh and there's no congressional inquiry and no serious concern from the media. Is anyone surprised by this? I'm not it's totally standard.
    Khalwat face the horror of how bad things have gotten.

What i'm saying is corporations routinely choose profit over American lives, i don't even see how that's arguable.
    That's the cause of the distrust. Do i think the vaccines are some sort of depopulation conspiracy? Absolutely not but there's an under reporting of adverse reactions and deaths. Ntm there's still some unknowns.

At this point Pfizer appears to be the best vaccine to take but lets hope their new pill will bring an end to covid deaths. Really can't take their word for it, we'll just have to see.

Load Metric

It does explain maybe 20% of it. It's because it's tracking cumulative deaths.

Say there's 100 Trump counties and 100 Biden counties.

80 Trump counties are in the South/NW. 80 Biden counties are in the West/NE.

West/NE rack 60% of their deaths in the Winter. South/NW rack 40% of their deaths in the winter.

If the timeline is cut before winter in this example using almost completely arbitrary numbers then this is what happens.

Of the cumulative deaths for any given year the majority of Trump counties have 60% of the years deaths before winter and Biden counties have 40%. When calculated with the random 80/20 regional split this gives us...

(0,8x60) + (0,2x40) = 48 + 8 = 56% of the yearly cumulative deaths in Trump counties before winter

(0,2x60) + (0,8x40) = 12 + 32 = 44% of the yearly cumulative deaths in Biden counties before winter

Regional weather effect isn't a huge effect, but it does exist and if you're looking to make a point then choosing this timeline from the start of the year does "favor" Biden counties.

Load Metric

West/NE rack 60% of their deaths in the Winter. South/NW rack 40% of their deaths in the winter.

If the timeline is cut before winter in this example using almost completely arbitrary numbers then this is what happens.

Of the cumulative deaths for any given year the majority of Trump counties have 60% of the years deaths before winter and Biden counties have 40%. When calculated with the random 80/20 regional split this gives us...

(0,8x60) + (0,2x40) = 48 + 8 = 56% of the yearly cumulative deaths in Trump counties before winter

(0,2x60) + (0,8x40) = 12 + 32 = 44% of the yearly cumulative deaths in Biden counties before winter

Regional weather effect isn't a huge effect, but it does exist and if you're looking to make a point then choosing this timeline from the start of the year does "favor" Biden counties.
    I get what you’re saying and you’re right to an extent, but that doesn’t explain the fact that death rates were similar before vaccines were available and now they are not similar.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post

Doing exactly the opposite. Attempting to get people to see that this is a _public health issue_ and not a political issue.

Get vaccinated. Wear a mask where asked.

You're more likely to live to vote however you please in the next election than if you disregard it.
    Khalwat I'm curious what your thoughts are on this.

Yawn oh J&J may be intentionally creating cancer patients for their much more profitable cancer treatment division.
    Oh and there's no congressional inquiry and no serious concern from the media. Is anyone surprised by this? I'm not it's totally standard.
    Khalwat face the horror of how bad things have gotten.

What i'm saying is corporations routinely choose profit over American lives, i don't even see how that's arguable.
    That's the cause of the distrust. Do i think the vaccines are some sort of depopulation conspiracy? Absolutely not but there's an under reporting of adverse reactions and deaths. Ntm there's still some unknowns.

At this point Pfizer appears to be the best vaccine to take but lets hope their new pill will bring an end to covid deaths. Really can't take their word for it, we'll just have to see.
    Twitter: Technology · Trending
    Johnson & Johnson
    Johnson & Johnson plans to split its consumer business from pharmaceutical and medical-devices device unit
    194K Tweets

Wow

Load Metric

I get what you’re saying and you’re right to an extent, but that doesn’t explain the fact that death rates were similar before vaccines were available and now they are not similar.
    If the chart would extend more to the left the last years graph would have "similar" disparity around this time. Vaccines and other behavior does expand it (a lot actually). The point where weather cycles in different regions have the smallest effect is around late spring. A random month there is roughly how an averaged year would look like if regional effects were removed.

My guestimation of the impact was 20% around this time.

And mostly commented on this because FR1GHT was wondering are there other things at play such as older demographics. Older demo vs less minorities is likely a wash or it's something like 5% weight at most.

Load Metric
    With regions i went with some version of this...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

...and few other things. Just change any mention i made of Northwest to Midwest.

The "West Midwest South Northeast" divide isn't really practical for cov2's regional differences. West and Midwest are almost 4 different regions for how they behave. NE is pretty uniform and South is close enough.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

That’s a quality thought, but almost all Covid deaths now are among unvaccinated people. There are exceptions but the data are overwhelming. So age isn’t the answer.
    Age was the answer in January, but the lol left wanted to distribute the vaccine based upon "racial equity".

Load Metric

Age was the answer in January, but the lol left wanted to distribute the vaccine based upon "racial equity".
    You always get hung up on words rather than actual actions. Racial equity is just some words they throw out there hoping they drive demand for it, as they 100% knew from their data the most vaccine resistant were going to be blacks and low IQ white people.

If you make it sound like it’s something we aren’t going to screw you out of and only give to the elite white people, there was clearly a hope they’d drive a desire to get it. It didn’t work. They still were skeptical. You can’t fix stupid regardless of race. Either way., no white people were waiting as black people took their shots. They’ve been every bit the struggle dumb white trailer trash have been to get vaccinated. They just represent a smaller % of the population.

And while the rhetoric infuriated you, it didn’t serve its intended purpose of stirring the dumb racist white people to get it so the blacks wouldn’t take their shot. They didn’t want it anyway because Facebook told them not to.

It was a poor advertising campaign that failed and nothing else.
    Last edited by BCR; 11-13-2021 at 06:11 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

You always get hung up on words rather than actual actions. Racial equity is just some words they throw out there hoping they drive demand for it, as they 100% knew from their data the most vaccine resistant were going to be blacks and low IQ white people.

If you make it sound like it’s something we aren’t going to screw you out of and only give to the elite white people, there was clearly a hope they’d drive a desire to get it. It didn’t work. They still were skeptical. You can’t fix stupid regardless of race. Either way., no white people were waiting as black people took their shots. They’ve been every bit the struggle dumb white trailer trash have been to get vaccinated. They just represent a smaller % of the population.

And while the rhetoric infuriated you, it didn’t serve its intended purpose of stirring the dumb racist white people to get it so the blacks wouldn’t take their shot. They didn’t want it anyway because Facebook told them not to.

lol watching you try to distance yourself your kind/family (white trash)

your white guilt is disgusting, slob

Silver
    Load Metric

"Equity is just marketing" is at best, regressive.

It's taking the things we learned and agreed on for the last 50+ years, and flipping them all upside down.

Don't be so naïve.

"Equity" is centered in everything the left does now. How do we know? They say it constantly, you just chose to ignore it.

Equal opportunity is no longer the goal, it is now equal outcomes, which is how you get:

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  7.7 KB

Social justice and the equity crap center skin color, and if you have poor character, it someone else's fault.

Equity coddles black people, and treats them like idiots in need of white saviors.

Gold
    Load Metric

It was more than rhetoric or some psyop.
    The advice was to distribute the vax to essential workers before the elderly since the elderly are overwhelmingly white.
    And
    To not include teachers as essential workers since they were overwhelmingly white.
    >https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-playing-field
    Marc Lipsitch, a Harvard University epidemiologist, said that teachers should not be treated as essential workers when it comes to passing out the vaccine if the goal is to "reduce health inequities," in part because "they are often very white."
    The above caused a bit of controversy but surely they wouldn't try to "level the playing field".
    Or would they
    >https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...rs/ar-BB1dmBh7
    CDC director says schools can safely reopen without vaccinating teachers.
    Teachers do not need to get vaccinated against Covid-19 before schools can safely reopen, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.

"There is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen and that safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky told reporters during a White House news briefing on Covid-19.

"Vaccinations of teachers is not a prerequisite for safely reopening schools," she added.

So right before the vax becomes widely available she tried to get teachers to reopen unvaccinated.
    And no she doesn't have data backing this up.
    It caused a bit of controversy but most people didn't understand her true motive.
    The controversy reached the White House and as luck would have it the President's wife is a white teacher and they eventually walked back that insane recommendation.

It wasn't some hidden recommendation, she gave many interviews on the biggest news channels pretty much ordering schools to re open.
    Take one minute and watch for yourself..
    >

Thread Information