Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you have politicized a public health issue, you're more likely to die

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by khalwat View Post

It's amazing how infantile people here can be
    The rest of the post, while true, was superfluous.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    This I 100% agree with; people wearing masks when outside, or biking, or when riding solo in cars... I don't understand the point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Asymptomatic spread isn't driving the pandemic, and that is what masks are supposed to prevent.

The masks are for optics, the pandemic ends when the masks go away.

If you are sick or in ill health, go ahead, but pretending there are no consequences to masking society is a very naïve take, and wearing a mask when you don't have any symptoms doesn't make you virtuous.
    I'm not interested in being virtuous. I FUCKING HATE wearing masks, I want it to end. And as soon as possible.

Masks have been shown in studies the world over to be beneficial for the prevention of the spread of COVID. There's another thread here that links to numerous studies from all over the world.

They are not merely for "optics", as the data clearly shows. Are they 100%? Of course not. But even if only 10% effective, that's 1/10... and similar to how a seat belt doesn't ensure you won't get hurt in a car accident, but it'll help.

If you hate the mask so much Khalwat just stop wearing it already. And then, poof! Its all over! You see? You want it to end as soon as possible and for yourself you can end it right now. We know going forward there are these risks we didn't have a couple years back. I think we also know these risks are not going away or at least not going away soon. So the choice is to wear a mask for the rest of your life wherever you go or don't. If you want to do that then go right ahead and do it. I won't judge your choice. You say you like to live and let live and so now more than ever thats an important thing to do. I strongly suggest you do whats good for you and start worrying a lot less about what anyone else is doing.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: spot on

Load Metric
    covid is not a public health risk, the sooner you realize that and take off your faggot mask the sooner we can all move on

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    covid is not a public health risk, the sooner you realize that and take off your faggot mask the sooner we can all move on
    In your opinion, what is causing more Republicans than Democrats to die from Covid?

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    You are far more likely to not get COVID-19 if you:

- social distance
    - wear a mask
    - get vaccinated

You can not believe the studies all you like; the data is coming in on mortality rates.

You're far more likely to die of COVID if you ignore the above, than if you pay attention to them.

This is pretty basic folks, and there's no political affiliation to it whatsoever.

It's very sad to see a basic health issue so skewed based on political affiliation.

Comments

shoeshine box:

Walter Sobchak: This guy fucks

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    What would you call > 775,000 people dying in the USA alone, then?

(not to mention people who have survived COVID, but are permanently on a ventilator or otherwise permanently affected by it)

https://covidly.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

MumblesBadly: “USA is #1!!!”

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    If you hate the mask so much Khalwat just stop wearing it already. And then, poof! Its all over! You see? You want it to end as soon as possible and for yourself you can end it right now. We know going forward there are these risks we didn't have a couple years back. I think we also know these risks are not going away or at least not going away soon. So the choice is to wear a mask for the rest of your life wherever you go or don't. If you want to do that then go right ahead and do it. I won't judge your choice. You say you like to live and let live and so now more than ever thats an important thing to do. I strongly suggest you do whats good for you and start worrying a lot less about what anyone else is doing.
    When you're talking about socially communicable diseases, unfortunately, you can't just worry about yourself. You do need to be concerned with what other people are doing as well.

Both because they will affect how long the virus circulates around and mutates, and also because you will need to pay for their healthcare.

And like most conditions, prevention is far cheaper and easier then treatment.
    Last edited by khalwat; 11-08-2021 at 06:22 PM.

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    what political affiliation is that? Are you making an assumption that a person who does not agree with you is also not from the same political party as you are? You said you didn't want to make this a political discussion and now you're saying those who don't agree do so due to politics? I never voted for a republican in all my life so I guess that makes you one.
    The original article clearly states that 40% of Republican adults are unvaccinated, while only 10% of Democrat adults are unvaccinated.

It also shows the disparity between the death rates of the two groups.

So while there may be outliers as there are with all statistics, there's a pretty clear trend here.

Gold
    Load Metric
    what political affiliation is that? Are you making an assumption that a person who does not agree with you is also not from the same political party as you are? You said you didn't want to make this a political discussion and now you're saying those who don't agree do so due to politics? I never voted for a republican in all my life so I guess that makes you one.
    The original article clearly states that 40% of Republican adults are unvaccinated, while only 10% of Democrat adults are unvaccinated.

It also shows the disparity between the death rates of the two groups.

So while there may be outliers as there are with all statistics, there's a pretty clear trend here.
    I'll make this my last post because I'm not trying to make myself an annoyance to a person who adds so much to the show and forum. Its not the vaccine I have an issue with. I took the shots. My only issue is with the mask wearing. Just like you I hate them but unlike you I choose not to wear one when its not necessary (it almost never is). The virus is not going anywhere so you're talking about long term mask wearing and distancing and I just cannot get down with that. Thanks for the discussion Khalwat and again for your presence on the show. Where oh where have Brandon and Tradersky been? Miss them both.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    massive ignorant thread

blame the next natural disaster on the left on the right or left

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    In your opinion, what is causing more Republicans than Democrats to die from Covid?
    propaganda

Comments

splitthis: Lolz

Load Metric

propaganda
    I didn’t know you could die from propaganda but that makes sense. Fortunately that was already on my list of things to avoid. Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 11-09-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Load Metric
    Dear god Sonatine gets his own site and ur left with Walter and this crew dang todge even you don't deserve this

Comments

Walter Sobchak: It’s pretty bad huh

Load Metric
    exactly, the real health care risk is your retardation

Load Metric
    Obviously, they were “freedom fighters” who willingly died for their political beliefs.

Amirite?

Or more like this…

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    exactly, the real health care risk is your retardation

No, it’s your morbid obesity.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

- social distance
    - wear a mask
    - get vaccinated

You can not believe the studies all you like; the data is coming in on mortality rates.

You're far more likely to die of COVID if you ignore the above, than if you pay attention to them.

This is pretty basic folks, and there's no political affiliation to it whatsoever.

It's very sad to see a basic health issue so skewed based on political affiliation.
    Social distance, yes (and I mean staying out of crowded indoor spaces, not keeping 6 feet apart).

Vaccinated, yes.

Wearing a mask, no. That has never been reliably proven, and at best it's of negligible benefit, excluding N-95 and KN-95 which do work well when worn properly. But most people aren't wearing those.

But we've been over this stuff before, and don't fully agree on the mask thing, so I don't really want to argue that here.

Regarding political affiliation, it is true that right-wingers are more likely to die of COVID, given that the right is more hesitant to get vaccinated. Vaccination status is the main difference in those death rates these days, if you're over 45.

However, it's not as simple as you're portraying it. The right wingers have taken this position partially because BOTH sides have heavily politicized COVID, and the left has lied enough times to where many on the right no longer trust them. The mask thing is a good example. At best, they were highly misleading about the value of masking, and at worst they were outright lying for political purposes. I tend to think it's more the latter than the former.

It's like the boy who cried wolf. The left is actually CORRECT that people should get vaccinated. However, they have lied and misled so much about other COVID matters, it's very easy for diehard right wingers to refuse to trust them about the vaccine. Much like nobody trusted the lying boy when there was actually a wolf nearby.

Even with the vaccine, the left is still lying. A good example is the vaccination of kids 5-11. This should absolutely NOT be mandated, and it's questionable if it should even be recommended. At the behest of the teachers union (which essentially owns the Democratic Party nowadays), they havev vastly misled the public about the danger in elementary schools from unvaccinated kids. How many headlines have you seen about the complete lack of school COVID outbreaks in the 2021-22 school year? Shouldn't that be a huge story? Instead, crickets... and denials if you attempt to bring it up.

This is what I mean by COVID dishonesty, and why it's very hard to convince diehard right wingers to trust the vaccine.

I am a right winger who got three Pfizer shots, because I put politics aside and did my own research. I wish other right wingers would do this (at least the ones over 40), and I've convinced a few, but it's hard to get that point across when they come back and (accurately) name all the COVID lies that the left/media has pushed since early last year.

Load Metric

- social distance
    - wear a mask
    - get vaccinated

Social distance, yes (and I mean staying out of crowded indoor spaces, not keeping 6 feet apart).

Vaccinated, yes.

Wearing a mask, no. That has never been reliably proven, and at best it's of negligible benefit, excluding N-95 and KN-95 which do work well when worn properly. But most people aren't wearing those.

But we've been over this stuff before, and don't fully agree on the mask thing, so I don't really want to argue that here.

Regarding political affiliation, it is true that right-wingers are more likely to die of COVID, given that the right is more hesitant to get vaccinated. Vaccination status is the main difference in those death rates these days, if you're over 45.

However, it's not as simple as you're portraying it. The right wingers have taken this position partially because BOTH sides have heavily politicized COVID, and the left has lied enough times to where many on the right no longer trust them. The mask thing is a good example. At best, they were highly misleading about the value of masking, and at worst they were outright lying for political purposes. I tend to think it's more the latter than the former.

It's like the boy who cried wolf. The left is actually CORRECT that people should get vaccinated. However, they have lied and misled so much about other COVID matters, it's very easy for diehard right wingers to refuse to trust them about the vaccine. Much like nobody trusted the lying boy when there was actually a wolf nearby.

Even with the vaccine, the left is still lying. A good example is the vaccination of kids 5-11. This should absolutely NOT be mandated, and it's questionable if it should even be recommended. At the behest of the teachers union (which essentially owns the Democratic Party nowadays), they havev vastly misled the public about the danger in elementary schools from unvaccinated kids. How many headlines have you seen about the complete lack of school COVID outbreaks in the 2021-22 school year? Shouldn't that be a huge story? Instead, crickets... and denials if you attempt to bring it up.

This is what I mean by COVID dishonesty, and why it's very hard to convince diehard right wingers to trust the vaccine.

I am a right winger who got three Pfizer shots, because I put politics aside and did my own research. I wish other right wingers would do this (at least the ones over 40), and I've convinced a few, but it's hard to get that point across when they come back and (accurately) name all the COVID lies that the left/media has pushed since early last year.
    Thanks for explaining to dwai why vaccination rates are low among blacks.

Load Metric

- social distance
    - wear a mask
    - get vaccinated

Vaccinated, yes.

However, it's not as simple as you're portraying it. The right wingers have taken this position partially because BOTH sides have heavily politicized COVID,
    lol one side is like you should get vaccinated as per the science while the other side is snorting horse dewormer

Comments

Walter Sobchak: This

Bronze
    Load Metric
    What are the age demographics for those counties? I don't care to join this argument, but I'll offer an observation. If you assume that Republicans on average are older in age, then the vaccination rates could be the same, but the republican counties would likely have higher death rates due to covid being more deadly as age increases.
    Last edited by FR1GHT; 11-10-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Thread Information