Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playing WSOP Main right now

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Okay so here's that TT hand. Went down weird.

So I just called there. Why? Because it's the Main Event, neither of these guys are calling off with worse (I'm either racing or crushed if callled), and if they fold I only win 36.5k, which isn't going to do very much for me.

So flop comes 8c7c3s

Well, good and bad. Good in that I have a shot to win this against big cards. Bad is that this is going to be tough to play with a 140k (27bb) stack.

So I decide to just fire 15k (3bb). Neither of these guys are retarded enough to chase big cards on a board like that, against the BB firing where they could already be drawing dead.

Well, bad news. Original raiser makes it 35k. Ugh. So I start wondering does he have clubs? 99? A8/K8 suited? A set? Other guy folds.

I decide to call the additional 20k and re-evaluate on the turn. Folding is just too weak here, especially because he could have clubs and give up if he doesn't get them. I didn't want to shove it in, because I really thought I'm getting called by anything that beats me, and the only possible call I get from worse hands would be clubs, 99, and A8/K8.

Turn Qc.

Ugh. I'm done. But wait! He checks!

River Kd.

Not good at all. Now if he had K8, he got there. Plus KK gets more confident to bet, whereas before he may have been doing pot control. Or perhaps he was checking back the nuts on the turn as a trap. I only had 110k left at this point and didn't want to commit any more here.

I checked, he fired 60, and I folded.

Ugly hand the way it all went down. Since I busted, I do keep asking myself, "What if I shoved?", as that might have forced out hands like Ax suited, 88, 77, and 44, and I would have won the pot. I am pretty sure he's calling if he has JJ+ to the shove though, and he would also likely call AQcc and AKcc. So it's quite possible I would have just stuck a giant dick up my ass by shoving, and then be questioning that all the way home, rather than the reverse where I'm questioning NOT shoving.

I still think you might as well just shove pre instead of shoving a low board, because at least shoving pre you're getting a 50/50 double-up if you're facing AK/AQ, whereas postflop they're calling if ahead.

Man I figured this scenario was coming,
    at least IMO, to be blunt ...
    On flop you got to bet Huge, more'n half yr stack, show him your committed and he might fold.
    But Shove pre-flop and we see 5 cards. Cest la vie...
    he prob show u a flush no matter.
    Fahgedaboudit...
    In May may you do it again.....I Pray I am around then. Shalom, you did yr bestest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    shoeshine, I think the problem was that you didn't deal to me this event.

I didn't have one hot run the entire 3 days. That's what I keep telling myself.. I never won any big pots, never doubled up, was never much above average chips (in fact was below a lot of the time), and I still came 50 from the money.

So I can't be too ashamed of that overall, even if monetarily it was the same as going out in 5 minutes.

Comments

shoeshine box: I was thinking same thing..I wish I woulda worked just to had have a shot to deal to you...seriously.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Cool

I didn't have one hot run the entire 3 days. That's what I keep telling myself.. I never won any big pots, never doubled up, was never much above average chips (in fact was below a lot of the time), and I still came 50 from the money.

So I can't be too ashamed of that overall, even if monetarily it was the same as going out in 5 minutes.

Right. you played as hard as you play at life....
    No shame. you played yr ass off to get as far as you did on Fumes...
    You never got a hit of Sun on a dogs ass......Pray for May and a miracle brother...
    or I be on yr shoulder changing flops as they spread em........

Load Metric
    Okay so here's that TT hand. Went down weird.

So I just called there. Why? Because it's the Main Event, neither of these guys are calling off with worse (I'm either racing or crushed if callled), and if they fold I only win 36.5k, which isn't going to do very much for me.

So flop comes 8c7c3s

Well, good and bad. Good in that I have a shot to win this against big cards. Bad is that this is going to be tough to play with a 140k (27bb) stack.

So I decide to just fire 15k (3bb). Neither of these guys are retarded enough to chase big cards on a board like that, against the BB firing where they could already be drawing dead.

Well, bad news. Original raiser makes it 35k. Ugh. So I start wondering does he have clubs? 99? A8/K8 suited? A set? Other guy folds.

I decide to call the additional 20k and re-evaluate on the turn. Folding is just too weak here, especially because he could have clubs and give up if he doesn't get them. I didn't want to shove it in, because I really thought I'm getting called by anything that beats me, and the only possible call I get from worse hands would be clubs, 99, and A8/K8.

Turn Qc.

Ugh. I'm done. But wait! He checks!

River Kd.

Not good at all. Now if he had K8, he got there. Plus KK gets more confident to bet, whereas before he may have been doing pot control. Or perhaps he was checking back the nuts on the turn as a trap. I only had 110k left at this point and didn't want to commit any more here.

I checked, he fired 60, and I folded.

Ugly hand the way it all went down. Since I busted, I do keep asking myself, "What if I shoved?", as that might have forced out hands like Ax suited, 88, 77, and 44, and I would have won the pot. I am pretty sure he's calling if he has JJ+ to the shove though, and he would also likely call AQcc and AKcc. So it's quite possible I would have just stuck a giant dick up my ass by shoving, and then be questioning that all the way home, rather than the reverse where I'm questioning NOT shoving.

I still think you might as well just shove pre instead of shoving a low board, because at least shoving pre you're getting a 50/50 double-up if you're facing AK/AQ, whereas postflop they're calling if ahead.
    1010 is such a difficult hand to play especially outside of position. That being said if his opening range is as wide as k8+ then I'm shoving all day. At most only about 5-10 percent of his range dominates you (I haven't ran math mind you) . I'm assuming the cold caller we are only worried about jj and qq which likely call here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

But you killed at the buffet. Let's be honest the World Series was secondary.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: now thats funny have to admit
    Last edited by limitles; 11-13-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

But you killed at the buffet. Let's be honest the World Series was secondary.
    Sadly at the Rio, what was once a very decent buffet in the 90s, is long gone with nothing left but a large vacant space.

Load Metric
    Taken a few minutes ago:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Guess things didn't progress..
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Taken a few minutes ago:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  3F4857F4-8C3F-4CC1-A775-1B25C9824F96.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  890.6 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    What’s the story with the guy Druff took a picture with?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    What’s the story with the guy Druff took a picture with?
    Perhaps you’ve been out of the country. The KMart shirts were a long running schtick in the old days around here

Afraid of becoming your parents? Dr. Rick comes to the rescue, smartly satirizing a generational divide.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...rogressive-ad/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Taken a few minutes ago:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  3F4857F4-8C3F-4CC1-A775-1B25C9824F96.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  890.6 KB
    Druff trying to find pair of pants that fit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The table I busted from was depicted in this Cardplayer video at the 10 second mark.

You can see me get up apparently start to leave the table for some reason, though this was before I busted. I'm not sure why I was getting up there, and obviously I wasn't aware I was being filmed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Final table:

https://www.pokergonews.com/articles...t-final-table/

Only one guy over 38 there, rec player George Holmes, who is 49.

Chase Bianchi, who is short stacked, is a religious Jerry Yang type, but also seems like a nice guy. Koray Aldemir is the chip leader with 140m. George Holmes has the only semi-comparable stack, at 83m.

I hope either Holmes or Bianchi gets it.

I didn't play with any of these people at any point in the event.

Load Metric
    Five foreigners at the FT, and only one (?) lives in the US. Bet you wish they'd kept the borders closed now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Five foreigners at the FT, and only one (?) lives in the US. Bet you wish they'd kept the borders closed now
    An American busted me, and nobody took significant chips off me who wasn't from the US.

So doesn't matter. Let the foreigners win, I don't care.

Load Metric
    Final table:

https://www.pokergonews.com/articles...t-final-table/

Only one guy over 38 there, rec player George Holmes, who is 49.

Chase Bianchi, who is short stacked, is a religious Jerry Yang type, but also seems like a nice guy. Koray Aldemir is the chip leader with 140m. George Holmes has the only semi-comparable stack, at 83m.

I hope either Holmes or Bianchi gets it.

I didn't play with any of these people at any point in the event.
    lol @ the one fag wearing a mask

Comments

JoeD: If I had 140 million chips on the eve of the Main Event Final Table with $8 million on the line I'd probably demand a separate room to take that pic and wear a bubble suit

Silver
    Load Metric
    Time to move on from the WSOP and focus on the WSOP Circuit Event at The Bike starting in a few weeks.

Even a Limit Holdem Ring event for Druff with a smallish guarantee scheduled for December 2, 2021.

https://www.thebike.com/pdf/tourname...ule_111521.pdf

Thread Information