Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playing WSOP Main right now

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Can someone in vegas get me a fake vaccine card

I know a guy, but you’ll have to fuck him in the stairwell of your hotel.
    Just experienced this but in was in Saskatoon Saskatchewan and the guy was less than attractive. He did move over so I could get by. Canadian eh

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chris Moneymaker is owning heads today.

So is Qui Nguyen.

Will be interesting if both of them run really deep. It's still early, and both of them could chunk it off, but so far it's going great for them.

I actually like both of these guys. I don't know Qui, but I like his positive, happy-go-lucky gambler demeanor. Chris Moneymaker I do know, and he's a very nice, humble guy. He's a great ambassador for the game, which is why Stars kept him on for so long, and why ACR grabbed him so quickly.

Anyway, I always root for myself first, but if I don't make it deep, I'll definitely be rooting for those two, as well as Matt Glantz, who is also off to a nice start.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Taken a few minutes ago:

Name:  todd-muncy.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  78.9 KB

Comments

gimmick:

JoeD: Imagine coming out from Ohio to Vegas to stalk Kelly Minkin and this is the picture you come home with

TheXFactor: Todd paid $20 for this picture.

Sloppy Joe: LOL Muncy not smiling

garrett: lol nice, he will pray to win with you =)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    whoppie doo

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Chris Moneymaker is owning heads today.

So is Qui Nguyen.

Will be interesting if both of them run really deep. It's still early, and both of them could chunk it off, but so far it's going great for them.

I actually like both of these guys. I don't know Qui, but I like his positive, happy-go-lucky gambler demeanor. Chris Moneymaker I do know, and he's a very nice, humble guy. He's a great ambassador for the game, which is why Stars kept him on for so long, and why ACR grabbed him so quickly.

Anyway, I always root for myself first, but if I don't make it deep, I'll definitely be rooting for those two, as well as Matt Glantz, who is also off to a nice start.

Qui is the man, we were at the same table once and got canned off tequila. Then he bought dinner and I was so canned I spilled my wine. Then I bluffed off my stack immediately afterwards while he was still hitting on a massage girl or cell phone case chick he invited to dinner as well

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Busted 50 from the money.

Would've been nice to cash this one because I won zero big pots, was never much above average, and spent most of the time below average in chips.

Never come this close before and failed to cash. In 2011/2012/2013/2017 I was a few hundred from the money. This time about 50 spots.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: You’ll get em next year

FRANKRIZZO: sorry to hear

Silver
    Load Metric
    TID!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's one hand I have doubts about, though honestly I just didn't get much going, and a mincash was all I could hope for, given the hands I got (and I barely fell short).

I had TT in the BB. I had 155k before the hand, blinds were 2500/5000/5000 (BB ante).

MP, a good player with an "team pro" patch on his shirt for a major online site, raised to 10.5k in middle pos (MP). A late position player, an older Asian guy who has a bracelet and a few final tables, flatted (LP). Both have around 400k in chips, so easily have me covered. Were are like 120 spots or so from the money in a 6650 field event.

Do you shove here, 3-bet, or call?

I had 29bb left after the blinds and antes were in, so I actually had 145k in front of me at that point.

Before you reflexively say "shove", recall that this is the Main event, with a slow structure (2 hour levels), a big field, and I've been playing 3 days to attempt to reach the money. So it's not just trivial to shove and pray here. I wasn't playing for a mincash, but I also wasn't ignoring that a mincash was coming soon, after 3 days of "work".

Also keep in mind I just 4-bet over two early raisers a short time prior to this, and got two folds. This sucked because I had a lesser stack (a little over 100 at the time) and was holding AA. I was pretty sure the 3-bettor was snapping me. He thought about it and folded.

But back to this one. Do you call, 3-bet, or shove? And if you call, what line do you take on the flop if it's low? And if you 3-bet, then what line do you take on the flop?

Curious to hear thoughts on this one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, what's annoying is that I had four AQo -- one per orbit -- near the end, where I shoved my final 57 each time. Three were open-shoves and got no calls, and the fourth was where I 3-bet over that 66 hand, where I busted.

Anyway, what sucks about the first three AQ is that there were people considering calling it all three times, including two of them where both people said they had a lesser ace (I never said what I had). The third one was particularly close, as it seemed like the guy had AT or A9 from what he was implying, and took awhile to lay it down from the BB. This would've likely made the difference between me cashing and not cashing.

And in the "it could be worse" department:

- Jared Jaffee was the stone bubble boy (1002nd). 1001st got a Main Event seat for 2022. Even worse, he somehow decided to make his stand with A5o while holding 100k, when he clearly could've just held on and folded to the money (or waited for a better spot). Not sure why he did this. He acknowledged on Twitter that he "punted it".

- Brittney Stout, the pretty Vegas poker dealer who is best known for being Matt Stout's wife, was doing really well throughout the event, and had her stack over 600k in mid day 3, and still held such a stack in late day 3. She busted shortly after me, out of the money. One was a cooler (A9 vs 66 on a 996 board, though I am not sure what position she was with the A9, and whether she should've been in the hand). The remaining just kinda vanished, which I don't know if it was bad luck or tilt. Ouch.

- Someone busted near the money on the featured table with quads over quads.

As torturous as this was, I'll be back next year at Bally's (no more Rio), and I'll do it all again. And I'll be with Jayjami, tradershky, and the others in the seniors event.

Load Metric
    Here's one hand I have doubts about, though honestly I just didn't get much going, and a mincash was all I could hope for, given the hands I got (and I barely fell short).

I had TT in the BB. I had 155k before the hand, blinds were 2500/5000/5000 (BB ante).

MP, a good player with an "team pro" patch on his shirt for a major online site, raised to 10.5k in middle pos (MP). A late position player, an older Asian guy who has a bracelet and a few final tables, flatted (LP). Both have around 400k in chips, so easily have me covered. Were are like 120 spots or so from the money in a 6650 field event.

I had 29bb left after the blinds and antes were in, so I actually had 145k in front of me at that point.

Before you reflexively say "shove", recall that this is the Main event, with a slow structure (2 hour levels), a big field, and I've been playing 3 days to attempt to reach the money. So it's not just trivial to shove and pray here. I wasn't playing for a mincash, but I also wasn't ignoring that a mincash was coming soon, after 3 days of "work".

Also keep in mind I just 4-bet over two early raisers a short time prior to this, and got two folds. This sucked because I had a lesser stack (a little over 100 at the time) and was holding AA. I was pretty sure the 3-bettor was snapping me. He thought about it and folded.

But back to this one. Do you call, 3-bet, or shove? And if you call, what line do you take on the flop if it's low? And if you 3-bet, then what line do you take on the flop?

In a vacuum for tournaments, 3 bet, probably shove 80% of flops. ME bubble money would nit me up though.

I also haven't applied any serious thought to poker in 10 years or played a tourney in 6 years.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    HOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

Unless you're in that situation its hard to say what you might do in that moment. I think I would have flat called. I'm not all in an any situation there absent a 10 on the flop.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brother it sounds like you played great, sorry the cards didn’t fall your way. I hope to hear about you winning another bracket sometime soon

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any other opinions on the TT hand before I reveal what I did?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Any other opinions on the TT hand before I reveal what I did?
    I hope we don't have to wait as long as its taken you to tell us what happened to your id.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yesterday, fairly close to the money, I shove AA with just 21bb over a UTG raise (2bb) and UTG+1 3-bet (5.5bb), and both fold.

Yet this happens earlier today:

https://twitter.com/BetOnDrew/status/1459333317640142851

Sad!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Muncy told me druff is a total sleaze, made him wait for a half hr for his bullshit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Muncy told me druff is a total sleaze, made him wait for a half hr for his bullshit
    Wow, you really did form a friendship with Muncy after meeting him 2 years ago. Nice to see!

We were communicating on Twitter DM so it was slow. Right when he said he was going back up (I didn't see his first response because he didn't answer me right away), I told him I was coming right down, and I did.

So no, I didn't make him wait half an hour.

Here's what he did today, when he wasn't bogged down waiting for people from the internet to meet him:

https://twitter.com/muncyjeffrey1/status/1459435152547794945

https://twitter.com/muncyjeffrey1/status/1459441683418910720

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

A. shove after a moment thought... I believe I am ahead and hopefully they have 1 of each others cards...I doubt one has a Ten...

12.5 a round x10=125k=155 is.... = shove or fold for me,
    i'm not calling off, to see a pic hit board...
    I shove and pray for 2 folds, 1 fold or a caller and a low board .....
    or if u called, fire rest on low board.... any pic u dead...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay so here's that TT hand. Went down weird.

So I just called there. Why? Because it's the Main Event, neither of these guys are calling off with worse (I'm either racing or crushed if callled), and if they fold I only win 36.5k, which isn't going to do very much for me.

So flop comes 8c7c3s

Well, good and bad. Good in that I have a shot to win this against big cards. Bad is that this is going to be tough to play with a 140k (27bb) stack.

So I decide to just fire 15k (3bb). Neither of these guys are retarded enough to chase big cards on a board like that, against the BB firing where they could already be drawing dead.

Well, bad news. Original raiser makes it 35k. Ugh. So I start wondering does he have clubs? 99? A8/K8 suited? A set? Other guy folds.

I decide to call the additional 20k and re-evaluate on the turn. Folding is just too weak here, especially because he could have clubs and give up if he doesn't get them. I didn't want to shove it in, because I really thought I'm getting called by anything that beats me, and the only possible call I get from worse hands would be clubs, 99, and A8/K8.

Turn Qc.

Ugh. I'm done. But wait! He checks!

River Kd.

Not good at all. Now if he had K8, he got there. Plus KK gets more confident to bet, whereas before he may have been doing pot control. Or perhaps he was checking back the nuts on the turn as a trap. I only had 110k left at this point and didn't want to commit any more here.

I checked, he fired 60, and I folded.

Ugly hand the way it all went down. Since I busted, I do keep asking myself, "What if I shoved?", as that might have forced out hands like Ax suited, 88, 77, and 44, and I would have won the pot. I am pretty sure he's calling if he has JJ+ to the shove though, and he would also likely call AQcc and AKcc. So it's quite possible I would have just stuck a giant dick up my ass by shoving, and then be questioning that all the way home, rather than the reverse where I'm questioning NOT shoving.

I still think you might as well just shove pre instead of shoving a low board, because at least shoving pre you're getting a 50/50 double-up if you're facing AK/AQ, whereas postflop they're calling if ahead.

Thread Information