Thread: Crowd surge deaths

Load Metric

Crowd surge deaths

Load Metric
    wrong black guy

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    mostly young people in what was described as cardiac arrest. Bad drugs?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Fentanyl ODs would be my guess. Shits sneaking in a lot of drugs from meth (21st century version of a speedball) to even yeah old fashion speed balls. Fake counterfeit Oxys etc.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Vaccine?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    wrong black guy
    Probably just a typo. Here’s a good link to that news story.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...nt/6317049001/
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Thanks Biden

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Don't believe this drug story. Having worked concert security and the subsequent attending of several festivals, this smells fishy.

My take?

The festival organizers are throwing the security company under the bus. This is not to say that it isn't their fault. Saying there were massive amounts of drugs is accusing the security company of not doing their job correctly and as a result people died. So the festival organizers followed protocol so they aren't the ones to blame.

Having seen the videos, and having seen unmanned security posts, those incidents are totally their responsibility.

EDC NY was cancelled for good after just 1 person died. EDC LV, nobody died, and that's 3 days of 100k people. I don't see how this concert comes back after what happened. They will still be dealing with the lawsuits next year from this event.

Load Metric
    Reminds me of the Who in 1979.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Obviously it was my first thought as well.

I thought about how big that news was in our childhood. Like they broke into the shows on our 3 channels when it happened. Similar to John Lennon’s death a year later when I was watching MNF with my dad as a kid. Now it’s like some one day minor story not even that heavily covered despite a similar death toll and worse injury number. Fuck, I was always aware of the Stones concert at Altamont where someone got stabbed by the Hells Angel’s as far back as I can remember despite it happening when I was like a month old.

This thing just made me think about fame and media coverage and how different the world is.

Made me think about how much news and distraction we have now. Made me think about if it was some band as opposed to rapper I’m completely unfamiliar with? Is there even a band on that level now who isn’t 50? I don’t think there is any band now comprised of kids who approach the fame of the big bands back when. The Who seemed old to me in 1979, just some 60s band, but were probably 35.

But I knew who they were and all their music.

I know this artists name, know he’s famous, but haven’t a clue who he is? Think he maybe dated a Kardashian or Jenner or something.

The Who was an institution. I knew who they were at 9. My parents obviously were that generation. My grandparents knew who they were. Such a segmented world now, where these artists get famous through different channels that don’t catch everybody, yet are big enough to draw 50k no problem. That’s like stadium tour level fame while not being household names. I asked my buddy who has a few high schoolers if he knew the kid on stage? He was just like fuck no, never heard of him. I don’t think you could have a festival with 50k back in 1979 where the parents wouldn’t have heard of any of the artists. It’s like that always now. This buddies daughter is going to Red Rocks to catch some Americana music show from bands I’ve never heard of. I’ll ask some girlfriend’s daughter what she wants for her birthday and it will be tickets to some band. I assume they’re some niche band, and go to buy the tickets and they’ll have 46 million followers on social media.

I wondered about why an artist isn’t a household names yet can draw 50k? I understand it was some festival, but I see this often, where some tour of rappers can draw huge numbers I don’t have a clue who the fuck they are? You just think to yourself that you’re getting old, and that’s certainly part of it, but it’s more how music is consumed. The 35 year olds don’t know who the 25 year olds like.

When I liked some shit hair band garbage when I was 13, my family was going to hear it. I was jamming it. It was the radio. I grew up with a love of all those 60s artist because I was hearing them every day.

Now everyone streams their shit with earbuds or headphones so someone can be a huge star and whole segments of the population haven’t a clue as to who they are. Most of the population. They come up through YouTube or some alternative career path.

I’ll be honest, my first thought when I saw the story was that it was probably a bunch of black kids, but then a second later I thought to myself how unlikely that was in 2021. It was just as likely a bunch of white kids, maybe more likely.

I was sitting there wondering why it wasn’t a huge story? Just media over saturation? For the same reason missing white girls are such huge news? We don’t have faces to the victims.

You just hear rapper and kind of assume it was some black violence and we are kind of immune to that. Or just because of media over saturation and everything else is blunted after Covid? That was so life altering that everything else seems like a small story or disappears in a day now. Afghanistan was a huge story three months ago. That Petito case a month ago. This thing didn’t even crack the starting rotation for more than 24 hours. I’m wondering if we start seeing a bunch of good looking white kids got trampled if it will become a big story?

I don’t know the answer, just the thoughts that run through my head when I see a story. but I thought of the same thing as you and just wondered why such a disparate reaction? That shit was huge news. Simpler times.

Comments

country978: a good bcr read on a sunday morning

Baron Von Strucker: never disappoint rep

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I thought about how big that news was in our childhood. Like they broke into the shows on our 3 channels when it happened. Similar to John Lennon’s death a year later when I was watching MNF with my dad as a kid. Now it’s like some one day minor story not even that heavily covered despite a similar death toll and worse injury number. Fuck, I was always aware of the Stones concert at Altamont where someone got stabbed by the Hells Angel’s as far back as I can remember despite it happening when I was like a month old.

This thing just made me think about fame and media coverage and how different the world is.

Made me think about how much news and distraction we have now. Made me think about if it was some band as opposed to rapper I’m completely unfamiliar with? Is there even a band on that level now who isn’t 50? I don’t think there is any band now comprised of kids who approach the fame of the big bands back when. The Who seemed old to me in 1979, just some 60s band, but were probably 35.

I know this artists name, know he’s famous, but haven’t a clue who he is? Think he maybe dated a Kardashian or Jenner or something.

The Who was an institution. I knew who they were at 9. My parents obviously were that generation. My grandparents knew who they were. Such a segmented world now, where these artists get famous through different channels that don’t catch everybody, yet are big enough to draw 50k no problem. That’s like stadium tour level fame while not being household names. I asked my buddy who has a few high schoolers if he knew the kid on stage? He was just like fuck no, never heard of him. I don’t think you could have a festival with 50k back in 1979 where the parents wouldn’t have heard of any of the artists. It’s like that always now. This buddies daughter is going to Red Rocks to catch some Americana music show from bands I’ve never heard of. I’ll ask some girlfriend’s daughter what she wants for her birthday and it will be tickets to some band. I assume they’re some niche band, and go to buy the tickets and they’ll have 46 million followers on social media.

I wondered about why an artist isn’t a household names yet can draw 50k? I understand it was some festival, but I see this often, where some tour of rappers can draw huge numbers I don’t have a clue who the fuck they are? You just think to yourself that you’re getting old, and that’s certainly part of it, but it’s more how music is consumed. The 35 year olds don’t know who the 25 year olds like.

When I liked some shit hair band garbage when I was 13, my family was going to hear it. I was jamming it. It was the radio. I grew up with a love of all those 60s artist because I was hearing them every day.

Now everyone streams their shit with earbuds or headphones so someone can be a huge star and whole segments of the population haven’t a clue as to who they are. Most of the population. They come up through YouTube or some alternative career path.

I’ll be honest, my first thought when I saw the story was that it was probably a bunch of black kids, but then a second later I thought to myself how unlikely that was in 2021. It was just as likely a bunch of white kids, maybe more likely.

I was sitting there wondering why it wasn’t a huge story? Just media over saturation? For the same reason missing white girls are such huge news? We don’t have faces to the victims.

You just hear rapper and kind of assume it was some black violence and we are kind of immune to that. Or just because of media over saturation and everything else is blunted after Covid? That was so life altering that everything else seems like a small story or disappears in a day now. Afghanistan was a huge story three months ago. That Petito case a month ago. This thing didn’t even crack the starting rotation for more than 24 hours. I’m wondering if we start seeing a bunch of good looking white kids got trampled if it will become a big story?

I don’t know the answer, just the thoughts that run through my head when I see a story. but I thought of the same thing as you and just wondered why such a disparate reaction? That shit was huge news. Simpler times.
    DailyMail has pictures. Look pretty representative of the demographics of young people in Texas. About half the people Hispanic and a couple black and white. Also, Travis Scott is actually a bonafide mainstream hip hop artist who has been around a long time. He isn't an up and coming Youtube celebrity. His music has been popular on mainstream hip hop and pop stations for years. He is part of the extended Kardashian clan and also has a popular marketing campaign with McDonalds. He could go on a 50 location tour through the US and fill out 50K seat venues at every one.

Not knowing who he is has more to do with your location and demographic than anything IMO. There are examples of "obscure" internet stars who are very popular in certain segments of society and unknown in others, but he isn't a great example IMO.

But yeah, young people dying at hip hop concerts isn't even really that uncommon an event. It happens fairly regularly (with a 1.5 yr hiatus due to the pandemic), normally gang, gun or drug related. But it isn't the kind of news the MSM spends a lot of time on, because it doesn't fit the narrative. As a DailyMail consumer, it is something I would come across quite frequently pre-pandemic.
    Last edited by Kalam; 11-07-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

DailyMail has pictures. Look pretty representative of the demographics of young people in Texas. About half the people Hispanic and a couple black and white. Also, Travis Scott is actually a bonafide mainstream hip hop artist who has been around a long time. He isn't an up and coming Youtube celebrity. His music has been popular on mainstream hip hop and pop stations for years. He is part of the Kardashian clan and also has a popular marketing campaign with McDonalds. He could go on a 50 location tour through the US and fill out 50K seat venues at every one.

Not knowing who he is has more to do with your location and demographic than anything IMO. There are examples of "obscure" internet stars who are very popular in certain segments of society and unknown in others, but he isn't a great example IMO.
    I don’t doubt that. I had some idea he was affiliated with the Kardahians. He crossed my radar in some general way, but not for his work.

I guess my question is do you actually listen to hip hop and top 40 stations any more? I don’t know anyone who does besides really young kids. Like I’ve been around a lot of kids who are fully immersed in whatever is hot atm, and the only ones listening to the radio are five years away from shaving. Once they’re 13, it’s can I plug my phone in when they jump in the car? When I’m by myself, I’m plugging my phone in. Who the fuck listens to radio? I’ve got five better options. Obviously I can’t take you back to 1979, as you weren’t alive. That was a seminal news story. It was like how the fuck can this happen? Stories about promoters getting sued. 60 minutes segments. Now it’s a story for a minute and it will be gone.

I guess it’s more what is famous in today’s culture and Warhol quotes banging around my head? In terms of absolute fans, these people are hugely famous. In terms of the average person on the street being able to name a song or pick out his picture, these guys don’t approach the fame. Not close.

Every person who heard kids got stomped at a Who concert from 8-65 knew exactly who they were. That’s not even close to the case with this. Has nothing to do with where I live. Certainly has something to do with my age, but that’s what household name is versus isn’t. This guy isn’t. Yet he’s huge. That’s just a cultural change because of tech and a whole bunch of factors. It just made me wonder if that’s why this story wasn’t bigger news? You had to be alive when it happened with The Who or Lennon got shot to understand what seismic events those were in comparison to some barely covered story. We just have so much more news and distraction and it’s like we are bombarded with shit, and our brains just filter it under big story or back page news and how many died or whatever is irrelevant.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Pretty crazy. I have it o good authority that this was a mass ritual sacrifice that came up short. How dumb do they think we are.

😏
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

DailyMail has pictures. Look pretty representative of the demographics of young people in Texas. About half the people Hispanic and a couple black and white. Also, Travis Scott is actually a bonafide mainstream hip hop artist who has been around a long time. He isn't an up and coming Youtube celebrity. His music has been popular on mainstream hip hop and pop stations for years. He is part of the Kardashian clan and also has a popular marketing campaign with McDonalds. He could go on a 50 location tour through the US and fill out 50K seat venues at every one.

I don’t doubt that. I had some idea he was affiliated with the Kardahians. He crossed my radar in some general way, but not for his work.

I guess my question is do you actually listen to hip hop and top 40 stations any more? I don’t know anyone who does besides really young kids. Like I’ve been around a lot of kids who are fully immersed in whatever is hot atm, and the only ones listening to the radio are five years away from shaving. Once they’re 13, it’s can I plug my phone in when they jump in the car? When I’m by myself, I’m plugging my phone in. Who the fuck listens to radio? I’ve got five better options. Obviously I can’t take you back to 1979, as you weren’t alive. That was a seminal news story. It was like how the fuck can this happen? Stories about promoters getting sued. 60 minutes segments. Now it’s a story for a minute and it will be gone.

I guess it’s more what is famous in today’s culture and Warhol quotes banging around my head? In terms of absolute fans, these people are hugely famous. In terms of the average person on the street being able to name a song or pick out his picture, these guys don’t approach the fame. Not close.

Every person who heard kids got stomped at a Who concert from 8-65 knew exactly who they were. That’s not even close to the case with this. Has nothing to do with where I live. Certainly has something to do with my age, but that’s what household name is versus isn’t. This guy isn’t. Yet he’s huge. That’s just a cultural change because of tech and a whole bunch of factors. It just made me wonder if that’s why this story wasn’t bigger news? You had to be alive when it happened with The Who or Lennon got shot to understand what seismic events those were in comparison to some barely covered story. We just have so much more news and distraction and it’s like we are bombarded with shit, and our brains just filter it under big story or back page news and how many died or whatever is irrelevant.
    Basically that. I knew who the guy was only through the kardashian connection and the McDonalds meal he had/ the commercials for it. Couldn't name a song of his. Fuck, I can't name a Drake song either, I know him most as him being a Raptors fan.

Whenever I hear some sort of newer hip-hop in a bar or restaurant it all sounds like the same auto-tuned junk to me anyway, don't feel like I am missing much.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Bad drugs mixed with people trampled in the chaos. The Afghanistan poppy pipeline has run dry.

Silver
    Load Metric
    #cancel-general-admission

Load Metric
    Back in the 70s festival seating was common. We’d wait in line all afternoon to get up front. I definitely remember a few times where crowd surge took me off my feet. The ultimate was The Who and Clash concert at the LA Coliseum. 2000 punks slam dancing on the field. Glad I was in the stands that day!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Travis Scott offered to pay the funeral expenses for the dead people. Yeah right.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpiper View Post
    Travis Scott offered to pay the funeral expenses for the dead people. Yeah right.
    Him and the festival organizers gonna paying alot more than just that

Load Metric
    Stay away from hood rat concerts and live.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: rapper dude incited the riot
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information